Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

Models by: @100trillionusd

Read my Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Mrs. Sexual posted:

Models by: @100trillionusd

Read my Twitter
gently caress off Burt. You're worse than ghost titty and seraph combined.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

dang so in 6 years it's gonna be a million?

sick

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Stefan Prodan posted:

dang so in 6 years it's gonna be a million?

sick

If it's not, ghost titty has to eat Mcaffee's dick. I saw it on this technical chart:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Who is going to pay me a million for my bitscoin and why?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

junan_paalla posted:

The brain worms command them.

The Noodle Incident
Aug 23, 2007
I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!

junan_paalla posted:

Ah well, they will pay because it will be worth way more soon! And you will also never agree to sell it for the same reason! Currency of the future!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

junan_paalla posted:

A person with a million who wants to buy a bitscoin.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

junan_paalla posted:

From what I can gather they will be bought by someone on the moon, so maybe aliens?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

junan_paalla posted:

i know of at least two dudes who floated the idea of buying some now at 20k, im sure theres enough to fund some people cashing out

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

anyone said fuckcoin?

FrogFucker58
Nov 20, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlGU8hWsoiA

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

holy poo poo they're merging like Neo and Smith!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Call Your Grandma posted:

that's a logarithmic curve

lol whoa it is!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Carrion Luggage posted:

anyone said fuckcoin?
Yeah, the guy who melted down when I suggested he was a coin pervert and later re-regged as "frogfucker58".

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Shumagorath posted:

coin pervert

Redundant.

BlockchainMorpheus
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
https://cryptobriefing.com/bitcoin-will-replace-gold-says-worlds-largest-asset-firm-blackrock/

vortmax posted:

holy poo poo they're merging like Neo and Smith!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8

BlockchainMorpheus
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It's funny how the fools in this thread never actually post any content, it's just drive-by dropping of lovely charts and links.

So a genuine questions for the coiners: How much do you actually use bitcoin, as in spend bitcoin to acquire tangible goods and/or services?

BlockchainMorpheus
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica

Collateral Damage posted:

It's funny how the fools in this thread never actually post any content, it's just drive-by dropping of lovely charts and links.

So a genuine questions for the coiners: How much do you actually use bitcoin, as in spend bitcoin to acquire tangible goods and/or services?
So far, I've liquidated enough btc to pay for:

-A 2019 Audi A3
-Paid off over 20,000$ in student loan debt
-A down payment on a house in the town where I grew up, for my mother, brother, and niece to live in (they were previously renting)

Within the next 6 months, I will also be liquidating bitcoin to pay for a down payment on a ~380,000$-400,000 co-op here in NYC

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BlockchainMorpheus posted:

-A 2019 Audi A3
-Paid off over 20,000$ in student loan debt
-A down payment on a house in the town where I grew up, for my mother, brother, and niece to live in (they were previously renting)

Within the next 6 months, I will also be liquidating bitcoin to pay for a down payment on a ~380,000$-400,000 co-op here in NYC
I think you misread the question. Your entire premise is that everyone using bitcoin for everything is just around the corner. How often do you buy something with bitcoin.

BlockchainMorpheus
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica

Splicer posted:

I think you misread the question. Your entire premise is that everyone using bitcoin for everything is just around the corner. How often do you buy something with bitcoin.
I bought a pair of bitcoin socks with it once. And many pounds of weed.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

-A higher number of forums accounts than the maximum age and median associated prison terms of all other bitscoined-priced products

BlockchainMorpheus
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
Someone's gotta make sure Jeffrey can pay the forums bills. May as well be someone whose life was changed for the better by the forums.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Someone's gotta make sure Jeffrey can pay the forums bills. May as well be someone whose life was changed for the better by the forums.

:byewhore:

BlockchainMorpheus
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eVNCB4ExYE

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

a ~380,000$-400,000 co-op here in NYC

Midjack posted:

:hmmyes:
take your meds seraph

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

poo poo that didnt happen dot txt

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Ad by Khad posted:

poo poo that didnt happen dot txt

Eh, I can see someone lucking out in bitcoin somehow.

Still doesn't change the fact that they had to first convert them into real money to use them.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Yeah sometimes people do luck out in bitcoin. Like that guy who stole all the laptops at the first btc conference. Or the people who had the right political connections to be allowed to bid on Ross's hundreds of thousands of btc when the government sold them for a couple hundred bucks a piece.

Usually people luck out in the other direction though. Like all the people who lost their btc when the exchange hosted on a no-backup amazon server got wiped. Or the people who got robbed by any number of wallet hacks. Or Mark Karpeles who did nothing wrong. Or Ross who very much did. Or Carl Mark Force IV who did wrong while trying to steal Ross's wrong. Or Trendon Shavers who was a bitcoin trillionaire right up until he went to prison and lost everything.

The only person to make an honest living out of bitcoin is David Gerard, and he has to do so much poop-watching and poop-researching that I wouldn't do what he does. But he's good at it.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
people have totally gotten rich on buttcoins and continued to act like escaped mental patients (see also: the buttcoin guy who hired a random kid to dig tunnels under his house and got him killed)

however, there are also plenty of people who have lost a lot of money (on bitcoins, lousy stock picks, sports bets, etc) who get broke-brained enough by it that they go fake like they made it rich on the internet. I don't know why, extreme need for validation I guess. IIRC there was a goonfleet guy who pretended he'd won a lottery and went so far that he threw around a couple thou that he really couldn't afford at a goonmeet.

and anyways "I'm super rich" is the most boring internet brag, and a frequent fallback lie for dumb people who are getting owned corncob-style. especially when they're also posting pics of their C-tier cooking in a kitchen that is definitely not a $400k co-op.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't think anyone has gotten rich on bitcoin in years. The minimum anyone has gotten in on the scam was like $3000 or so 2 years ago.

Really, the only way to make $ with it is to wait for a crash, buy, then wait for it to peak, sell, then repeat. It's slow as gently caress, risky as hell, and even more stupid than either.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
What does Warren Buffett think about btc?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Really, the only way to make $ with it is to wait for a crash, buy, then wait for it to peak, sell, then repeat. It's slow as gently caress, risky as hell, and even more stupid than either.

So you're saying bitcoin is like investing?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

investing has these things called safeguards and regulations to prevent Trendon Shavers from promising you 7000% returns per annum then hooting and hollering as he sneaks out the back door at night leaving all the libertarians to post on their forum about how they know where he lives but dont have the balls to do poo poo

edit: did i say 7000%? sorry, 7000000%

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

same

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't think anyone has gotten rich on bitcoin in years. The minimum anyone has gotten in on the scam was like $3000 or so 2 years ago.

No you see you buy the dip, then hodl, then moon

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

investing has these things called safeguards and regulations to prevent Trendon Shavers from promising you 7000% returns per annum then hooting and hollering as he sneaks out the back door at night leaving all the libertarians to post on their forum about how they know where he lives but dont have the balls to do poo poo

edit: did i say 7000%? sorry, 7000000%

investing also has (unless you are buying Tesla) things called "fundamentals" where you can go ok I'm paying a certain $ for every $ I expect the company to make in profit, so I have some rational basis for thinking the company will reach a certain price if its profit gets to a certain amount

whereas bitcoin has no rational justification you can make for it being any particular price at all, you can say "number go up because blockchain good" but I've never seen any logical explanation of like why you think it should get to any certain price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopiumAnnihilator
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
lmfao at the purestrain copium in this thread. "No, you can't be bitcoin rich! That's impossible! You must be lying, you must be poor and desperate!"

Use your heads, you really think I'd have spent over $1,000 on these forums and over $30,000 on a car in NYC of all places if I was broke?

On this trezor alone is more than enough wealth to do everything I mentioned and more.

I have 20 more of these. BTW, these are the bitcoin socks I mentioned upthread. Pretty sweet, right? I wear them whenever there's a bull run.

By walking around in them, I believe I'm "powering up" bitcoin to new all time highs! I'm teasing, in case it wasn't obvious

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

CopiumAnnihilator fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 21, 2020