Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Of the Ceyton votes I feel worse about the middle wagon like GG and SNG, and worse about GG out of those.

Again, GG is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Yami Fenrir posted:

Eh, there's a lot of possible reasons as to why your action might have failed. I don't think it's a good idea pushing Sal over night action bingo like that.

I'm not so sure about their posting history, either. I know it's probably a bad thing to chalk it up to... Sal being Sal but that's kind of where I am at rn.

Their push on me (If you can call it that), while not necessarily well thought over, seems to at least come from the right mindset to me.

This is my opinion on Sal as well.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

DGK2000 posted:

Right now I think it's AC

I actually could see that. Not a big fan of their quick jump to me for no real reason.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

You don't just go "zero doubt one of these people is scum"... and then never look into it.

What the christ.

Yes because at EOD there was tons of time to read hundred and hundreds of posts

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I gotta step away from this, this poo poo is so dumb.

Bif youre fuckin’ scum and I’ll get you another day.

What happened to this

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

1. Only two people visited bif, if we take IP as gospel. In this case, unprompted, it is highly unlikely for this to be a guess, as they named off both people who then confirmed they visited bif. Therefore I am comfortable relying on this point as fact: only Sal and Yami visited bif.

2. Bif said they attempted to perform an action, but failed. This then, would require, in descending order of possibility:

That they were jailed

That they were roleblocked

That they targeted someone who in turn has a passive preventing themselves from being targeted

That someone redirected the track onto someone else who happened to be roleblocked.

I would find either of the two first options most likely, with the third an acceptable risk possibility and the fourth hijynx.

3. Yami said they have no role blocking abilities

4. Sal said they have no role locking abilities.

Ergo, unless bif was unlucky enough to roll the dice and hit one of the two least likely scenarios,
At least one of them is lying.

Or how about this: Bif IS a tracker. A scum tracker. In a game this big, it makes sense.

Bifauxnen posted:

Cause I'm the coolest moogle and went to go track my next biggest suspect and he went right to me, silver lining to going after Rarity instead of Amni hey

Easy in hindsight to make up who you tracked after they're dead while also claiming. From there, you can just say you're roleblocked or claim one of your scumbuddies went somewhere not the kill.

##vote Bif

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The flip shot all my confidence so I waited until I could sit down and read through some stuff. I like the Sal case, I want to go back and do a read of d1 and d2 for Sal. Would also be down for steak.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Sal isn’t the right vote today imo, we know enough of his claim that if he’s scum he’ll play himself into a corner at some point.

At this stage I’d vote GG, steak, SNG in that order

Then the rest of you lackwits

How is that more sensible over just voting for Sal if you think he's scum?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

I gotta step away from this, this poo poo is so dumb.

Bif youre fuckin’ scum and I’ll get you another day.

I don't disagree, but scum tracker seems odd to me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Grandicap posted:

You are saying you tracked Amni to you?

Referee posted:

That’s interesting. I’ll have to ponder that for a bit.

I reread Bif instead and I'm now curious about Referee's death.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Well more, what info we probably just lost about bif with the death

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I actually could see that. Not a big fan of their quick jump to me for no real reason.

gonna be honest was baked af amd am very suggestible

##vote IA going back to where my heart and mind tell me to be

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

##vote Bif

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Gumball Gumption posted:

How is that more sensible over just voting for Sal if you think he's scum?

I don’t read him as scum atm

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rhjamiz posted:

##vote Bif

Boooooooo

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Who did you visit?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rhjamiz posted:

Who did you visit?

I told you I'll tell you later, but since you think it might be you how bout you tell me first if you succeeded at anything last night.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

I told you I'll tell you later, but since you think it might be you how bout you tell me first if you succeeded at anything last night.

I don't know what you think "later" is going to change given the state of the game. Has your target spoken at all?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rhjamiz posted:

I don't know what you think "later" is going to change given the state of the game. Has your target spoken at all?

No clues. It'll either happen or it won't.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I was told I was successful, also.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

No clues. It'll either happen or it won't.

Then my vote stays on you until you die or things change. :shrug:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rhjamiz posted:

I was told I was successful, also.

Aw, it wasn't you so if you'd been blocked too that woulda been intriguing.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

My point, by the way, is that if you targeted a lurker, then lol good loving luck getting "new information" out of that and your waiting is doubly pointless.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rhjamiz posted:

My point, by the way, is that if you targeted a lurker, then lol good loving luck getting "new information" out of that and your waiting is doubly pointless.

I know, but since it's not like I actually got a track result to share with the class, hoping for the faint off-chance of someone giving an accurate report before I spoil it is the best possible use now for this data.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Rolefishing

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Scummate isn't replying in chat I see

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

DGK2000 posted:

Scummate isn't replying in chat I see

I've been clear from the start that I'm not eager to rush and spoil what little possibility I have of maybe doing anything useful with this just in case my target is scum, by requiring said scumbo to talk first instead of getting to tailor their answer to me. And that's not gonna change just cause you and Jammiez wanna vote me.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Wait, Bif is mostly cleared because Amni targetted her and Took the kill...
Unless there are multiple scum teams this clears her as town like in the 95% range.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Like what are you even trying to find out? If the person I attempted to track is town, they could come forward with an honest report saying "oh I wasn't jailed, no" and that'll make me more suspicious of Sal who I'm suspicious of anyway. Or they could say "actually yeah, my action failed", implying they were jailed, and that'll make Sal not caught in as much of a gotcha situation anymore but I still think he's been contributing no reads, just talking mechanics only and coasting on getting his roleclaim out there to try and prove himself. Which you ironically suspect me for, despite my much townier participation than him.

So even if I get an honest report from a townie, I'm not likely to abandon my suspicion of Sal anyway. There's not much to gain from it except filling in the spreadsheet some more. But if my target was scum? Maybe someone could catch them trying to fudge a story. Who knows. Like I said, it might be a long shot, but there is no benefit to spoiling it just to satisfy you.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bif, did you target me last night?

Not a trap, just curious.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

Bif, did you target me last night?

Not a trap, just curious.

Why do you ask?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Grandicap posted:

Unless there are multiple scum teams this clears her as town like in the 95% range.

I mean, I do think bif is town, but in the absence of Amni coming back from the dead and saying they targeted bif, we only have their word to go by. So Your defense doesn’t seem realistic?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Why do you ask?

Because, my previous power use age N2 could shed light if it was me. Or if it’s one of a specific set of others.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

I mean, I do think bif is town, but in the absence of Amni coming back from the dead and saying they targeted bif, we only have their word to go by. So Your defense doesn’t seem realistic?

Lol yeah that actually made me suspect Grandi a bit more back then, that he just leaped to believing it straight away without question

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

Because, my previous power use age N2 could shed light if it was me. Or if it’s one of a specific set of others.

Hmmmmmm. "A specific set of others" sounds intriguing. It wasn't you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grandicap posted:

we have her claiming a dead person took a bullet for her and a claimed unsuccessful action, but neither have been verified (because the dead person died and her target apparently isn't speaking up)

It's just as possible that Amni protected someone else and she just used it as an opportunity to claim it was to protect her.

I still feel like she's town, but we have absolutely nothing to verify it yet.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Hmmmmmm. "A specific set of others" sounds intriguing. It wasn't you.

Would you reasonably expect the person you watched to come into the thread and explain that they were jailed? Separately, How would they know?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bif, why do you think Amni protected you?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Also who did you track D1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

N1, I mean