Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Skeleton Mom posted:

if this was naruto we would have spent 5-7 chapters learning moro's lengthy, melodramatic backstory right before he died

But it’s dragon ball so he has no story and is just a wall for Goku to punch.

In the most literal sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

It's called Susanoo, get with the times old man :colbert:

i don't remember anything like this in the Amazonians episode of Futurama :confused:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Skeleton Mom posted:

if this was naruto we would have spent 5-7 chapters learning moro's lengthy, melodramatic backstory right before he died

coincidentally Naruto has something resembling plot and character motivation

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Saying Naruto had a plot is going a bit far.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it does but it gets muddled by the war arc

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i'll never forgive naruto for starting with the moral of "hard work overcomes natural talent" and then by the end having that completely thrown in the garbage by having naruto being the most genetically gifted character of all. it's weirdly fascistic

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean most shonen have that problem (including dragon ball) where they like the idea of hard work, but transformations and magic are just cooler

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i guess dragon ballz also did this by having goku be a saiyan but super did a bit of work to undo this by giving us wiener U6 saiyans and having roshi do an ultra instinct or something

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Skeleton Mom posted:

Big Goku was really loving cool, i never want to see it again

Chances are that we'll see Big Goku before Spirit Fission again

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Even in this arc Spirit Fission was kinda tragic. It seems like it should have been a hard counter to Moro fusing to the earth and it still barely worked enough to give Goku a minor A whilst he did the hard work with whatever that last fight was

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What’s funny is it’s functionally the same thing as Trunks healing magic from Zamasu.

Dude out here copying his own ideas

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skeleton Mom posted:

Big Goku was really loving cool, i never want to see it again

I see it now, people complained that UI was providing a canon power ceiling so now Goku has a new level to strive for again in the form of Big Goku.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Goku needs to chill with the technique stealing, now he even took Piccolo's gigantification!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Call me when we get to Bigger Goku and Gokuu.

Also could Goku stop a lightsaber

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So Broly's thing is now Oozaru strength without the size, now Goku can go Oozaru size but look the same

We need an arc to be resolved one day by Goku realising he fought Super Buu to a standstill as a candy ball

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Do not steal vegitos valor

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
The Uub thing is neat, shame about the rest of it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wait a minute, that ending means that angels speech meant nothing.

It was just a sloppy blowjob to Goku for no reason

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I'm sorry that took so much longer than the others, but I haven't had much occasion to practice this one

this is what I call, Biggest Goku

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Christ, people stopped talking about the ending a day after it came out. I can't think of a more damning response.

Anyways I had a question, what is the name of that western comic that is basically what would happen in a shonen anime after they've defeated all their villains and now everyone's old and having midlife crises?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

multijoe posted:

Christ, people stopped talking about the ending a day after it came out. I can't think of a more damning response.

Anyways I had a question, what is the name of that western comic that is basically what would happen in a shonen anime after they've defeated all their villains and now everyone's old and having midlife crises?

Garfield?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

multijoe posted:

You mean Wanted?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

You mean Wanted?

No, it was really explicitly a shonen tribute with a middle aged dadbod Goku guy and a Vegeta-esque rival guy who has no reason to live anymore. Only came out a few years ago too, might still be ongoing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

multijoe posted:

No, it was really explicitly a shonen tribute with a middle aged dadbod Goku guy and a Vegeta-esque rival guy who has no reason to live anymore. Only came out a few years ago too, might still be ongoing.

no one left to fight

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kild posted:

no one left to fight

That's the one, thank you!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

giant goku is really loving dumb lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It doesn’t even matter, size wasn’t an issue in the fight.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Goku's final form looked better in Gurren Lagann and Moro's final form looked better in Berserk, but how they managed to take those concepts and make *such* a wet fart of an ending I do not know

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Does Grandma Goku do all the voices for the Dragon Ball Heroes shorts or do they have a sound-alike? I'm not familiar enough with her voice to pick it out, but it seems like it would be a waste of her talent.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Does Grandma Goku do all the voices for the Dragon Ball Heroes shorts or do they have a sound-alike? I'm not familiar enough with her voice to pick it out, but it seems like it would be a waste of her talent.

Pretty sure she plays Goku in literally everything (kind of surprised her voice hasn’t given out by now).

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I :h: big goku

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The problem is that it wasn't big enough, I want Bigger Goku.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I have a hard time believing that people wouldn't shoot lasers out of they privates (if they could) and that break from reality makes Dragon Ball very difficult to watch at times.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Bigger Gokuu

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You're all sickos

Give me tiniest Goku

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shinjobi posted:

You're all sickos

Give me tiniest Goku

That's how we got GT.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No, smaller

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shinjobi posted:

No, smaller

Journey to the Center of Super Buu not small enough?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I NEED A GOKU SO SMALL HE CAN REST QUIETLY IN MY SHIRT POCKET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Would that be a Pocket Goku or a Teacup Goku?