Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8jeuYMHX9Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Red Dwarf: The Promised Land is a 2020 British science-fiction comedy television film and the thirteenth installment of the British science-fiction sitcom, Red Dwarf.[1]

and apparently the next series is on order

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

apparently craig charles has cleaned up which is nice

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i like that the cat was in blade 2 as a vampire ninja

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

indigi posted:

American Dad is worse than Friends

f🔴r🟡i🔵e🔴n🟡d🔵s has zero redeeming qualities and its ongoing popularity mystifies me

american dad is pretty watchable for the most part though it’s hit and miss for me

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

qirex posted:

apparently craig charles has cleaned up which is nice

he's been running a radio show on 6 music for years, I actually kind of wonder how he turned himself around from "literally smoking crack in the back of a taxi" to "being paid by a national broadcaster"

I haven't watched Red dwarf past series uhhhh 6 I think? Whatever the one where red dwarf itself was back with all the crew and they had waaaay too much cgi going on.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I met Craig Charles as a kid once backstage at robot wars. He obviously didn't want to be there (neither did I, I was like 11 and wanted to see the robots)

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I just remember that Craig Charles presented a vr gameshow in the 90s that also starred Patrick Moore and was nuts. I thought it was *amazing*. Those graphics :pcgaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLj-xibrpoM

astonishingly powerful 90s energy

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I haven't watched Red dwarf past series uhhhh 6 I think? Whatever the one where red dwarf itself was back with all the crew and they had waaaay too much cgi going on.

that's series 8 - the one where they spent the entire series in the brig and it's full of prison rape jokes.

1-6 were the good ones (4-6 especially). 7 is where chris barrie left so they replaced rimmer with kochanski and forgot to write any good jokes. 8 is the prison one. 9 was the mini-series, 10 was the first new proper series and isn't bad. haven't watched the rest yet

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 21, 2020

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Sweevo posted:

that's series 8 - the one where they spent the entire series in the brig and it's full of prison rape jokes.

yeah that's it, I remember thinking "uhh that's a bit much" on some of the jokes even back then and as an idiot teen

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

mediaphage posted:

f🔴r🟡i🔵e🔴n🟡d🔵s has zero redeeming qualities and its ongoing popularity mystifies me

six young attractive people, unemployed (except for ross i guess), who somehow can afford to live together in large NY apartments and all have deep bonds of friendship with each other. it's a fantasy show.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

six young attractive people, unemployed (except for ross i guess), who somehow can afford to live together in large NY apartments and all have deep bonds of friendship with each other. it's a fantasy show.

tbf the others did have jobs I think? Well three of them did.

I always thought that they were essentially unemployable though, I mean can you imagine putting up with that bullshit in the office?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

wasnt one of them related to the building owner which is how they explained away the apartments?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I always thought that they were essentially unemployable though, I mean can you imagine putting up with that bullshit in the office?

i haven't seen the show since the 90s, but i think joey was an unsuccessful part-time actor/model. and phoebe was a waitress? they never went to work though

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mediaphage posted:

american dad is pretty watchable for the most part though it’s hit and miss for me

first season they had a monkey

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
the only good thing remaining about friends is the meet my friends the friends podcast with tom scharpling

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i never watched friends as a kid because I thought it looked like a show for girls. yep.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Kenny Logins posted:

the only good thing remaining about friends is the meet my friends the friends podcast with tom scharpling

it’s so good and i never watched friends

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEmyonfpsgI

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

bump_fn posted:

it’s so good and i never watched friends
same!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/sundownmotel/status/1329573842411352064

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I've never seen friends either. it never really looked anything other than bad. same with boy meets world

I've seen a lot of wonder years though cause my mom watched the poo poo out of that when it was on nick at night or whatever

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

chandler became a middle manager or something i think. between that and splitting rent he was probably doing okay

Roosevelt posted:

i haven't seen the show since the 90s, but i think joey was an unsuccessful part-time actor/model. and phoebe was a waitress? they never went to work though

from what i remember joey was a soap opera actor and an acting teacher too. not amazing but sort of stable? i cant recall anyone but the above three having regular jobs

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
new Mandalorian was okay but i get tired of the Empire as bad guys. i wonder if they're trying to lead into the First Order from the sequels even though no one should want that.

Sweevo posted:

1-6 were the good ones (4-6 especially). 7 is where chris barrie left so they replaced rimmer with kochanski and forgot to write any good jokes. 8 is the prison one. 9 was the mini-series, 10 was the first new proper series and isn't bad. haven't watched the rest yet

7 was also the first one after Rob Grant left and the difference in quality is really obvious. i don't know if he was the talented one or if he and Naylor just worked better together.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i think friends was one of the breaking points of "wait, they have what jobs? and they live in that apartment?"

at least somebody did the best math they could on frasier crane's seattle pad and it actually probably lined up

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
friends taught me to spell "paleontologist"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

i think friends was one of the breaking points of "wait, they have what jobs? and they live in that apartment?"

at least somebody did the best math they could on frasier crane's seattle pad and it actually probably lined up
frasier was also funny

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
roz :allears:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

did roz ever call frasier out for being a boring, bald old wine snob who couldn't get laid if he tried

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

did roz ever call frasier out for being a boring, bald old wine snob who couldn't get laid if he tried
did she ever not

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kenny Logins posted:

did she ever not

yeah for real lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lol they cast her in that final fantasy movie and it was immediately recognizable

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

suddenly i want a frasier themed Cruel Angel’s Thesis

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Aʙsᴏʟᴜᴛᴇ
Tᴇʀʀᴏʀ
FRASIER

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
ᖴ Γ ᐱ Ƨ I Ξ Γ Ш ᐱ ᐯ Ξ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Both Of You, Argue Like You Want To Win!