Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I can't believe Prime Trilogy hasn't come to Switch yet. Seems like such a no brainer.

I’m guessing 2021: basically all but officially confirmed. They delayed since prime 4 was delayed. If 2021 has old 3D zeldas remastered, prime trilogy and BOTW 2 for switch, it’s going to be a drat good year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
its been "leaked" for ages that hd is ready to go, just waiting for 4 to get close to finished, but now its entered into mother 3 levels of rumoured so... eh

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The hardest part of PS5 ownership so far is deciding between playing Miles Morales, Demon's Souls and Astrobot. So far it's been mostly DeS, and god drat is it an impressive remake.

Sackboy is also fun.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

I can't believe Prime Trilogy hasn't come to Switch yet. Seems like such a no brainer.

Agreed, but nintendo are busy making low effort ports of ancient mario games.

As for RDR2, a guy scratched my car at the grocery store. I still hate RDR2 more.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Der Shovel posted:

The hardest part of PS5 ownership so far is deciding between playing Miles Morales, Demon's Souls and Astrobot. So far it's been mostly DeS, and god drat is it an impressive remake.

Sackboy is also fun.

I’m going one by one, getting the platinum, then starting the next. Up to Demon’s Souls now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m going one by one, getting the platinum, then starting the next. Up to Demon’s Souls now.

That's a good idea!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

LionArcher posted:

If 2021 has Shin Megami Tensei V, Bravely Default 2 and SMT3 Nocturne for switch, it’s going to be a drat good year.

Fixed that for ya.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Anyone had luck finding the pulse headphones? PS direct, Best Buy, and Amazon have been sold out for days.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Escobarbarian posted:

There’s a mission in Miles Morales called “Tinker Tailor Spider Spy” and I’m just so disappointed that they didn’t figure out the obviously better version of that parody

Tinker Tailor Spider Guy

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
playing astrobot, drat it really is fun and controller is insane. the end of each world tho :allears:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Rdr2 was a ton of fun :wooper:

Online sucked I suppose, they could have just left it out completely

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

you know, all these old console references in astrobot, burried deep with in the ps5 system, as per the astrobot lore, would have way more meaning if 100% the game gives you 100% full bc with all prior consoles. or they firmware it in soon.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

LionArcher posted:

I’m guessing 2021: basically all but officially confirmed. They delayed since prime 4 was delayed. If 2021 has old 3D zeldas remastered, prime trilogy and BOTW 2 for switch, it’s going to be a drat good year.

Yeah I bet they're keeping Prime Trilogy in their pocket for when they announce the Prime 4 release date. Prime 4 out soon, btw surprise Prime Trilogy is out now, commence hype

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I’m getting a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster and then all I need is a Metal Gear Solid Collection remaster and my life will be complete.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Vikar Jerome posted:

you know, all these old console references in astrobot, burried deep with in the ps5 system, as per the astrobot lore, would have way more meaning if 100% the game gives you 100% full bc with all prior consoles. or they firmware it in soon.

The only way I want them to add PS2 backward compatibility is if they make platinuming Astro’s Playroom a requirement to unlock it.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Is there any way I can pick up the PS5 in stores? Online is a bust because of bots and scalpers so I'm trying to find it locally.

Edit: Walmart is all online.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

So apparently DOOM Eternal Deluxe edition is on sale for $29.69 on PSN and it includes the DLC...... The DLC I just paid $30 for by itself 2 days ago.... :argh: Wish I had known that was gonna be on sale, I would have waited the 2 days.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

So apparently DOOM Eternal Deluxe edition is on sale for $29.69 on PSN and it includes the DLC...... The DLC I just paid $30 for by itself 2 days ago.... :argh: Wish I had known that was gonna be on sale, I would have waited the 2 days.

Does PSN have a refund function?

I've never checked, but man I'd be pissed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Akuma posted:

No way does it include RDR1 online. No. way.

If that ends up being the case I will be very sad, but also just fall back to original RDR1 on Series X where its already 4K/60fps and online is still going. RDR1 Online is superior in every single way, the only thing really missing is that you can't create your own custom character, but otherwise everything else about it is better.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Cowman posted:

Is there any way I can pick up the PS5 in stores? Online is a bust because of bots and scalpers so I'm trying to find it locally.

Edit: Walmart is all online.

Download the myStore app. It searches target store stock in your area. Set your location and search for “playstation”

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mystore-for-spot/id1449655041

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Does PSN have a refund function?

I've never checked, but man I'd be pissed.

"You can cancel a digital content purchase within 14 days from the date of purchase and receive a refund, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming it."

Looks like I am hosed. I downloaded it, but hadn't played it yet. gently caress you Sony.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I liked RDR2 a lot but have a hard time disagreeing with any of the conplaints about it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"You can cancel a digital content purchase within 14 days from the date of purchase and receive a refund, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming it."

Looks like I am hosed. I downloaded it, but hadn't played it yet. gently caress you Sony.

Sony use to have a chat with a real person option, and this worked well for getting refunds, but they got rid of it I think. :/ PlayStation has the absolute worst online store and customer support experience between all of the major gaming platforms.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Crows Turn Off posted:

I liked RDR2 a lot but have a hard time disagreeing with any of the conplaints about it.

They made it too real, it feels like a chore to play it because it takes so long to get anything done in that game. At least that was my experience.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Sony use to have a chat with a real person option, and this worked well for getting refunds, but they got rid of it I think. :/ PlayStation has the absolute worst online store and customer support experience between all of the major gaming platforms.

I'm in a queue right now to chat with a live agent, there are 250 people ahead of me :lol:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

I said come in! posted:

The chat still exists. I got a refund from it not long ago.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

They made it too real, it feels like a chore to play it because it takes so long to get anything done in that game. At least that was my experience.

Rockstar literally fired someone for creating a build of the game for online play, where the horses were easier to control.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Celexi posted:

The chat still exists. I got a refund from it not long ago.

Do you have a link so I can bookmark that? I couldn't find it just now on their support page.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Same, I tried giving it another chance the other day and literally the first thing you do other than trudging through snow is spend like 10 minutes rifling through drawers

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

I'm in a queue right now to chat with a live agent, there are 250 people ahead of me :lol:

its ok 240 of them are just asking where to buy a ps5 lol

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Do you have a link so I can bookmark that? I couldn't find it just now on their support page.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/store/ps-store-refund-request/

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/contact-us/

The second tile is the refund chat queue.

e: more direct link: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/store/ps-store-refund-request/

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
RDR2 makes the classic mistake of "more knobs and gauges and longer, more detailed animations = more immersive" when the exact opposite is true. Obra Dinn is the most immersive game I've ever played I think, RDR2 among the least. It sure is gorgeous though. And the hunting and side stuff is fun.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I said come in! posted:

i used this once when my dog decided to play with my controller and managed to buy a game on the playstation store

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Escobarbarian posted:

There’s a mission in Miles Morales called “Tinker Tailor Spider Spy” and I’m just so disappointed that they didn’t figure out the obviously better version of that parody

I think that is the better version. Fits with the syllables of the original and all four words match what's going on. There's no soldier.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Lotta bad cowboys itt

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Snowy posted:

Lotta bad cowboys itt

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont like how so much of the campaign is riding places and you gotta tap x the whole time to ride at top speed

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

rdr2 owns and all the stuff people complain about it are features and i hope rdr3 has them and more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
RDR2: Cowboy Me Badd