Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Is it possible to punch fictional people through the internet? :argh:

You could go punch the people who bullied Hana Kimura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
did any anti get any sort of comeuppance for that incident? I feel like that sort of thing would have led to vigilante doxxing or something

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theGrooseofLegend posted:

did any anti get any sort of comeuppance for that incident? I feel like that sort of thing would have led to vigilante doxxing or something

lol no.

There are still people who think it was a good thing she killed herself.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Acerbatus posted:

lol no.

There are still people who think it was a good thing she killed herself.

My anger cannot be contained.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I an trying not to look at the comments that are gnawing at her mind like acid. This is too loving real man.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

If the Italian title of the next chapter is accurate Tormenta, then it's going to be another rough one.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Arbite posted:

If the Italian title of the next chapter is accurate Tormenta, then it's going to be another rough one.

Oh gently caress. :smith:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1116917/1

English 26 is up.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The chapter's called Tempest because Aqua's about to give the show a category 5 shitstorm. :kheldragar:

And I have nothing but mad praise for Aka's raw onslaught against the industry given form.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 27, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's sorta strange seeing that while like 90% of stuff about idols is super pro-industry.

That being said I have no idea what Aqua could do that would actually change how people feel. Not like people are going to stop being assholes because he shows them how they've been mean or something.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

No I think he's going to take it to the production staff who have been kinda making it this way, particularly using the accidental minor face cut shot, in order to get this reaction

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Could Black Star Eye Aqua beat Goku?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Super Jay Mann posted:

Could Black Star Eye Aqua beat Goku?
He could destroy Akira Toriyama's career next so yeah.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 27

Aka and Mengo are really outdoing themselves with this manga, I never would have thought I'd get this emotionally invested in it early on.

Aqua baring his former self to the director on Akane's behalf is some grade A writing. You can see just how deep his words were pulled from, both in terms of his experience and training as a doctor (in Obstetrics no less) and in terms of seeing her mother destroyed by the system that failed to protect her from her own childish bad decisions.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If nothing else it's rather sweet how the rest of the cast cares enough to help out on Akane's behalf.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Good on Aka (and I do give the credit just to the writer in this regard, even though the art's been very good so far too) for not even being at chapter 30 of his idol/celebrity focused manga and already diving headfirst into the serious issues of what's messed up about that whole industry. It also gives me a warm feeling to see the whole cast rallying around Akane and to see her saved from her suicide attempt. It's not really a realistic example of how this kind of thing plays out, but it's really nice to see things going how they should in a better world.

I'd definitely put good odds on Akane joining B-Komachi, and once you hit at least three members it seems like they could be off to the idol races.

Also a bit of a random thought, but I feel like Aqua's not going to be able to go through with his mega revenge plot when he finds Ai's killer. Maybe we'll get an unexpected development like Ruby taking revenge or some other swerve that isn't "Aqua kills the dude" or "Aqua makes the dude confess and fends him over to the cops to be locked up forever."

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I think Aka's writing a template for how this sort of industry should be run in the future, for aspiring actors and producers.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
As relieving as it was to see Akane being done justice, I find it weird that the production guy would capitulate to Aqua. As morally right as that speech is, I feel like the company as a whole wouldn't care for the demands of one actor.

Maybe the company is fine with the publicity, even if it's negative and directed at them. Or maybe next chapter it's revealed that either the production guy acted on his own and got fired, or Aqua had some sort of leverage over them. But I'd be fine if this was the conclusion.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

new chapter
oof ouch what ??

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The rando twitter users in this chapter are League of Legends champions.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
First half: hooray
Second half: Oh no

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

:catstare: Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Akane: "I can be your Mommy"
Aqua: OH LORD NO

Aka: :sickos:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 11, 2020

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I like where this is going.

So Aqua's harem is now at 2, correct?

SchrodingersCat fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 11, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Her psych profiling Ai to get into the role is making me think she'll be the first to learn who Aqua and Ruby's mother is.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aqua has questionable relations with his female relatives.

Thirsting for ai could be charitably called "a bit weird" when she was 15 and he was like 30, but it's somehow even weirder when she's also his mom. :v:

I'm not sure what to make of Akane's psych profiling abilities. Makes it seem like she's a few screws loose too.

e: imagine if you started dating a guy and find out years later it's only because you cosplay as his mom

That translator note is loving horrible.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 11, 2020

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Her psych profiling Ai to get into the role is making me think she'll be the first to learn who Aqua and Ruby's mother is.

I suspect the devil horn girl already knows. Jumping to Ai based on that description was a pretty big jump.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if the star-eyes thing is just a piece of artistic flair, or an actual characteristic because if the latter you'd think more would notice. :v:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

Aqua has questionable relations with his female relatives.

Thirsting for ai could be charitably called "a bit weird" when she was 15 and he was like 30, but it's somehow even weirder when she's also his mom. :v:

I'm not sure what to make of Akane's psych profiling abilities. Makes it seem like she's a few screws loose too.

e: imagine if you started dating a guy and find out years later it's only because you cosplay as his mom

That translator note is loving horrible.

There are layers to this onion of fuckery. I surprised not and glad there is no edit of “Your son calls me mommy too.”

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This arc went from great and heartwarming to amazing in record time :allears:

Definitely wasn't expecting this from Akane.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if Aqua's medical knowledge is going to need to be called upon at some point, which'll tip Akane into something being off.

Also if we're going to get a Ruby focused arc. We've seen her perspective like twice and that one girl at their school with the long black hair seemed important with how people talked about her but I don't think she's shown up for more than a page or two.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 29

Local Boy Not So Tough After Being Doted On By Dead Idol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loli senpai is pissed.

I like Kana a lot but Akane breaking character was incredibly cute. :ohdear:

Aqua's definitely up to something at the end though.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 26, 2020

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Aqua has been up to something at the end of every chapter.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

SpacePig posted:

Aqua has been up to something at the end of every chapter.

I bet he wishes he was back in his comfortable life as a doctor in the rear end middle of nowhere rather than dealing with this sister idol/acting/murder revenge plot nonsense. And that's saying something since being a doctor is the exact opposite of "comfortable"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't think Aqua has ever regretted anything non-Ai related.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Akane will now use AI mode to tease Aqua. It is the perfect method of attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Looking forward to the her face when she learns that she's been trying to seduce a boy by pretending to be his dead mom.