Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Sir Tonk posted:

not buying new consoles until at least next year so been watching distortion and lobos play it instead and uh what

He's doing a joke run to get the fastest online time in the Pantheon. There's a glitch to get a fuckton of luck and souls someone else dropped him the items he needed to start the speedrun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

not buying new consoles until at least next year so been watching distortion and lobos play it instead and uh what

There's a glitch that lets you get basically infinite luck and it's pretty hilarious

Luckily it also sets your level to 999 so nobody can use it to ruin PvP

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: it’s always “rng, bugs or hit boxes”

Proceeds to sprint head first into every single encounter, aggroing every enemy within a 100 foot radius.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Quin's a loving idiot anyway.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I'll admit I was yelling quite a bit attacking myself off an edge in the Gargoyle boss, but not as much as these guys. Some of these guys are way too aggressive too, it's better to wait until most enemies make the first move and counter. I died a few times in 2-3 but it's not like you have to run through the level to get back. The mindflayers aren't too terrible if you figure out their general pattern.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I’ve never even seen Mephistopheles because I thought that the requirement for getting her to show up was too difficult or just too much work in general, but I want that Talisman of Beasts...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ghostinmyshell posted:

He's doing a joke run to get the fastest online time in the Pantheon. There's a glitch to get a fuckton of luck and souls someone else dropped him the items he needed to start the speedrun.

tyvm

Harrow posted:

There's a glitch that lets you get basically infinite luck and it's pretty hilarious

Luckily it also sets your level to 999 so nobody can use it to ruin PvP

oh thank god

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
In world 2, is the only Pure White Tendency event getting the dragonbone smasher and showing it to Scirvir? I wanna make sure before I start tanking my WT to black

Imhotep posted:

I’ve never even seen Mephistopheles because I thought that the requirement for getting her to show up was too difficult or just too much work in general, but I want that Talisman of Beasts...

You can get one from killing Black Phantom Scirvir in 2-2, it's why I'm going to be tanking my WT soon :v:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

In world 2, is the only Pure White Tendency event getting the dragonbone smasher and showing it to Scirvir? I wanna make sure before I start tanking my WT to black

As far as I know, yeah.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ahh, the Penetrator. My most hated boss in the original. Guess I'll start my first of many attempts in this rema....oh, nevermind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NFauKT33jk

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Ahh, the Penetrator. My most hated boss in the original. Guess I'll start my first of many attempts in this rema....oh, nevermind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NFauKT33jk

I think the DS3 skills helped me beat Penetrator on my first attempt in DeS.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

You can get one from killing Black Phantom Scirvir in 2-2, it's why I'm going to be tanking my WT soon :v:

Oh drat it’s already close, and I was putting off trying to beat the boss of 2-3 to attempt to kill a few invaders to get all white tendency, but I doubt I’ll be able to and I dont know if I’ll be able to use the dragon bone smasher until ng+ anyways. I already have the meat cleaver so I don’t rly care.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lol does that leech pit in 5-2 actually ever end? I think I killed about 60 of them before they got me and they were still coming.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I think the DS3 skills helped me beat Penetrator on my first attempt in DeS.

Same, but DS1. I played Dark Souls before Demon's Souls and I remember finding the "action" bosses in Demon's Souls (Flamelurker, Penetrator, Allant) really manageable because I was used to fighting bosses like O&S, Artorias, and Manus.

To this day I find Allant really fun to fight because I feel like I can just dance around him, it's pretty satisfying.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Out of curiosity, does the hide helmet option carry over online, or is only on your side? I dunno if I've seen a phantom yet without headgear so I'm curious.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

oh my god the monk's head wrapping loving JIGGLES

lmfao

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

veni veni veni posted:

lol does that leech pit in 5-2 actually ever end? I think I killed about 60 of them before they got me and they were still coming.

The key is the keep going forward in the level until you can go left up the ramps and you can cut down the source of them, then grab the shiny object. It's right after you have to fight off 2 giants and a poisonous ratman. Be careful not to fall down :(

I really enjoyed that penetrator fight, one of the keys is to wait until he raises his sword over his left shoulder with his right hand and actually dive into him, he'll miss his swing and you'll be right behind him for a 2-3 opening attacks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I found that the next time.

Anyone else having trouble getting summoned for the monk fight? I just get invasion failed over and over.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I found that the next time.

Anyone else having trouble getting summoned for the monk fight? I just get invasion failed over and over.

invade any area in world 3 and you can be summoned as the boss in 3-3, I attempted to invade 3-2 earlier and it summoned me as the boss

in the original you could get summoned as the boss even if you were putting down a blue sign, not sure if that's still the case

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Wait where is scirvir, I never found him as an npc, even.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Imhotep posted:

Wait where is scirvir, I never found him as an npc, even.

If you head down the right tunnel after Armor Spider, he's in a side tunnel about halfway down the scaffoldings. He only appears on PWWT afaik though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can I still do monk invasions after beating the boss? Having a bunch of trouble getting summoned and I kind of just want to get the boss out of the way but I don’t want to beat him and be unable to get the hat.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

If you head down the right tunnel after Armor Spider, he's in a side tunnel about halfway down the scaffoldings. He only appears on PWWT afaik though.

That person and the wiki says he drops the beast talisman if you kill him w pbwt

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Can I still do monk invasions after beating the boss? Having a bunch of trouble getting summoned and I kind of just want to get the boss out of the way but I don’t want to beat him and be unable to get the hat.

Yes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Imhotep posted:

That person and the wiki says he drops the beast talisman if you kill him w pbwt

Oh yeah, his black phantom shows up there at PBWT. Ordinary Scirvir (the one you show the Dragon Bone Smasher to) is PWWT.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Imhotep posted:

I just personally confirmed he does indeed drop it in pbwt. Now if only I had thought ahead to check and see that I needed 18 faith.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Harrow posted:

You can also grab the Dragon Bone Smasher from 3-3 (though this requires Pure White World Tendency). It's an absolutely gigantic slab of metal that you just smash things flat with.

2-3, but everything else you said was correct :)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

veni veni veni posted:

You can, so long as you're in soul form.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Wahoo, a wonderful night of gaming. My first time through on Demon’s Souls and I’m playing an OP magician.

I got my Magic up to 40, and Intelligence up to 35. Got my Kris up to +3, got my Monk’s Headwraps, got Homing Soul Arrow.

I’m confused, is there more of world 1 after the penetrator? The tunnels and Latria are both just two long levels and then a bossfight.

I absolutely DO recommend the magic class for a first run, I cast Firestorm on Maneater and they died in 1 hit, and then their friend came to avenge them and I cast Firestorm again! And I firestormed the loving rear end in a top hat who comes to the Yellow Monk fight with Homing Soul Arrow and the head wrap allready, to just fucken smurf me! Caught his rear end in a Firestorm, instant death!

Tremble before Bust Rodd, the mightiest wizard!!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m confused, is there more of world 1 after the penetrator? The tunnels and Latria are both just two long levels and then a bossfight.

Yeah, Boletarian Palace goes all the way up to 1-4. The others end at X-3. I'd say that maybe you should save 1-4 for last, but you don't have to...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Been running around in body form a lot more the last couple of days and keep getting invaded by people with that giant caveman sword from the lady in 5-2 and I have mopped the floor with every one of them. Crescent falchion +5 is so comically OP. I'm like 10-0 on invasions and it sure as hell isn't because I'm good. Just wait for the swing, sidestep thwap thwap thwap adios. Iirc this thing is diminishing returns in NG+ and beyond though.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Been running around in body form a lot more the last couple of days and keep getting invaded by people with that giant caveman sword from the lady in 5-2 and I have mopped the floor with every one of them. Crescent falchion +5 is so comically OP. I'm like 10-0 on invasions and it sure as hell isn't because I'm good. Just wait for the swing, sidestep thwap thwap thwap adios. Iirc this thing is diminishing returns in NG+ and beyond though.

What, the Meat Cleaver? It's a top-tier weapon but only at very high levels to take advantage of its crazy S/S/-/A scaling. What SL are you at?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah the meat cleaver. I forgot what it was called. I assume it's people that just read it was good online, crafted it and think they are just going to win with one R2 attack. They are super easy to kill.

Also, I'm not sure of this is what you meant, but I was referring to the Falchion as diminishing returns not the meat cleaver.

I'm at SL 56 atm.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah the meat cleaver. I forgot what it was called. I assume it's people that just read it was good online, crafted it and think they are just going to win with one R2 attack. They are super easy to kill.

Also, I'm not sure of this is what you meant, but I was referring to the Falchion as diminishing returns not the meat cleaver.

I'm at SL 56 atm.

:laffo: Yeah the Meat Cleaver is not gonna do anything at that level. It's for like, SL120 meta PVP and not much else. It's like the opposite of diminishing returns, but I got what you meant; the Crescent Falchion should perform well enough at all game stages provided you keep it upgraded (you have) and level your Magic. Are there better Magic weapons? Yes. Is it a perfectly acceptable weapon anyway? Also yes. Keep it up! Maybe make a Crescent Kilij if you like the moveset and want some more raw power?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Finished my first NG run tonight. I really enjoyed it - I even did most of the white and black world tendency stuff, and I did the full assassination quest. I jumped into NG+ and cleared 1-1. I kind wish I was at a little bit higher of a level to start (I finished the game at SL71 after I got deleveled 4 times :lol:) I forgot how much damage

I also killed King Doran. I'm never loving doing that again, ugh. I got tired of getting one-shotted so I finally just cheesed him with backstabs and the thief ring.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

The one at 6:50 is hilarious. Honestly, I just feel bad for the guy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hate 2-2 so much.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Raine posted:

invade any area in world 3 and you can be summoned as the boss in 3-3, I attempted to invade 3-2 earlier and it summoned me as the boss

in the original you could get summoned as the boss even if you were putting down a blue sign, not sure if that's still the case

I got summoned as the boss multiple times on 3-1 when I put down my blue sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Oh yeah, his black phantom shows up there at PBWT. Ordinary Scirvir (the one you show the Dragon Bone Smasher to) is PWWT.

OK I really want the Beast Talisman, so how the hell do I turn my world tendency to pure black from ... whatever the hell it is now?