Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

there wolf posted:

You don't have to be a pathological liar to say something wrong and then just refuse to accept correction. She could have messed up her units or used a lovely method of determining time/distance (this song is about four minutes and it's ending just as I'm looping the track = 4min mile) and now she's just too stubborn and proud to say 'well maybe it wasn't quite that fast, but it was fast.'

Even a 4m km is pretty fast. Not world record fast but certainly faster than the vast majority of people could ever have run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Inceltown posted:

Are you referring to 'based' because that has been an alt-reich thing for a while. Did they steal it from brown people? lol if so.

Yeah, it originally meant acting like a crackhead (from "freebasing") then Lil 'B mostly successfully reclaimed it to mean pretty much what the Alt-right use it for.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

there wolf posted:

You don't have to be a pathological liar to say something wrong and then just refuse to accept correction. She could have messed up her units or used a lovely method of determining time/distance (this song is about four minutes and it's ending just as I'm looping the track = 4min mile) and now she's just too stubborn and proud to say 'well maybe it wasn't quite that fast, but it was fast.'

I very seriously doubt she did any amount of running in any amount of time before posting that, she just heard it as a fast but achievable time (I was shocked myself to find out no woman has actually done it, I knew it was hard but I thought it was in the category of "dedicated amateur runners can achieve that pace if they stick with it and their knees keep working," not "at this pace people will buy you plane tickets to run races in exotic locations.")

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Mr.Radar posted:

Yes, banning child marriage is a pedophile plot :thunk: (in case you don't get it: the P in "LGBTP" stands for pedophilia and is attempt to bring back the age-old slander against the LGBT community that they support pedophilia :shepface:)

That's even more bonkers. I guess child marriage could refer to both boys and girls getting married off, in which case it wouldn't be pedophile...but I know in my heart that they're referring to adult men having child brides, and don't consider that pedophile because it's only pedophile OUTSIDE of marriage.

Just typing that makes me want to heave.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
“109to110” is an antisemitic code word so he’s both a Nazi and a pedophile.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I assumed as much, as I had deduced the poster was a nazi based on a couple other subtle context clues.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Scratch Monkey posted:

“109to110” is an antisemitic code word so he’s both a Nazi and a pedophile.

What's the reasoning behind it? It's not quite as obvious as 1488.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/109110

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

quote:

Various anti-Semites have compiled lists of alleged Jewish “expulsions” ranging from 100 to more than 1,000 in number, but the figure of 109 is the most commonly cited and probably originates with a list of “109 locations” appearing on a longstanding Australian anti-Semitic website.

:australia:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I assumed as much, as I had deduced the poster was a nazi based on a couple other subtle context clues.

I knew he was a nazi because of my precognition powers even before I saw the post.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I have no idea if this is even the right thread for this.

https://twitter.com/KeatonPatti/status/1330580226498293761

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
speaking of Nazis

https://twitter.com/KnowN0thing1/status/1330562729762037760

e: https://twitter.com/Lauren_Southern/status/1330370872042016768

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

kirbysuperstar posted:

That last one is really specific.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If you don’t know how to use the word “bias” you are not allowed to argue about its related topics, sorry those are the new rules

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I love this.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Reminds me of that interview piece where her partner was just openly mooching off of her and her depressed realization that her purpose in the movement is just to be a womb for birthing white babies. I think that was just from a couple months ago in, I want to say, The Atlantic maybe?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I love transponders.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

hyperhazard posted:

That's even more bonkers. I guess child marriage could refer to both boys and girls getting married off, in which case it wouldn't be pedophile...but I know in my heart that they're referring to adult men having child brides, and don't consider that pedophile because it's only pedophile OUTSIDE of marriage.

Just typing that makes me want to heave.

For these creeps, pedophilia is almost exclusively men pursuing boys with only a little nod towards prepubescent girls. Spoilered for creep poo poo When it comes to girls, the disparity between a certain definition of physical maturity, and mental maturity is the point. They want child marriages because they want to be able to shape their wives' development as people, and see the onset of puberty and it's signaling of developing sexual maturity as the natural point for training to begin.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There needs to be a better and more authoritative way of owning people online

Like mortal kombat style ripping head off with spine still attached or something

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

peoples tribunals empowered to revoke posting licenses

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
...judged by a jury of your shitposting peers, we condemn you to a year of horny jail.

BONK

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/Struggle_Tweet/status/1330687652127903744?s=19

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

kirbysuperstar posted:

If you just looked at the preview and didn't click on the link, you're seriously missing out.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

hyperhazard posted:

Reminds me of that woman claiming to run a 4 minute mile. Just grabbing a shovel and digging themselves deeper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-minute_mile

A four-minute mile is impressive, but something that professional athletes accomplish routinely nowadays. Still probably an exaggeration, but not as impossible as having a 7 ton horse.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps it was a river horse.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
She would have been the first woman to run a 4 minute mile, and beat the current women's wr by like 12 seconds. Unless she was specifically training for this, no one did it by accident. Maybe if she like, never had a car, and sprints everywhere and has professional nutrition and sports medicine, but it is extremely unlikely that anyone ran a 4 minute mile by accident.

I mean, it implies that with minimal training, she would have every running record. A pace runner alone should see her shaving seconds off. Shes claiming to be the fastest woman in the world, by accident.

Babylon Astronaut has a new favorite as of 09:02 on Nov 23, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SimonChris posted:

A four-minute mile is impressive, but something that professional athletes accomplish routinely nowadays. Still probably an exaggeration, but not as impossible as having a 7 ton horse.

As pointed out in the posts the womens world record isn't under 4 minutes, it's held by Sifan Hassan of The Netherlands in 4:12.33. Going to go out on a limb and say they brought that up because OP is a woman and would thus have made it very impressive if they did that out of nowhere.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

SimonChris posted:

It's also literally faster than any woman has ever run a mile

quote:

No woman has yet run a four-minute mile. As of 2019, the women's world record is held by Sifan Hassan of the Netherlands, with a time of 4:12.33 clocked at the Diamond League meeting in Monaco, in 2019.[21]

I agree it's more likely she's the fastest woman on earth than the dude had a seven ton horse, but not by as much as you think.

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!
4 mile lady just strikes me as someone who doesn’t keep specific track of things and after running a mile decided it felt like about four minutes, and that was that. Then just doubling down on her guesstimate when called out on how unlikely it is because maybe I did a record who could say? Good for me. Haters gonna hate lol.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/farndell_chris/status/1330613822361579522?s=21

When you forget written language exists as you write.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/benyahr/status/1330556131001905154

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Anyone else remember that Mighty Max wasn't just a series of toys but also a cartoon series?

I remember being in the fourth grade (so roughly 10 years old) being in a conversation with someone who was claiming to have seen every episode. I invented a villain by blending the Greek mythology of the Chimera into something with completely different component animals and, of course, he said that of course he'd seen that episode.

It's just doubling down on a lie that's a claim to fame, it's not new. It's weird to keep doing it as an adult, though.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

I know when I don't sleep the day becomes longer. Really screws up a lot when you slow the earth's rotation.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Data Graham posted:

If you don’t know how to use the word “bias” you are not allowed to argue about its related topics, sorry those are the new rules

The crazy thing here is that this specific misuse is a marker for online chuddery. If you see someone use "bias" as an adjective, it's literally always a trumpist dipshit.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Bonster posted:

I know when I don't sleep the day becomes longer. Really screws up a lot when you slow the earth's rotation.
to be undeservedly fair, this is a factor when driving West.

Atlanta to Las Vegas is about 2,000 miles and you "lose" two hours over the course of it going from Eastern to Mountain Time. Atlanta to Los Angeles is about 2,200 miles and you "lose" three hours going from Eastern to Pacific Time.

But as someone who has driven long road trips from Memphis to locations like New York City, Miami, and San Jose, and also back to Memphis from them as a single leg, I would never pretend that it was easy. Hell, the San Jose to Memphis leg took 32 hours and there was a blizzard involved.

/e basically having actual experience i'd probably go "2,000 miles? i could probably do that in one go." then i'd actually look up how far that is and not double down

FFT has a new favorite as of 11:07 on Nov 23, 2020

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Speaking of; my parents getting off a plane in the middle of nowhere Australia, my mum, Australian, is a bit tired so let’s my English dad drive for the first time in about 30 years. Farm is 3 hours drive away down one long straight road, 3 hours later, no farm. 4 hours later the “what side does the sun come up on this side of the world?” question in my dad’s small voice happens...

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
When you're upside down, the things on your left are suddenly on your right

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Everything is murder, except actual murder, which is OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

FFT posted:

Anyone else remember that Mighty Max wasn't just a series of toys but also a cartoon series?

I remember being in the fourth grade (so roughly 10 years old) being in a conversation with someone who was claiming to have seen every episode. I invented a villain by blending the Greek mythology of the Chimera into something with completely different component animals and, of course, he said that of course he'd seen that episode.

It's just doubling down on a lie that's a claim to fame, it's not new. It's weird to keep doing it as an adult, though.

Are you also the guy who made up poo poo about Street Sharks?