Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

every character can be trans if you want them to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Acerbatus posted:

Was it this thread or another one that established egg is kind of a bad term?

Anyways, there are male-identifying people who do like to dress up very cutely. I don't know how Hiura identifies, but I am glad they are expressing themselves in a way they enjoy.

Less 'established' and more 'controversial'

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i think its easier to say with that manga that viewing hiura as directly trans is a fairly obvious possible reading

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Acerbatus posted:

Was it this thread or another one that established egg is kind of a bad term?

Anyways, there are male-identifying people who do like to dress up very cutely. I don't know how Hiura identifies, but I am glad they are expressing themselves in a way they enjoy.

That was more in response to some folks overzealously labeling real people eggs, less so with interpretations of fictional characters.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

"Egg" is (or at least should be) an interpretation of a character rather than an outwardly-impressed identity on an individual, fictional or otherwise. It says a lot more about the speaker than it does the subject.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I thought I made it clear in my post that this is my opinion? I didn't even use "an egg" to describe Hiura, I said "she's hatching her egg" which is shorthand for "figuring out her feelings and overall identity."

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
'coming out as trans by dressing up one day and loving it, and now my best friend is pampering and falling in love with me' is the best manga genre

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i would like to see ones with ladies loving ladies

someone is going to point out to me this tends to be more in stuff where its more of a magical explanation but that is a bit different and often has less pampering... though hero who pulled the sword does have a lot of good teasing

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 22, 2020

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mikl posted:

In today's How to Make a Girl Fall in Love: hairstyles and napes.

You'll never convince me Hiura's not a trans girl who's laboriously hatching her egg.

I've seen a lot of chaste romance but this is a new level of chaste and I love it. And yes, egg is controversial (mostly when applied to other, real people), but when discussing manga it's fine in my opinion.

And at this point I'm honestly divided on how I feel about how Hiura may ultimately end up with their gender identity! Finding that they are trans would be lovely but being male and expressing their gender differently is also perfectly valid and beautiful.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

witches servant updated, king bull is on his bullshit again

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

betty is such a good girl

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

betty is such a good girl
And it seems like the next arc will focus on her, which is just wonderful :3: Not to mention that the prospect of the demon lord's castle turning into a haven for the persecuted where everyone's allowed to be themselves is such a great direction for this story.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Hello lgbt thread, I'm looking for a manga that I saw mentioned in a tweet a while ago. The premise is that it's two women who are neighbors, one of them is the director for a famous tv show (?) and the other one is obsessed with that show but doesn't know that the director is living next door. And then they meet and fall in love, I guess.

I must have gotten something wrong because Google isn't giving me anything :( Does anyone here know of something like that?

ZarquonHigardi
Mar 27, 2010

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Hello lgbt thread, I'm looking for a manga that I saw mentioned in a tweet a while ago. The premise is that it's two women who are neighbors, one of them is the director for a famous tv show (?) and the other one is obsessed with that show but doesn't know that the director is living next door. And then they meet and fall in love, I guess.

I must have gotten something wrong because Google isn't giving me anything :( Does anyone here know of something like that?

The summary reminds me of A Girl Like a Pilgrim, but that's about a mangaka and a rather obsessive fan.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

That must be it! I don't know where I got director from. Thank you so much :hfive:

I don't know if you can ask for recommendations here, but are there any notable manga that have bi characters? Especially women but guys are okay too. I have only read wlw titles before, I've never seen any with bi characters.

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 27, 2020

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
First, follow the instructions in the thread title, then try this https://dynasty-scans.com/tags/bisexual

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

I looked up Kakeochi Girl and realized I started reading it a couple months ago and never finished it, gonna do that immediately :3:

Will look through the llist you posted, thanks!

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Hi I'm a lesbian and I like Pretty Cure

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Pikestaff posted:

Hey, same!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Pikestaff posted:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pikestaff posted:

No w...!

No. No. If we're doing this, it's worth doing right.

[clears throat]

ありえない! :stonk:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

No w...!

No. No. If we're doing this, it's worth doing right.

[clears throat]

ありえない! :stonk:
what

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Yeah. I get it. That makes perfect sense to me.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
Precure looks cute, do I have to watch it in any order?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cephas posted:

Precure looks cute, do I have to watch it in any order?
No, it's just a bunch of magical girl shows. There's some callbacks and some crossover movies but there's no continuous narrative between shows, not even in the background or subtly implied. Just pick whichever season seems most appealing to you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
one day i will watch a precure and finally understand the complexities of Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

one day i will watch a precure and finally understand the complexities of Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!

From what I read of it, they mostly reference Futari wa, Smile and Heartcatch.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I saw her AV signature and thought I'd do something cute? :shobon:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is it with fish and lesbians that equals angst?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
200 chapters in we don't need a prince has come to an end.

https://mangadex.org/title/19436/ouji-sama-nante-iranai

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

Hello, Melancholic chapter 13 is out! In which Minato continues to be an accurate representation of awkward teenager.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This manga about gay HR ladies seems good

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That is just such a cute manga. Also, I thought it was pretty funny that that girl was into 3D boys (as opposed to 2D boys).

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Which one is this from?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

ToxicFrog posted:

Which one is this from?

here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
When your favorite author discovers you are a lesbian. Tale as old as time.