Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Actually I think you'll find that their siracha tofu is e.deece, though?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol rekt

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

the dark chocolate peanut butter cups at Trader joe’s are tasty junk food but i won’t go out of my way for them.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Slippery Tilde

Agile Vector posted:

do they balance it out with equally offensive ones, like trader josefs canned borscht or whatever

yeah they have a bunch

Trader Joe's labels are sometimes named in accordance with the ethnicity of the food in question, such as "Trader Jose's" (Mexican food), "Baker Josef's" (flour and bagels), "Trader Giotto's" (Italian food), "Trader Joe-San's" (Japanese food), "Trader Ming's" (Asian food), "JosephsBrau" (beer), and "Trader Jacques'" (French food and soaps).

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Slippery Tilde
it's only racist if you say those labels out loud in the voice

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's only racist if you say those labels out loud in the voice

except trader giotto's. that one's never racist

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah they have a bunch

Trader Joe's labels are sometimes named in accordance with the ethnicity of the food in question, such as "Trader Jose's" (Mexican food), "Baker Josef's" (flour and bagels), "Trader Giotto's" (Italian food), "Trader Joe-San's" (Japanese food), "Trader Ming's" (Asian food), "JosephsBrau" (beer), and "Trader Jacques'" (French food and soaps).

this isn't racist

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

except trader giotto's. that one's never racist
correct

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1223650709922635776?s=21

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

so my little sister's bff just dropped dead, which is bizarre because she and her husband are both rural as gently caress louisianians whose family is the weird kinda religious (snakes and tongues and "nondenominational" christians in temporary buildings)

so you'd think it was covid right? nooooope

ofc they test for that immediately before they put you on the vent, which she needed for the icu, but even though they still don't know what made an early-30s woman drop dead after only complaining about a headache that morning, it's most likely a stroke

also i'm impressed that her insane family allowed organ donation, she's apparently saving like 7 lives which is awesome

So my aunt had a stroke from an undiagnosed afib like 2 months ago. She had covid like 3 months prior. You can't say for sure that they're linked, but like, that's a hell of a coincidence.

With all the asymptomatic poo poo going on, plus chuds not getting tested, etc etc, what's the probability she had covid months ago and no one knew/brought it up to the docs?
(No victim blaming here and condolences to the family, but I don't think coincidences exist in hellworld 2020)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

shoeberto posted:

So my aunt had a stroke from an undiagnosed afib like 2 months ago. She had covid like 3 months prior. You can't say for sure that they're linked, but like, that's a hell of a coincidence.

With all the asymptomatic poo poo going on, plus chuds not getting tested, etc etc, what's the probability she had covid months ago and no one knew/brought it up to the docs?
(No victim blaming here and condolences to the family, but I don't think coincidences exist in hellworld 2020)

apparently healthy young people dropped dead every year before 2020 too

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

shoeberto posted:

ive been hospitalized for afib and have been living in terror for the past ten months because if i get covid, even if i don't drop dead from stroke, i will be bedbound for the rest of my life and have to rest five hours after lifting my arm to hit the post button if i don't want to die

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Slippery Tilde

shoeberto posted:

unlikely but nonzero i guess

she used to work at a clinic or something, i don't think they were straightup covid deniers

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Slippery Tilde
and yeah people dropped dead all the time before this year

hoverwife had a 40 year old heart attack patient die recently. she says all it takes is bad genes and bad luck

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

all it takes is bad genes and bad luck
uh oh :ohdear:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I have allergies that give me a stuffy nose, runny nose and sneezing so at th start of the pandemic I was freaking out about every errant cough but now I don't care anymore because that's no way to live for the 1,5 to 2 years this thing will end up taking.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

just went to aldi's, the cheap trader joe's, and it owned. paid like $30 for a week's supply of groceries.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Trader Joes is the expensive Aldi really.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I went out to do some exercise and some guy tried to literally run me off the road by swerving his car at me which would have been an annoying way to end up in hospital right now

but he failed and instead I smacked the side of his car and made a series of rude gestures at him which made him super angry and greatly entertained me

A+ would antagonise again

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah they have a bunch

Vaihtaja-Jaskan milk and milk accessories

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

spankmeister posted:

Trader Joes is the expensive Aldi really.

but it already seems cheap as gently caress tho. aldi more so?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

and yeah people dropped dead all the time before this year

hoverwife had a 40 year old heart attack patient die recently. she says all it takes is bad genes and bad luck

i had a college friend with some undiagnosed lung condition that caught up to him and he dropped dead at 27

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

President Beep posted:

but it already seems cheap as gently caress tho. aldi more so?

i have never spent more than $40 for a week's worth of groceries, unless i bothered to load up on booze at the same time

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i know several english-as-a-second-language people that always call it "traders joe" for some reason. maybe they're secretly yospos.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I just ran to Costco to get some stuff before the big holiday lockdown and there were no paper products whatsoever. Anything you could conceivably wipe your rear end with was sold out.

i went to meijer the other day and it was totally stocked, plenty of paper products everywhere

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I went out to do some exercise and some guy tried to literally run me off the road by swerving his car at me which would have been an annoying way to end up in hospital right now

but he failed and instead I smacked the side of his car and made a series of rude gestures at him which made him super angry and greatly entertained me

We really should get around to criminalizing attempted homicide via vehicle one of these days, it's weird that it's only a civil complaint when successful

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Did Shaggar have an amber YOSPOS bumper sticker or a green one?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Did Shaggar have an amber YOSPOS bumper sticker or a green one?

lol but anyway shaggar actually rocks a custom windows xp css when browsing the pos

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

ShadowHawk posted:

We really should get around to criminalizing attempted homicide via vehicle one of these days, it's weird that it's only a civil complaint when successful

what if we legalized vehicular murder instead?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

pseudorandom name posted:

what if we legalized vehicular murder instead?

haven’t we?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

weved decriminalized it but we have a long way to go before full acceptance

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
mlyp

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

*mlp resume

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

you know i have a bad history woth that, kenny!!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

* kenny logins visits central park in nyc*

hey how about that whole 9/11 thing? you guys remember that?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

* kenny logins visits central park in nyc*

hey how about that whole 9/11 thing? you guys remember that?

no, what’s that

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
rudy giuliani told me that there were no terrorist attacks in new york during the bush administration

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

you know i have a bad history woth that, kenny!!!
*with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:tizzy: