Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Policenaut posted:

The Capcom leaks continue. And they got real big real fast.

yo what. loving outbreak!? finally. also Apocalypse... is that the netflix liveaction/cgi shows? i wonder what kinda game hank/hunk is gonna be and which one of these is the switch RE game and where the gently caress is reworked revelation 3 for nintendo switch, capcom. you cant leak out rebecca and then can it.

also i told you all re4 remake was 2022! jackpot baby

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

codo27 posted:

Apocalypse. Could it be Umbrella or whoever the gently caress is eventually going to win and we're going to have a post apoc game? So disgusting how SF6 is there and then Ultra 2 years later. I mean I knew they plan this and thats the way the industry works but, to actually see it :negative:

yeah, this is some behind the curtain poo poo, you knew it was happening but you kinda hoped it wasnt

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Policenaut posted:

It's people combing through countless images like this from the leak earlier trying to translate it all.

onimusha new work :eyepop:

still waiting on the words "dino crisis" from this loving leak

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Dragon's Dogma 2? gently caress yes.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Vikar Jerome posted:

onimusha new work :eyepop:

still waiting on the words "dino crisis" from this loving leak

That was a typo, it’s actually “Onimusha: New York”

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Even better.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Anonymous Robot posted:

gently caress yeah

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

yo what. loving outbreak!? finally. also Apocalypse... is that the netflix liveaction/cgi shows? i wonder what kinda game hank/hunk is gonna be and which one of these is the switch RE game and where the gently caress is reworked revelation 3 for nintendo switch, capcom. you cant leak out rebecca and then can it.

also i told you all re4 remake was 2022! jackpot baby

the monkeys paw curls a finger. its outbreak...

characters for resistance

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Considering we have actual rich guys seeing studies where they staple rats together and see that maybe it reversed aging and respond by trying to steal the blood of the young for power, I find the weird-rear end eugenics dominionism bit by a bunch of rich white guys one of the most believable parts of RE's story.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, it's not like it's the craziest thing Resident Evil has ever done. It just didn't feel as present to me as the "amoral corporate profiteering with no regards for safety or sanity" angle always has, is all.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, it's not like it's the craziest thing Resident Evil has ever done. It just didn't feel as present to me as the "amoral corporate profiteering with no regards for safety or sanity" angle always has, is all.

That’s just the difference between the managers and the owners.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That it is. I suppose it's somewhat telling that the games which focused more on the personal craziness of the top-level Umbrella people (like RE0 and Code Veronica) than on the "what's a cyberpunk?" dystopian corporate angle were also the ones which I liked the least. The series has two very different approaches to the kind of story it presents, a bit like Silent Hill in that regard.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 21, 2020

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Power Stone remake sounds loving choice to me but it's more than four years away, lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol RE 2: a fairly faithful remake of the original
RE 3: it's nemesis time baby

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol RE 2: a fairly faithful remake of the original
RE 3: it's nemesis time baby

:hellyeah:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The RE3 remake is the Resident Evil game for people who really, really liked the movies.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not entirely sure why it's a remake since they made a completely different game using characters with the same name.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It's probably more correct to call it a reimagining or something like that, but I guess in the end it's just semantics.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man, I really hope RE8 comes out on Xbone/PS4.

Kind of jonesing for a new horror game and, of course, love the series. I fired up Alien: Isolation to get a good scare and got my son hooked on it and am about to replay EW2, which I only played once and remember loving to death since he's curious about that too.

What I'd really like is a new Fatal Frame game. Apparently there's one for the Wii, which seems like it'd be fun with that control scheme but I can't find it on Amazon.

What's the best of the on rails Wii RE shooter games? I see 2.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

What I'd really like is a new Fatal Frame game. Apparently there's one for the Wii, which seems like it'd be fun with that control scheme but I can't find it on Amazon.
There are two, one for the Wii and one for the Wii U. By all accounts, neither of them are any good, though.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The Wii one never got a western release. V did, on the Wiiu.

They are okay, tho they never quiet reach the quality of two.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Cardiovorax posted:

There are two, one for the Wii and one for the Wii U. By all accounts, neither of them are any good, though.

The Wii one is 4, right? I hear that one's actually quite good.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

The Wii one is 4, right? I hear that one's actually quite good.

It has some annoying things, mainly Wii load times and those ghost hands. The fan translation patch is quite good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maiden of Black Water is okay, bit by the numbers which happens with your fifth sequel sometimes.

There are two Wii games, a slightly worse but still playable port of 2 and the fourth in the series which never got an official western release for whatever reason (game breaking bugs allegedly). There's a fan patch though getting games with heavy wiimote use going on an emulator can be finicky.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Maiden of Black Water is okay, bit by the numbers which happens with your fifth sequel sometimes.

There are two Wii games, a slightly worse but still playable port of 2 and the fourth in the series which never got an official western release for whatever reason (game breaking bugs allegedly). There's a fan patch though getting games with heavy wiimote use going on an emulator can be finicky.

I've had infinite loading doors on a modded Wii back then, yeah.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

BiggerBoat posted:

What's the best of the on rails Wii RE shooter games? I see 2.

Umbrella chronicles is the good one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dead Space Extraction

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

RE: Fatal Frame

I enjoyed 4 on the Wii a lot. It also has a remake of 2 in a similar style.

5 on Wii U wasn’t that great though.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Ghost Squad is by far my favourite Wii shooter game. I didn't find the RE shooters that good by comparison although they are still fun as theme park ride versions of the original games.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
The House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return is some good classic rail shooter action. And Overkill is a good time too.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Replaying RE2R after going through the original a few times, and never noticed this gag before

(in case you didn't get it)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So holy poo poo I fired up EW2 for the first time in 4 years and honestly had forgotten everything about it beyond remembering it was awesome.

And I can confirm that it is in fact awesome.

I only beat it the one time and had a NG+ option but my kid wanted to see it so I just started a fresh game. I LOVE the open world town part of it and wish that RE3 had taken a page out of this approach. OPen world games are usually too time consuming and overwhelming for me but this game is masterful at creating the illusion of open world but cleverly restricting your map.

Really glad I loaded this one back up but honestly forgot some of the more graphic and intense parts so I'm a little hesitant to expose my 10 year old son to some of it. The mother force feeding his dead kid spooked him pretty good (me as well) so we'll have to see if I'm brushing up too close age appropriateness here.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

The RE3 remake is the Resident Evil game for people who really, really liked the movies.

3make is an adaptation of Jill's intro scene in the second movie.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Bloodcider posted:

3make is an adaptation of Jill's intro scene in the second movie.
Exactly what I was thinking of. And what a scene it is! I unironically love that movie. It is utter, cheesy B-movie garbage, but if anything captures the feeling of Resident Evil as a series, that would certainly be it.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Agreed. The second movie is by no means good by any normal measure, but as far as trying to put RE on screen... it worked.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I hate the RE movies but not because they are inaccurate but because man they are boring.

How do you gently caress up action schlock?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Boring how? Just asking out of curiosity. Is there anything in specific that you think they could've done better? I'm not really into movies as a general thing, so I guess my standards would be low.

e: also, I never noticed before, but if you ignore the haircut, in-game Carlos really looks a lot like movie Carlos, doesn't he?

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 28, 2020

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
No talk of Code Veronica on Steam, or a Remake :(

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rookersh posted:

No talk of Code Veronica on Steam, or a Remake :(

It emulates well through Dolphin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

...not that anyone was really missing it all that much, anyway.