Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

golden bubble posted:

The new library of runia update is very big and impressive. I'm surprised at how blatantly mafioso the Thumb turned out to be. You fight a bunch of soldatos on the first invite, and then you face a sottocapo and his caporegimes in the next invite. At this point the only way to escalate is to fight the capo dei capi of the Thumb.

I just want to give the thumb the middle.

Is that so much to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The new final episode in Library has one of the rudest things I've seen yet and I loving love it. (Massive spoilers)

The fight starts with Angela taking on the form of the Silent Orchestra, just like Hod's floor started with her taking on the fifth abnormality. So you go through the phase and don't actually kill De Capo, just survive its performance. After you take out Angela's fifth form, the Silent Orchestra form comes back for an encore performance and you actually have to beat it now in phase six.

:allears:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
There is also new music.
So much new music :swoon:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

CHiRAL posted:

There is also new music.
So much new music :swoon:

honestly there's so much of it that I'm hoping an OST gets released. Otherwise like... I'm gonna have to try and assemble it all together manually which. :stonklol:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

TeeQueue posted:

honestly there's so much of it that I'm hoping an OST gets released. Otherwise like... I'm gonna have to try and assemble it all together manually which. :stonklol:

There is a channel in yt that has all of it and I saw in some twitch stream chat (I think kaskozhuk) that someone was sharing a zip file of them so you could probably get them if you dig around the fandom.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

CHiRAL posted:

There is a channel in yt that has all of it and I saw in some twitch stream chat (I think kaskozhuk) that someone was sharing a zip file of them so you could probably get them if you dig around the fandom.

If my usual strategy of “bother Watson” doesn’t work then I’ll give that a shot, thanks.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you can unpack the files with unity assetstudio, it's real easy.

art realization bringing back the third movement bug(?), i love project moon

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 7, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Another day, another memory repositery abno pick. Any words on -57, thread? The alternative is -101.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

the new LoR boss is really cool, but gently caress that one note tone during the conductor sections, straight out of a volume-blowout trolling video. had to pull my headphones off twice, which is extra uncool when the new song playing is so rad...

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
57 is a good WAW Fortitude trainer with good equipment (1 each) and also cool as hell. They can help you suppress anomalies, but will breach after 3 breaches (Punishing Bird doesn't count), so make sure you can suppress them. If you have 58 in your facility, agents can only work one or the other and they shouldn't meet if they breach.

101's Qliphoth counter lowers on good results, with a low chance of lowering on normal, and increases on bad. They're bad for training for that reason. They have decent suits (3) and a cool weapon (3), but you can only get the weapon by suppressing them. Has a special attack that does massive white damage, so you need to be able to get your agents the gently caress out of the way. I had good luck placing them in Disciplinary, I could just withdraw everybody to the elevator.

Oh, and if you have 37, don't wear the suit when working them. It took me a while to understand that, I don't think it's mentioned anywhere.

So in summary, better training and easier to handle vs more WAW equipment.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Cloacamazing! posted:

57 is a good WAW Fortitude trainer with good equipment (1 each) and also cool as hell. They can help you suppress anomalies, but will breach after 3 breaches (Punishing Bird doesn't count), so make sure you can suppress them. If you have 58 in your facility, agents can only work one or the other and they shouldn't meet if they breach.

101's Qliphoth counter lowers on good results, with a low chance of lowering on normal, and increases on bad. They're bad for training for that reason. They have decent suits (3) and a cool weapon (3), but you can only get the weapon by suppressing them. Has a special attack that does massive white damage, so you need to be able to get your agents the gently caress out of the way. I had good luck placing them in Disciplinary, I could just withdraw everybody to the elevator.

So in summary, better training and easier to handle vs more WAW equipment.

It's my first pick for whatever department comes after Disciplinary/Welfare and it's a bit moot anyways since my game crashed in the meantime, but the advice is appreciated. Also,

Cloacamazing! posted:

Oh, and if you have 37, don't wear the suit when working them. It took me a while to understand that, I don't think it's mentioned anywhere.

I do have -37 and I already know what -101 is from the LP, does it melt Snow Queen's armor? Becasue if so it's hilarious.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
No, it's the other way around unfortunately.

Any employee wearing Firebird armor will just instantly die the second they enter Snow Queen's cell. As far as I can tell, it's the only instant death that's not mentioned anywhere in the game and it bugs the hell out of me.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Aumanor posted:

It's my first pick for whatever department comes after Disciplinary/Welfare and it's a bit moot anyways since my game crashed in the meantime, but the advice is appreciated. Also,

I do have -37 and I already know what -101 is from the LP, does it melt Snow Queen's armor? Becasue if so it's hilarious.

The bottom floor is a bit awkward for -101 because both departments consist entirely of the main chamber and a single long corridor, so anything with a charge attack is really hard to avoid.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

From the LoR Patchnotes today:

quote:

Adjusted the volume of certain sound effects of The Silent Orchestra.

Thanks, I guess I wasn't the only person who frantically tore off their headphones when that happened not once but twice during the fight. I get it's a reference to the same thing in LobCorp but geeze, it was strong enough to count as one of those trolling videos where the sound volume spikes a single tone tune in just the right way to cause physical pain, especially if you're using headphones.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
Hey does anyone know if in order to get the true ending do I have to have 100% dissolution before beating the game? I couldn't get the last one I need to spawn and im already at day 49 and id rather not do another day 1 reset and claw my way back to the endgame.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Once you beat the game, as soon as you get to 100% dissolution and go back to the menu, the epilogue/true ending will play. You don't have to day 1 reset till after you beat it.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
State of the facility for Day 36:

Control: One Sin, 1.76 MHz, Forsaken Murderer, YMBH (facility MVP)
Information: Punishing Bird, Old Lady, Freischutz, Mirror of Adjustment ( honestly didn't find it nearly as useful as advertised)
Training: Laetitia, Child of Galaxy, Little Prince, Backwards clock (I was so glad to finally have this deparment suppressed, can't think of worse three abnos to juggle)
Safety: All-Around Helper, Knight of Despair, Nothing There, Portrait of Another World (primary training department for the facility- a 3 Fort agent with Helper's armor, boosted to 100 with YMBH maxes out in 3 works with NT)
Central 1: The King of Greed, Crumbling Armor, Big and Will Be Bad Wolf, Shelter from the 27th of March
Central 2: Judgement Bird, CENSORED, Mountain of Smiling Bodies, Luminous Bracelet (Secondary training department)
Disciplinary: Burrowing Heaven, Army in Black, Parasite Tree, Notes from a Crazed Researcher
Welfare: The Snow Queen, el Llanto de la Luna, Blue Star, Theresia
Control: T-02-71

For reasons that should be obvious I've learnt to just let tool abnormalities melt.

Leftover gear and research from previous rewinds: Ppodae, Schadenfreude, Naked Nest (the last two combined is what caused me to rewind), Yin, Alriune (the second rewind)

All Upper and Middle Layer missions completed, all Uppper Layer Sephiroth suppressed.

The WAW mission for Gebura consisted mainly of bullying the Judgement Bird because meltdowns just wouldn't land on Heaven, and the Aleph one consisted of evacuating all workers from Central at the start of the day, half to Information and half to Disciplinary, calling in the Rabbits who would both release and suppress the Mountain, and as a lucky bonus, take care of 2 of Army's spawns, while the agents easily mopped up the other two. And it even saved me 20 execution bullets! The last suppression was taken care of by an agent with the Mountain's armor, Judgement Bird's sword, Child's maxed regen, Knight's blessing and Army's protection soloing CENSORED. Midnight was Green

48 agents on the roster, 45 maxed, 3 getting trained, running full 5-agent crews in all expanded departments.
Could really use some more gear, waay too many agent still running around with Teths, and way too many of the Waws I do have are weak to red.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 12, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Aumanor posted:

Could really use some more gear, waay too many agent still running around with Teths, and way too many of the Waws I do have are weak to red.

This right here is why I'm keeping to 3-per, myself. The good news is you're basically past the point where Red damage is the major issue-once we're dealing with WAW and ALEPH gear, Black resist becomes the most important as we turn an eye towards endgame. There's a lot of dangers in endgame that deal tons of Black damage.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
It might be just a playstyle mismatch, but did anyone else find the Star of the City receptions added this patch to be way easier than Liu II? Like even without the busted cards from the latter?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Titania/Nobody is 4 is translated and huh, an in-universe explanation for why you can't just throw high-level EGO on new agents.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

This week's Library update sure as hell made up for last week's in bullshit. Please stop loving with Ranged and Counter dice, Project Moon, I hate the new changes to both.

To think, a fight where Big Bird can just flat out instant kill your librarians until you both grok the extremely unclear gimmick and don't get hosed up by the adds messing up your ability to even pull it off isn't the worst abnormality they added this update. The Burrowing Heaven's fight is such garbage that is basically only beatable in one specific way and it's both janky and also flat out brutal with how counter dice work now.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
End of day 36, situation as outlined in the previous post, still expanding Extraction. How catastropic/ unbearably annoying would taking either -109 or -31 be? (3rd option is -15, I know what it does, I am NOT taking it, so it's either one of the two or retrying the day and hoping for a better roll).

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Oh both are tricky.

-31 breaches very easily and can do faculty-wide damage, but if you know what you're doing it's very easy to beat down when it does breach. It's suit combined with it's ego gift can render the agent immune to white damage, otherwise it's gear is meh.

-109 is just a pain in the rear end to work with and can easily cause a spiral if you don't babysit the agent working on it, it's suit is stronger on it's own and has an added effect with it's ego gear.

Frankly, if you don't feel like constantly babysitting one agent or dealing with constant breaches, you may actually want to grab -15.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
On the other hand, -31's gear looks really fashionable.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
So I've just started playing this after randomly stumbling on the LP (still catching up on reading it, I'm only up to the day 14 post), and I like the game so far but I've run into a weird thing that keeps happening, where I'll reset the day and lose a bunch of progress I definitely had at the start of that day - wiping out all the research info on one of my abnormalities and setting me back to a mission I'd completed the previous day. Is this just a normal way the game is supposed to work or a really annoying bug I've run into?

Also funny enough I've just hit the part in the LP where he says "don't get -04, it will murder you", immediately after having picked her in my own game :haw: and yes after having her around I can see where that advice is coming from (although I did learn that apparently clerk deaths count for her "if 3 people die before the meltdown period I won't start to freak out" thing so I've developed a strategy of just deliberately breaching some of my easier to suppress abnormalities and letting them go ham on clerks for a bit each cycle). I'm thinking I should just push on to day 20 to get the memory repository save and then do a first day restart, although annoyingly, -04's info is the one that keeps resetting (even though as I mentioned, I'd already unlocked it all the previous day. I already have someone wearing her EGO gear!). I probably need to restart anyway because the way my abnormalities have shaken out, I have an extremely unbalanced distribution of gear. I am swimming in black damage ego weapons and only have one white damage weapon beyond 100 sins.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 20, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Retrying a day loses all progress made on that day, and resets everything to the start of the day. Losing stuff you definitely had is a feature there.

Returning to MemRepo saves all of your progress on EGO made (and lost if you've had deaths)/abnormality progress/etc, but usually rewinds you much further than the start of that day-BUT if you have cleared a mission and not finished the day yet it won't stay cleared. You have to finish the day for missions to update and whatnot.

Also nice job hitting on one of the best ways to handle -04 in earlygame. I'd have probably taken her and done that myself with scarecrow, if not for the time it would take to do.

Best of luck to you, and remember that there's no shame in rerolling a facility that's proving too problematic, even if it's just to balance out your gear.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

TeeQueue posted:

Retrying a day loses all progress made on that day, and resets everything to the start of the day. Losing stuff you definitely had is a feature there.

Returning to MemRepo saves all of your progress on EGO made (and lost if you've had deaths)/abnormality progress/etc, but usually rewinds you much further than the start of that day-BUT if you have cleared a mission and not finished the day yet it won't stay cleared. You have to finish the day for missions to update and whatnot.

Also nice job hitting on one of the best ways to handle -04 in earlygame. I'd have probably taken her and done that myself with scarecrow, if not for the time it would take to do.

Best of luck to you, and remember that there's no shame in rerolling a facility that's proving too problematic, even if it's just to balance out your gear.

It's not that I'm losing stuff I did that day - that is what I expected. I mean like I'm rolling back to missions I'd already completed on a previous day. It keeps resetting me to the "suppress 4 abnormalities" mission when I reset the day, even though the mission I was actually on was the "End the day with 5 level 5 agents" (having to keep repeating the suppression mission is how I figured out that clerks count towards deaths for -04). Unrelated, I also picked up -85 specifically because your LP said how useless it is and yup, I see where you're coming from there. Incidentally -91 and -85 are a hilarious combo. I knew what would happen when I did it but I was not expecting it to be quite so fast

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 20, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

That... IS weird. I have no idea what would cause mission progress to actually rewind, unless there's some shenanigans going on with steam cloud saves.

First time I've ever heard of something like that, to be honest. :psyduck:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah it's confusing which is why I was thinking it was some sort of bug - I've reset lots of days before this point and never had it happen but once I got to that mission it seems to just not be able to remember anything I've done past it if I reset.... but the days counter is still advancing like normal, it's not like it's been dumping me back in time and just forgetting what day I'm on entirely.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah it's confusing which is why I was thinking it was some sort of bug - I've reset lots of days before this point and never had it happen but once I got to that mission it seems to just not be able to remember anything I've done past it if I reset.... but the days counter is still advancing like normal, it's not like it's been dumping me back in time and just forgetting what day I'm on entirely.

Just to clarify, you completed the mission, went to the next day, selected a reward, and then reset on a subsequent day and the mission came up as needing completion? And you lost the reward you had selected as well?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Narsham posted:

Just to clarify, you completed the mission, went to the next day, selected a reward, and then reset on a subsequent day and the mission came up as needing completion? And you lost the reward you had selected as well?

Yeah, it's rolling back the research I picked from it as well and also forgetting about the other mission I had from Safety (the "finish a day with max 3 people in each department" one). It's also completely wiping the info from -04, which again was also completed on a prior day and should have been saved, but it's not wiping out the ego equipment I got from her, so I have a weird situation of having her completely unresearched while also having an agent walking around using her ego weapon and armour.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Really looking forward to seeing you tackle Gebura Meltdown, TQ, phase 3 was frustrating to the point where I went "gently caress it", restarted the day for one last time and cheesed it with the shelter exploit. And it took for loving ever. Turns out most of my abnos are completely useless. I think Blue Star ended up doing 90+% of all damage becasue the rest were too busy fighting each other. Well, I was already planning on a rewind since I took -31. I still have a backup save so I might end up doing it as a challenge, I guess.

Speaking of the LP, are you planning on showing the pre-suppression scenes for Chesed and Gebura together? You spread out the three upper layer suppressions but these two are so connected in both the past and present sections I feel like a lot of impact would be lost by separating them

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 21, 2020

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I have made some mistakes in my abnormality choices, and now, I get a 2 for 1 on breaches : >

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Ahahahaha the new Library update... they are absolutely done loving around. (Full update spoilers within)

Chesed gets our first abnormalities from Wonderlab and it's a twofer of Scaredy Cat and the Road Home. A very long, tedious fight full of RNG and I kinda hate it. Gebura gets Mountain of Smiling Bodies and it is a brutal, brutal slog, but comes with an amazing remix of Third Warning. Aaand we get our first Tier 2 Star of the City fight and... oh dear loving god, who thought fighting three superbosses with Shimmering at the same time was a good idea. Kinda expect a nerf to this one.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Aumanor posted:

Really looking forward to seeing you tackle Gebura Meltdown, TQ, phase 3 was frustrating to the point where I went "gently caress it", restarted the day for one last time and cheesed it with the shelter exploit. And it took for loving ever. Turns out most of my abnos are completely useless. I think Blue Star ended up doing 90+% of all damage becasue the rest were too busy fighting each other. Well, I was already planning on a rewind since I took -31. I still have a backup save so I might end up doing it as a challenge, I guess.

Speaking of the LP, are you planning on showing the pre-suppression scenes for Chesed and Gebura together? You spread out the three upper layer suppressions but these two are so connected in both the past and present sections I feel like a lot of impact would be lost by separating them

When you asked, I was less than 24 hours from being done so I opted to :justpost: instead.

You're right tho, they NEEDED to be together.

As for the Gebura meltdown, Phase 3 is actually independently cheesable. Stick someone with Sound of a Star or another Very Long weapon on the far side of the room she's in and they'll outrange her two main attacks, you only have to worry about the spear at that point (50/50 chance of being aimed correctly each shot, not likely to kill). If she's in a smaller main room, wait for her to be on one far end or another before having them go in tho. Her AI only checks if someone's in the room before launching justita/smile, it doesn't actually check to make sure they're in range. :iia:

I'll be showing that one off in the refights.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Question about the painting: I don't really use it but I have had a few situations where it seems like it could be useful but it depends a lot on the specific mechanics of how the damage transfer works. When it sends the damage to the paired agent, is it reduced based on the original target's suit, or the person who actually receives the damage, or not reduced at all? Also, when it comes to stuff like SP damage from fear, is that also transferred by the painting, or will it hit the agent like normal?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TeeQueue for your latest post in the LP (about sexual assault and violence not being used by the setting) I can think of exactly one place the subject might be implied Censored while breaching does something, traumatic and fatal, to employees that creates baby censored.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 23, 2020

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010
I figured that was just an Alien chestburster scenario.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

When you asked, I was less than 24 hours from being done so I opted to :justpost: instead.

You're right tho, they NEEDED to be together.

As for the Gebura meltdown, Phase 3 is actually independently cheesable. Stick someone with Sound of a Star or another Very Long weapon on the far side of the room she's in and they'll outrange her two main attacks, you only have to worry about the spear at that point (50/50 chance of being aimed correctly each shot, not likely to kill). If she's in a smaller main room, wait for her to be on one far end or another before having them go in tho. Her AI only checks if someone's in the room before launching justita/smile, it doesn't actually check to make sure they're in range. :iia:

I'll be showing that one off in the refights.

Thanks for the advice, Very Long range Waws made short work of her phase 3. Following up on that, I have another question: how exactly do you deal with her hunt attack in phase 4?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Aumanor posted:

Thanks for the advice, Very Long range Waws made short work of her phase 3. Following up on that, I have another question: how exactly do you deal with her hunt attack in phase 4?

Stick everyone except the one guy who knocks out the last sliver of health as far away as possible and pray she doesn't target the loner, use slowdown bullets to keep her from catching up (they last ~10-15 seconds and her dash lasts 20, so you'll need two), then drop the rabbit squad on her the second her attack ends. If you don't want to use the rabbits, she stays down for about as long as she rushes so two-three dogpiles can usually take her down if you have decent weapons, but if she uses her hunt attack again after getting back up you're going to have a hard time getting away.

If you're running out of bullets early on, keep in mind until the last phase she never leaves her current room until taking enough damage so it's safe to farm easy works to trigger a meltdown and refill your counter.