Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Woofer posted:

taking a break from the forums. probably gonna go join the protesters in DC.

stay safe everyone. godspeed.

Good luck. Make sure Monty has someone to check in on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Woofer posted:

Be safe and know your rights

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Woofer posted:

Be safe, please gear up, and write your lawyers name and the bail funds name on your arm.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I got off the phone with a buddy yesterday. He suffered a break. When I got off the phone I was in tears. Just telling the wife how he felt made her burst into tears.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Woofer posted:

Monty is going to be awfully scared and alone when you wind up in 72 hours of lock up or in a hospital from police or military brutality. They’re sending AD army troops to D.C.

You literally can make no difference what so ever by getting your rear end pepper sprayed and beat with a baton.

But you can make sure Monty feels safe and happy and loved.

My vote is you stay home with Monty, and find ways to help online. I don’t doubt you can handle yourself, but think of Monty.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I'm out for a bit I think.

Stay safe, stay healthy, check in with your buddies.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Monty is going to be awfully scared and alone when you wind up in 72 hours of lock up or in a hospital from police or military brutality. They’re sending AD army troops to D.C.

You literally can make no difference what so ever by getting your rear end pepper sprayed and beat with a baton.

But you can make sure Monty feels safe and happy and loved.

My vote is you stay home with Monty, and find ways to help online. I don’t doubt you can handle yourself, but think of Monty.

Incorrect. One person of a group goes and tells their family and friends what is happening for real and it softens the hate.

There police are beating front liners but they have always best protesters.

No one should stay home. We're already being sacrificed to capitalism and fascism as we speak, as towns across America open up.

I stand for truth. I cannot stand by idly and neither should any of us.

Y'all were warriors at some point.

Teach these kids how to be mentally tough, how to organize, how to survive.

Do not let this movement be controlled by the media and trolls.

But if your can't bring yourself to do that, get involved online. There are people that need help spreading information, they need help organizing legal resources.

poo poo some people just need babysitting.

You don't have to be in the streets to help, but we need all the help we can muster.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 2, 2020

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
McNally, thanks for looking out dude.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Goodnight y'all. I'm gonna take this videos advice and put my phone away again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Wcu6aGyz8

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Anyone have an invite? Could use some people to talk to.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Bored As gently caress posted:

Anyone have an invite? Could use some people to talk to.

dude I wish I had it to pass on, I gots the PM's if you really need someone right now.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Is there a specific discord get help channel?

Just for future reference

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Syrian Lannister posted:

Is there a specific discord get help channel?

Just for future reference

GiP discord has a VFW channel.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

ElMaligno posted:

GiP discord has a VFW channel.

Cool thanks.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Hey, gang: this is a friendly reminder to come up on the net if you're hurting or in a bad place. Please reach out to someone, anyone. Please say anything, even if it's just to blurt out, "Hey, things aren't great."

A dude who I didn't know very well but had been in my unit very recently re-created his Facebook account, added a bunch of us, and... then just ended it all. Could we have done something if we'd known? Yeah, probably. That's what we do.

Please help us help you. You matter. There's no shame in asking for help or just wanting to talk to someone.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 5, 2020

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Naked Bear posted:

Hey, gang: this is a friendly reminder to come up on the net if you're hurting or in a bad place. Please reach out to someone, anyone. Please say anything, even if it's just to blurt out, "Hey, things aren't great."

A dude who I didn't know very well but had been in my unit very recently re-created his Facebook account, added a bunch of us, and... then just ended it all. Could we have done something if we'd known? Yeah, probably. That's what we do.

Please help us help you. You matter. There's no shame in asking for help or just wanting to talk to someone.

REALLY sorry about that man.Don't beat yourself up about it, we can't be everywhere and know everything.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Just needed somewhere to post for right now. I was in the GIP discord but left after a particularly bad day on Zoloft. My psych is having me come off the med because she said it was an "activator" for me. I was having bad times before, but this poo poo has set me back years therapy wise/mental health wise. I truly believe I would have killed myself if I had continued to take it/had access to a gun or some means of suicide that was quick and didn't require much thought. For anyone who knows me, if you thought I was having a bad time before: it's way, way worse now. It's been getting better as the medicine washes out of my system but I don't think I'll even be half as stable as I was before; and I wasn't that stable to begin with. Just feel completely defeated from the whole experience.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

come back on discord dude

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Ziji It is good Dude or Dudette We are here for you!

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Ziji please respond I am going to swing in my hammock you could set up a hammock

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

come back on discord dude

If someone can invite me I will

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Ziji posted:

If someone can invite me I will

Got you. Check your PMs.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

Wroughtirony posted:

Got you. Check your PMs.

Thanks

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Bumping this thread to remind people to perform self care

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Getting hobbies and chores done is starting to help, with the change in meds recently.

Still feel waves of guilt being so privileged having a home and poo poo while the world burns. I worked for it all but... Just feels bad knowing someone isn't so lucky and I'm worried about "spoons" and poo poo.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Wasabi the J posted:

Getting hobbies and chores done is starting to help, with the change in meds recently.

Still feel waves of guilt being so privileged having a home and poo poo while the world burns. I worked for it all but... Just feels bad knowing someone isn't so lucky and I'm worried about "spoons" and poo poo.

Many of use are going through the same thing. Hang in there buddy.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
I'm in a nursing program and need to sit in on a peer support group as a part of the program. I was hoping to find something vet oriented but I haven't had much luck finding official peer support groups of any kind.

Does anyone here know of a peer support group that may be willing to let a nursing student observe a session?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
If there is a Vet Center near you, they would be a good place to start. Don't know if they'd let you sit in, but at the very least they might know of where to point you.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

DaNerd posted:

I'm in a nursing program and need to sit in on a peer support group as a part of the program. I was hoping to find something vet oriented but I haven't had much luck finding official peer support groups of any kind.

Does anyone here know of a peer support group that may be willing to let a nursing student observe a session?

What part of the country are you in, and what type of Peer Support? Formally organized, part of a larger organization or more informal?

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
I'm in NYC. I believe it needs to be a formal group of some kind, but depending on the specifics I could ask my professor and they might let it fly. If it's organized by someone with a license it would probably be fine, if it's some folks meeting up at Dave's it might be a hard sell.

I'm planning on calling the nearby Vet Centers today or tomorrow, I appreciate the link. Poking around the VFW and VA websites just kept leading me to hotlines.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
gently caress this dead gay country. I'm fine.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 8, 2020

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 8, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Today has got me very manic. I’m all over the place. I’m fine, but I want to just remind everyone to check on your peeps. It’s stressful out there.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Just here to vent; no plans on self harm or harming others.

In the past two weeks, my mom was told she has 12 months left, at best, due to her bad heart. Her defib went off again today and she is being stubborn about it. She's too old for a transplant, and implanting a cardiac pump might extend her another three to five years; if she makes it through the surgery.

My ex-wife, actually her attorney, 'didn't like how the divorce went', and tried reopening a bunch of stuff. Nevermind that this was finalized four years ago.

My ex-wife, (again) was exposed to covid at work, and tested positive. Currently not showing any symptoms, but with it possibly being transmitted to my kids, I miss out on Thanksgiving with them.

My younger brother tested positive for covid, and is fighting with the loss of taste and fever, sweating, and chills.

My other brother has gone off on his meds, again, stressing out my parents.

Plus side, I hit four years sobriety on the 9th.

This loving sucks.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Just here to vent; no plans on self harm or harming others.

In the past two weeks, my mom was told she has 12 months left, at best, due to her bad heart. Her defib went off again today and she is being stubborn about it. She's too old for a transplant, and implanting a cardiac pump might extend her another three to five years; if she makes it through the surgery.

My ex-wife, actually her attorney, 'didn't like how the divorce went', and tried reopening a bunch of stuff. Nevermind that this was finalized four years ago.

My ex-wife, (again) was exposed to covid at work, and tested positive. Currently not showing any symptoms, but with it possibly being transmitted to my kids, I miss out on Thanksgiving with them.

My younger brother tested positive for covid, and is fighting with the loss of taste and fever, sweating, and chills.

My other brother has gone off on his meds, again, stressing out my parents.

Plus side, I hit four years sobriety on the 9th.

This loving sucks.

Congrats on sobriety?

Honestly, I know the x amount of time left thing sucks. Hit me (or a more active person) up if you need anything.

Edit: That may have come across poorly. You freaked me out, the get help thread has been quiet lately and I was spooked.

Seriously, hit me up via PM if needed, I log on pretty regularly.

ASAPI fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 23, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I'm just gonna kind of vent about 2020 a little bit since we are almost in the last year of the year (no typos in that sentence; i expect december to last as long as january through november did).

I had so many loving plans. I still have tix to a few concerts that I was going to go to. In January and February, I was getting out of my apartment every single weekend, staying out all day taking pictures. I was making friends. I was hanging out with people. I was actually building relationships -- which my life has lacked since 2012. I haven't had friends in a long, long time (mostly by choice at first, but carried by crippling depression, low self esteem, and as a result social anxiety). I even went on the first date I had been on in years. YEARS!!!!!

Last Christmas I was by myself. I made the promise to myself to not spend Christmas 2020 alone. Typing that sentence made me burst into tears. I'm so loving lonely. But for the first time since I tried to kill myself, I was doing something about it. And then the goddamn rug had to get pulled out from under me -- from under all of us. And our dipshit president just made it worse. WE COULD HAVE BEEN FINE BY THE SUMMER AND I COULD'VE DONE EVERYTHING I loving PLANNED TO DO!!!!

I spent Thanksgiving alone and slept for most of the day because of how depressed I was.

I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Woofer posted:

I'm just gonna kind of vent about 2020 a little bit since we are almost in the last year of the year (no typos in that sentence; i expect december to last as long as january through november did).

I had so many loving plans. I still have tix to a few concerts that I was going to go to. In January and February, I was getting out of my apartment every single weekend, staying out all day taking pictures. I was making friends. I was hanging out with people. I was actually building relationships -- which my life has lacked since 2012. I haven't had friends in a long, long time (mostly by choice at first, but carried by crippling depression, low self esteem, and as a result social anxiety). I even went on the first date I had been on in years. YEARS!!!!!

Last Christmas I was by myself. I made the promise to myself to not spend Christmas 2020 alone. Typing that sentence made me burst into tears. I'm so loving lonely. But for the first time since I tried to kill myself, I was doing something about it. And then the goddamn rug had to get pulled out from under me -- from under all of us. And our dipshit president just made it worse. WE COULD HAVE BEEN FINE BY THE SUMMER AND I COULD'VE DONE EVERYTHING I loving PLANNED TO DO!!!!

I spent Thanksgiving alone and slept for most of the day because of how depressed I was.

I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday. I don't want to be lonely for another loving holiday.

You are not alone in being alone. I spent 2019 New Years Eve alone in a hotel. I spent my birthday in ROM. I extended my stay on my ship so I wouldn't spend the holidays in ROM again.

At least you got Monty. I can't really hug anyone on this dumb ship unless they are leaving. Human or pet contact would be nice.
Hang in there dude. 2021 is right around the corner.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

You can call your wife and kids though. That’s not alone. That’s just being by yourself.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I can't imagine life alone anymore and I'm so sorry.

I can understand plans falling apart, and life feels like punishment sometimes; but i keep going and every day can change your life if you let it.

But seriously, despite any slap fights and drama, I like most of y'all and I wish I could do more to be a good buddy to y'all since this place is essentially my VFW.

I feel like I could do more to make this poo poo a bit more of a "real place" for y'all and myself, because when I was isolated and depressed, internet refuges were real enough to me to get me through the worst days, but I had wished there were more positive peeps and personal connections, so I hope that I could I some way bring that to the table for the folks that want it.

I hope I can start a discussion with y'all about it because my own anxieties are alleviated most by making something happen, but being super ADHD, coming up with a realistic plan is not always my strong suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

If it makes you feel any better I would gladly let you spend the holidays with my gf and her kids while I do anything else that involves not being trapped in this poo poo show.

Literally would rather die, alone, homeless in a loving snow bank after having walked from Florida to where ever its cold enough to have one.