Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

oh the chiefs signed stefen wisniewski again. cool. hope he's still got something in the tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Sorry raiders, you just got Mahome'd

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
LMAO and Sorensen'd

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

This, but with football:
https://twitter.com/dril/status/568056615355740160?lang=en

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Patrick Mahomes is INSANE.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Patrick Mahomes is INSANE.
Quickly taking the role of the next generation Peyton Manning.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Sorry Raiders fans. I know the feeling.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It's crazy. It feels like Chiefs were just sitting with them the whole game only to soul crush at the end

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SalTheBard posted:

It's crazy. It feels like Chiefs were just sitting with them the whole game only to soul crush at the end

I mean the Chiefs defense has no real excuse, they just got beat like a drum almost the whole game.

Moral victories are a bullshit concept of course, but the Raiders really did play their asses off considering everything that was going on over there this week.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Raiders have been stacking drafts and FA to specifically beat KC, so not a surprise they finally are matching up pretty well.

With that said, the DL is a giant mess right now.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

it seemed like juan thornhill barely played. what's going on there?

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Doctor Teeth posted:

https://twitter.com/todpalmer/status/1330734986350133249?s=20

He looked like he was finally getting up to speed before the bye, after a slow start. Maybe his knee was giving him trouble. Felt like Spagnuolo wanted a more physical presence on defence with Sorensen and Gay seeing more snaps too.

Also, I sincerely hope that the Chiefs spend their first 4 picks on both of their lines in the draft next year. OL is pretty obvious, but the lack of pass rush without blitzing is starting to get really frustrating.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doctor Teeth posted:

According to Teicher Andy said something like 'he's more of a situational guy right now' in the postgame. I don't get it either, maybe he's making mistakes that show up on film but not as much as Sorensen's mistakes do to people like us just watching the games?

e: oh it was Mellinger

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1330727454370131969

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/FanSided/status/1330649986363604993
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1330631063748620288

i love my qb

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

This one makes me want to watch the Chargers.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
How in the world do you confuse Keenan Allen for Lamar Jackson

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Better Than You posted:

How in the world do you confuse Keenan Allen for Lamar Jackson

Lamar Jackson is the Jets corner

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Derek Carr is good

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

Sorry Raiders fans. I know the feeling.

that loving avatar is perfect

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Derek Carr is good

and he has an awesome Kubrick stare

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

"Holy poo poo what a DART"

-me to nobody in my living room when I saw this live

edit:

Kevino07 posted:

https://twitter.com/todpalmer/status/1330734986350133249?s=20

Also, I sincerely hope that the Chiefs spend their first 4 picks on both of their lines in the draft next year. OL is pretty obvious, but the lack of pass rush without blitzing is starting to get really frustrating.

Chiefs have Niang, Dr. LDT, and Schwarz will be healthy. They also have been banged up on the DL a lot this year. They should use their first rounder on a WR honestly. Second on a LB. Then you can start working on the line.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 24, 2020

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I would probably go DE, WR in no specific order and get another LB and a Tight End at some point. Rest doesn't really matter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just really want DeVonta Smith to fall to us in the first. If not take Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston in the second.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

I just really want DeVonta Smith to fall to us in the first. If not take Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston in the second.

He won’t make it passed Miamis original 1st, unless we go wild and draft a top ten WR with Houston’s pick

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 24, 2020

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

kiimo posted:

Chiefs have Niang, Dr. LDT, and Schwarz will be healthy. They also have been banged up on the DL a lot this year. They should use their first rounder on a WR honestly. Second on a LB. Then you can start working on the line.

I wouldn't hate drafting a stud WR (especially seeing as Watkins and Robinson will likely be gone next year), LB or DB in the first 2 rounds tbf.

Still think it's important to invest some draft capital on the OL. Fisher and Schwarz are both over 30 and have their contract years next year (and back injuries can be killers for tackles). Reiter is a free agent at the end of the year too, and certainly feels like a decent candidate to upgrade. Ideally Rankin shows some form now he's back.

Would still love another Edge Rusher to take some pressure off Clark and Jones though.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think they can manage to keep Sammy if the cap loss from 2020 is spread out over multiple years. Don't think a lot of teams are going to pay high for a WR that misses at least half of every season.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Derek Carr is good

Patrick Mahomes is a lot better

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

thinking of those "the line hates blocking for him" stories that "leaked" about carr several years ago, watching the protection he had on snf and chuckling to myself

no i will not look up exactly when those stories leaked/if it's the same linemen

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Doctor Teeth posted:

thinking of those "the line hates blocking for him" stories that "leaked" about carr several years ago, watching the protection he had on snf and chuckling to myself

no i will not look up exactly when those stories leaked/if it's the same linemen
Pretty sure that was the season that Del Rio switched OCs and the offense tanked (and came out later that he threw Carr under the bus all season), the story was related to the kneeling. Basically sounded like a BS story to explain the offense just sucking and dropping off that year. Looking it up, hey there's a whole Snopes article about it!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/oakland-raiders-players-punish-derek-carr-standing-national-anthem/

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Fat Jesus posted:

Patrick Mahomes is a lot better

Well yeah, Mahomes can do a lot of things Carr can't do. I don't think anyone is saying Carr is straight up better than Mahomes

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
mahomes is a system qb and a fraud

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Herbie

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

acidx posted:

mahomes is a system qb and a fraud

Tom Brady comparisons are appropriate imo

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

So uh…

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1332822325520175109

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

This is going to be a poo poo show one way or another.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Taysom Hill named "all-time QB"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Broncos emergency QB is Royce Freeman btw

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Nah they're gonna start a practice squad wide receiver instead.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Nah they're gonna start a practice squad wide receiver instead.

Who hasn't really played a significant number of snaps at QB since 2015 because he wasn't good enough to do it at Wake Forest.

Whew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MJBuddy posted:

This is going to be a poo poo show one way or another.
It's gonna own