Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Skarsnik posted:

Eurosport is currently 19.99 for any uk goons

https://promo.eurosport.com/promo/a...o2IVzKD_7EEMwHQ

Ta for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Assos is stepping up as the main sponsor for NTT. Nice to see, NTT aren't a good team but losing teams right now is Bad.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Assos is stepping up as the main sponsor for NTT. Nice to see, NTT aren't a good team but losing teams right now is Bad.

They've also lost a bunch of riders that had options too so will probably be even more bad. Rumours they are going to try and sign aru which i think is a terrible idea, no way can they compete for GT's.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Rumours they are going to try and sign aru which i think is a terrible idea, no way can they compete for GT's.

Neither can Aru so that works out great

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They should just call up a bunch of Cat 1 riders from Africa and see what happens.

Theres literally no downside to that and massive marketing appeal.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Aru seems like a real dead end option. Might as well hire Cav.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If you can get Aru for cheap it isn't crazy, just as a high upside signing in case he manages to find his form again.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Aru still has the legs that won a Grand Tour, its just his head has completely gone.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TobinHatesYou posted:

DCRainmaker's take

"Well, the definition of ‘now’ is probably important here. After all, nobody knew about this in public until Caley’s article. According to Zwift though, Caley was in turn tipped off to the details by someone in the Zwift community (probably another racer). But also according to Zwift, the details of these have apparently been published for a while."

Fun fact: I am (probably another racer)

Another fun fact: There is virtual sock height enforcement in the Pro-Am invitational Zwift races.

One of the riders in question has now openly admitted that the 2nd file was doctored by a 'friend who didn't know the severity of merging files'.

https://www.velonews.com/news/banne...63-ac0aa82ed49e

Should have taken the 1 race DQ because now you're never going to lose the stigma of cheating.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Waiting for the friend to explain the 3W power delta. It was my friend’s script is the new it was my friend’s ebike.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

serious gaylord posted:

One of the riders in question has now openly admitted that the 2nd file was doctored by a 'friend who didn't know the severity of merging files'.

https://www.velonews.com/news/banne...63-ac0aa82ed49e

Should have taken the 1 race DQ because now you're never going to lose the stigma of cheating.

Yeah ignorance being used as an excuse. I don't know how "Can you help recover the file?" turns into her friend taking the Zwift file and punching it through fitfiletools.com with a 1% multiplier. Ultimately the responsibility is hers to provide the data as requested.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/FabioJakobsen/status/1331254705259950080?s=19

:unsmith:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That was quick.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He looks good. I am glad for him. Plastic surgeons can do some pretty amazing things if they're given enough to work with.

He's still waiting for the implanted/grafted jaw they built him to heal up enough that they can screw some teeth into it, and for his pelvis to heal properly from the bone harvesting.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Everything you just posted made me wince.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/heneryy/status/1333158093220352001

Im sure its just ibuprofen.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Took me 5 times through to work out what I was meant to be seeing. That looks dodgy as hell. No idea what it could actually be though.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

It's Remco's ketones.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
I still don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at. He'd be a turbo idiot if he doped up for a CX season he doesn't care about any more after the road season he does care about is already over though. :shrug:

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Something is being exchanged via hands. It just looks shady. It could be a personal keepsake. Or it could be a ped or bodily fluid who knows.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I don't imagine he's getting passed some PED as he's walking to doping control and they literally watch you get your cock out to piss so I imagine it's something innocuous but it sure looks shady as hell even if it's just his phone or something

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I mean, what could they possibly be handing him that would make a difference related to doping control? It’s obviously something very small so they can’t be handing him a bag of piss. Can’t imagine they’d have any sort of masking agent that would somehow work that fast that they wouldn’t have already gave him at literally any point before he’s walking in to piss.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Wasn’t it Hamilton who said there was a powder you could have on your fingers that would contaminate the sample to render it untestable? Maybe something you’d want to keep dry and not in a plastic baggy. Like I’m sure there’s some such agent that could gently caress with testing, but impossible to speculate from just that video. Can’t wait for the jar of sugar explanation though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's the untraceable gold they use to bribe the testing officer.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Did Sunweb got a deal on a job lot of redundant Sky gear

https://twitter.com/TeamSunweb/status/1334820997657030656?s=20

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I'm pretty sure if you starting pissing on your fingers instead of directly into the cup they are going to know something's up.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

I'm pretty sure if you starting pissing on your fingers instead of directly into the cup they are going to know something's up.

They'll think you're into some pretty kinky stuff for a start

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Give them a long explanation about how you need to give your urethra a little tickle to get the flow going after a long day in the saddle.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

IIRC, the anecdote said just a bit was necessary to destroy the sample.
And it didn't go into this level of detail, but I think you could just do that maneuver when pulling your hog out of your bib, Rudy style.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Someone suggested it was a disposable mask, but that makes too much sense.

It's probably his good luck charm; a photo of his biggest fan, me.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Quickstep have signed Cavendish.

https://twitter.com/MarkCavendish/status/1335147297861218305

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I definitely did not expect that, unless they think he really does have enough left in the tank to go for the Merckx record

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

probably on a fairly cheap but bonus heavy contract, like they did with gilbert. bennett will go to le tour, no? so i don't think the stage record is realistic.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Maybe, but in a team like that you're not carrying any deadweight for name value so they must think he can do some kind of job. Doesn't matter if he's cheap if he's toast and eating up a slot that could be filled by a rider that would actually do something for the team.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Maybe he's a rider/coach for Bennett?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Trying to teach Bennett to ride like Cav would seem like a bad plan, his style was pretty personal. I don't know if he would be a good coach.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
If Bennett could be half as good at positioning as Cav was he'd be phenomenal with that power tbf.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I suppose he could coach reading the bunch and deciding when to launch. The mental, sprint-theory side of things.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
“How Not to Crash Going Uphill 101”

by Prof. M. Cavendish MBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"How to do a sick rear end endo over a traffic divider before the Poggio"