Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gumball Gumption posted:

Sandwolf, would you prefer people be eligible for lights out tomorrow or keep the day going and have them actually post?

these are just two ways of picking the same option, what are you getting at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

these are just two ways of picking the same option, what are you getting at

I want to know if the person who I most think is town wants the day to end early or not.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gumball Gumption posted:

I want to know if the person who I most think is town wants the day to end early or not.

but both options you gave require it to not end early

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gumball Gumption posted:

yes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't get why this matters?

The person he wants dead most seems to be you. If we do it now or do it later it it's not changing the outcome of that. What difference does it make if we can blindly kill people tomorrow or have to kill them the normal way?

From my point of view I would rather people had already be posting and it didn't even matter. I don't particularly love lights out killing people late in the game, especially when its just a pool of lurkers that its hard to even have a read on.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't get why this matters?

The person he wants dead most seems to be you. If we do it now or do it later it it's not changing the outcome of that. What difference does it make if we can blindly kill people tomorrow or have to kill them the normal way?

From my point of view I would rather people had already be posting and it didn't even matter. I don't particularly love lights out killing people late in the game, especially when its just a pool of lurkers that its hard to even have a read on.

It mostly matters because I don't know a whole lot about how the lights out execution works so I want Sandwolf's opinion on what benefits town more.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lunching scum. posting. two things that have been very scarce this game.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

"I want the person I think is towniest's opinion" is scum 101 ##vote GG

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Any objections to a hammer?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

if I get killed tonight, you need to be extremely cautious of whoever comes in and starts talking up a storm. Most of you seem to have a somewhat townie read on me, so be weary of the people who start talking a lot in my absence.

If GG is scum -> you need to look at Hawke, then DGK, then IcePhoenix

If GG isn't scum -> you should probably look at Keane or Hal or SNG

(this is all just incase I get NKed)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

if GG isn't scum you should look at taste again, but I am VERY TENTATIVELY thinking taste *may* be town

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Sorry, wrapping up work stuff and on lunch.

My shifting opinion on taste had less to do with them lurking and more so with them being able to hide behind troll-esque posts and survive without drawing heat.

I dont know why we are voting gg

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sandwolf posted:

if I get killed tonight, you need to be extremely cautious of whoever comes in and starts talking up a storm. Most of you seem to have a somewhat townie read on me, so be weary of the people who start talking a lot in my absence.

If GG is scum -> you need to look at Hawke, then DGK, then IcePhoenix

If GG isn't scum -> you should probably look at Keane or Hal or SNG

(this is all just incase I get NKed)

If GG and/or Steak flip scum Keane should absolutely be on your possible scum list, he's completely avoided voting for either of them despite being around.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

IcePhoenix posted:

If GG and/or Steak flip scum Keane should absolutely be on your possible scum list, he's completely avoided voting for either of them despite being around.

Well now I'm not going to.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sure, "now"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

if GG isn't scum you should look at taste again, but I am VERY TENTATIVELY thinking taste *may* be town

Than maybe look at Taste again because I'm still not scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gumball Gumption posted:

Than maybe look at Taste again because I'm still not scum.

great, then when you flip town and hopefully scum kill me the rest of the game can figure it the gently caress out

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IcePhoenix posted:

this is valid, but he'd be after you IcePhoenix, who was part of the early "hey rhjamiz is the lunch for the day!"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Hey guys, I'm back, sorry for disappearing once more. Had to drag myself out of the sadbrain quagmire yet again.

I'm here to vote but I want to reread the relevant people first.

Also isn't there like an entire day left in the deadline?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sandwolf posted:

this is valid, but he'd be after you IcePhoenix, who was part of the early "hey rhjamiz is the lunch for the day!"

I'm sorry that I found a scummy poster scummy until he made good posts

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Tonight I'm gonna vig a lurker, and I think I've decided who already

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm sorry that I found a scummy poster scummy until he made good posts

this isn't a persuasive comeback, this reads like "leave me alone, I played that technically fine"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

this isn't a persuasive comeback, this reads like "leave me alone, I played that technically fine"

I'm going to be so mad if you're not town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm going to be so mad if you're not town.

well take solace, I am bad, but I am not scum

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Erg, GG's post history is like 95% callouts on posts with like, nearly none of their own thoughts.

Would vote but not going to hammer yet.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

sandwolf I wish you didn't have so many posts, I flinch every time I think about rereading you

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Erg, GG's post history is like 95% callouts on posts with like, nearly none of their own thoughts.

Would vote but not going to hammer yet.

whatcha thinking Yami

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

sandwolf I wish you didn't have so many posts, I flinch every time I think about rereading you

I know it sounds insane but you really should just trust I'm town at this point

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

well take solace, I am bad, but I am not scum

I'm still gonna be mad, won't I?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

Tonight I'm gonna vig a lurker, and I think I've decided who already

Yourself :twisted:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm still gonna be mad, won't I?

depends if *you're* scum

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

whatcha thinking Yami

First instinct is lazy scum but I do want to try and get this one right (as much as I'm tempted to just hammer and end my misery) so I'm going to look at some other assorted people too.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

First instinct is lazy scum but I do want to try and get this one right (as much as I'm tempted to just hammer and end my misery) so I'm going to look at some other assorted people too.

That’s fine, take your time

##unvote just to prevent any shenanigans

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Real strange how this lynch is consistently resisting closure

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'd like to hear what you have to say but I almost feel like we have to lunch GG out of necessity at this point, we can't let him not get lunched like this again

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I'd like to hear what you have to say but I almost feel like we have to lunch GG out of necessity at this point, we can't let him not get lunched like this again

My first instinct is that it happened too fast which is making me worry a bit.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Being at -1 more than a day before deadline is a bit unusual.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

This feels like you know I'm not scum. Convince people I'm scum instead of convincing them that there is invisible pressure to hurry up.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gumball Gumption posted:

This feels like you know I'm not scum. Convince people I'm scum instead of convincing them that there is invisible pressure to hurry up.

I don't know you're scum, but you've almost been lunched now two days in a row, if you're town why wouldn't scum just let it happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

My first instinct is that it happened too fast which is making me worry a bit.

I understand where you are coming from this, but that's a knot of WIFOM to make GG town