Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Tanaka is going to get screwed in this FA market. Doubt he even gets 10 per.

It's hard to say what the first few signings mean for the market. Morton and Smyly got about twice as much money as MLBTR predicted, and Gausman got a QO which no one expected. Seems like teams are willing to spend on short term deals, but we'll see if they're as willing to give out longer term contracts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Dusty's team once again blew up in the postseason, and in the same year Mark Prior got a ring. All is right with the world.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Pussy Boss posted:

It's hard to say what the first few signings mean for the market. Morton and Smyly got about twice as much money as MLBTR predicted, and Gausman got a QO which no one expected. Seems like teams are willing to spend on short term deals, but we'll see if they're as willing to give out longer term contracts.
I'm thinking no on the guys who aren't top tier because we are in a CBA negotiation year and also the pandemic is making teams more reluctant to spend because we don't know if fans will even be able to attend games in April.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/_beewilly/status/1331294144728330246

Randy Ricebowl noooooo

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/Beisbolpuro/status/1331283728920940551

quote:

Major league baseball player Randy Arozarena was arrested for trying to abduct his young daughter, whom he took from her home in the El Porvenir neighborhood.

The international player, who recently got re-married, came to the house under the pretext of bringing gifts for his daughter, the result of a previous marriage.

However, he abducted her and confronted his ex-wife and his ex-father-in-law, whom he beat.

The shouting that ensued attracted the attention of the neighbors, who came to support the girl's mother, and managed to block the player's way at a traffic light.

:stare:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wtf randy

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'm in wait and see mode on this one. Sounds bad but no use taking the initial report as gospel

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Unless the report is exactly wrong it's pretty damning to have neighbors block you in so you can't escape with your intended kidnapping victim

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Gotta hear both sides

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
That story made me wonder what Ugueth Urbina is up to and apparently he was released from prison 8 years ago. :stare:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

This sounds to be a custody dispute and those are always wild in some fashion

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Sooo... if the biopic canceled or is the tone just changing?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Holy loving poo poo

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Randy
Abducts
Neighbors
Delay
Yikes

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

So do we get a taco again for this or what?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

GoatSeeGuy posted:

your taco was provided by one Markus Lynn Betts, a man who's never been implicated in any kidnapping scheme

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

bawfuls posted:

your taco was provided by one Markus Lynn Betts, a man who's never been implicated in any kidnapping scheme

I think the Washington Generals are going to accuse him of kidnapping some basketballs from between their legs soon

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Randy nooooo

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This sounds to be a custody dispute and those are always wild in some fashion

This is my assumption as well. I hope the kid stays safe.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

That story made me wonder what Ugueth Urbina is up to and apparently he was released from prison 8 years ago. :stare:

Still developing that cutter.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

General Bullshit posted:

Still developing that cutter.

But can he still bring the heat?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What a great offseason :suicide:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

But can he still bring the heat?
:discourse:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

bawfuls posted:

If Mookie weren’t an all-time baseball name it’d be fun to call him “MLB”.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

word is his parents named him intentionally to give him those initials

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Luigi Thirty posted:

What a great offseason :suicide:

For fans of most teams this may be as good as it gets.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

GoatSeeGuy posted:

I think that's only on a successful steal

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1331293905900408833

- there's like 10 FA SPs I'd rather sign than Lester
- We should sign more than one starter if at all possible
- I trust Zaidi 100%, he's brought in a lot of talent on the cheap. Super impressed so far.
- Seriously though, Jon Lester?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1331293905900408833

- there's like 10 FA SPs I'd rather sign than Lester
- We should sign more than one starter if at all possible
- I trust Zaidi 100%, he's brought in a lot of talent on the cheap. Super impressed so far.
- Seriously though, Jon Lester?

hey before anyone signs lester, there's a weird thing about him that not a lot of people know. you see, jon lester is a lefty, but don't ask about his pickoff move-- he almost never throws to first. it's true!!!!!!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Scott Harris needs his Guy

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

bawfuls posted:

The Astros plan to avoid consequences by dispersing the cheating players across the league is going to work wonders

The plan to avoid consequences was allow Manfred to do the dumbest little nothing and it worked*

* does not apply to AJ Hinch or Jeff Lunhow who still probably got off light too

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
https://twitter.com/notmrtibbs/status/1331618105039097861

This is a truly awful ballot. It is a work of art.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/byrobertmurray/status/1331666462331822080?s=21

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Twin Cinema posted:

https://twitter.com/notmrtibbs/status/1331618105039097861

This is a truly awful ballot. It is a work of art.

This dude is just straight up trolling and I'm here for it. HoF voting is a joke and should be embraced as such.

I'm curious to see what the Reds do. Apparently they've told other teams Sonny Gray is available which tells me they're not too high on re-signing Bauer.

idontpoast
Jul 10, 2020

by Athanatos

As someone that use to work in a family services office, this stuff happens all over everyday. There is a chance that the father is a good guy, was trying to get custody of the daughter so that she could have an amazing life in america, has never been abusive, and the daughter wants to be with Randy. Since we have never heard any other reports about Randy being a giant piece of poo poo, I hope this is the case.

That being said,I will not be surprised at all if we find out when the dust settles Randy is a giant piece of poo poo wifebeater/family abuser like is way,way too common in pro sports though.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Do the right thing Mets

https://twitter.com/hgomez27/status/1331758262824407040

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

If this happens, I'm cool with skipping the DH for another year.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

idontpoast posted:

As someone that use to work in a family services office, this stuff happens all over everyday. There is a chance that the father is a good guy, was trying to get custody of the daughter so that she could have an amazing life in america, has never been abusive, and the daughter wants to be with Randy. Since we have never heard any other reports about Randy being a giant piece of poo poo, I hope this is the case.

That being said,I will not be surprised at all if we find out when the dust settles Randy is a giant piece of poo poo wifebeater/family abuser like is way,way too common in pro sports though.

There's a non-zero chance this is just a really ugly family quarrel, you're right. After hearing about Puig's lawsuit I'm now just too pessimistic :negative:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
IMO Bartolo should come to the Jays if the Mets don't sign him. Then we can add another big sexy lad to our team of chonky boys and trade him to the Mets at the deadline so he can retire as a Met. 2021 would be better with Bartolo playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Give me one 2021 Bartolo dinger please