Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Except for Kirk. Kirk is the only person in the entire town of Stars Hollow that will be spared the guillotine come the revolution. Yes this includes Luke, Luke is a class traitor that marries into money and betrays the working class. Also the show is supposedly a sitcom-comedy but every single actor in incapable of delivering a funny line. Except for Kirk, who's comedic timing and inflection is legendary. The only possible negative thing you can say about Kirk is that he has been brainwashed by capitalism. He is a slave to it, leaping at any opportunity to be the low man on the totem-pole but never chooses to move up it. But he can be deprogrammed. He is salvageable. But the rest of Stars Hollow is not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka6LCulDQig

I love you, Kirk. And god willing you will survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
hot chicks on that show

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah if you like skeletons

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Sookie is a good person, also diner guy.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
please do not guillotine yo la tengo

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Lorelai is the best, how dare you. Rory can go, but not Lorelai

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

pnumoman posted:

Lorelai is the best, how dare you. Rory can go, but not Lorelai

Lorelai made Rory. Literally at every step Lorelai was there pulling the strings, shaping Rory into garbage. All those nights eating take out? Training exercises to insure Rory would be the most contemptable human being imaginable.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I read for the part of lorelai but was deemed "too overtly sexual" for the WB fuckin prudes

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
also Gil was cool

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

The guy in the Chewbacca costume who impregnated Rory seems like a good guy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't consume this kind of media and I sorta feel like if you're offended by anything it does, that's more on you for being an idiot for doing so, more than anything else.

hth.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gilless Men

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I was watching a sidebar caption to a photo in People magazine from 1997 made into a TV show and, frankly? It wasn't very good and I was stunned by this.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

is this the show with the actress with bad flatulence?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Never watched Gilmore Girls. Whats it about?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

16 High schoolers compete for the best burnouts in the school parking lot and who has the most flatulence.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

16 High schoolers compete for the best burnouts in the school parking lot and who has the most flatulence.

Sounded alright at first but you lost me at the end there.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Sounded alright at first but you lost me at the end there.

YOU loving BITCH! YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER!!!! *runs away scream-crying*

e: also farting

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
Gilmore Girls is more of a show about nothing than Seinfeld

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
My wife would play that show in the next room, and I honestly thought for months that Richard Gilmore was played by William Shatner until I finally saw the character on-screen.

Close your eyes, and Edward Hermann sounds like a sophisticated Bill Shatner.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq8u89sk2Ik

hydrocarbonenema
Mar 4, 2017

Fun Shoe
This show was a great advertisement for planned parenthood. Not having to deal with even a fictional 17 year old girl in your mid-30s is pretty rad.

Juicef
Feb 14, 2009
I didn't care for the element that Rory chooses to associate with.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Big Beef City posted:

This is a lie. It's about burnout highschool girls parking farts in Lot's wife

Juicef
Feb 14, 2009
Emily Gilmore is the best. I like when she savages the DAR in the new ones.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Luke just dropped a $100k on a property next to him in cash because he was pissed at Taylor. He was never a class traitor, hr was always rich as hell. Of course Kirk also outbid him on that one house because he never spends anything from his infinite jobs and Luke spent all his liquid assets on random spite properties.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ASIAN girl

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Chomp8645 posted:

A Connecticut class struggle between the cartoonishly wealthy and a smurf village.

I rewatch the whole series once a year, so I’m not fronting or nothing, but, you know.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

Emily is cartoonishly evil

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
It’s actually not really real and is a tv show, op.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
fight me

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Lane fucks me up cause she was almost a decade older than the rest of her high school class

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I am pretty sure the origin story of Stars Hollow, as relayed to us by Miss Patty in season one, doesn’t tell the whole story and the young lovers who founded the town ascended to a sort of demiurge status and keep the booming tourist trap town- that is conspicuously free of tourists- as a sort of kingdom within a kingdom, only letting Lorelei in so that new blood might invigorate their closed system; an event which inadvertently leads to coming of Rory, the Daywalker, a being prophesied in an obscure Ron Sexsmith b-side to join the worlds of well heeled Mayflower wasps and quirky arts n crafts wasps together, so that the latter might use the money of the former to free themselves from the yoke of their quasi benevolent captors.

I’m fairly certain the show can’t really end until the epic final battle between the citizens and the star-crossed lovers/tutelary deities occurs.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Didn't we just have this same thread?

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
In real life Rory would have developed a cocaine problem and gotten a couple of bad tattoos before getting pregnant.

Definitely a smoker. Maybe with a prolonged cutting phase.

Juicef
Feb 14, 2009
It's kind of fun when Emily is a bit racist and they just look at each other like breaking the fourth wall because in reality everyone in that town would be super super racist.

Juicef
Feb 14, 2009
When Rory goes off with the rich boys and they wear masks and do corny poo poo you're supposed to be understanding that this is the family friendly allegory version of chain smoking problem teen Rory.

Juicef
Feb 14, 2009
Kirk voted for Trump.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I could’ve sworn you were a sidecar girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

This is canon in Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.

Juicef posted:

Emily Gilmore is the best. I like when she savages the DAR in the new ones.

This is correct. She's incredible.