Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Since it seems like we’ll be wearing masks for awhile longer, I want to see what you all have, how it fits, and where you got it. I regularly use a 3 layer cloth mask that came free in a box of piston rings, however today I’m rocking this sexy KN-95 as I sit in the clinics waiting room. Extra points for masks with wise rear end sayings, or special features such as an LED scroll. Also there are no points and no prizes.

Show me what you got!

Edit: sideways photos loving RULE!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fuckstick fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

I cover the exhaust valve with a cut-up surgical mask. grocery shopping with one of these kicks rear end. people give you a wide berth and you can make darth vader noises

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Zybourne Clock posted:

I cover the exhaust valve with a cut-up surgical mask. grocery shopping with one of these kicks rear end. people give you a wide berth and you can make darth vader noises

I seen a guy at menards when this first started with the whole paint respirator thing going, looked like a drat Israeli gas mask from the gulf war. It really stuck out back then because literally no one else was wearing coverings yet.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
No mask? NO MASK?!?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

No mask? NO MASK?!?

NOT UPON US, O KING

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Fuckstick posted:

I seen a guy at menards when this first started with the whole paint respirator thing going, looked like a drat Israeli gas mask from the gulf war. It really stuck out back then because literally no one else was wearing coverings yet.

Ditto, except it was at Costco and had purple filters. But back in late March it felt like that was what was going to be necessary. At least now the same location is finally selling 4-packs of the polyester ones instead of only having the boxes of 50 disposables.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Somebody stop me

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

I didnt actually go out with this because it has external breathing valves, but it sure fit the apocalyptic mood back in March.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
https://www.orbitgear.net/products/w210-a-vx-black?variant=31914273865826

+Scary but office-appropriate
+Magnetic clasp is suprisingly useful
+Lots of adjustment points
+Comfy

-Had to sew in my own nosewire
-Filtration probably not actually that good
-Random straps everywhere from the adjustments
-Pricey after import taxes

Fine for what I need, would get something more medical/industrial if I was sharing air with people outside work.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ohh good I can reuse some pictures from my mask thread.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Duck and Cover posted:

Ohh good I can reuse some pictures from my mask thread.

Chico noooo!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I made this out of a vintage pillowcase that was embroidered by a survivor of the 1918 flu.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
so i figure cobra commander probably had the mirrored helmet mask as a military/terrorist leader and the cloth mask as either informal presence or cult leader but ive got nothing to back that up. just seems like common sense why he would have 2

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I made this out of a vintage pillowcase that was embroidered by a survivor of the 1918 flu.

Rad

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fishy Flip
Jan 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just got some Uniqlo AIRism masks in the mail a few days ago. I really like them a lot. Most comfortable cloth mask I've tried so far. I'll probably buy some more.

I'm wearing a medium and it fits good.

You can get a 3 pack for $15 from Uniqlo.
If you've never ordered from there before, I think you can get free shipping on your first order.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/page/featured-airismmask.html

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I made this a couple of months ago. It's sitting on a Mr. Potato Head.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

lol army but this is legitimately the most comfortable mask I've found so far. You get a good seal around the face and it's made of a somewhat stiffer fabric, so it doesn't get completely sucked to your mouth when you breathe in.

Otherwise the rest of my masks are Olson masks that I sewed to tie behind the head instead of using the ear loops.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
One of the benefits of working around covid deniers and people who get all their information from Facebook or TikTok is that no one really cares what you wear so at work I have a doubled-up gaiter or a bandanna tied around my face.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My cousins and I used to love playing Mortal Kombat together so I got us matching Baraka face masks. We get some looks..

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't get to wear a mask, my supplies lasted out and there was no one at my work each day I rode in on bike. Our "problem" also ended months ago.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I have a programable LED mask, it does text but you can also make custom animations with it.

https://i.imgur.com/cUTGr5c.mp4

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I have a programable LED mask, it does text but you can also make custom animations with it.

https://i.imgur.com/cUTGr5c.mp4

but how do you wash it?

or are you one of those nasties who dont wash their masks

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My cousins and I used to love playing Mortal Kombat together so I got us matching Baraka face masks. We get some looks..

the one way valves don't work for anyone about to bitch about it

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

but how do you wash it?

or are you one of those nasties who dont wash their masks

The electronics are in a pocket secured with velcro so they're easily removed before washing. It only runs one message/animation at a time, but it uses a pretty basic phone app so you can switch what its displaying via blue tooth.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The electronics are in a pocket secured with velcro so they're easily removed before washing. It only runs one message/animation at a time, but it uses a pretty basic phone app so you can switch what its displaying via blue tooth.

okay thats dope.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i had artisinal momstyle cotton masks at the start but they are dead now and I've just got a shitload of blue surgical masks

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Just curious, what does "they are dead" mean for a cotton mask?

I made all my own masks, so some of them match quilts I've made, and one of them is a leftover from a dress my mom made when I was nine. (I also have an SA Mart thread so there are many goons out there who also match my quilts)

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Just curious, what does "they are dead" mean for a cotton mask?

Maybe things went really bad during the first toilet paper shortage.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
But the whole point of cotton masks is that you can wash them...

I like that shirt.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 28, 2020

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

posted this in the post yourself thread in april or something but here

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Where were mandatory masks when I had all that acne in high school

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I've got several masks from this Etsy store and I'm fond of them.

Jollity Farm fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 28, 2020

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Smoke, Sub-Zero, and Noob Saibot enter the competition!

I'm having a blast and I'm a little surprised that we're not seeing increasingly ridiculous and elaborate trends in mask fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea