Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
How’s the Kirkland kombucha?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Unison posted:

Got the $100 Jamon.

Excited and scared.

You made the right decision today. Slice thin.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I've had a cup of that Kirkland Baileys knock-off every night for a week

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Unison posted:

Got the $100 Jamon.

Excited and scared.

Hell yeah

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Lazyhound posted:

How’s the Kirkland kombucha?

it's pretty good imo. i pick it up every now and then

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

pentyne posted:

Each pack is easily 2 servings with a decent amount of rice. I've eaten just the pack of tikki masala itself by itself when I was hungry and didn't have any rice ready.

Aye, ditto. It's a good two servings if you've got a rice cooker (buy a rice cooker) or like 1 microwave meal at lunch. Bring a long spoon or scissors or a knife.... or a bowl, I guess?
Used to eat those retort pouch curries at work all the time. So good.
Dump it over rice for a big meal.

Cut the top half off the pouch and eat it with a spoon for a smaller meal.
If you want to stash some good eats in your desk, these are probably the number 1 thing you can set back. Hide a case away in your drawers and you'll never go hungry. It's an MRE for people that enjoy *FLAVOR* in their MREs.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That Tikka masala pairs great with the bags of cauliflower rice. Super filling and pretty great macros

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Enos Cabell posted:

That Tikka masala pairs great with the bags of cauliflower rice. Super filling and pretty great macros

This forever. Or just add to some stirfried broccoli+other veggies.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thinkin bout those Tasty Bite lentils when they go on sale. If you haven't tried em before. They're absolutely worth the purchase. I'm gonna get two cases and stock up because that's *16 bags* for like, $15?

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Manuel Calavera posted:

Thinkin bout those Tasty Bite lentils when they go on sale. If you haven't tried em before. They're absolutely worth the purchase. I'm gonna get two cases and stock up because that's *16 bags* for like, $15?

They're grrrreat! Our Costco just started carrying the same packets, only with Chana Masala in them instead. Didn't get any because we were still working on the madras lentils. Sixty literal seconds in the microwave. A perfect little addition to homemade Indian food night.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

FCKGW posted:

You can have you plus one other person. They're supposed to be in the same household but I don't think they care too much.
https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/853/~/how-many-people-can-be-on-my-costco-membership%3F

When I went to do this for a roommate they required a piece of mail from him to prove we had the same address. Not too hard to get around but they do check.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Jalapeño Cranberry dip is here.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fischtick posted:

They're grrrreat! Our Costco just started carrying the same packets, only with Chana Masala in them instead. Didn't get any because we were still working on the madras lentils. Sixty literal seconds in the microwave. A perfect little addition to homemade Indian food night.

Oh I know, I've had them! Those and some rice also make a fantastic easy meal.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

I forget about this every year then eat a ton of it at family gatherings.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

That kind of sounds amazing. My wife makes the cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving every year. She used this recipe that called for so much fresh ginger that I swear eating the stuff was like spraying floor cleaner in your mouth. One teaspoon was all anyone ever needed. One year I forgot to buy ginger and she improvised, and wound up making a simple cranberry and pear sauce that's so good I will eat it directly from the fridge with a spoon. Like, we run out of cranberry sauce before we run out of leftover mashed taters, and we have a *lot* of leftover mashed taters.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What the gently caress happened to my slice :(

owned

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
is the costco artificial christmas tree better than the cheaper ones? I bought one when they were on sale and saw they extended the sale, then my parents told me they don't like their tree as it's so white that it hurts their eyes. So I got looking and apparently Walmart's online store carries a 7.5' pre-lit tree from "Costway" for $100.

Not sure if the costco one is going to be better quality such that it's worth twice as much, or if I should take mine back. I don't really care about the "breathing" modes or anything, I just like the normal multicolored mode.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I haven’t seen the Walmart ones you speak of but typically the Costco one is:
More realistic rubbery Plastic vs nylon “needles”
Color or white in one (with 7 other useless modes)
Plop-n-connect where you drop in the sections and they transmit power (no manual find the plug and daisy chaining required)

I don’t like cheap Target or Walmart artificial trees as far as they go but they’re better than no tree!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

A big thing with the cheap artificial trees now is that they’re very skinny, they don’t have a same proportions of a normal Christmas tree. You really have to check both the height and width now.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FCKGW posted:

A big thing with the cheap artificial trees now is that they’re very skinny, they don’t have a same proportions of a normal Christmas tree. You really have to check both the height and width now.

skinny is kind of a plus for us 1-br apartment dwellers. we actually bought the fake pre-lit tree from costco a year or two ago. first time we went they had a ton of boxes out, so we decided to wait a bit and decide what we're doing and then a couple days later when we went to buy it they were out and actually had to go to 3 costcos and ended up buying the floor model from the last one because they were all out everywhere. which was actually a very nice tree with good fake-pines with drop-n-connect segments, nice lights, and didn't look that big in the store but when we tried to set it up in our apartment it just took up way too much space to justify, that was fun trying to fit that back in a car and return it.

kinda felt bad because employees had to disassemble it for us and it was our bad for not measuring out our space first.

e: so pro-tip, if you want a fake costco tree, get it NOW. it may even be too late

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 23, 2020

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Xaris posted:

e: so pro-tip, if you want a fake costco tree, get it NOW. it may even be too late

It is too late. Went on Saturday to get one, they only had 2 left, a $300 and a $600. I ended up going to Target.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shredder posted:

It is too late. Went on Saturday to get one, they only had 2 left, a $300 and a $600. I ended up going to Target.

Iirc the $300 one is usually the cheapest one th e cheapest one they carry too. It’s the smaller one but was still just a bit too big for us

But yeah as soon as they put em up, grab it it that’s what you want.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My dad went this morning and was there at 10am sharp and the lot was already full.

Good news is that they loaded up for our small outside thanksgiving. Costco mashed potats and gravy! :yum:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

Iirc the $300 one is usually the cheapest one th e cheapest one they carry too. It’s the smaller one but was still just a bit too big for us

But yeah as soon as they put em up, grab it it that’s what you want.

There is a 4-foot $99 one, but it is probably too small for most people.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Just busted these open and they are amazing. The gingerbread is my favorite, so drat good. The peanut butter one is the weakest link, but it’s not horrible. The peppermint one tastes like a gourmet peppermint patty. All in all, highly recommend if you see them. Only downside is that each cookie is individually wrapped in cellophane if the extra trash bothers you. But this is Costco, it’s to be expected unfortunately.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Anyone stupid enough to go to church today?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i went yesterday right when they opened. it was like peak hour on a saturday but nothing insane. they had tp and paper towels again but no name brands

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

SirPablo posted:

Considering it. They open to my kind in 80 minutes. Dog park first.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

My dad went this morning and was there at 10am sharp and the lot was already full.

Good news is that they loaded up for our small outside thanksgiving. Costco mashed potats and gravy! :yum:

Can't beat them potats!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

You can totally do it, but you need to lock into a Zen Mindset before even getting in the parking lot.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

SirPablo posted:

I have to run some errands later and while I don't have to go to church, I'll be driving past for a couple of them so I'll take a peek and see how packed it is.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Doodles posted:

I have to run some errands later and while I don't have to go to church, I'll be driving past for a couple of them so I'll take a peek and see how packed it is.

You can use Google Maps data to see how busy it is without sacrificing yourself. Here is the church closest to my house.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I went today, right at opening. Line wrapped around the building.

I got the first flushable wet wipes they had in months. By the time I left they were also out of the fresh turkey dinners. Several palates of pumpkin pies though.

The 20” plush baby yoda is super duper cute.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ultimate Mango posted:

I got the first flushable wet wipes they had in months.

Get ready for everyone to yell at you.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Flushable wipes:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

SirPablo posted:

You can use Google Maps data to see how busy it is without sacrificing yourself. Here is the church closest to my house.

Nah, when I say peek, I mean it. Like I'll be able to see from the street going past it.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Get ready for everyone to yell at you.

Gag’s on them, I don’t use them for my already sparkly clean rear end.

Half go to the kid’s school and half have a specific purpose for household needs.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Gag’s on them, I don’t use them for my already sparkly clean rear end.

Half go to the kid’s school and half have a specific purpose for household needs.
this just raises further questions tbh

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I hope you realize that those wipes have no disinfectant properties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
It's wiping a dog's rear end, guys. He's wiping a dog's rear end. I know other people who do it too, and there's no stopping it.