Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Mom and dad just don't get it. Dad keeps telling me I should go to college or a trade school so I have "something to fall back on" and that I can still "study karate on the weekends!' Okay first of all it's not "karate" and second of all I see you following your passion on the weekend. How you just live for the weekend as you work your fingers to the bone as an accountant, hating every minute of it, watching the clock until the weekend so you can do your ice sculpting. Waiting for retirement to come, or the sweet release of death, whatever comes first! Mom is sobbing. She always had her heart set on me becoming a doctor or a lawyer.

They just don't understand. The masters of Kung Fu call to me! This is what I must do! I make a few pbjs, pack my Subaru hatchback, and set off to doom or glory!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

"something to fall back on" and that I can still "

hey pops, fall back on this
*punches him with a secret palm move, sending him sprawling to the mat*

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Heather Papps

hello friend

at the same time:
sensei just doesn't get it. he keeps telling me i should go to the cave of forgotten kicks, or a wish fountain so i have "techniques to fall back on" and that i can still "study nintendo on the rest days!' okay first of all it's not "nintendo" and second of all i see you following your passion on the rest days. how you just live for the rest days as you punch your fingers to the bone as an master, hating every minute of it, watching the sun until the rest days so you can do your slam poetry. waiting for an apprentice to inherit your school, or the sweet release of death, whatever comes first! the buddha statue is sobbing. it hates when we fight with words.

you just don't understand. the masters of streaming entertainment call to me! this is what i must do! i make a few rice cakes, pack my friendly donkey (his name is hatchback), and set off to doom or glory!
what will happen to these twin souls?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
What do you mean I'm going to spend the rest of my life illuminating books about martial arts?? This is bullshit!

Buttchocks fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 26, 2020

Finger Prince

Buttchocks posted:

What do you mean I'm going to spend the rest of my life illuminating books about martial arts?? This is bullshit!

20 years later...
The invading sapphire dragon clan are defeated by your Invincible Seven Ink Dry Brush Technique

Finger Prince

Learning from home studying from an online martial arts monetary.

Mastering The Blade 101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEa6hxZOkbE

Make and respond to two forum posts about difficulties you encountered while mastering the blade.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 26, 2020

Macnult

i leave home to study in a martial arts monastery. it’s not a fantasized escape or some form of soul searching — i am honing my skills. my knuckles are like split pages for every punch i’ve learned. my kicks are as powerful as they are deliberate. i can breathe.

it’s the middle of winter. i leave the martial arts monastery and return home. nobody is there. an hour goes by and i hear my dad pulling up into the driveway. he steps out of his car and notices something in the front yard. he’s astonished, carefully adjusting his glasses while gawking in amazement. before him stands a flawless hand-punched ice sculpture of me and my waifu

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

for years I have studied, and today is finally the day I will price myself. I step into the dojo and glare at my sensei across the floor. a gong sounds and I charge to the center executing my Thousand Honeymoons technique as the onlookers stare confused

wait, MARTIAL arts? uhhh poo poo hang on

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

xcheopis

sk posted:

for years I have studied, and today is finally the day I will price myself. I step into the dojo and glare at my sensei across the floor. a gong sounds and I charge to the center executing my Thousand Honeymoons technique as the onlookers stare confused

wait, MARTIAL arts? uhhh poo poo hang on

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Returning home after unsuccessfully trying to enrol in the martial arts academy. When I got there it was chaos: a blind man throwing a rubber ball with spikes on it, a one armed man setting fire to the floor, this Thai dude who nobody knew if he was a good guy or not, and a smug rich gentleman eating chicken very messily. Just didn't seem like a professional organization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

*proudly displaying my Marital Arts trophy on the mantle*