Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~

Zaphod42 posted:

Man I really didn't like MGS4 very much but watching this just reminds me how much MGS relied on David Hayter and how loving stupid it was to recast Snake in 5.

Yeah it wasn't very good. 5 at least had fantastic gameplay and the story is always just an excuse to play as "Super Snake" and kill terrorists in any of them anyhow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Game scripts are generally overfilled with flat, meaningless exposition and I'm always intrigued by the inventive ways developers attempt to get around that, when they do try at least.

Witcher 3 at least has Geralt do the monologuing when appropriate.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

Wolfsheim posted:

Otakon: Hey Snake, see the bike someone left outside? Now that the power grid is up and running it could help your deliveries.

Colnel Cambell: Snake, you can now use the bike to aid in your deliveries. You can select it from the vehicle menu or just use vehicles other players have left behind.

Mei-ling: Planning on doing any long distance espionage Snake? The bike may get you where you need to go.

Colnel Cambell: Snake, I see you're starting a new delivery. Have you checked out the vehicle menu when accessing your gear? Try that bike.

What you originally wrote is proof that you knew "Death Stranding" is an intentional laughing stock.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Really they should've added a check to see if you've used the vehicles before and not played the lines if you had. That way when someone complains about it you can laugh at them

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

hobbesmaster posted:

Really they should've added a check to see if you've used the vehicles before and not played the lines if you had. That way when someone complains about it you can laugh at them

I played about as much as it took to meet Otakon 2, Signet 2, and Colnel Cambell 2. Apparently Liquid Vamp 2.0 is the main villain.

The EGM reviewer of "Death Stranding" admitted to not playing MGS much at all which is the only reason it could possibly get a 5 star review.

Zone of the Enders was also worked on by Kojima. It's really good.

Also before MGS and ZOE there was a game on N64 that was a combination of both he worked on.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

rap music posted:

I didn’t play death stranding cuz it looked like a game about walking around?? I saw Conan O’Brien was in it tho that seemed pretty cool

The first time I fell over because I was walking too fast on slightly rocky terrain and just ate poo poo as my entire delivery fell in the river and I frantically ran around trying to scoop it back up I fell in love with it :allears:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A lot of people love death stranding though, it’s just an incredibly polarizing game.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

hobbesmaster posted:

A lot of people love death stranding though, it’s just an incredibly polarizing game.

I can imagine a paraplegic would enjoy fantasizing about being able to walk long distances again but not any fully able bodies person one single iota.

Hey man! You can play walk....inside?!

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

exquisite tea posted:

Game scripts are generally overfilled with flat, meaningless exposition and I'm always intrigued by the inventive ways developers attempt to get around that, when they do try at least.

Disco Elysium sticks a lot of the most useless ephemera of its world behind leveling a skill that's explicitly about basking in it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Insert a Name Here posted:

I can imagine a paraplegic would enjoy fantasizing about being able to walk long distances again but not any fully able bodies person one single iota.

Hey man! You can play walk....inside?!

:jerkbag:

You can drive a car?

You can play sports?

You can shoot guns?

I guess Tetris is the only true game since you can't replicate the falling blocks in real life.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You can drive a car?

You can play sports?

You can shoot guns?

I guess Tetris is the only true game since you can't replicate the falling blocks in real life.

That's logistics!

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You can drive a car?

You can play sports?

You can shoot guns?

Okay Squidward.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I don’t like cutscenes or anime very much so mgs2 was the last one I played

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

rap music posted:

I don’t like cutscenes or anime very much so mgs2 was the last one I played

It ends pretty good there anyhow.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Going back to talking about Cyberpunk in this Cyberpunk thread, it looks like the scavs are the ones wearing the scrambled clown masks. Sad, because I was kind of hoping to see the Bozos as some hidden gang. :smith:

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

Back Hack posted:

Going back to talking about Cyberpunk in this Cyberpunk thread, it looks like the scavs are the ones wearing the scrambled clown masks. Sad, because I was kind of hoping to see the Bozos as some hidden gang. :smith:

Thank you you're a good egg.

I've got about 130gb of space on my hard drive. Hopefully thats enough.

Theres gonna be a ton of M-rated twitch streamers playing this on the 10th(also gonna take at least a day to download.)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Tetris is just packing your poo poo up when you move

Back Hack posted:

I kinda like the idea of there being one Bozo but it not being a regular gang you run into all the time

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

sean10mm posted:

The PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn is my current "play something until Cyberpunk comes out" game.

I don't want to poison the taste of cyberpunk by playing anything even remotely futuristic so I got that Orc Pokemon game and all it's dlc for 16 bucks. I kinda regret not getting to play it when it first came out.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Zedhe Khoja posted:

I don't want to poison the taste of cyberpunk by playing anything even remotely futuristic so I got that Orc Pokemon game and all it's dlc for 16 bucks. I kinda regret not getting to play it when it first came out.

HZD is a wildly different game world from Cyberpunk lol

Like humanity is operating at a tribal level and you're hunting robot dinosaurs with a bow and arrow.

Ted Faro was corpo vermin tho

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Zedhe Khoja posted:

What is the Orc Pokemon game

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What is the Orc Pokemon game

Shadow of War is fantastic and the Nemesis System is the most innovative gameplay mechanic in the last decade.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I bought into Death Stranding based on a bunch of rave reviews and I just didn't have fun even after trying for 8hrs. Normally I'm into deep existential poo poo, but the world feeling empty combined with no player actions actually influencing the story... ehhh, I'd rather just watch the cut-scenes on youtube

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jack Trades posted:

Shadow of War is fantastic and the Nemesis System is the most innovative gameplay mechanic in the last decade.

Yeah it's fun when the orc you burned comes back and says "you burned me" the first few times.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Hey hey. Sometimes they come back and say "Im da terminatah lol" and it owns no matter how many times I hear him say it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
it's totally possible to both love and respect Hideo Kojima while also desperately wishing he would allow himself to be edited by someone. I think Metal gear Solid 1 + 2 are both pretty much perfect, but you can see him really pushing the edge at the end of 2 of what he could get away with. Every game after that is just him going full bore as hard as possible in Kojima land without even a hint of restraint, and I really can't stand those stories.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Isn't it by Ubisoft or one of them? They're sort of a crappy business for a big one so I'm with you on waiting a long time before playing something in sale when it's like that.

"Baldur's gate 3" might be the worst media fuckup I've ever gotten a refund for. Oh, I'm gonna nail that one; my desktop computer was used for a NASA rocket launch and didn't overheat as badly as the 3 hours of gameplay on "high" settings Baldur's gate provided.

Insert a Name Here fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 25, 2020

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bust Rodd posted:

it's totally possible to both love and respect Hideo Kojima while also desperately wishing he would allow himself to be edited by someone. I think Metal gear Solid 1 + 2 are both pretty much perfect, but you can see him really pushing the edge at the end of 2 of what he could get away with. Every game after that is just him going full bore as hard as possible in Kojima land without even a hint of restraint, and I really can't stand those stories.

I'd say MGS3 is more restrained than 2. Or at least more straightforward.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

BULBASAUR posted:

I bought into Death Stranding based on a bunch of rave reviews and I just didn't have fun even after trying for 8hrs. Normally I'm into deep existential poo poo, but the world feeling empty combined with no player actions actually influencing the story... ehhh, I'd rather just watch the cut-scenes on youtube

I knew Death Stranding ultimately wouldn't appeal to me for exactly this reason, so I totally did that and just watched all the cutscenes on youtube and had a pretty solid time.

I watched my girlfriend play a couple hours at one point and yeah just not my kinda thing. But some people love it for what it is.

Bust Rodd posted:

That's basically where I'm at.

Combined with wanting people to give more credit to the programmers who work for him and ascribe less of everything good about MGS to one person.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

Zaphod42 posted:

Combined with wanting people to give more credit to the programmers who work for him and ascribe less of everything good about MGS to one person.

MGS: Survive was made just for that. It's to good credit too; it's a very good game as far as showing off the graphics and programming and what not. Well, it's more of a tech demo reel as a video game, but yeah it really ain't all Hideo Kojima doing every lil thing like ya said.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

cyberpunk 2077, the game that isn't even out yet, has ruined every other game for me

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

rap music posted:

cyberpunk 2077, the game that isn't even out yet, has ruined every other game for me

just wait until it comes out and ruins cyberpunk 2077 for you as well

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1460920/House_Flipper__Cyberpunk_DLC/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/244630/NEOTOKYO/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1163160/Ronin_2072/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/234650/Shadowrun_Returns/

"It's not cliche-it's a genre!"-Me, director of toy sales for generic-asian-future-game 2077

Edit; this one is original to me still. https://store.steampowered.com/app/327920/BloodNet/

Am I gonna enjoy Skyrim with a coat of "scenes from the movie Akira" paint on it? Sure. In fact, I hope everyone who buys and plays it does too.

Insert a Name Here fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 25, 2020

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
The shadow run games are rad as hell, actually.

And the neotokyo soundtrack is loving choice, dunno about the game.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

Pictures are worth a thousand words, and I feel the same about cyborg punk 2077 in relation to shadowrun as I did this

To this

JustaDamnFool posted:

The shadow run games are rad as hell, actually.

And the neotokyo soundtrack is loving choice, dunno about the game.

It's multiplayer only but if there even is a 1st person shooter with a story mode than maybe admittedly it really isn't the jump from Fallout 2 to 3.

Because it's definitely got "we stopped subtitling anime to fully trasnlated it and Takeshi's name in now Brock" levels of erasure. Just to iteriorate; I'm not a complainer about that stuff. In fact, I enjoy how goofy something becomes. Finding a lost stash of laser katana's to defeat CYBORG ZHAO OF THE ZHAO IMPERACY becomes an effort to defeat JOHN NIGHT OF NIGHT CONGLOMORATE. Same poo poo, different words.

It's worth being pre-emptive now considering there was a bunch for complaining that Scarlet Johansen isn't "the right sort of Japanese"(it's called hair dye, people) in a movie where she plays a robot assassin.

Insert a Name Here fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 26, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jack Trades posted:

Oh yeah, the Shadow LotR games are great. First time I hared them called Orc Pokemon before

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jack Trades posted:

It was incredibly bland and boring bullshit with no substance and the nemesis system was fun and innovative for about fifteen minutes.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pictures are worth a thousand words, and I feel the same about cyborg punk 2077 in relation to shadowrun as I did this

To this

So Cyberpunk is going to be inferior to the Shadowrun games? Pity

Also the second and third Shadowrun games are great.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

???

the Cyberpunk RPG predates Shadowrun, and while there have been plenty of good Shadowrun games I wouldn't describe any of them as Fallout-esque classics that would be inevitably be ruined by a move to 3d (especially b/c there has already been a full on Shadowrun multiplayer FPS and CDPR isn't Bethesda)

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

steinrokkan posted:

So Cyberpunk is going to be inferior to the Shadowrun games? Pity

Also the second and third Shadowrun games are great.

Preferring Fallout 3/4 to Fallout 1/2 should be a bannable offence IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CottonWolf posted:

Preferring Fallout 3/4 to Fallout 1/2 should be a bannable offence IMO.

Forgetting New Vegas, are we

(agreed, tho)