Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Based on this tweet:

https://twitter.com/versacedolphy/status/1331241688619225089?s=20

It ended up being a fun distraction so i'll start:

Cop tries to solve crimes in increasingly weird city while failing to use condoms properly.

Gotham

ps. you don't have to guess it to post :justpost:

HOLY FUCK has a new favorite as of 02:28 on Nov 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

man accidentally travels to the future and makes some new friends while being constantly baffled by new technology and men wearing hats indoors

Sleepy Hollow

HOLY FUCK has a new favorite as of 02:28 on Nov 26, 2020

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
The number of British people not baking stuff increases each week.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Mystery Science Theater 3000 (abbreviated as MST3K) is an American television comedy series created by Joel Hodgson and produced by Alternaversal Productions, LLC. The show premiered on KTMA-TV (now WUCW) in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on November 24, 1988. It later aired on The Comedy Channel/Comedy Central for seven seasons until its cancellation in 1996. Thereafter, it was picked up by The Sci-Fi Channel and aired for three seasons until another cancellation in August 1999.[2] A 60-episode syndication package titled The Mystery Science Theater Hour was produced in 1993 and syndicated to stations in 1995. In 2015, Hodgson led a crowdfunded revival of the series with 14 episodes in its eleventh season, first released on Netflix on April 14, 2017, with another six-episode season following on November 22, 2018. As of 2019, 217 episodes and a feature film have been produced as well as two live tours.

The show initially starred Hodgson as Joel Robinson, a janitor trapped by two mad scientists ("The Mads") on the Earth-orbiting Satellite of Love, and forced to watch a series of B movies in order to monitor his reaction to them. To keep his sanity, Joel crafts sentient robot companions, including Tom Servo, Crow T. Robot, and Gypsy, to keep him company and help him humorously comment on each movie as it plays, a process known as riffing. Each two-hour episode would feature a single movie (often edited for time constraints), sometimes preceded by various old shorts and educational films, with Joel, Tom, and Crow watching in silhouette from a row of theater seats at the bottom of the screen. These "theater segments" were framed with interstitial sketches called "host segments". The show's cast changed over its duration; most notably, the character of Joel was replaced by Mike Nelson (played by Michael J. Nelson) halfway through the show's fifth season. Other cast members, most of whom were also writers for the show, include Trace Beaulieu, Josh Weinstein, Jim Mallon, Kevin Murphy, Frank Conniff, Mary Jo Pehl, Bill Corbett, Paul Chaplin, and Bridget Jones Nelson. The 2017 revival features a primarily new cast, including Jonah Ray who plays the new human test subject Jonah Heston, along with Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt as "The Mads" and Baron Vaughn, Hampton Yount, and Rebecca Hanson voicing Tom Servo, Crow T. Robot, and Gypsy, respectively.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Mystery Science Theater 3000 (abbreviated as MST3K)

:pwn: that was... exquisitely boring

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

A psychiatrist refines his cooking skills and invites his friends over for dinner.

Hannibal

HOLY FUCK has a new favorite as of 02:29 on Nov 26, 2020

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Canadians.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Exhausted man fixes constantly broken space station while everyone around him has a much better time

star trek deep space nine

HOLY FUCK has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Nov 26, 2020

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

HOLY gently caress posted:

:pwn: that was... exquisitely boring
"humorously comment on each movie as it plays, a process known as riffing"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
a security company faces a series of PR crises as activists attempt to shut them down

the boys

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

A man and his family move to a rural property and invest in local small businesses.

Ozark

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Putting what it actually is in spoiler text is a good idea! Thank you :unsmith:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Over several decades, assorted British people do not rewrite history.

Doctor Who

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

An under achiever finally finds something he is good at, but his family doesnt like his new hobby.

Breaking Bad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Stuff happens, often ironically.

The Twilight Zone

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Nothing happens. You watch it because it's on TV

Seinfeld

Future Wax
Feb 17, 2011

There is no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase!
A couple in an arranged marriage clashes over their stressful jobs.

The Americans

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
A man accidently does something good at work so he spends the rest of the series trying to replicate it and largely failing.

Farscape

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Teams of amateur mechanics compete to build stuff, Red Dwarf cast member hosts.

Robot Wars and Scrapheap Challenge. That's as boring as I can make it, and I still want more. What's Chris Barrie up to, and can we have some kind of drone-invasion people have to defend against?

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

A man head out west to find someone but, his past follows him.

Hell On Wheels

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm
Literally Everything.

Cosmos

And the follow-up: Literally Everything, with a Black Guy.

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Police build a meticulous case against drug dealers using wire taps and affidavits. They do this multiple times but ultimately nothing changes

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000
"So there's these young attractive people, right? Anyway they're all at college together and have drama with each other and bang each other and stuff. In this one episode, there was this hilarious reference to Die Hard."

Community

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Unpaid intern tries to keep his fuckup employer and his roommates from loving up harder than they already have.

What We Do in the Shadows

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
When a man starts working at a delivery service, his coworkers eventually develop a relatively decent opinion of him.

__________Futurama__________

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A man returns to his hometown for work. While there, he encounters an old friend, a local entrepreneur, who wants to talk politics with him, ending with a fraught discussion over dinner. Over the course of the series, they continue to drift further apart.

Justified

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
An awful British man irritates his colleagues, who keep him around because his expertise makes up for it. Nobody involved has lupus.

Elementary

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Two brothers repeatedly lie to each other, discover each other's lies, realise that there was no reason to lie in the first place, and promise never to lie to each other again. Repeat for 15 years.

Supernatural

An English man explains American politics.

Last Week Tonight

A man is given a job for which he is extremely unqualified and finds it difficult to relate to his new coworkers.

Future Man

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
A janitor has some adventures.

Red Dwarf

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

A war veteran and his family come together in a task force to solve problems in their community

Peaky Blinders

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Two brothers repeatedly lie to each other, discover each other's lies, realise that there was no reason to lie in the first place, and promise never to lie to each other again. Repeat for 15 years.

Supernatural

That’s really boring, good job! I was going to do “Two brothers drive around America sampling local diner offerings and making new friends” but then I sensed the Flameshirted One approaching and had to stop

HOLY FUCK has a new favorite as of 19:04 on Nov 27, 2020

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
People annoy each other over contract disputes, performance-enhancing substances, and setting up an HOA for some new real estate.

The Expanse

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Mister Kingdom posted:

A janitor has some adventures.

Red Dwarf

A slob eats curry and talks to a cat

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
A pompous jerk and his foppish brother get put in their places.

Frasier

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

A man and his family move to a rural property and invest in local small businesses.

Ozark

pffffft

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Tiggum posted:

A man is given a job for which he is extremely unqualified and finds it difficult to relate to his new coworkers.

Future Man

List of things this also applies to:
  • Star Wars
  • The Matrix
  • Breaking Bad
  • Lord of the Rings

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

A french dude and his ensemble cast of cheerful compatriots ship themselves between meeting ambassadors and making slightly frustrated faces at foreign representatives from afar. Sometimes the dude makes good speeches at other people, and you will probably watch the show just for these.

Star Trek: TNG

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Two government workers get confused by their job role a lot

The X Files

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
A physicist and a civil servant investigate the cause of an industrial accident.

Chernobyl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A wealthy businessman repeatedly lies to his friends and family, has his lies discovered, realises that there was no reason to lie in the first place, and promises never to lie again. Repeat for 8 years.

Arrow.

An alcoholic narcissist makes his coworkers' lives miserable but can't be fired because his mother owns the company.

Archer.