Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Coffee has to be either piping hot or actually cold, anything in between is super duper extra bad. I make a big ol' thing of coffee in the mornings and by my 3rd or 4th cup its completely room temperature and absolutely unsatisfying. The room temperatures bring fourth the worst flavors in the coffee, while also lacking any of the satisfaction that seems to come from chugging down liquids significantly hotter or colder than your internal body temp. It might be worth it to throw the motherfucker in the fridge after my first or second cup but tbh i'd rather just be mad about it then put in the effort.

You have parents, cousins, friends and other assorted loved ones, they have to know before its too late and they also fall prey to a mediocre morning beverage. Please consider phone banking or going door to door to raise awareness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
lol if you still take your coffee orally. thought i told you to stay in the car grandpa

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Things can be "piping cold" as well. Refrigerant flows through pipes, natural gas has a refrigerant effect, etc. of that nature.

This bias to pipes holding simply heat needs to end

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I'm gonna need hard proof op

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Any room temperature drink is poo poo. HTH.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joKfBVcRDYY

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

PSA: Get yourself an insulated coffee mug.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
OP never ever put too much flavour cream in the cup of coffee? IMPOSSIBLE

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Drink it with your rear end once it goes room temp, op

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Coffee is a caffeine delivery system and nothing else. Temperature mattering just makes you a slave. Consume your caffeine and move on citizen.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Liking hot coffee? Now I’ve heard everything

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

OP have you heard of these things called microwaves?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
The worst part of the day is forgetting that I have some coffee left and being like "whelp, down the hatch on one dumb gulp, I guess".,

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Hmmm, its cold and rainy out. I shouldn't make an afternoon pot of coffee. But I really want some afternoon coffee.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Weather is getting cold. If you're not a scrub you'll have a thermos ready. Otherwise in winter months the drat coffee isn't hot anymore after like 10 minutes.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Black coffee is some vile poo poo, hot cold or warm. It's like vodka, it's meant to be cut with something actually palatable. If you argue with me on this you are wrong and a bad person.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I just write "wakey wakey" on a post-it note, stick it on a wall and run full speed at it head first

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Buy a 40oz Thermos bottle you mook.

They're like $30 goddamn dollars and your cup is built into the lid. Christ almighty you dumb baby.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Stop buying lovely coffee OP

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I agree OP but "iced coffee" has the exact same problem, it's gross. Hot or not at all.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lukewarm tea is even worse. it's like the grave

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Lots of sad sacks ITT who don't know how to brew a decent cup

Join us
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3437887

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I will NEVER brew a good cup of coffee!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

McGavin posted:

Any room temperature drink is poo poo. HTH.

I like room temperature bourbon

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

AHH F/UGH posted:

Black coffee is some vile poo poo, hot cold or warm. It's like vodka, it's meant to be cut with something actually palatable. If you argue with me on this you are wrong and a bad person.

pro-tip: cut your coffee with vodka and cream then set it on fire

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I make my coffee a cup at a time in a small French press. Hot enough if you steep it less than five minutes, don't add too much milk after pouring, and drink it fairly fast. But I drink some cups slowly, so sometimes I either throw the last half of the become-lukewarm-or-cooler coffee, or drink it, God help me.

I agree with OP, hot coffee is meant to be drunk hot, but I love a good iced coffee on aa hot day too.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Lord Stimperor posted:

Lots of sad sacks ITT who don't know how to brew a decent cup

Join us
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3437887

Just read the first post there, very informative, thank you!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i make an entire carafe of cheap rear end coffee and microwave it throughout the day(s) as needed

i am a trash man

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

latte should be around 60-65 degrees centigrade if you don't want to burn the milk

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What does it being lukewarm have to do with it though OP?

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

numberoneposter posted:

i make an entire carafe of cheap rear end coffee and microwave it throughout the day(s) as needed

i am a trash man

I always have a jar of Cafe Bustelo instant. Hot water or cold water or just eat a spoonful and chase it with whatever once in a while. I guess you could call me a coffee lover.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
greetings fellow bean fiends

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Beans and water, no fancy poo poo

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I serve tea at 208°F

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Myron Baloney posted:

spoonful and chase it with whatever once in a while

I hope you're joking

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
People can do and enjoy what they want.

No skin off my dick.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

numberoneposter posted:

i am a trash man

Serious post: why is it that microwaved coffee takes more cream to get to the same color as freshly brewed?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tnuctip posted:

Serious post: why is it that microwaved coffee takes more cream to get to the same color as freshly brewed?

The same reason strong coffee needs more cream for the same color as weak coffee.

Less water.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Halloween Liker posted:

People can do and enjoy what they want.

No skin off my dick.

WE GOT AN ANTEATER HERE!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
question for real - how long did it take you to work up to 4 cups of coffee a day?

if I have more than 2 I feel like a loving crack head and that my heart is going to explode