Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Krakkles posted:

The person who thought that shifter was a good idea in the first place doesn't understand that.

I made the car better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Why aren’t those shifters good? I’m genuinely curious and have no experience with them. It looks fun as hell to my brain, which has a child’s tastes and a magpie’s love of shiny stuff

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

net work error posted:

2010 Cayman for $36k not a bad price

Hmm, scrolling through pics and HOLD UP

Is that a loving sequential gearbox???

It's listed as a manual so maybe?

Well 36k doesn't seem like a great price either, even before you see that horse cock

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Shifters like that are fine...in a track/race car. Seeing that on an otherwise stock car makes no sense except to boy racer who probably beat the hell out of that thing. Any time you see a 'race mod' like that on an otherwise stock car you need to run the hell away.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
awww already gone!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Apparently someone had a taste for horse dick.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Minor accident

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Apparently someone had a taste for horse dick.

Quite the 1-2 combo

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

1977 citroen CX runs good needs clutch cable. Power windows. Roll cage have most of the interior and the original rims no time to fix or use it right now and its taking up room will trade for somthing of interest car has full hydraulic suspension. Car is nice but needs love. Have video of it working. It also has a roll gauge. Will trade for just about anything [note: the price was $1]

e:
Classic Car

$37,000.00

1999 30th anniversary Trans Am
Low km 13500 5.7 LS1 V8 auto all options WS6 Suspension ,
Original paint and tires No modifications
One of 65 Canadian T Tops has Original
Window Sticker and Dock sheet , NEW MVI FROM THE DEALER , may trade for classic truck Collector Car !

why the gently caress do people selling their cars despise taking good pictures of their cars

and ironically, this dude takes pretty good pictures

1995 impala SS
$2400

1995 impala SS ,350 lt1 engine, rebuilt transmission with less than 50 kms on trans ! bucket seats with column shift option ! NOTE !!!!! THIS CAR IS A UNITED STATES FLOOD CAR ! THEREFORE IT CANNOT BE REGISTERED !!! the car came from virginia ! this car runs ! it is a real ss not a clone ! price is $2750 or trade for something of equal value ! the green 95 ss cars are lowest production number of the ss cars !will sell body only if interested !

Nebakenezzer fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 25, 2020

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Get the Citroën.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Nebakenezzer posted:

1977 citroen CX runs good needs clutch cable. Power windows. Roll cage have most of the interior and the original rims no time to fix or use it right now and its taking up room will trade for somthing of interest car has full hydraulic suspension. Car is nice but needs love. Have video of it working. It also has a roll gauge. Will trade for just about anything [note: the price was $1]

Roll cage :eyepop:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Roll gauge.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

StormDrain posted:

Roll gauge.

:drat:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 25, 2020

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

RARE! Barn find, minimal rust, $8,500 or will trade for a newer corvette.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh that makes sense

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Huh, I always assumed those terrible art cars just glued all the shells on, but that does seem more efficient.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Finally a car with a real looking zebra print.

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

One of the last true gentlemen left alive . ';,,,,,,,,;'
Not all that amazing, but this dude's belief that his completely unremarkable M3 hasn't depreciated in 5 years is just baffling me. Full ad text minus the auto generated stuff from the site below. Why buy a new M3 when you can save a few bucks and get one well out of warranty and have the pleasure of dealing with this moron??? For reference the next most expensive is listed at $85k AUD and has 35k km on the odometer.

"Up for sale is my M.

What can I say, it's practically a new still after all this time sitting mostly unused and not seeing sun or harsh weather.

One owner.
Late 40's driver, never launched, always garaged.
This is a genuine 2015 manufactured date car.
Regularly serviced by BMW Townsville: Last two service dates 28/02/2020 & May 2019 mandatory updates performed at the same time.

Doesn't sit for too long, there is usually a small trip around the block or post office once in a while to ensure it gets a run.
No Mods at all.
ECONOMICAL PERFORMANCE
Approx 2/3 of the emissions of the previous model E92 with improved performance. Engine Start/Stop at lights...
NO FINANCE ON CAR
LIST PRICE LESS $1 FOR EVERY KM ON THE ODOMETER"

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
87k 94 A Cord?

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/cto/d/washington-honda-accord-ex-87k-miles/7236652776.html

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Mahatma-Squid posted:

Doesn't sit for too long, there is usually a small trip around the block or post office once in a while to ensure it gets a run.

Ah got it, worse than sitting. Cool.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A running, as-new 2010 car with just 30k miles for like 600? What could be wrong?

Oh. So I'd have to fedex parts at $100/kg, but if otoh if nothing major blows up until the next post-covid banger rally, seems like a pretty good idea if I can get it registered here.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

1995 Ford Probe · Coupe · Driven 10,000 kilometers [manual 5spd]

Looking for a ford probe or a mx6 or mx3 with the klde engine swap anyone knows of any please inbox me

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

opengl128 posted:

Ah got it, worse than sitting. Cool.
Can you elaborate? I always thought that's what you were meant to do with an unused car.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Slugworth posted:

Can you elaborate? I always thought that's what you were meant to do with an unused car.

You're supposed to get it up to temperature, think a 20+ minute drive rather than around the block.
Doing that just means you're stressing the engine under a bunch of short tiny trips, which is hard on cars. Same reason you don't floor it right when you cold-start a car, get it up to temp first. Doesn't mean your coolant (and your temp gauge), it means the block gets as hot as it is supposed to, the oil is fligning around and all your pumps and valves and seals are doing their thing. That takes time, sometimes even more time if it's a big V8 or diesel or something. A trip around the block doesn't do anything good.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

KakerMix posted:

You're supposed to get it up to temperature, think a 20+ minute drive rather than around the block.
Doing that just means you're stressing the engine under a bunch of short tiny trips, which is hard on cars. Same reason you don't floor it right when you cold-start a car, get it up to temp first. Doesn't mean your coolant (and your temp gauge), it means the block gets as hot as it is supposed to, the oil is fligning around and all your pumps and valves and seals are doing their thing. That takes time, sometimes even more time if it's a big V8 or diesel or something. A trip around the block doesn't do anything good.
It can idle up to temperature and then go around the block. And it'll be fine

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
The oil, block, and exhaust system all should get to full temperature to burn everything off the catalytic converter and evaporate condensation and unburnt fuel. Cats these days are much better at heating up quickly, but oil dilution from unburnt fuel is still an issue if the car never gets all the way up to temp.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Nitrox posted:

It can idle up to temperature and then go around the block. And it'll be fine

If you've ever had a car with a real oil temperature gauge you'd know that you're never getting your oil up to temperature in a reasonable amount of time by idling. The coolant can be at a full 190F or whatever and oil could barely be 100F.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

opengl128 posted:

If you've ever had a car with a real oil temperature gauge you'd know that you're never getting your oil up to temperature in a reasonable amount of time by idling. The coolant can be at a full 190F or whatever and oil could barely be 100F.

Cars with dry sump or “dry sump” oil systems can take even longer. It would take fully ten plus minutes to get the entire oil quantity of my Z06 up to temp.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Um, this used to be a dream car for me, I have always loved the styling of the 2002.

This one is in the free section of craigslist, and will be scrapped at the end of the day tomorrow if no one takes it.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/zip/d/san-francisco-1974-bmw-2002/7239676066.html

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
DO IT.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it might be radioactive too, which is a fun bonus

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Hmm
Hmmm

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
You will also need a transmission, complete wire harness with ECU and a number of other, very important items that will require fabrication to install. Like radiator and houses, duel pump and lines, exhaust and header, dashboard or at least an s2000 cluster. Oh, and repairing all the rust in that "free" car

But if you buy an S2000 right now, you'll have a better car that is ready to drive. Drive much better than hacked up 2002 with ancient suspension. And you'll probably spend less money.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 1, 2020

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

poo poo I'm not going to do it, I'm nowhere near the bay area. I was just giving ideas.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I'm not sure I understand the appeal of using the F20C for motor swaps when the K20 and K24 engines exist and cost like 1/4th as much

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Hermsgervørden posted:

Um, this used to be a dream car for me, I have always loved the styling of the 2002.

This one is in the free section of craigslist, and will be scrapped at the end of the day tomorrow if no one takes it.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/zip/d/san-francisco-1974-bmw-2002/7239676066.html

Um, did they just confess to a crime in that listing?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

good point, doesn't the VIN have to stay with the chassis?

parked on the weird island in the middle of the bay for years, VIN transferred to another car, was this thing part of some crime spree years ago?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

bawfuls posted:

good point, doesn't the VIN have to stay with the chassis?

parked on the weird island in the middle of the bay for years, VIN transferred to another car, was this thing part of some crime spree years ago?

It's supposed to, or at least a significant chunk of the chassis/body. Definitions vary depending on jurisdiction, but usually remaining attached to the majority of the original cowl and/or firewall is sufficient.
Probably not a crime spree per se - lots of hobbyists think it's perfectly fine to transfer a "good" (meaning: registerable) VIN to a better shell. I don't see a particular problem as long as the VIN isn't for a rare or desirable car being transferred to a base model or something, but the government takes a dim view of the practice due to its relationship to auto theft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

Hermsgervørden posted:

Oh sweet jesus. I would have made a track-only car out of that, Lemons car, something. Treasure Island during the week would have been a huge bitch for me but drat, FREE!