Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
TOP FLIGHT VS THE HYBRID 2 15 18.99%
SHIDA VS JAY 7 8.86%
B&B VS 2/3S OF DEATH TRIANGLE 15 18.99%
IC VS SCU 1 1.27%
HANGMAN VS SILVER 41 51.90%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1331783999866499073

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 11/25 via FWOnline.com

quote:

Hangman Page defeated John "4" Silver

Before the match, a video played where it was revealed that Evil Uno personally requested the match because the Dark Order likes Page. Silver predicted that he'd win.

This was Page's first match since Full Gear. The Dark Order joined Silver for his entrance, but he had no second for the match.

Page took control at the start with a shoulder block and a slam. Silver fought back with an armdrag and a dropkick before flexing in Page's face. Page flattened him with a forearm smash. They traded chops in the corner before Page tossed Silver with a massive back body drop.

Silver continued the mind games with a spank. Page went for a springboard kick, but Silver cut him off and landed a diving crossbody for two. Silver laid in kicks and stopped Page's comeback with a back elbow. They traded strikes yet again before Silver transitioned into a German suplex bridge for two.

Page avoided a corner attack and hit a springboard clothesline. Both men avoided dives, but the second pescado attempt from Page landed on the outside. Back in, Page hit a sliding lariat for two. Silver fought out and went for another crossbody, but Page turned it into a Samoan drop and hit a running shooting star press for a near fall.

Silver countered the Buckshot Lariat into a hurricanrana before hitting a cool flurry of offense, concluding with a brainbuster, for a good near fall. He laid in more kicks, but Page absorbed the punishment and fired up with forearms. Silver hit another kick combination but was met with a crushing lariat. Page followed it up with a Liger Bomb for two, before nailing the Buckshot Lariat for three.

That was an excellent opener. It came across like a combination of their respective Full Gear matches.

After the match, the Dark Order came out. Page was ready for a fight, but Uno said that they weren't here to jump him. Uno compared the Elite to a cult and said that the Dark Order was here for Page, essentially offering him a spot in the group.

Kenny Omega was interviewed by Alex Marvez. Asked about his thoughts on Moxley's beatdown during the contract signing, Omega recalled that one year ago, he was nursing injuries from the Moxley match. The difference now is that Moxley is being called the "best in the world." The common thread that binds Moxley and Omega is the AEW World Championship, and until Omega gets the belt, people won't consider him to be the best.

Omega implored Moxley to leave the garbage wrestling at home, challenging him to beat him based on his wrestling ability. He brought up Moxley's promo about his father last week, and said that his own father would "beat the sh*t" out of Moxley's.

A Darby Allin video aired. He set fire to a car and posed with the TNT championship.

Before the match, Taz joined commentary.

Powerhouse Hobbs defeated Lee Johnson

Will Hobbs is now Powerhouse Hobbs. He also has new gear, a singlet that is very similar to what Taz wore as a wrestler. Hobbs easily dispatched Johnson to the floor and taunted the ringside wrestlers. Back in the ring, Hobbs hit a falling powerslam for the squash victory.

Taz grabbed a microphone and told Hobbs to go celebrate. He complained that the FTW championship is not officially recognized by AEW and said that he wouldn't leave until the title meant something. Taz continued to complain until his microphone was cut off before demanding that Justin Roberts give him his microphone.

Cody Rhodes, with his producer's headset on, walked out. He said that Taz was wasting time and announced that next week Hobbs and Ricky Starks would face Cody and Darby Allin. Taz said that wasn't enough. Cody agreed to talk to his superiors about it, but Taz goaded him with references to WWE corporate speak. That pissed off Cody, who asked Taz why Taz's son was training with Cody.

Taz dropped the microphone and told Cody that he had gone too far. He looked like he was walking off, but turned back around and choked Cody out with the Taz-mission. The Nightmare Family made the save, then Taz's son appeared and walked off with his father.

I have no idea where it leads, but that was an incredibly entertaining segment. Everyone played their part, but Taz in particular was fantastic.

Eddie Kingston was interviewed by Marvez. He was asked about the reformation of the Death Triangle. Kingston said he's not mad, just really disappointed. He expected this from Fénix and PAC, but not Penta.

Jon Moxley interrupted and stared him down. Kingston said that the backstage attack wasn't him, and Moxley walked off.

The Hybrid2 (Jack Evans & Angélico) defeated Top Flight (Darius Martin & Daunte Martin)

They played clips from TH2's appearance on Britt Baker's Waiting Room show from Dark, which set up this match. Top Flight's signing was announced earlier this week. This was a good showcase match with a couple sloppy moments.

Angélico and Darius started off. Angélico tried for some grappling, but Darius cartwheeled out of it, continuing to match Angélico's chain wrestling. Daunte tagged in and Top Flight hit a double team. Angélico cut off Daunte's leapfrogs with a kick, allowing TH2 to take control throughout the commercial break.

Daunte hit a roundhouse kick, buying him enough time to reach Darius for the hot tag. Darius ran wild on both opponents, concluding with a missile dropkick for two. They got a bit lost on a Daunte hot tag, but they eventually hit an assisted spinebuster before Angélico broke up the cover.

Evans looked for a German suplex on the apron, but Darius sent him to the floor. Darius hit a tope suicida immediately followed by a Daunte tope con hilo on both of the TH2. Back in the ring, Daunte hit a top-rope splash for a close near fall. Angélico made a blind tag as Evans sort of missed a springboard moonsault for two.

Angélico set up for a Razor's Edge onto the turnbuckle, but Daunte turned it into a Code Red. Evans took out Darius on the floor as Angélico locked on the Navarro Death Roll, forcing Daunte to submit.

TH2 kept up the beatdown after the match, but the Young Bucks ran out and sent them packing.

Vickie Guerrero spoke with Nyla Rose behind her. Guerrero said that she would tell a lesson in nepotism, referring to Brandi Rhodes. She said that she wasn't the one who told Jade Cargill to attack Brandi last week.

An FTR video package aired. Flanked by Tully Blanchard, they said that even though their Full Gear match won a ton of accolades, that doesn't mean anything, because they lost. They maintain that they are the best tag team in the world. Tully said that the championships remain FTR's destiny, and told the Young Bucks to fear the revelation.

Chris Jericho & Jake Hager (w/ the Inner Circle) defeated SCU (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian)

The entire Inner Circle (Santana, Ortiz, Sammy Guevara, MJF, and Wardlow) was out with Jericho and Hager. The main story behind the match is that Jericho and Daniels have wrestled a combined 58 years and yet have never faced off, so they started off.

Daniels got the advantage and tagged in Kazarian, but Jericho escaped to Hager, who beat down Kazarian in the corner. The Inner Circle kept up their beatdown with frequent tags. Kazarian used a series of strikes to escape for the hot tag.

After Daniels ran wild, Ortiz tripped him when the official wasn't looking. Kazarian argued with the official while the rest of the Inner Circle beat down Daniels on the outside. They kept up the attack during the commercial break. A Complete Shot on Jericho allowed Daniels to reach Kazarian for another hot tag.

Kazarian took down both opponents and landed a springboard moonsault on Jericho for two. Ortiz hopped up on the apron, so Kazarian knocked him off and sort of hit a slingshot hurricanrana. The distraction looked to provide an opening for Jericho, but Daniels tagged in and hit a stomp. There was a visible video cut after Daniels' stomp.

Hager tagged in and leveled Daniels with a lariat, but Daniels hit a diving flatliner. He nailed the Best Moonsault Ever, but Jericho broke up the pin. With the official distracted, MJF punched Daniels with the Dynamite diamond ring, allowing Jericho to hit the Judas Effect for the pin.

Kazarian laid out MJF after the match, but the Inner Circle was too much for SCU. Jericho grabbed Kazarian, looking for MJF to hit him with the ring, but Scorpio Sky ran out with a chair for the save.

Miro and Kip Sabian were with Penelope Ford to debut their new video game segment. Orange Cassidy walked up and Miro snapped, but the Best Friends were outside. Both teams brawled, and the Best Friends powerbombed Sabian into a port-a-john. Miro knocked down the camera to end the segment.

The Dynamite Diamond Battle Royal was announced for next week.

AEW World Championship contract signing: Jon Moxley vs. Kenny Omega

Omega posed behind the backlit screen as usual for his entrance, but Moxley attacked, which was a cool visual. In the ring, Moxley hit a Paradigm Shift onto the championship.

Moxley took a microphone and said that whoever Omega hired to attack him last week did a bad job, because he's still here. He said that the only way that Omega could become champion would be through digging down deep and being the Omega that everyone thinks he can be. Moxley actively started promoting the match and said that "winter is coming" for Omega. He told Omega to steady his aim and take his shot, because he's only going to get one. Moxley thanked Tony and signed the contract.

Moxley was great here as usual but the lack of a true face-to-face ahead of "the biggest match in Dynamite history" is puzzling.

Jericho was supposed to be interviewed, but MJF immediately took the microphone, calling Kazarian a coward for sucker punching him. Jericho said that the Inner Circle's fun and games are done and announced that he would face Kazarian next week.

A really good video package aired ahead of the women's championship match, helping it come across like a big deal. Jay discussed her lack of experience and how she's being trained in judo by Tay Conti. Shida said that her knee is fine and challenged Jay to find more heart.

AEW Women's Championship: Hikaru Shida (c) defeated Anna Jay (w/ Tay Conti)

Jay's Dark Order compatriots John Silver, Alan "5" Angels, and Preston "10" Vance came out on the ramp before the match. The match was good but they used a lot of smoke and mirrors to make it seem like Jay had a chance.

They had a shoving match right away. Jay immediately went for the Queenslayer sleeper, but Shida escaped and hit a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker and a dropkick. Jay evaded a knee on the floor and drove Shida into the barricade. She targeted Shida's injured right knee during the break.

Jay kicked Shida off the turnbuckle with the Dangerous Jay kick before demanding a chair from Conti. The official took the chair but Silver gave Jay a kendo stick. Jay domed Shida with it for a great near fall.

Shida escaped out of the Queenslayer and hit a stratjacket German and a forearm smash for a near fall. She then hit the Tamashii for the win.

After the match, Abadon made her return and took the championship.

A delusional Matt Hardy called himself the most influential trailblazer in wrestling. Now that he's overcome his insurmountable odds, us at home can overcome our pedestrian challenges.

Team Taz (without Taz) spoke. Starks said that Cody crossed the line tonight. They all respect Taz, but Cody's paper-thin ego keeps getting in the way. Before today, it was all business, but now, it's personal.

The Butcher & The Blade (w/ The Bunny) defeated PAC & Fénix (w/ Penta El Zero Miedo)

Eddie Kingston was on commentary for this match. This was a fun brawl, but the match layout was a bit odd, with the heels, Butcher and Blade, working from underneath through the commercial break.

PAC and Fénix dominated right away and hit dives. PAC went for the Black Arrow too quickly and Butcher popped up as he and Blade took control. They tried to isolate PAC, who fought out and tagged in Fénix. Death Triangle took turns attacking Blade, but PAC got cocky and allowed him to fight back. They had a strike exchange which Blade won with a lariat.

Fénix and Butcher, neither of whom were the legal man, had a battle in the ring. Butcher took out Fénix but was met with a big move from PAC, leading to all four men being down. During the break, PAC distracted the official as Penta beat down Butcher on the floor.

Butcher cut off Fénix and landed a knee drop for two. He and Blade isolated Fénix until Fénix hit a handspring cutter, buying him enough time to reach PAC.

PAC tagged in and hit kicks on both opponents. He nailed a Northern Lights suplex bridge on Blade for a near fall. Blade avoided a shooting star press and tagged in Butcher, who leveled PAC with a lariat for a near fall. Butcher and Blade hit more double teams, concluding with a doctor bomb, but Fénix broke up the pin attempt with a dropkick.

Fénix made a blind tag and they took out Blade. Kingston ran down to the ring and distracted the official, allowing Butcher and Blade to hit a powerbomb neckbreaker combination for the win.

The Family continued their attack after the match. Kingston DDTed PAC onto a chair twice. Lance Archer ran out with Jake Roberts trailing and took out the entire Family. He tried for a chokeslam on Kingston, but Butcher broke it up. Fénix popped up and The Family was sent packing.

Archer posed on the turnbuckle and jawed with Kingston to close the show.
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1331795452967129089

News
Top Flight are all Elite!
The Young Bucks book is out with lots of details on the formation of AEW. They also did an interview on WOR where Nick talked about not even wanting to talk to Tony when he reached out to them where Matt wanted to at least take a call.
HOOK IS ALL ELITE?

Upcoming Schedule

NEXT DYNAMITE
WINTER IS COMING
KENNY VS MOXLEY
CODY AND DARBY VS POWERHOUSE AND RICKY
THE DYNAMITE DIAMOND BATTLE ROYAL
JERICHO VS KAZARIAN
BAKER VS HIRSCH

Links
Rankings: https://www.allelitewrestling.com/rankings
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling
Sammy Vlog: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZaULt2xcbJZvXEp0uP8TA

Your Second BTE Champion

Your Fourth "For The Win" Champion, Brian Cage

Your Fourth TNT Champion:

Your Fourth AEW Tag Team Champions

Your Third AEW Women's World Champion:
https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1278512415475412992

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to not have his title belt stolen at Longhorn Steakhouse

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

gimme Archer vs Butcher or gimme death

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

everybody diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies~

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tonight was a great show but I spent 90 minutes being distracted by Joey Styles screaming at me how THAT HOLD IS BANNED IN JUDO.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I was the Number One Poster this week. I demand to be put in the OP!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

on a side note i really liked the MMA style Name = Gear Color graphic

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

there is some optical effect occurring here that melts my melon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alaois posted:

everybody diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies~

So loving glad the music is back

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

drat but I love Kenny trying to do his polite heel thing on Moxley and Moxley just beating the poo poo out of him for it

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Moxley is just one of the best promos in wrestling now, isn't he? So consistently lights a fire. He's always excited for the chance to beat someone up.

Also, Anna Jay looked great out there. I said in some other thread that she's at least at a point where Shida could carry her to a decent match, but that was downright great! Granted, Shida does deserve a good share of the credit, she sold like a boss for everything Jay did to her. But they clicked really well. (And Jay returned the favor by being just knocked dead by the flying knee.)

Really fun show top to bottom, no real complaints.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That show was great but all I can think is ABADON, gently caress YEAH

Also good guy evil uno has something to say

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1331761045078216704

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Alaois posted:

It's really good for people not really into wrestling that are just checking the show out.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

Similarly I noticed they spruced up the Dark results graphic just a little, winners names are highlighted in gold. Again a very modern-sports-TV touch, well appreciated.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Taz and Compressed Taz are going to run roughshod on AEW

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

18 months, Mox? Really?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tazz’s adult large son.

Counter programming my goodness!!!!!!!!!!! WWE did it first!!!!!!

gently caress

Just kidding, amazing show. Gonna watch again and let some moments sink in. Tonight was FIRE!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That was a great Dynamite but I watched A Shot of Brandi after it and now all I can think about is whether Sammy Guevara is on all the drugs or just mentally a 10 year old.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

18 months, Mox? Really?

Look he got Yano'd alright? It doesnt count when you lose to god.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Anna Jay at 9 professional matches: Rookie
Anna Jay at 16 professional matches: Capable of having a loving banger with Shida.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

That was a great Dynamite but I watched A Shot of Brandi after it and now all I can think about is whether Sammy Guevara is on all the drugs or just mentally a 10 year old.

He's stoned out of his loving mind.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I missed the Baker/Hirsch match announcement during the show, but god that match will rule too. Next week is going to be insane

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vince MechMahon posted:

He's stoned out of his loving mind.

I only watched the first 2 minutes and got bored but I got far enough that Brandi talked about how he's a teetotaller. You guys are making it sound like he doesn't drink because it will gently caress with everything else he has in his system. Should probably watch the rest of that ep.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I don't know why tyler Hook senerchia didnt choose to go by his lacrosse nickname, GOOCH

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eddie snaking his way through the brawl was splendid.

ChrisBTY posted:

I only watched the first 2 minutes and got bored but I got far enough that Brandi talked about how he's a teetotaller. You guys are making it sound like he doesn't drink because it will gently caress with everything else he has in his system. Should probably watch the rest of that ep.

It's worth it. He doesn't drink but he's either not sober or playing the biggest idiot child

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

I've known dudes who only smoke weed and don't drink at all. I assume Sammy is one.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
great dynamite. the whole show was wonderful. I usually watch certain matches or promos again after they've aired but I might just watch this whole show again. no wasted time.

anna jay has improved dramatically. she was really great tonight.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sammy’s a dude who is also like, high on life. There’s insanely old interviews of him that show this. Just how he’s livin’!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Huntman posted:

I missed the Baker/Hirsch match announcement during the show, but god that match will rule too. Next week is going to be insane

I missed it on the show too but saw the tweets and then forgot to include it in the OP.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

TEAM TAZ

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its less the "high on life" stuff with Sammy and more just his complete and total lack of impulse control.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So who jumped Mox? Cause I'm convinced it wasn't Kenny.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Its less the "high on life" stuff with Sammy and more just his complete and total lack of impulse control.

Oh.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It was KENTA 🙏

E: drat right

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Eddie's downfall is going to be loving with Toney S.

Only Doctor Britt Baker DMD can gently caress with Toney S.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's hard to think about Dynamite "leveling up" because the quality has been so high from the jump, but I do think they've got more high-quality storylines in motion right now than they ever have.

"Hectic and energetic" is the ideal vibe for a wrestling show and things are firing on all cylinders up and down the card

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The way Archer crossbodied himself and the Blade in the ring was a thing of beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Vince MechMahon posted:

It was

It was

Kurrigan