Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Derpies

by sebmojo
Hey Yobbers.

Want your opinion on S Tier Thanksgiving Sides. Just one post per person and try not to repeat since for everyone responsible this is a smal tukeyn day.

I am gonna snipe the obvious

MASHED MOTHA FUCKIN PO TAY TOES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

that sweet potato marshmallow goodness

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I like to make stuffing with wild mushrooms.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Derpies

by sebmojo

Macnult posted:

that sweet potato marshmallow goodness

Wife is in charge of sweet potats and hates the mushroom stuff (which kills me inside).

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Derpies

by sebmojo

How Wonderful! posted:

I like to make stuffing with wild mushrooms.

I have to pick stuffing and shrooms supplies up tomorrow so hoping the best on that.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Goons Are Gifts

Tacos.
Sorry I have no idea about Thanksgiving but I learned that tacos work with everything

Escape From Noise

Gravy

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

The Walrus Cancer

If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees.
Rice: No meal, not even thanksgiving, is complete without it.

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Cranberry sauce. The jiggly poo poo from the can *and* home made goodness. There's no having one without the other.

Horrible Butts
It's that mac and cheese the whole time.
All dinner keep it on my plate and eat more mac and cheese.

https://giant.gfycat.com/sillyremorsefuldipper.webm
Thank you Prof. Crocodile for the fun festive winter sig!
Arcane gob born of Khanstant's goblin gumball machine!

Prof. Crocodile

s-tier stands for "stuffing tier" imho. all the others sides are mere serfs in stuffing's kingdom.

Manifisto

there is a particular recipe for green beans with butter, fresh ginger, and lemon zest that is absolutely amazing. there is a variation with garlic as well and I haven't tried it but I bet it's good. the key is that the beans are cooked until just tender then plunged into ice water to stop the cooking, then the cooled beans are added to the remaining ingredients right at the end. this means the beans don't keep cooking in residual heat which will make them mealy and soggy.

hard to hate a good dressing, or a good mushroom gravy

ty nesamdoom!

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
cranberry sauce is S-tier alright......SCAM tier

gimme da pumpkin pie

vanisher

"Flour tortillas or corn?" I ask my increasingly disturbed relatives

vanisher

Let us give thanks for this fine tableside prepared guacamole and chips

Khanstant
cylinder of the sweet bitter red goop

Derpies

by sebmojo
Gonna mainline some gravy today

xcheopis

Rolls, with butter and gravy

super sweet best pal

Green beans, steamed and drenched in butter

How Wonderful!

vanisher posted:

"Flour tortillas or corn?" I ask my increasingly disturbed relatives

You joke but I think sweet potato enchiladas are a very honorable choice for a vegetarian Thanksgiving main dish, after years of trying to make myself like fake turkey cutlets and stuff I'm so happy I've just done what I normally do about a problem and just make enchiladas.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
a big, ol butt

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Heather Papps

hello friend

7 up salad, cats and kittens. 7 up salad.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

google THIS

salmon soup :evilbuddy:

google THIS

Real tank though, my wife's corn pudding

SIDS Vicious

rutabaga

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
loose green bean casserole in my voluminous jnco pockets

more falafel please

forums poster

How Wonderful! posted:

You joke but I think sweet potato enchiladas are a very honorable choice for a vegetarian Thanksgiving main dish, after years of trying to make myself like fake turkey cutlets and stuff I'm so happy I've just done what I normally do about a problem and just make enchiladas.

i would love to know what other problems have been solved by enchiladas in the past, so I can prepare to use enchiladas to solve them in the future

also the answer is stuffing. don't stuff it in the bird though. make stock (ideally from the turkey, if you're spatchcocking or cooking in parts use the backbone and the neck, roast them first with some s/p and maybe a light coat of oil, and once they're done make stock with them. google for how to make stock with turkey leavings) but you can do the same thing with chicken. use that stock (make sure it's seasoned with kosher salt) to make your stuffing and just throw it in the oven while the turkey is resting.

restaurant food is just home food except they know a couple more techniques that you could learn, and they use a lot of fat and a lot of salt, and they use stock made from actual animals. also they use shallots

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Jinh

Glutes Are Great posted:

Tacos.
Sorry I have no idea about Thanksgiving but I learned that tacos work with everything

Not wrong
https://www.tacobell.com/blog/how-to-make-the-crunchy-taco-shepherds-pie-from-taco-bells-8th-annual-friendsgiving

How Wonderful!

more falafel please posted:

i would love to know what other problems have been solved by enchiladas in the past, so I can prepare to use enchiladas to solve them in the future

1.) Depression
2.) Anxiety
3.) Hungry
4.) Relationship troubles (romance dinner)
5.) Too many beans
6.) Too many tortillas
7.) Baking dish looks lonely
8.) Somebody in the house hollaring for enchiladas
9.) Leak in the ceiling/wall, enchilada-sized
10.) Too much cheese
11.) Busy week and you gotta have easy leftovers
12.) Got to impress the boss at dinner-time and the boss loves enchiladas
13.) [unlucky]
14.) Problems at the enchilada shrine/angry enchilada deity
15.) Flotation device if you are a mouse
16.) Too much enchilada sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA

Corn casserole