Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That 2-seam still looks nice. Would be a good PR move by the new Mets ownership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Popete posted:

That 2-seam still looks nice. Would be a good PR move by the new Mets ownership.

No way I’m betting against Bartolo being able to function as a long-relief/spot-start guy.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Bring back the Expos for one year so Bartolo can retire with them.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

IMO Bartolo should come to the Jays if the Mets don't sign him. Then we can add another big sexy lad to our team of chonky boys and trade him to the Mets at the deadline so he can retire as a Met. 2021 would be better with Bartolo playing

As much as I am pro beefy lad on the team, I am very anti beefy dad, so I hope this doesn't happen.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Sydin posted:

Bring back the Expos

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Actually let Bartolo stay retired since like most goons he's a fat out of shape loser who can't pitch or hit

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I honestly agree, bartolo obsession is epic bacon Reddit poo poo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mexican news says Arozarena was let go from the 48-hour DV hold today due to lack of evidence.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/_beewilly/status/1331608983757533185?s=20

https://twitter.com/_beewilly/status/1331613460761817089?s=20

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

He can be last up against the wall I guess.

idontpoast
Jul 10, 2020

by Athanatos

GalacticAcid posted:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Actually let Bartolo stay retired since like most goons he's a fat out of shape loser who can't pitch or hit

Now I know I am 100% right in wanting to see Bartolo pitch more in the MLB.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I enjoy watching bartolo pitch from a technical perspective, his mechanics are still incredible and I imagine he can throw the baseball in a coffee cup more times than not

also I want to see a guy who throws nothing but mid-80s fastballs be a passable major league pitcher

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/yucatanahora/status/1332028412349837312

Arozarena released with no charges, the video is his lawyer saying there wasn't enough evidence to press anything.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

I enjoy watching bartolo pitch from a technical perspective, his mechanics are still incredible and I imagine he can throw the baseball in a coffee cup more times than not

also I want to see a guy who throws nothing but mid-80s fastballs be a passable major league pitcher

Yeah basically this. Plus it would just be cool to see a 49 year old pitcher still going in the majors.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Btw happy thanksgiving everybody - even the Cubs, Cardinals, Reds, and Brewers fans!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GalacticAcid posted:

Btw happy thanksgiving everybody - even the Cubs, Cardinals, Reds, and Brewers fans!

Thank you, have a happy Thanksgiving yourself.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

bewbies posted:

Let me tell you about Kyle Hendricks

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Popete posted:

Yeah basically this. Plus it would just be cool to see a 49 year old pitcher still going in the majors.

Anyone older than me is a-ok at this point.

I'm so old I remember people making a deal out of Steve Avery being the first MLB player born in the 70's.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

GalacticAcid posted:

Hey same to you!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I am thankful for our dumb little corner of the internet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am thankful that Bartolo Colon is not currently signed to a major league roster

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
God, my baseball headspace is so trapped in my childhood that it still takes me a second to remember that Bartolo Colon had a career and is not just a guy who pitched for the Cleveland Indians.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I still can’t believe Bartolo played for the White Sox. I hardly remember him and I watched and went to a ton of games back then. He must not have been fun, beefy Bart yet. Or that was right around the time he got popped for steroids

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Reiche posted:

I still can’t believe Bartolo played for the White Sox. I hardly remember him and I watched and went to a ton of games back then. He must not have been fun, beefy Bart yet. Or that was right around the time he got popped for steroids

Bartolo Colon liteally disappeared from the White Sox and no one could find him

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

This is a dumb take, nobody is obsessed.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Does “infatuation” pass your pedantic muster?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Bartolo deniers are cops

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

gently caress all billionaires, but this is nice to hear

now give bartolo a 5 year deal

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

Bartolo deniers are cops

I will accept Bartolo when he returns the Cy he stole from Johan

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My favourite Bartolo memory was when he threw 38 consecutive strikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0vlHHwvpPU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I remember Bartolo the hot young rookie for the Indians and him still pitching effectively decades later is a delight that I think we're owed after the last few years.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bewbies posted:

I had a friend in high school who made it to AAA in the Royals system as a pitcher. He was a submariner and his nickname was "Disco Hayes" because his pitches never got out of the 70s. He actually had a very popular MLB blog for a while because he was super into sabermetrics right as the whole Moneyball thing started. In high school, I knew him much more for being the star of the chess team rather than the baseball team. He pitched with JA Happ at Northwestern and graduated with a computer science degree before heading to the minors.

Shiroc posted:

I remember Bartolo the hot young rookie for the Indians and him still pitching effectively decades later is a delight that I think we're owed after the last few years.

I remember being super impressed with him still being able to throw triple-digit fastballs in the 7th inning as a rookie.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/blogTO/status/1332330724561743882

Just implode it now and keep the Jays in Buffalo for a couple years while it's being built - there won't be minor league ball in 2021 anyway

Also to remind y'all:

quote:

Bartolo Colón of the Buffalo Bisons threw the only no-hitter in Sahlen Field history in June 1997 against the New Orleans Zephyrs, sealing a 4–0 win.

Bring the big man home

MorrisBae fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 27, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

MorrisBae posted:

https://twitter.com/blogTO/status/1332330724561743882

Just implode it now and keep the Jays in Buffalo for a couple years while it's being built - there won't be minor league ball in 2021 anyway

Also to remind y'all:

Bring the big man home
Can they put the roof storage on the south side this time so you gets nice view of the Toronto skyline from the main grandstand?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/scuriiosa/status/1332485518643367941?s=21

Lol I love this book cover

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

In addition to looking like a terrible salad, overnight is not 24 hours

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Apparently the Jays fired Mike Wilner. No reason was given. I never found him particularly great at calling games, though I have fond memories of the mid-late 2000s and him yelling at terrible post-game callers.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The Braves had at least two cookbooks in the 1990s. I have them somewhere.

Jeff Blauser had a recipe for warmed up pizza in the first. If I remember correctly, the complete instructions were:

No preparation necessary
Heating optional

idontpoast
Jul 10, 2020

by Athanatos

lol american recipes are so loving disgusting. 1/3 cup of sugar? in a salad?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
This might shock you but every country has at least one disgusting as gently caress recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

idontpoast posted:

lol american recipes are so loving disgusting. 1/3 cup of sugar? in a salad?

It's a midwest thing. Cover anything in sugar, mayonnaise, cool whip, etc and call it a salad.