Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Some Goon posted:

+1 complaint about mushipies being too hard to get. Hopefully the age old method of 'complaining on the internet' works and I'll get that forest wall.

Yeah, for mushroom recipes I'm now only missing the parasol (which I really want) and the umbrella. However, I've started getting nothing but duplicates now. I've found 3 of the maple pond stone now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Diving for critters is so monotonous. I've been doing this for half an hour and still haven't found the one mussel I need. But I have so many turban shells and sea slugs. :(

Edit: gently caress it, imma go play Dark Souls

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 26, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I shot down five balloons today. Pointless furniture in them all. Argh! Event was fun, though!

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
Do the villagers give you any any ingredients other than manilla clams? Can I make them stop by carrying around clams.
Maybe the internet complaints gods will smile on me

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
My husband got fish and the crab needed for the special ingredient from villagers. He just went and spoke with them while carrying fish and they traded.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I managed to catch everything I needed for myself, which is nice. It's a bit weird that the four dishes were pumpkin pie and three seafood things, though. I know one of them has mushrooms in it, but I was expecting an actual mushroom dish, and maybe a drink made from your native fruit or something. I like the furniture set though, the harvest festival vibe is nice.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Yeah, they give all sorts of stuff. We have gotten mushrooms, flounder, and something else I'm forgetting.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Diving for critters is so monotonous. I've been doing this for half an hour and still haven't found the one mussel I need. But I have so many turban shells and sea slugs. :(

Edit: gently caress it, imma go play Dark Souls

You should try talking with the amateur villager cooks more. They can help!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

poo poo I'm still trying to get candy for Halloween.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

yippeekiyaymf posted:

My husband got fish and the crab needed for the special ingredient from villagers. He just went and spoke with them while carrying fish and they traded.

I was just wondering that, since the last special ingredient I need is a crab from diving.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Black Robe posted:

I managed to catch everything I needed for myself, which is nice. It's a bit weird that the four dishes were pumpkin pie and three seafood things, though. I know one of them has mushrooms in it, but I was expecting an actual mushroom dish, and maybe a drink made from your native fruit or something. I like the furniture set though, the harvest festival vibe is nice.

Yeah, I was quite surprised I wasn't called on to leverage my extensive orchards and coconut groves. Still, I had a blast with this event. I went in blind, and had a bunch of fun getting everything together. I loved the little cooking scenes, and seeing the villagers all stoked for the meals. And I'm *always* down for seeing them do that stompy happy-happy walk :3:

Edit: And then I go into resident services, and see Tom poring over paperwork while Isabelle dozes in her chair. While everyone outside is having the time of their gastronomic lives :smith:

magimix fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 26, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I got all the maple leaf recipes except the colored-leaves floor, oh well. I also still need the Mush Wall and Mushroom Wand.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

poo poo I'm still trying to get candy for Halloween.

I have tons in storage if you need any

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
I can't believe I spent so much time swimming yesterday to gather ingredients. It's so easy getting them from villagers!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Falstaff posted:

You should try talking with the amateur villager cooks more. They can help!

I did six or so fetch quests and they all gave me pumpkins.

Edit: beat the smelter demon, came back and finished the event. Caught everything I needed right in a row. Go figure.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 26, 2020

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Did you show up with fish in your inventory? Did a sweep of the beach and traded useless horse mackerels for ingredients.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Marina demanded a turban shell for her secrets. Spent an hour trying to find one. When I finally did the villagers had reset and her house was locked. All Stinky required was a sea bass :negative:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Well, Turkey Day is a good, fun, and chill event! I didn't look up anything beforehand and it was super easy to go around talking to people, figuring everything out.

A++ event. I had a blast! More events like this and less like the wedding event, please.

And then I burned a few Nook Mile Tickets to find a replacement for Whitney and stumbled across Zucker! My island already has Marina and Octavian so hell yeah I invited him! Octosquad, assemble!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

-Catches a Barred Knifejaw-
"Ill wait till I have the Dungeoness Crab to turn this in"
-Sells Barred Knifejaw along with other fish to clear space at some point, thinking I had already handed one in-
-Hands in Dungeoness Crab, realizes earlier mistake-

Agh.

e: Funnier still, after another 10-20 minutes of fishing, it dawned on me to double check my storage on the off chance I was keeping some for a model or something. Had 1. DIYs are mine. :toot:

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 26, 2020

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
Mushroom stuff can still drop through the 30th, right?

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
I did a bunch of time traveling for Redd yesterday and bought a bunch of real dupes just for fun, feel free to come by Eigg and pick up some real art. I've also got a couple fakes to the far left that you're welcome to take!

Here's what's on the beach next to the airport (and I'm 99% certain that they're all real. If I hosed it up, I'm sorry)

Common painting
academic painting
proper painting
quaint painting
glowing painting
scenic painting
sinking painting
dynamic painting
perfect painting x2
serene painting
moody painting
worthy painting
Warm paintint

Ancient statue
Mystic statue

Real art is on the righthand side of the patch of beach next to the airport, fakes are to the left of the pyramid.

I don't really need anything, but the only thing missing from my museum is a real tremendous statue. If you've got a dupe I'd appreciate it, but that's not necessary!

Feel free to buy whatever at nook's, take whatever fruit or pumpkins you want. I'll ask that you leave my money trees alone since I think the area looks cool as it is.

I'll likely be AFK but the island should be open for at least the next 3 hours.
Open at closed

Farten Barfen fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 27, 2020

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Fhate posted:

Mushroom stuff can still drop through the 30th, right?

Please please please

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Here is the guide for all the fall recipes

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Turkey Day was adorable. I'm glad Franklin no longer has to live in fear.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I got all the maple leaf recipes except the colored-leaves floor, oh well. I also still need the Mush Wall and Mushroom Wand.

I got the Mushroom Wand recipe from a balloon earlier today if you still need it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I got the Mushroom Wand recipe from a balloon earlier today if you still need it.

Check your PM’s.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

my boy scoot has been cooking horse mackerel all evening

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Reiley posted:

Here is the guide for all the fall recipes

I've seen like 3 of these recipes, you are making this up

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Turkey Day was adorable. I'm glad Franklin no longer has to live in fear.

You wouldn’t believe what others do to celebrate Turkey Day.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Black Robe posted:

I think the seafood is chosen specifically because it's stuff that's in season in both north and southern hemispheres, is weird they don't do anything with the fruit though.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Without online I don't think you can get all the fruit, so I can see them not wanting to gate it.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i think the turkey day event is fun and nice :)

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

An hour of hunting and I've got 1 recipe, complaining on the internet has failed me for the first time. My mush-room will never be complete at this rate.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

It might not be the same, but I have all the mushroom DIYs. If you can't get any of them by the 30th, or whenever you need them, if you can bring me the ingredients I can build whatever you need.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't know why but seeing the animals take pictures of the food made me laugh.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Poque posted:

Without online I don't think you can get all the fruit, so I can see them not wanting to gate it.

You can't, yeah, which is why I said I figured something would use your native fruit. I just thought it odd that a celebration of good harvests wouldn't use most of the harvestable foods in the game :v: If they ever add more vegetables maybe they'll expand Franklin's repertoire a bit.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

someone in the game said the recipes will be for sale tomorrow in the nook store if not gotten tonight

...i think??

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

someone in the game said the recipes will be for sale tomorrow in the nook store if not gotten tonight

...i think??

Franklin Turkey says this too, if you got all the secret ingredients he gives you the recipes as "an advanced copy I was given". The furniture should also show up on that showcase pedestal like the Halloween stuff did until the end of the month.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Turkey Day wallpaper and floor are weird. They're just... Normal? Not a big deal but I had to check to make sure it wasn't a glitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
lol. I was pissed that my villagers had Thanksgiving without me... but going by the stress the people on Reddit seem to be having, it seems like I lucked out.If they're available tomorrow, then I'm just as well. .