Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Stanos posted:

On one hand I still have fun with masquerade but on the other after this I don't think I'll find more joy from it past hitting 999.

nice!

So this just came up:

Oops! Any of you hit the jackpot? :v: (I presume it was too much, and not too little)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Code Jockey posted:

nice!

So this just came up:

Oops! Any of you hit the jackpot? :v: (I presume it was too much, and not too little)

Yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOZ1ohAVZZM&t=259s

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

nice!

So this just came up:

It gave the normal amount of Meseta. The issue is that Elder gives ~100k meseta per run when you boost. NA got incredibly easy Elder triggers with rising weapon badge 1s (and elder dropped rb1s himself), which meant that you could just run Normal difficulty Elder over and over to kill him super quick and get a decent amount of money from nothing.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
It's weird that the site doesn't mention Luster despite mentioning the other two Scion Classes (granted, the other two appeared first) and the two new pets that debuted alongside Luster yet the campaigns are going to reward you with a 15-Star Gunblade and two 13-Star Gunblades with good augments which clearly means that they're preparing people for Luster. I guess it won't be available in the start of Episode 6 and it'll be available in a later date.

Pyro Jack fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 21, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

They give you the gunblade alongside the stuff to type change it into whatever weapon you want and almost everyone picks the gunblade to make Atlas EX with because of the lifeleech S4. It's not for Luster prep.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
unless you're me

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Hivac posted:

unless you're me

:hmmyes:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

We're getting two scion classes with the Episode 6 release huh? Pretty cool.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

OK, I have to remember not to play this at around 6:30 PM EST, because every time, every goddamn time I lose connection to the server and it says everything's undergoing maintenance when I try to log back in. Especially fun if it happens in the middle of Story Mission boss fights! Does anybody else have this problem, or is it just me?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Grimthwacker posted:

OK, I have to remember not to play this at around 6:30 PM EST, because every time, every goddamn time I lose connection to the server and it says everything's undergoing maintenance when I try to log back in. Especially fun if it happens in the middle of Story Mission boss fights! Does anybody else have this problem, or is it just me?

I get disconnected about once a week, but the only time the game has ever told me it is undergoing maintenance outside of scheduled/emergency maintenance is when someone doing construction cut a fiber line in ly building and killed my internet access during an urgent quest. Every other d/c just lets me log back in and takes me to the gate area.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Why isn't this thing working, should be around a 1/5 second window to parry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp782Y8H-Q0

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The Persona UQ is pretty fun (I like the randomness in its forms) but drat does it make apparent who is under geared.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 26, 2020

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Holy poo poo the tier missions are giving out insane amounts of stars :psyduck:

also it's all Normal difficulty lol

I'm going to max out my mission pass real quick this month. I wish I could pay SG to reset it or something.

Also the Road to Episode 6 rewards are nice, I want them units. Plenty of time to meet the requirement, and it's not even a UQ so I can just grind it out in one or two sessions if I wanted.

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Nov 26, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah they doubled the value of them all because it's a two week mission pass.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was thinking of trying PSO2 and am not very smart, what is New Genesis? It seems... Kind of like a sequel that's replacing PSO2 but they're trying to say it isn't...?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

I was thinking of trying PSO2 and am not very smart, what is New Genesis? It seems... Kind of like a sequel that's replacing PSO2 but they're trying to say it isn't...?

They'll coexist and you move between them from within the same executable. They'll be 'different' but your character moves between the two (with different progression), some items come across like clothes and stuff and some of the things like the new charagen and so on will be backported to PSO2.

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsinformation

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah they doubled the value of them all because it's a two week mission pass.

Ohhhh that makes sense.

Also, digging the darker / more visible experience earned indicator during combat (did they also make the damage indicator darker?). Not that I really pay attention to the number, but it looks cool I suppose.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

If you're at the level cap it changes to a cheetos colour, that might be it

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

kirbysuperstar posted:

If you're at the level cap it changes to a cheetos colour, that might be it

That would be it, yep.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
having cap bonuses is really good because it avoids the nightmare of being at level cap in the older games

EXP FULL

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Hypocrisy posted:

The Persona UQ is pretty fun (I like the randomness in its forms) but drat does it make apparent who is under geared.

I couldn’t even tell what was going on half the time, just spammed attacks until he died. It was kind of annoying that when I try to mistreaver (braver) in to attack, it always goes towards the body and I can’t get a lock on his arms.

Also sucks I paid for my remaining goldnia and saphard less than a week ago and now they’re giving it out basically.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Hypocrisy posted:

It’s me, I’m undergeared. I’m still on Nemesis since I had to hiatus for a couple weeks to get my display fixed

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

AweStriker posted:

It’s me, I’m undergeared. I’m still on Nemesis since I had to hiatus for a couple weeks to get my display fixed

I've seen people in XH with Sigmas, Nemesis is a godsend in comparison.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I did VH with my Ivlida bow :kiddo:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

kirbysuperstar posted:

I confess to being that guy during the Episode 4 VR training UQ, but I can't imagine doing that on one of these later boss fights since they already drag on so much.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

I understood everything up to about 12* and am guilty of using nemesis TMGs, only because I don't get how the hell 13+ stuff works. Persona blessed me with a profound ejection with meh augments. Should I grind it up to +35? Looks like Zig will give me the next highest tier tmg in exchange for it plus other items, but I dunno how to get any prerequisite items except the void stones.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think you can buy the other required weapons with Rising Badge 4's (though they come at 30 cap so you'll need a few more to get it to 35 for the Zig transfer).

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think you can buy the other required weapons with Rising Badge 4's (though they come at 30 cap so you'll need a few more to get it to 35 for the Zig transfer).

I know I got 2 of them to drop through the new limited time quest (but by then I'd already bought them all off the AH anyway).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

I know I got 2 of them to drop through the new limited time quest (but by then I'd already bought them all off the AH anyway).

Oh, yeah they'll come from that too.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

I have 2,000 RB4s apparently. Never scrolled down far enough in the list to see the ones below the Jutus weapons. In addition, when I logged in earlier to check the badge shop, a notification popped up explaining the system. :v: Must be because it's the first time I've logged in since getting a profound weapon. Also, I think it was Omega DF not Persona, so I apologize if people are going into Persona expecting certain drops from my bad memory.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah Persona wasn’t hard. I should actually have been afraid of Buster Madness.

You know, the Urgent Buster Quest.

Here’s my TDL:
- Get Heavy Hammer
- Leg unit from Buster Medals
- what do I even do about this weapon build process

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Decided to take the plunge and get myself an Atlas EX bow so I can kill things better, and found this handy dandy chart which has helped me a lot (sure am glad I kept those wolfcurse and val bows I'm not using)

e. I'm also glad I've been a weird hoarder with gear, finally those Sigmas and other things I grinded for no real reason except "maybe I'll use this on a future character" are coming in handy

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Nov 27, 2020

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Is there going to be a better way to get void erebite added? I have all the weapons I need at +35, but am now stuck in the hell of getting 3 fragments per UQ.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
After spending today working through that tree I posted and bleeding ExCubes, RWB4s and meseta...

Majestic.

I do a lot more damage now, holy poo poo. :stare: My XH Persona UQ runs are going a bit smoother, needless to say. Didn't even die once at the last one. :toot:

Just throwing out 200k crits like they're nothing, and managed to land my first crit over 500k earlier (560k or 580k). Now to affix some better augments on this thing.

I also got the materials / gunblade from the recommended quest reward (holy poo poo what an easy thing to clear for that kind of bonus), I think I'm going to make that into the assault rifle.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Nemo2342 posted:

Is there going to be a better way to get void erebite added? I have all the weapons I need at +35, but am now stuck in the hell of getting 3 fragments per UQ.

If you have friends who will round robin 4p triggers I believe the 4p version drops 10 or so at a time. They drop off persona 12p but on s1 they're about 5m or so which if everyone buys a trigger to share you make your money back from selling fodder.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
yeah it's ultra hard that you kinda want to have a 15* or a 14* with a "-redux" potential on it.

But there will be a lot of options by the time that happens. like those Unique Weapons Badges will be exchangeable for some 15* weapons right away

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Stanos posted:

make your money back from selling fodder.

I have been making an absolute killing lately, like a million plus a day selling nicer drops from Persona / whatever that I don't really need

also did some fun scratchers, got a pink donut bite accessory and flipped it for like 300k lol

can't wait to buy me them titties for my robot

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Does the 12* unit giveaway for doing that limited time quest depend on difficulty level? Does the quality of the resultant units change depending on the difficulty?

I don't really mind doing them all XH and waiting for groups, but poo poo I could solo them quick on VH if that's an option. That last part is a killer, I did an SH run with just one partner and man that part was rough, but we made it - I can't imagine doing XH without a full crew, even with murderbow.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Nope. They have the same augments no matter the difficulty. That said, I think the units you get for doing Ch 5 story are better at +10 than the campaign units at +10 and you can get em on normal so feel free to blow through them with your OP weapon. If you aren't far into the story, they're decent and it costs no meseta to grind the units right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bloodplay it again posted:

Nope. They have the same augments no matter the difficulty. That said, I think the units you get for doing Ch 5 story are better at +10 than the campaign units at +10 and you can get em on normal so feel free to blow through them with your OP weapon. If you aren't far into the story, they're decent and it costs no meseta to grind the units right now.

Good to know, thanks!

I've been sinking time into playing the story, and... I like it! The way the narrative is delivered threw me off at first, and parts of it are dorky, but by the end of Episode 2, I'm into it. I liked Xion, once I got past the initial "what the gently caress is she talking about" phase. RIP :smith:

Also cutting the grind cost to 0 is bonkers too, I can't even imagine how much I saved building my bow.