Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What's the significance of Tython?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Haha, yeah. I think most reactions to the Thrawn name drop had several of us yelling. I vote to cast Henry Cavill as Thrawn please :allears:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Lars Mikkelsen should make the jump to live action like Starbuck and continue to be Thrawn.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Pops Mgee posted:

Ancient homeworld of the Jedi, established in the SWTOR MMO of all things

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I was basically pointing_dicaprio dot jpeg every 10 minutes this episode.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Michael fassbender.

(I don’t know who thrawn is I just like Michael fassbender)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Ballz posted:

To me this sounds like Thrawn is around and been up to things if Ahsoka is tracking down his associates, so he just might be staying on the DL. Since Sabine is no longer with Ahsoka I wonder if learning Ezra’s fate has been resolved at this point.

I still gotta imagine Sabine will show up at some point, but maybe they’ll save her for next season.

True... this magistrate woman was/still is making ships for the imperials.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Pops Mgee posted:

It's basically the Jedi version of Korriban/Moraband. It's an ancient jedi site thought to be one of the birthplaces of the jedi order, if not the birthplace.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think after this episode, we can actually trust the show to be better than our own ideas.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

Michael fassbender.

(I don’t know who thrawn is I just like Michael fassbender)

:hmmyes:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

This episode has some very good Princess Mononoke vibes and I love everything about it.

I don't get why that lady was able to go one on one with Ahsoka but I'm fine with that

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Nov 27, 2020

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It's basically the Jedi version of Korriban/Moraband. It's an ancient jedi site thought to be one of the birthplaces of the jedi order, if not the birthplace.

Huh, I assumed that it was Ahch-To.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Watching it again and jesus Ashoka is a loving beast

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ahch to is probably the birthplace still.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Raged posted:

I like how she shows mercy whenever people stop being an active threat, even Kylo Reese though he was obviously gonna keep gunning the second she didn't have him dead to rights.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Pops Mgee posted:

Huh, I assumed that it was Ahch-To.

Tython was the confirmed birthplace in the old Legends continuity, but the new canon has kept it pretty ambiguous and offers up several potential sites, including Ahch-To.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pops Mgee posted:

My only knowledge of it is from the last few issues of Aphra's first solo comic series. In the final issue, Vader is on Tython and has crazy force visions. Kyber crystals are also on the planet from what I remember. GROGU GONNA MAKE A BABY SABER.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Is this the first mention of Tython in the post-Disney canon? I can’t remember if it was one of the many ancient Jedi temples that pop up in The Clone Wars and Rebels.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

son of a bitch forgot about Yaddle

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Cross-Section posted:

son of a bitch forgot about Yaddle

Yaddle was rotated off the council I think by the time Ahsoka was around.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Ballz posted:

Is this the first mention of Tython in the post-Disney canon? I can’t remember if it was one of the many ancient Jedi temples that pop up in The Clone Wars and Rebels.

The Aphra comic and an RPG supplement were first, but it'll probably play some role in the upcoming High Republic stuff.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Fartington Butts posted:

This episode has some very good Princess Mononoke vibes and I love everything about it.

I don't get why that lady was able to go one on one with Ahsoka but I'm fine with that

Ahsoka was going super easy, she wanted information about Thrawn out of the Magistrate and could have killed her much quicker.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ballz posted:

Wookieepedia says:

quote:

In the new Star Wars canon, Tython was first mentioned in a map created for the 2016 roleplaying game Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game. The planet first appeared in the 2019 comic book Doctor Aphra 40.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
In old lore, thousands of years ago, space ships took force sensatives to Tython and they started the Jed'ai order there, but a schsim between those that wanted to only serve the light side against the ones who wanted to serve the dark caused it to be abandoned. Who sent the ships? No one knows.

I'm going to assume Tython in the new canon is probably the first official Jedi Temple or at least something extremely early.

Also when Ahsoka says "other jedi" did I hear Luke's theme? I do wish she had straight up said "Yea Darth Vader? He was my master before he fell to the Dark Side, dude was awesome but his attachments made him easy to manipulate"

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 27, 2020

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Fartington Butts posted:

Ahsoka clearly didn't want to kill her and isn't cruel enough to just chop off her limbs so she had to sandbag a bit

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Raged posted:

I loved how Filoni definitely plays up the 'sorcerer' thing in the opener, with Ahsoka disappearing in the wind like some mystical spectre.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Episode slapped, this whole season has been fantastic so far goddamn. We've now got Bo and Ahsoka and separate missions to find imperial folks, so presumably they're going to be recurring characters rather than one offs.

Also :lol: at just the most casual Thrawn name drop, EU folks foaming at the mouth right now. :allears:

Fartington Butts posted:

Ahsoka presumably could have just used the Force to sweep her off her feet into the water, or drown her, or whatever. But she wanted her alive so she could milk some info, and seemed to also be willing to offer a fair duel.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So I went back and rewatched the ending.

Ahsoka doesn't kill her.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Sydin posted:

Episode slapped, this whole season has been fantastic so far goddamn. We've now got Bo and Ahsoka and separate missions to find imperial folks, so presumably they're going to be recurring characters rather than one offs.

Also :lol: at just the most casual Thrawn name drop, EU folks foaming at the mouth right now. :allears:

Ahsoka presumably could have just used the Force to sweep her off her feet into the water, or drown her, or whatever. But she wanted her alive so she could milk some info, and seemed to also be willing to offer a fair duel.

or rip the spear out of her hands.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ahsoka has bushido.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
*offers a duel instead of surrendering*

Ahsoka: "lmao fine by me, come at me scrub."

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Haven't finished the episode but just want to say the opening is basically "warhammer 40k guardsmen get owned by a jedi" - makes me think there is some real juice in making a 40k live action using the tech behind Mando. The bad guys basically look like traitor guardsmen.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah powerful Death Korps of Kreig vibes.

E: appreciate that they trusted us enough to set up Beskar lightsabers without a word of exposition

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Nov 27, 2020

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Every time Mando gets a new thing or armor I go gently caress that’s another toy I’ll have to get.

Stop getting new things!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I lol'd. More so now since I finally started using my One S to play games.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Grogu. Everytime someone says his name it makes me chuckle because I think of Rogu from American Dad.

Otherwise it was a great episode.

He's going to have enough beskar to make a whole ship out of it by the end of season 5

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Also HK-series assassin droids. And shotgun scatter blaster.

Neat episode.

Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed he didn't even graze her with his space shotgun. How you gonna deflect 6+ bolts at once?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Pick up that can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxxt44KFg1Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed he didn't even graze her with his space shotgun. How you gonna deflect 6+ bolts at once?

This was actually a way to deal with Jedi in very early Star Wars tabletop settings. Almost all the rulesets required a deflection roll per blaster bolt, so if you got up close to a Jedi and unloaded shotgun they'd have to make like 12 deflection rolls at once and invariably they'd fail a couple and take big damage.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's going to have enough beskar to make a whole ship out of it by the end of season 5

Nah if they did that then Mando's ship couldn't get hosed up constantly and justify his constant diversions to backwater planets for repairs.