Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rutgers basketball being good is still something that kinda messes with me. I do a double take every time I see them in the rankings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Peanut President posted:

or that one that was in a ballroom with chandeliers and poo poo

I missed that one, sounds amazing

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Georgia State and Georgia Tech are, hilariously, headed to 3OT

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

hobbesmaster posted:

I missed that one, sounds amazing

I remembered really ornate chandeliers but I was mistaken

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

Georgia State and Georgia Tech are, hilariously, headed to 3OT

Alvarado is the only player worth anything for Tech and his decision making is ... not that good. If Georgia State had any height and could shoot even a little, this would have been over a long time ago.

Tech's defense in the paint is really, really, really bad. I've seen high schools protect the basket better than Georgia Tech.

e: 4OT!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Pretty sure this game is actually hell, loving Sisyphus poo poo

We must imagine the Yellow Jackets happy

edit: San Diego St turning the screws on UCLA

elentar fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 26, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
E: I'll move it to the draft thread.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Alvarado misses a shot that would have potentially sent it to 5OT.

Georgia State gets its first ever win over an ACC team, 123-120 in 4OT. They did beat Tech when it was an indy in 1976.

Tech is going to get killed in ACC play.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Hahaha, Tech shot 59 free throws (22 more than Ga ST) and somehow lost.

Josh Pastner: still loving sucks

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
ohio state is decent, i guess? i don't know

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU freaking rules

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Peanut President posted:

So how many jump shots clipped the ceiling?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Peanut President posted:

I remember this one because Kentucky was in it. I think it was in Cancun, maybe 2008 or 2009? I don't remember the ceiling getting hit, but I'm pretty sure there were dead spots in the floor where the ball wouldn't bounce as well.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kirios posted:

You must be pretty stoked to get one more year with Garza. This is your best chance to win a title since...ever?

Nah they had final four type teams in the 80s and made a title game in like the 50s. Not a blue blood by any means but iowa has a better basketball history than you'd think.

The current team is a little overrated, they don't have the defense to be an actual title team, even if they have the best offense in the country, which they might. But they'll be fun and can be like a sweet 16 team which would be the first of those we've had in a long time.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

I remember this one because Kentucky was in it. I think it was in Cancun, maybe 2008 or 2009? I don't remember the ceiling getting hit, but I'm pretty sure there were dead spots in the floor where the ball wouldn't bounce as well.

It's the battle 4 atlantis although it might not have been called that back then. I think they might have changed the set up since then but at least early on it was really sketchy. The cancun one was also in some tiny hotel ball room with a disorienting low ceiling but I don't think it had the chandeliers

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 26, 2020

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Wasn't the disaster ballroom tournament the Puerto Rico Tip Off?

At the time, some friends and I decided that the "Puerto Rico Tip Off" sounded like something that belonged on Urban Dictionary, and, well.

quote:

A back alley circumcision. Alternately a pre-season NCAA basketball tournament.

My family didn't have insurance when I was born so I got a Puerto Rico tip off which became infected.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Puerto%20Rico%20Tip%20Off

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Sharife Cooper situation supposedly not a direct allegation about Auburn recruiting him with a sack full or cash or anything; has something to do with his father who I guess works as a sports agent?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Sharife Cooper situation supposedly not a direct allegation about Auburn recruiting him with a sack full or cash or anything; has something to do with his father who I guess works as a sports agent?

He started an agency earlier in the year after Sharife's sister got drafted in the WNBA, I think. He had previously run their very successful AAU program which has had a lot of pros come through it so he's pretty plugged in.

Somehow just guessing that, like, David Falk's kids would not have this problem.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn-St. Joe's recap: Jaylin Williams fulfilling his advanced stats from last year, might've been the best player on the court even if Sharife was there. Stretch Akingbola defensive monster, vacuums off the glass, even hit a 3. Justin Powell, white guy from Kentucky, "One Shining Moment" was probably playing when he was born, natural 2 but ran 1 admirably when needed. Sloppy OT win over a team they should've beaten soundly on paper, will get clobbered tomorrow morning but should be a fun watch.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/status/1332346642951966721?s=19

No one is even pretending to care any more

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

strong eastern Washington energy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:wtf:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

NCAA getting creative with its punishments by getting the whole team infected.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Already deleted, what did it say?

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Kirios posted:

Zags had 2 positive tests yesterday but are still planning to play Auburn today

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kirios posted:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
They apparently didn't test positive, they were just exposed
https://twitter.com/SRJimm/status/1332347602206027776?s=20
Still shouldn't be playing, though

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/1332389673226940430?s=21

The fun is starting early this season

Edit: didn’t realize there was a gdt whoops

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Goddammit.
https://twitter.com/SRJimm/status/1332391934803906561?s=20

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Deciding Kansas is 2-0 based off this information.

(Jeeze, what if we're the plague ship though.)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This stat line is just loving insane.

https://twitter.com/johnbohnenkamp/status/1332458161488474112

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

southern is pretty bad but yeah he's nuts, man. He had the arena record at halftime lol. Really a perfect college star because no one except Xavier Tillman can guard him in college but he has no shot in the NBA so he didn't leave early.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 28, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He looks like such a goon and i don't like him.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Probably Magic posted:

Deciding Kansas is 2-0 based off this information.

(Jeeze, what if we're the plague ship though.)

Suddenly concerned about the Champions Classic on Tuesday and it has nothing to do with on-court talent.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Just saw that Mercer beat Georgia Tech. They've lost consecutive games to Georgia State and Mercer. They attempted only free throws on the night.

How does Josh Pastner still have a job?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

chaoslord posted:

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/1332389673226940430?s=21

The fun is starting early this season

Edit: didn’t realize there was a gdt whoops

that's commitment to branding in pandemic, good for them

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Vs small school caveat of course but Jordan Brown looked much more like the guy who was a 5 star recruit two years ago before suffering from Coached By Eric Mussleman And Not a Backup Point Guard disease.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Vs small school caveat of course but Jordan Brown looked much more like the guy who was a 5 star recruit two years ago before suffering from Coached By Eric Mussleman And Not a Backup Point Guard disease.

mussleman is a pretty good college coach

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

mussleman is a pretty good college coach

Maybe but would you let your tall top 50 recruit son play for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Maybe but would you let your tall top 50 recruit son play for him?

Probably before Sean Miller but my son would play for Bruce Pearl if I raised him correctly.