Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm getting a weird error message when I try to upgrade my phone via the phone app. It drops down with an orange box that says "MTN: [my number] PRICE PLAN INVALID FOR DEVICE." I tried it on both the installment and retail price options - same message on both.

I've got a 128GB OG PXL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

DrDork posted:

FYI, for anyone looking at a Pixel 5, Verizon is doing straight up $350 off it if you buy it online till the end of Sunday, and it seems to stack with other deals. So if you do a trade in upgrade, you get the $400 bill credits on top of that and come out with a $50 "profit". You should still be able to use Duckman's code, too, to help him out.

Also use SMS Backup and Restore app to backup and move all your text and MMS messages. Google's built in backup solution is highly likely to not work the way you think / want and will lose you a lot of stuff if you're not aware of what it's actually doing.

I had it in my cart and clicked through all the bullshit agreements, then it jumped back to full price and won't show the discount anymore. Weird. I'll happily pay $350 for one, but I don't need a new phone bad enough to pay full price right now.

Edit: Backed all the way out and it is showing the promo price again. That device finance page makes it look like you're paying full price for the phone. I haven't bought a phone directly from Verizon since the Galaxy S3 days, so I forgot how awful this is. Glad I waited for a sale and didn't jump at launch. Thanks for the post!

Bandire fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 22, 2020

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm getting a weird error message when I try to upgrade my phone via the phone app. It drops down with an orange box that says "MTN: [my number] PRICE PLAN INVALID FOR DEVICE." I tried it on both the installment and retail price options - same message on both.

I've got a 128GB OG PXL.

I think Verizon's site was just making GBS threads itself last night. I couldn't get past its "do you want to change your plan to 5g?" question because it just errored out every time.

That said, I think for the $400 trade in you do need to be on one of their "current" plan offerings, so if you haven't changed your plan in the last year or so you may need to do so to qualify. It should let you change your plan as part of buying the phone, so you can check that all out without actually making any changes to your account.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

DrDork posted:

I think Verizon's site was just making GBS threads itself last night. I couldn't get past its "do you want to change your plan to 5g?" question because it just errored out every time.

That said, I think for the $400 trade in you do need to be on one of their "current" plan offerings, so if you haven't changed your plan in the last year or so you may need to do so to qualify. It should let you change your plan as part of buying the phone, so you can check that all out without actually making any changes to your account.

I tried to go through the steps just to figure out what this process looked like, and I got all the way to the screen where I would be clicking the "Complete purchase" button and it still showed my 24 monthly payments as being at $29.16. I can't seem to get the flat $350 discount to trigger. I think that that may need to be a new line in order to qualify?

Also, even though their deals page said that I could trade in my original Pixel for $400, the trade-in page while actually trying to do the purchase says that "This device can't be traded in and is ineligible for the promo due to its condition." even though I selected the "Good condition" option. That would kind of be a wash anyway because the cost of moving from my current 2 GB plan ($55) to the cheapest unlimited plan ($70) is $360 over the span of two years, but I guess that's not an option anyway.

gently caress me, I guess.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
Verizon's web store is hot poo poo, to an amazing point considering how large a company they are.

I can't even add a phone to my cart to play with because "Your request could not be processed at this time." Last night it couldn't figure its poo poo out for some similar, but slightly different reason.

In any event, the $350 off from https://www.verizon.com/deals/ does now show as new-line only, which is not what it was yesterday. So screw that, Verizon, for the past two days it's been up there as a flat $350 off, even for upgrades. This wasn't me miss-reading it, either--the promo was showing up for me last night as stackable with the $400 upgrade trade-in, but the system simply wouldn't work long enough to let me check out, and the promo is now absent from some places it was showing up yesterday. How obnoxious.

I guess it's back to waiting for actual Black Friday to see if they offer something decent.

e; Bonus, the $350 still shows up if I go in through MyVerizon on my phone, but it can't get past asking me about whether or not I want to upgrade my plan to a 5G one because :reasons: God, Verizon, your sales platform is so bad.

e2; ahahahah. Jesus gently caress. Verizon's phone-based support chat applet is one of the first things I've seen in a long time to not support spell check or auto-correct. And it keeps repeatedly telling me that "all reps are busy, yadda yadda" despite me being in an active conversation with one. How do you mess this sort of thing up this badly as a company worth nearly a quarter of a trillion dollars?

DrDork fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 22, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I had the free Disney+ for a year, but it expired, so I went ahead and subscribed to the Disney+ bundle on my own. But then Duckman helped me out, and I went to a plan that has the bundle free. So I cancelled my own Disney+ bundle and tried to subscribe to it using the same email account.

For some reason, Disney does not see my account as active. I've spent time with both Verizon and Disney CSRs ever since Thursday trying to figure it out. I called yesterday to Verizon, they transferred me to Disney where that rep said that my reference number was invalid. So back to Verizon where I was told to put in a ticket with IT with their tech support. So I did that yesterday, and the guy said it might take 7-10 days before they get back to us.

I've removed and readded that bundle to my account multiple times through the app, different PCs and different browsers, but that reference number is the same. So I'm hoping that whoever is in the Verizon IT does their reconfiguration this week.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, unfortunately the Pixel 5 does have the $550 trade in, but new line and premium unlimited plan only.

If I see anything else I’ll update people here.

Burrito: For the Disney reconfiguring , not sure why it’s giving an issue. Maybe when the bill date cycles over? All I can think of, although I made it same day so it shouldn’t matter.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Hey Duckman, you're popular this week, as I see typically this time of year every year.

I'm thinking about jumping on the P5 deal for my wife's phone, but it looks like my legacy unlimited (The New Verizon Plan Unlimited for $110/mo) isn't compatible.

So far as I know, the only restriction on my plan is the hotspot slowdown for any line that hits the limit (I can't remember if it's 15 or 22gb).

Are any of the new plans close enough to that for the same price without crazy restrictions like 480p streaming (every device I own has a >1080p screen now) or a lockdown on hotspot? I definitely need the hotspot ceiling because my one kid's iPad isn't cellular, and occasionally my middle does a dumb and forgets which device has the SIM in it after we've already left the house, and I also do oncall rotations where I'll have to check in for work wherever I may be.

My FIL has an S20+ 5g, but apparently it's not the UW, because I didn't need to change anything on my plan when we upgraded him this summer.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Duckman2008 posted:

Burrito: For the Disney reconfiguring , not sure why it’s giving an issue. Maybe when the bill date cycles over? All I can think of, although I made it same day so it shouldn’t matter.

The multiple Disney CSRs I spoke with have said that they have seen this issue before. Only the one on Saturday suggested the reference number trick, so hopefully that works.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Stupid question but wanted to make sure I understand right. On a 5g phone with 15gigs of data a month, if I were to go on a 5g network and download 10gigs of files in a few minutes, would that count against my data plan? Would downloading tons of stuff off wifi still only be a good idea with unlimited?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So according to the Verizon Chat support, the reason I'm getting the "MTN" error message is because my plan is "grandfathered." I gave up my grandfathered ULD to switch all the plans over to the cheaper Unlimited plans, but evidently in order to get the trade-in discount on the P5 I'd have to change both lines over to a new plan with 5G access.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AlexDeGruven posted:

Hey Duckman, you're popular this week, as I see typically this time of year every year.

I'm thinking about jumping on the P5 deal for my wife's phone, but it looks like my legacy unlimited (The New Verizon Plan Unlimited for $110/mo) isn't compatible.

So far as I know, the only restriction on my plan is the hotspot slowdown for any line that hits the limit (I can't remember if it's 15 or 22gb).

Are any of the new plans close enough to that for the same price without crazy restrictions like 480p streaming (every device I own has a >1080p screen now) or a lockdown on hotspot? I definitely need the hotspot ceiling because my one kid's iPad isn't cellular, and occasionally my middle does a dumb and forgets which device has the SIM in it after we've already left the house, and I also do oncall rotations where I'll have to check in for work wherever I may be.

My FIL has an S20+ 5g, but apparently it's not the UW, because I didn't need to change anything on my plan when we upgraded him this summer.

Yeah, this time of year is always organized chaos. I’ve been doing this over 10 years, so in more than used to it, doesn’t bother me.

You are forest, your plan doesn’t get the PlayStation plus promo (12 months free with new line, 3 months free with upgrade).

All plans will have a hotspot limit. Your plan is 15GB, the new plans are also 15GB.

I need to know how many lines you have to get you a quote. Also, are you ok with autopay with checking account ?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So according to the Verizon Chat support, the reason I'm getting the "MTN" error message is because my plan is "grandfathered." I gave up my grandfathered ULD to switch all the plans over to the cheaper Unlimited plans, but evidently in order to get the trade-in discount on the P5 I'd have to change both lines over to a new plan with 5G access.

This is weird. If you can post your exact plan name I can help more with this too.

That said, to clarify for you and for others on 5G :

-nationwide 5G is included at NO CHARGE on all plans, no plan change or updates needed besides maybe a 5G SIM. This is the main 5G you will see, it’s on the same frequency as 4G. Right now speeds are similar or slightly faster. I have the $110 unlimited plan as well, and my friend got the S20+ , is seeing 5G, and we are not paying $10 a month extra for 5G.

-5G Ultra Wide is only included on Premium Unlimited: which is Do, Play, and Get Unlimited. All other plans it is $10 extra. If you hit decline for the $10 add on, the 5G nationwide mentioned above still works.

-5G Ultra Wide the the super high frequency that is basically only in cities . It is very fast, like 1,000-3,000mb speeds. It also has horrible distance and building penetration, so coverage is def very hit or miss.

-Ultra Wide def counts against any data caps, so yeah, I would honestly only recommend it on the new plans overall since it’s included. I wouldn’t put it on a 15GB plan as asked above

A lot of employees are not explaining this well, and I would normally blame Verizon, but honestly the training on 5G was pretty simple and clear, so a lot of people just didn’t read it I guess.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

This is weird. If you can post your exact plan name I can help more with this too.

I've got three smartphones, all on 4G Beyond Unlimited. One Pixel 32GB, one Pixel XL 128GB, and the redheaded stepchild line on an Essential PH-1, with a military discount. The person I was speaking to said the reason I wasn't allowed to tender the trade-in transaction is that they're no longer offering those plans and they're considered "grandfathered."

I'm personally looking to upgrade my PXL to the P5 on the Get More Unlimited 5G UW plan, upgrade the Pixel 32GB to a P5 on the Do More Unlimited 5G UW plan, and maybe downgrade the PH-1 account's plan to Do More 4G since the person using that phone is :downs: when it comes to a phone that's more advanced than the old-school RAZR clamshell he was forced to upgrade from. I know he'd probably be fine on the "Start Unlimited" plan since he barely ever uses data to begin with, but for :10bux: more per month it's another potential hotspot allotment. :shrug:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 22, 2020

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

DrDork posted:

Also use SMS Backup and Restore app to backup and move all your text and MMS messages. Google's built in backup solution is highly likely to not work the way you think / want and will lose you a lot of stuff if you're not aware of what it's actually doing.

Cosigning this.

I recently spent some time helping a friend of mine who had a bunch of messages he's been carrying from phone to phone, except this time built in Google's transfer functionality decided to not work. He had years of messages with his mother who passed away this spring, and none of the official Google methods would work, be it direct device-device transfer with a cable, or the cloud backup you get if you pay for Google Drive.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I've got three smartphones, all on 4G Beyond Unlimited. One Pixel 32GB, one Pixel XL 128GB, and the redheaded stepchild line on an Essential PH-1, with a military discount. The person I was speaking to said the reason I wasn't allowed to tender the trade-in transaction is that they're no longer offering those plans and they're considered "grandfathered."

I'm personally looking to upgrade my PXL to the P5 on the Get More Unlimited 5G UW plan, upgrade the Pixel 32GB to a P5 on the Do More Unlimited 5G UW plan, and maybe downgrade the PH-1 account's plan to Do More 4G since the person using that phone is :downs: when it comes to a phone that's more advanced than the old-school RAZR clamshell he was forced to upgrade from. I know he'd probably be fine on the "Start Unlimited" plan since he barely ever uses data to begin with, but for :10bux: more per month it's another potential hotspot allotment. :shrug:

Ok gotcha. Just FYI Apple Music is not included on Do or Play More if anyone is using the Apple Music you currently get for free. Get More still gets Apple Music, as well as the Disney+ , ESPN+ and Hulu.

I thought 5G was included on Beyond, but I could be wrong. At this point the new plans should be around the same price point as beyond anyway, so I would think updating is the way to go.

Actually I looked it up:

Beyond with Autopay is $50 * 3 = $150

Get, Do, Do is $65 + $55 + $55 = $175

Not a large difference and you in theory get more stuff, so if that works for you go for it.

Reminder for everyone: discounts on monthly plans for Military, First Responder, Nurse or Teacher (about $20 total a month)

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
What kind of deals are there for porting over a new number that don't involve locking into 69 bill credits over an 83 month span? I'm not against trading in my pixel 3 or Iphone SE 2020 on something, I just don't want to do the bill credit thing. I'd prefer to grab a 12 mini over anything else right now.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'd just like to say the $40/month ($35 with auto pay) 3GB PREPAID Vzn plan I got my Mom a year ago has worked great for her, with no problems whatsoever and the coverage is actually better (even when we traveled around back in October in the Sierra Nevada mountains) than her old overpriced AT&T unlimited plan she used to share with my Pops. I even gave her my iPhone XR to replace the 6s plus she was using and the sim swapped over with no problems and the online account showed the new phone instantly.

It does look like the 3GB plan is no longer offered after it expires on Dec 3rd but there is a 5GB plan for $40 now with the same $5 auto pay discount as well as another $5 off for loyalty after a few months. Cool.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 22, 2020

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fknlo posted:

What kind of deals are there for porting over a new number that don't involve locking into 69 bill credits over an 83 month span? I'm not against trading in my pixel 3 or Iphone SE 2020 on something, I just don't want to do the bill credit thing. I'd prefer to grab a 12 mini over anything else right now.

All promos are gonna require essentially some kind of contract. Gift card switchers are a 12 month contract, any trade ins will be a credit over 24 months. They used to credit up front, but to be real, people were buying them switching a month or so later.

iPhone SE 2020 or Pixel 3 will trade in for $700 towards the Mini over 2 years (only one, can’t get a double trade in) , plus you would get a $400 gift card for porting a number. You need to be on Get More for the $700 trade in, which is $90 a month with Autopay with checking account. Plan does get premium data, hotspot, Disney bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu) and free Apple Music as well.

I assumed one phone number ? If multiple lines let me know. If you switch, feel free to PM for my referral code.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

fknlo posted:

Basically all of Verizon's good deals involve a 2 year bill-credit thing. That's just how it is. Straight up $$ off the top are quite uncommon.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Ok gotcha. Just FYI Apple Music is not included on Do or Play More if anyone is using the Apple Music you currently get for free. Get More still gets Apple Music, as well as the Disney+ , ESPN+ and Hulu.

Yeah, I'm probably the only one on the account who'll make use of any of that stuff so... :shrug:

Also, for some weird goddamned reason *my* number specifically was never allowed to access Apple Music (the option was greyed out) despite being on a plan that should have had it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, I'm probably the only one on the account who'll make use of any of that stuff so... :shrug:

Also, for some weird goddamned reason *my* number specifically was never allowed to access Apple Music (the option was greyed out) despite being on a plan that should have had it.

That’s weird. If you switch plans re try, and if you stay on your plan call care to try and get it fixed.

I think it goes without saying, but hold times are likely very long due to Covid right now.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Duckman owns thabks for all the help

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I can't contain my excitement with the north american unlocked LG G8X. Got it for $450 new and with the dual screen. This phone is something else. You can remove the 2nd OLED screen/case and get near 2x the amount of battery life. Im usually around 3-4 days now as a low onscreen time user. I just bang stuff out and get it done. Flat screen too so you can get actual glass protectors. Google camera port available. Quad dac goodness for audiophile stuff. Flawless victory LG. You are my brand now.

redeyes fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 23, 2020

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Duckman2008 posted:

All promos are gonna require essentially some kind of contract. Gift card switchers are a 12 month contract, any trade ins will be a credit over 24 months. They used to credit up front, but to be real, people were buying them switching a month or so later.

iPhone SE 2020 or Pixel 3 will trade in for $700 towards the Mini over 2 years (only one, can’t get a double trade in) , plus you would get a $400 gift card for porting a number. You need to be on Get More for the $700 trade in, which is $90 a month with Autopay with checking account. Plan does get premium data, hotspot, Disney bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu) and free Apple Music as well.

I assumed one phone number ? If multiple lines let me know. If you switch, feel free to PM for my referral code.

Thanks and I'll let you know. I'm probably going to make the switch regardless of whether or not I upgrade, just debating on how I want to go right now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

surf rock posted:

Am I understanding the Verizon deal correctly that, as a current Verizon customer, I can trade in my original Pixel and get $400 off a Pixel 5, in effect getting it for $300 new (prorated over the course of a two-year contract)?

I'm on the 2 GB plan, though, which I think might disqualify me? It looks like there's some fine print suggesting that you have to get certain monthly plans (which I think are way more expensive) in order to qualify for the trade-in.

Also, I have some text messages on my phone from a loved one who passed a few years ago. I really, really don't want to lose those and would love for them to transfer over to my new phone (along with my contacts and other data, I guess). If I go in-store to do this, can they do that transfer? Or can they not transfer text messages?

I'm not caught up on the thread so it may have been answered, but I went from a pixel 2 to pixel 5 and all my text messages carried over after using the in box tool. It gives you an option on what to import

The screenshot thing is a good idea too

Re: 5g sim cards both me and my fiancee were having network issues so even though the lady on the phone said we didn't need 5g cards we went to the store and got updates. This time they even let us through the door! But we haven't mysteriously lost connection in places where we didn't normally lose signal since.

Len fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 23, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Whew, so...after 90+ minutes on Verizon Chat Support, I was finally able to finalize an upgrade to two Pixel 5s.

The downside is I'm still not 100% sure if the trade-ins (a 32GB OG Pixel and 128GB OG Pixel XL) were processed correctly (I have two distinct "submission IDs" for each trade-in), and I learned at least one reason why *my* line might not have been recognized correctly - it wasn't showing up as physically having a phone attached to it. I had to manually add my PXL's IMEI to the trade-in system, and even then, when everything was added, it added both $16.67 discounts to one of the two P5s, so now I get to call Sales sometime in the next two weeks and have them change that to have one per phone. I also want to make doubly-sure that my bill is only going up by ~$25. Supposedly changing to 2x Do More and 1x Get More, my new monthly bill with all of my discounts is $156.84, which is down from $172.76, and the "your new bill" email I got seems to only factor in a *single* $16.67 statement credit.

I couldn't pass up $800 in credit for two 2016-era phones, though. All told, I think I'm getting two Pixel 5s for ~$600, so it's "BOGO" without the new line activation.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 23, 2020

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, this time of year is always organized chaos. I’ve been doing this over 10 years, so in more than used to it, doesn’t bother me.

You are forest, your plan doesn’t get the PlayStation plus promo (12 months free with new line, 3 months free with upgrade).

All plans will have a hotspot limit. Your plan is 15GB, the new plans are also 15GB.

I need to know how many lines you have to get you a quote. Also, are you ok with autopay with checking account ?

I have 7 lines, and I just got the Verizon Visa with auto pay set up. Previously had auto pay with checking account.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AlexDeGruven posted:

I have 7 lines, and I just got the Verizon Visa with auto pay set up. Previously had auto pay with checking account.

Ok, so your plan now is (I assume all lines are phones)

$100 + $20 * 7 = $240

Do Unlimited with autopay (which you qualify for, you’re good) is

$40 * 7 = $280

Any line that doesn’t need the premium data , hotspot, etc you can move to start for $10 less. But then you’re paying the same and losing features.

Yeah, new plans have gotten closer to the $100 plan, but once you hit 6+ lines it’s harder.

Sometimes there are account level promos , if you want me it check for those PM your name and number.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Ok, so your plan now is (I assume all lines are phones)

$100 + $20 * 7 = $240

Do Unlimited with autopay (which you qualify for, you’re good) is

$40 * 7 = $280

Any line that doesn’t need the premium data , hotspot, etc you can move to start for $10 less. But then you’re paying the same and losing features.

Yeah, new plans have gotten closer to the $100 plan, but once you hit 6+ lines it’s harder.

Sometimes there are account level promos , if you want me it check for those PM your name and number.

Oop, one of the lines is an iPad. It was on a classic 2 year contract deal, which has been up for a while.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AlexDeGruven posted:

Oop, one of the lines is an iPad. It was on a classic 2 year contract deal, which has been up for a while.

Then current plan is still $240

New plan is $40 * 6 + $10 = $250

So, closer ?

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Then current plan is still $240

New plan is $40 * 6 + $10 = $250

So, closer ?

Looking better. PM inbound for anything specific.

Thanks!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So the new phones are coming tomorrow - will the 5G SIMs be included or would I need to go by a B&M store to get that sorted in short order?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So the new phones are coming tomorrow - will the 5G SIMs be included or would I need to go by a B&M store to get that sorted in short order?

They should have the SIMs installed, when you turn on the phones they’ll activate as your number. If they don’t, the manual activation number is (877) 807-4646 , just call, plug in your info and They will light up.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Thanks again, Duckman. :shobon:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Thanks again, Duckman. :shobon:

Not a problem , it’s what I do.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Not a problem , it’s what I do.

Okay, so I got my new phone(s), but...should I have gotten the Trade-In Kit *with* the phones, or does that come by itself?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Okay, so I got my new phone(s), but...should I have gotten the Trade-In Kit *with* the phones, or does that come by itself?

It usually comes separate a few days later. Given it’s a holiday week, if you don’t get it by next Tuesday I would call back.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
FYI the majority of promos are the same for Black Friday (no surprise, they’re trying to not have crazy lines for Black Friday). So pretty much anyone who has ordered this week already, I would just say you’re good.

Any questions post away or PM. If you can message before Friday that would be great , I will likely be fairly unresponsive on Black Friday weekend for obvious reasons. Message or post on thanksgiving is fine, I don’t mind taking 5 mins to answer a question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
So it looks like Verizon might let you get a free P5 over 24 months if you're upgrading (no new line). Right now I have a cart showing:

-$300 "device promotional credit" ($12.50/mo)
-$400 "Device trade-in" ($16.66/mo)

Duckman, does this sound legit, or is Verizon going to overwrite the $12.50/mo credit with the $16.66/mo credit once I send my phone in for trade-in, and I effectively only end up with the $400 off?