Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
You don't need any of that poo poo I bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Why is there no White Friday?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Black Friday loving sucks rear end and I hate it OP

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Why is there no White Friday?

Everyday is White Friday

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
and gently caress Cyber Monday too

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Writing the new contemporary Divine Comedy epic based on why I loving HATE Black Friday so much

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

I'm just waiting for those crazy Black Friday videos that show no one wearing a mask or fights breaking out because of masks.

Those videos put me in the Christmas spirit.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I waited 6 hours in line to save $100 on a tv that'll be on sale again in two weeks boy I make great life decisions

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
they should really go all in and open up Christmas Day too

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I always thought the point of it was to buy christmas presents for people when they were on sale but half the poo poo isn't even good christmas gifts

I'm going to spend today sitting on my rear end in my house and not going shopping

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

I sure loved increasing the prices slowly throughout the week so the sales on Friday would reduce them back to their original price, when I worked in retail

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

rotinaj posted:

I always thought the point of it was to buy christmas presents for people when they were on sale

lol like half of it is people just buying poo poo for themselves

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
I'm still conditioned to anticipate the posting of the Black Friday Riot threads every year despite the fact that all the American retailers took preventative steps to stop the stampedes and chaos.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, idiots death charging over the trench like into no mans land but its a shop and the fights and poo poo, human zombie madness, is the only good part.

Halloween Liker fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 27, 2020

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

T Bowl posted:

and gently caress Cyber Monday too

Why is there no Carpentry Monday?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ha ha buying poo poo no one wants at the mall and contracting covid to own the libs.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Milkmans Wednesday, when we all run into the street and suck it fresh from his teets before he can even squirt it into the bottles and leave it on our door step.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Are there even any good deals anymore?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Doesn’t hold a candle to “loving in the streets Friday”

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Dear Watson posted:

Are there even any good deals anymore?

Yeah there’s usually good deals if you know what you’re looking for and know what it should cost. Like the age ol “jack the original price up and say it’s half off” doesn’t work if you’ve been waiting for a sale on that item for months and know what a:the original price should be and b:what you are willing to pay.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

T Bowl posted:

gently caress Cyber

hell yes

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My weed site has 20% off :birddrugs:

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

All Fridays matter

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My weed site has 20% off :birddrugs:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah there’s usually good deals if you know what you’re looking for and know what it should cost. Like the age ol “jack the original price up and say it’s half off” doesn’t work if you’ve been waiting for a sale on that item for months and know what a:the original price should be and b:what you are willing to pay.

a lot of those $200 laptop style deals come with the caveat that there are only 3 in stock and unless you started standing in line last week you aren't getting one

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you are a modern day prophet, op. please continue to speak truth to power

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The_Franz posted:

a lot of those $200 laptop style deals come with the caveat that there are only 3 in stock and unless you started standing in line last week you aren't getting one

Be really careful buying electronics on Black Friday. Some brands have lovely knockoffs of their own products they sell at a discount on Black Friday. Best Buy and Bose are notorious for doing this.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
It's a video game; I think you need Steam to install it.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The_Franz posted:

In the year of our lord 2020, you can buy things online and avoid crowds, the plague, and this problem all at the same time.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

ArbitraryC posted:

In the year of our lord 2020, you can buy things online and avoid crowds, the plague, and this problem all at the same time.

And just how the hell are you supposed to do that when you don't have your $200 laptop yet you DUMBFUCK

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sack Dieday

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

And just how the hell are you supposed to do that when you don't have your $200 laptop yet you DUMBFUCK

you dont have a phone bruh?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

ArbitraryC posted:

It's not a good Black Friday deal unless you trample someone to death to get it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Not black friday, but I still laugh thinking about that "as I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way" line

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
95% of black friday deals now are just a week or longer and there is no scarcity to them because they aren't that great of deals

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
you know your sister needs an instapot or an air fryer that will both be on a goodwill shelf in 2 years

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

T Bowl posted:

you know your sister needs an instapot or an air fryer that will both be on a goodwill shelf in 2 years

poo poo I want an air fryer. I never thought about check those places for them. Thanks!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
You think that's stupid OP, they've been doing "Black Week" for the past two weeks here, and I'm sure they'll have "Cyber Week" next week. Next year they'll have Black Month, then Black Year, then practice the theory of the Permanent Black, where everything's on sale yet prices stay the same.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
what useless crap do i buy today

do they sell social lives i could use of of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chinatown posted:

what useless crap do i buy today

do they sell social lives i could use of of those

Conan hired a Japanese family one time, it seemed like a good experience.