Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

aReasonableMan posted:

Eventually, the admins figured out it was me, probably based on posting style / backend user metrics / etc
your current username directly translates to "people frequently tell me im irrational" so the one you think was sly and under the radar was probably totallyNotPermaed84

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Watermelon posted:

The two idiots will be back after the crash

They never post when number goes down

This. ghosttty shows up whenever Bitcoin rises.

aReasonableMan
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica

gary oldmans diary posted:

your current username directly translates to "people frequently tell me im irrational" so the one you think was sly and under the radar was probably totallyNotPermaed84
People here certainly do, but your views on me are severely skewed by my posting style/persona on these forums, so I take that with a big rear end grain of salt.

aReasonableMan
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica

Waltzing Along posted:

Tick tick tick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTDbIfGE5K0

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Reminds me of people in MLM scams who are often trained to construct narratives about why people try to talk them out of it, usually along those similar lines about how they're actually jealous, sour grapes, too afraid of success, etc

In general any narrative that goes 'They actually know we're right and they're wrong, and that makes them so mad' is laffo and a sign of someone who's on track to a helluva implosion

It's also shared by a lot of Evangelicals regarding atheists and whatever else goes against their worldview: "They know God exists, they just don't want to follow the rules because reasons."

It's armor against reason, and therefore it's not really worth it to try and argue someone wearing it out of their lovely beliefs. The best you can do is put out facts and hope that any onlookers see that they're just not dwelling in reality.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
youre not getting it. when you see a big truck with a license plate that says B1GD1K do you think that guys penis may have been made fun of
bearing that in mind, your username is aReasonableMan

i doubt the admins needed to do complicated metrics analysis. whatever the undercover account was they probably saw the username and thought "well which permabanned user is this specifically"

aReasonableMan
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica

youre not getting it. when you see a big truck with a license plate that says B1GD1K do you think that guys penis may have been made fun of
Believe what you want. I love reason, loathe violence, and have no respect for authority whatsoever.

“Disobedience, in the eyes of any one who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through disobedience and through rebellion.”

― Oscar Wilde

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

i doubt the admins needed to do complicated metrics analysis. whatever the undercover account was they probably saw the username and thought "well which permabanned user is this specifically"

Posting my license plate isn't cool, man :colbert:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

aReasonableMan posted:

Believe what you want. I love reason, loathe violence, and have no respect for authority whatsoever.

“Disobedience, in the eyes of any one who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through disobedience and through rebellion.”

― Oscar Wilde
you totally dont get it at all lol

aReasonableMan
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica
This one goes out to GhosTTy

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HelpfulJampackedCrab-mobile.mp4

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

aReasonableMan posted:

People here certainly do, but your views on me are severely skewed by my posting style/persona on these forums, so I take that with a big rear end grain of salt.

Then maybe change your posting style/persona?? If you can't do that, it's not really a style or a persona: it's you.

aReasonableMan
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Then maybe change your posting style/persona?? If you can't do that, it's not really a style or a persona, it's you.
I had an account on here for two years without much of any problems, in case you forgot. I burned it to call out Burt Sexual's lovely biased moderation in this very thread.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

aReasonableMan posted:

― Oscar Wilde

I don't think Oscar wilde was talking about loving kids OP

aReasonableMan
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica

xtal posted:

I don't think Oscar wilde was talking about loving kids OP
Neither was I. It was a troll gone too far, a mistake from five years ago. Let it go.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

No, they'll just find something else to whine about. I'm starting to think that no one actually wants to move on from anything or for things to calm down, they will either invent poo poo wholecloth to get mad about or they will just keep digging further and further back to drag up old grudges and slights real or imagined.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

aReasonableMan posted:

So you acknowledge that authority is flawed and sometimes makes poor/unfair decisions, but think examples of said unfair bans are somehow justification for what I argue is an unfair permaban? Not a strong argument, tbh.

I'm not sure what kind of pretzel you are twisting yourself into here. If you understood Something Awful you'd know the moderation can be lovely.

This would mean that your permaban for :siren:arguing that the age of consent was too high by claiming infants are fertile :siren: was not only expected but extremely justified relative to some of the permabans that have been tossed out on these forums.

You aren't going to break this problem or us with your Super Human Logic in a stirring monologue.

Capricious crybaby moderators have been a hallmark of these forums and you having a psychotic episode and spending four figures on forum accounts to whine about being punished for your disgusting opinions is not something an actual poster that wanted to be here would be doing. So nobody believes your wordwalls about changing, bettering yourself or finally "Getting it."

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Ghost Leviathan posted:

In general any narrative that goes 'They actually know we're right and they're wrong, and that makes them so mad' is laffo and a sign of someone who's on track to a helluva implosion

Bipolar AND Dunning-Kruger in the same head? If the age of consent “question” (it’s NOT really a question it’s the laws to protect minors from pedos) comes up it’s the Bitcoiin Trifecta!

Enjoy the perma. Deep introspection will reveal not just the truth behind, but lead to a long posting career without “the mask slipping”one bit. It really, really helps to not visit your old arguments and pwning nocoiiners with the unreadable graphs (ghost titty) or dark socks. You gambled a bit of cash and got lucky: good luck doesn’t mean you have the galaxy brain of Tony Stark, it means you are manic and need to visit your psychiatrist if your meds aren’t working or a psychologist if you simply stopped taking them.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 27, 2020

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Permabans in 2005: Bumping a D&D thread about the Iraq War
Permabans in 2015(and a long successful string ever since): Arguing infants have viable eggs and Just Asking Questions about what the age of consent or a "minor" is.

Figuring out which one was contentiously :actually:'d is an exercise left to the reader.

:bitcoin:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
stop arguing with the babyfucker and check out the NYT's article about Coinbase

quote:

SAN FRANCISCO — One by one, they left. Some quit. Others were fired. All were Black.

The 15 people worked at Coinbase, the most valuable U.S. cryptocurrency start-up, where they represented roughly three-quarters of the Black employees at the 600-person company. Before leaving in late 2018 and early 2019, at least 11 of them informed the human resources department or their managers about what they said was racist or discriminatory treatment, five people with knowledge of the situation said.

One of the employees was Alysa Butler, 25, who worked in recruiting. During her time at Coinbase, she said, she told her manager several times about how he and others excluded her from meetings and conversations, making her feel invisible.

“Most people of color working in tech know that there’s a diversity problem,” said Ms. Butler, who resigned in April 2019. “But I’ve never experienced anything like Coinbase.”
One Black employee said her manager suggested in front of colleagues that she was dealing drugs and carrying a gun, trading on racist stereotypes. Another said a co-worker at a recruiting meeting broadly described Black employees as less capable. Still another said managers spoke down to her and her Black colleagues, adding that they were passed over for promotions in favor of less experienced white employees. The accumulation of incidents, they said, led to the wave of departures.
But Ms. Sawyerr and others said they soon felt like they were being treated differently. On days when reporters or photographers came in, they said, they were told to be present so they could be in the photos to display the company’s diversity. But in meetings, they were talked down to and ignored. By mid-2018, some said they had started talking to human resources and their managers about the behavior.

When Coinbase announced it would be opening an office in Portland, Ore., several Black employees in the compliance department who worked remotely were told to move there or reapply for new jobs, four former employees said. The company said it wanted the whole team in one place, but current and former employees said the one white employee in the department was allowed to continue working remotely.
On Oct. 8, Mr. Armstrong wrote in a letter to employees that 60 people had left Coinbase. He said he took solace in how many Black employees had chosen to stay.

In response, one Black employee wrote on Slack that her continued employment should not be “reassuring.” She said that she and many other Black employees were in low-ranking support positions, and that it was hard to leave at a moment of high unemployment in the pandemic, according to a copy of the message seen by The Times. The post got a black heart emoji from 153 other employees.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 27, 2020

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

aReasonableMan posted:

― Oscar Wilde

Oscar Wilde converted to Catholicism.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
thats a good article, NYT

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Edit: wrong

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Paladinus posted:

Then you should read Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain: Bitcoin, Blockchain, Ethereum & Smart Contracts. It might shift your entire worldview!
https://www.amazon.com/Attack-50-Foot-Blockchain-Contracts-ebook/dp/B073CPP581

my dad has been shoulda-woulda-coulda'ing about bitcoin since about 2014 so i decided what better thing to get him for christmas than this book!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Only one white person in the compliance department? Is it like, two people total?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Hey Seraph, I've been taking my meds longer than you've been alive, so listen up:

If they are working properly, you become pretty laid back because the meds allow you enough time to stop, breathe and think. I am literally what you should be aspiring to become.

tldr: we are not the problem, you are.

bitcoin is a ponzi scheme.

Rectal ReBUTTal
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I'm not sure what kind of pretzel you are twisting yourself into here. If you understood Something Awful you'd know the moderation can be lovely.

This would mean that your permaban for :siren:arguing that the age of consent was too high by claiming infants are fertile :siren: was not only expected but extremely justified relative to some of the permabans that have been tossed out on these forums.

You aren't going to break this problem or us with your Super Human Logic in a stirring monologue.

Capricious crybaby moderators have been a hallmark of these forums and you having a psychotic episode and spending four figures on forum accounts to whine about being punished for your disgusting opinions is not something an actual poster that wanted to be here would be doing. So nobody believes your wordwalls about changing, bettering yourself or finally "Getting it."
Not only did I never argue that age of consent laws were any sort of problem, I also wasn't permabanned for any of my posts even mentioning age of consent. You're rewriting history to fit a narrative you've constructed in your mind. Here is what actually happened:

”Seraph84” posted:

Please take a moment to review my original account's rap sheet:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/b...p?userid=215655

and notice the progression: A bunch of 6 hour probations → 1 day → ban → 3 days → 100,000 hours → permaban. There was never a 7 day or 30 day probation given. Normal ramp progression was skipped, as noted on my rap sheet by former mod Kewpuh when he requested my 100,000 hour probation. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3735644&pagenumber=81&perpage=40#post449451643%94

In the end my 11 year probation was given for hostile posting back at people who were attacking me. Admittedly, I was being attacked because I was behaving like an absolute shithead in that thread. A week later, my permaban was given for the high crime of... PMing people a youtube link to a Richard Pryor comedy bit.
As for you, TAD:

tango alpha delta posted:

Hey Seraph, I've been taking my meds longer than you've been alive, so listen up:

If they are working properly, you become pretty laid back because the meds allow you enough time to stop, breathe and think. I am literally what you should be aspiring to become.
Cool, thanks! For a stranger, you sure spend a lot of mental energy on me though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Ksoizbl2s&t=39s

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Rectal ReBUTTal fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 27, 2020

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

ymgve posted:

Only one white person in the compliance department? Is it like, two people total?
The head of the compliance department was black and recruited seven black people. The article says there was only one white person on the compliance team and all the black people quit, but it doesn't say if there were other members of the team that weren't black or white. If there weren't, I imagine all but one member of the team quitting over a few months probably had an externally-noticed impact on operations.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Rectal ReBUTTal posted:

Not only did I never argue that age of consent laws were any sort of problem, I also wasn't permabanned for any of my posts even mentioning age of consent. You're rewriting history to fit a narrative you've constructed in your mind. Here is what actually happened:

As for you, TAD:

Cool, thanks! For a stranger, you sure spend a lot of mental energy on me though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Ksoizbl2s&t=39s

I do not spend a lot of energy on you at all. It's just interesting watching you melting down. I am very glad that I take better care of myself than you clearly do.

Because you clearly have an untreated mental illness, your burns are more like a little puppy yapping at an old experienced bulldog than anything else.

tldr: you are boring, Seraph.

bitcoin is a ponzi scheme

Rectal ReBUTTal
Nov 27, 2020

by Pragmatica

I do not spend a lot of energy on you at all. It's just interesting watching you melting down. I am very glad that I take better care of myself than you clearly do.

Because you clearly have an untreated mental illness, your burns are more like a little puppy yapping at an old experienced bulldog than anything else.

tldr: you are boring, Seraph.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sweet sweet sound of the blockchain processing my transactions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPX5mRSQ3pw

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rectal ReBUTTal posted:

You do understand that a final punishment like a permaban can only be given to one forum post and your disgusting age of consent bullshit, while not given the "USER HAS BEEN PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST" message, was part of the reason you were permanently banned?

Now I'm not a huge brain Bitcoin Genius able to become a millionaire with my High IQ but it seems to me you should realize you, as a person, were permabanned. Not one specific post.

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 27, 2020

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rectal ReBUTTal posted:

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sweet sweet sound of the blockchain processing my transactions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0przgP8_miU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

He is physically incapable of staying away.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Rectal ReBUTTal posted:

Desperately trying to get your money out before the bottom falls out huh

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Seraph is trying so hard to BE interesting while stubbornly ignoring HOW to be interesting. It must be so frustrating for him to not understand why people don't accept him.

Let me help you out, Seraph:

1) Choose a hobby where you actually create something; painting, woodworking, singing, etc.

2)Share your work on the forum

3)Encourage feedback from other, more experienced forum members.

Congratulations, you are now much more interesting.

e: Here's a little ambient something I wrote on my iPad. If it makes you feel better, you can pretend you created it, until, of course, someone asks you to make another song.

https://soundcloud.com/user-710437758/something

e:To be clear, this is music composed by someone who also has bipolar, but the treatment seems to be working well. Be more like me.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 27, 2020

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Rectal ReBUTTal posted:

That’s the sound of poorly manufactured equipment on fire.

Ask your doc for Lithium. I’ve heard it works for the vast majority of people who are unresponsive or tolerant of other meds. I’ve never taken it, but I’m not bipolar. HTH, gl!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
"I don't think about you at all" -The guy who has spent the last half-dozen years registering accounts, creating fake identities and aliases, trolling and begging, and generally being an obsessive weirdo about people who don't want to interact with him.

Yes Seraph, you are totally Don Draper in that scene.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Rectal Death Adept posted:

You do understand that a final punishment like a permaban can only be given to one forum post and your disgusting age of consent bullshit, while not given the "USER HAS BEEN PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST" message, was part of the reason you were permanently banned?

Now I'm not a huge brain Bitcoin Genius able to become a millionaire with my High IQ but it seems to me you should realize you, as a person, were permabanned. Not one specific post.

a permaban should go through all of a person's posts and mark them all with USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR ALL THESE POSTS

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
fwiw also nobody dislikes you simply for lucking out and making tons of money, there was a goon named Lote that won a world series of poker event in like his third try and he was super cool about it and said basically wow I got really lucky this is great instead of "haha you guys played these events for 10 years and I already got a bracelet? drat how am I so much better than all of you".

Anyway I haven't met him but a lot of other poker goons have and everyone loves that guy and says he is super chill. Even if you think you won at bitcoin because you personally were a genius about it and not because you got lucky at gambling, probably keep it to yourself if you don't want to look like an rear end in a top hat

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
let me be clear

Thankscoining
Nov 27, 2020

by Athanatos

Seraph is trying so hard to BE interesting while stubbornly ignoring HOW to be interesting. It must be so frustrating for him to not understand why people don't accept him.

Let me help you out, Seraph:

1) Choose a hobby where you actually create something; painting, woodworking, singing, etc.

2)Share your work on the forum

3)Encourage feedback from other, more experienced forum members.

Congratulations, you are now much more interesting.
Okay, rate my cooking:

Broccoli and cauliflower casserole (with aged cheddar and gruyere cheese):

Maple Sweet potato casserole:

Now let me help YOU out, friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv4OuumLbOQ

Stefan Prodan posted:

Even if you think you won at bitcoin because you personally were a genius about it and not because you got lucky at gambling, probably keep it to yourself if you don't want to look like an rear end in a top hat
Forum-that-can-dish-it-out-but-can't-take-it.txt

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thankscoining fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
lol idk why I even bother dude do whatever you want