Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

Well, it's not meant to be mostly single player.

But if you look at the Steam numbers it definitely is.

The way the game is designed certainly makes it feel like the grindy multiplayer bullshit was tacked on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

First Hawkeye is coming by the end of the year, second Hawkeye most likely gets cancelled in a "we need to take a year to fix the game sorry" Anthem move.

They just announced that Kate is coming Dec 8th with her campaign focused around time travel and trying to save Clint and Clint is coming "early next year" with his campaign taking place in a future where the Maestro is in charge.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

They just announced that Kate is coming Dec 8th with her campaign focused around time travel and trying to save Clint and Clint is coming "early next year" with his campaign taking place in a future where the Maestro is in charge.

I'm laughing imagining Hawkeye vs the Maestro.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I'm laughing imagining Hawkeye vs the Maestro.

The bow and arrow guys always beat the big mega villains.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

The bow and arrow guys always beat the big mega villains.

Maestro killed Superman. Hawkeye would be hosed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One Kate costume they showed missing from the image on the previous page is her in the evil circus outfit from Fraction's run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqiAotnCIBY

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
the problem is that I've already deleted the game because multiplayer in GoT was too fun and then Miles Morales came out. But it's got a solid enough single player for 30 bucks and even doing the multiplayer solo more often than not, it kept me playing until about three weeks ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Maestro killed Superman. Hawkeye would be hosed.

I mean Green Arrow and The Atom killed Darkseid

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

One Kate costume they showed missing from the image on the previous page is her in the evil circus outfit from Fraction's run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqiAotnCIBY

I wasn't expecting Kate's story to be so expansive. That looks pretty good! I still think it's weird that they're releasing two Hawkeyes one after the other. I was expecting both of them to come out at the same time to serve as alternate skins for multiplayer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They probably already had the work mostly done for the Hawkeye and Hawkeye mini campaigns but with the tepid sales I would hazard a guess that subsequent heroes might not get their own stories.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soonmot posted:

the problem is that I've already deleted the game because multiplayer in GoT was too fun and then Miles Morales came out. But it's got a solid enough single player for 30 bucks and even doing the multiplayer solo more often than not, it kept me playing until about three weeks ago.

Miles Morales is only about 8 hours long so that's free space soon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

70 dollar DLC Miles Morales.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Miles morales was still a better expenditure of funds than this game, even if I've already platinumed the game

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I've been watching SA Goon Slowbeef do a LP of Batman: Arkham Origins where he is going for Platinum.

It just reminds me that the game was a lot better than all the hate it got.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Marvel's Avengers is currently $29.99 on Steam.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

The Question IRL posted:

I've been watching SA Goon Slowbeef do a LP of Batman: Arkham Origins where he is going for Platinum.

It just reminds me that the game was a lot better than all the hate it got.

To be fair, it made a lot of bad choices. The basic stuff from City is all there, and that all feels good, and then you have things like certain upgrades being blocked off because you have to do something, and there's only a couple times you can do them in the entire game, or the story fizzling a bit (I thought it was... fine, but I do agree with basically every criticism of it). Of the four main games I'd personally say it's tied for the weakest (I felt that Knight's flaws dragged it down a bit), but I also feel that the worst Arkham game is still pretty drat good.

Marvel's Avengers is currently $29.99 on Steam.

Oof.

Edit: vv Yup, yup, yup, 100% agree with all of that.

catlord fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 21, 2020

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Origins remains on my poo poo list. It straight up reuses City sidequests like blowing up Titan Bird stuff with the explosive gel or Anarky's bombs being just the same as Zsasz's phones or the repeated AR glide challenges. It was the glitchiest of the 4 for me, with me constantly experiencing loading in without physics and falling through the floor. Quality of life upgrades like Critical Strikes are locked behind not just sidequests, but the challenge system where you have to do things like that Predator challenge that is available like exactly twice in the entire story. Plus you can't do them out of order. So if you miss it, you have to do New Game+ to try again and you can't attempt any of the challenges after it. That the story becomes about The Joker instead of running with its rad premise was just mean.

It's not a bad game despite all of that, but it's a pretty weak follow up to City.

The multiplayer was fun as heck though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looks like Avengers is $30 on Xbox too. I imagine it also is on PS4/5 but I haven't checked.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

Looks like Avengers is $30 on Xbox too. I imagine it also is on PS4/5 but I haven't checked.

I'm tempted with Kate coming and I'm told that if you just do the story stuff it's fun, but I'm still kinda reluctant.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I like Origins over Knight there i said it :colbert:. Maybe it's just because I got lucky and never experienced a glitch but honestly I liked it and it doesn't leave me with as bad a taste in my mouth as something like Arkham Knight's totally shocking reveal :geno: or that goddamn car.

The only thing that really ticked me off in Origins was the end to the Enigma story. Like wow, he was the Riddler the whole time, who could have possibly loving guessed? Every other game has the decency to let you beat him but the Origins team seems to think the reveal alone is actually remotely surprising and that finding it is a win.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dawgstar posted:

I'm tempted with Kate coming and I'm told that if you just do the story stuff it's fun, but I'm still kinda reluctant.

My take is that I'll wait for it to be like ten to fifteen bucks after I get a PS5. If you got base PS4 or Xbox then it's really not worth it with how bad it runs there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

70 dollar DLC Miles Morales.

It's $50. The $70 one comes with the first game.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

It's $50. The $70 one comes with the first game.

No the $70 dlc comes with the ability to upgrade your old copy of the original to the ps5 version. If you get the $50 version you have to pay for that. If you don't get either you're hosed on upgrading. The entire business plan for this is confusing anti consumer bullshit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spider-Man Remastered is DLC for Miles Morales. It needs the Miles base game to run, supposedly.

The PS4 game isn't upgradeable at all, though it is playable on the PS5 through BC. What you wrote implies you need to own Spider-Man PS4 to make use of the Remastered DLC somehow.

Spider-Man came out over 2 years ago and can be bought for $10, of course they aren't giving you the upgrade for free for owning it.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 22, 2020

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You also can play Spider-Man PS4 on the PS5 with literally zero issues and it actually runs better to boot. Once I realized that I couldn't justify spending $20 on something that already played and looked fine when the biggest thing I would have wanted was faster loading times.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I bought the $70 version accidentally and I can't actually figure out how to access the PS5 Spider-Man which is kind of annoying!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Has anybody here played Miles Morales on the PS4 and if so how does it run? I'm probably not gonna get a PS5 for a while but I do wanna play MM if it's good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Has anybody here played Miles Morales on the PS4 and if so how does it run? I'm probably not gonna get a PS5 for a while but I do wanna play MM if it's good.

It runs absolutely fine. Just about as good as SMPS4. It just is less shiny and has longer loading times (including a few areas where they are annoying because it clearly was designed with the insta-loading of the PS5 in mind.)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TwoPair posted:

From what I heard, it runs as well as the original on PS4, a near-locked 30fps with minor hiccups. More detailed than the original, too. The only thing you're really missing on is some hair/fur effects, and raytracing or 60 fps.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It ran perfectly for me but weirdly as soon as I beat the campaign it started getting really bad frame rate drops when free roaming. Starting a new game plus fixed it.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I bought the $70 version accidentally and I can't actually figure out how to access the PS5 Spider-Man which is kind of annoying!

I brought the disc version and it just came with a code I redeemed. I assume that buying the digital version just gives you both the Miles Morales and Spider-Man Remastered apps. Maybe it's in your game library on the PS5 and still needs to be installed/downloaded?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Veotax posted:

I brought the disc version and it just came with a code I redeemed. I assume that buying the digital version just gives you both the Miles Morales and Spider-Man Remastered apps. Maybe it's in your game library on the PS5 and still needs to be installed/downloaded?

Yeah, I can see Spider-Man and it says it's PS4 version, which is what is confusing me. Sony has not done a good job with this transition.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Weird, is there an option to switch to the PS5 version in the '...' menu? I know that some games with upgrades just combine PS4/5 games into a single entry.

But yeah, Sony has done a bad job with a bunch of stuff like this. The PS5 upgrade of the disc version of Watch Dogs: Legion doesn't seem to be available in the UK currently, there is no option to upgrade anywhere that I can find. Though that could be a Ubisoft fuckup I guess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, I haven't checked, but that seems to be what to do, based on listening to podcasts and such. The greater point is that hiding the updated version under a menu is very stupid and bad, and Sony has done a bad job with this transition (though some of that can be attributed to third parties not doing free upgrades).

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

TwoPair posted:

It runs about as well as original Spider-Man (on my vanilla PS4) but it is pretty dang crashy (I'd say maybe one out of every three sessions) and there was at least one mission that seemed to be bugged out where if you died in it it would just sit there and not automatically reload you from the checkpoint

Though I've heard the crashiness might be tied to using rest mode, so I dunno

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood

TwoPair posted:

It ran smoothly for the most part. There were a few cutscenes that stuttered a bit with the background loading and returning to gameplay after the credits was unplayable, stopping to load every few meters. Closing the game and reopening it fixed the latter issue. It didn’t come back again during any of the postgame content. Otherwise it played just as smoothly as the first Insomniac Spider-man.

It’s quite a bit shorter than the original, and I feel there could have been a few minor story tweaks to make certain events more justified or impactful. Overall I enjoyed it and would say it’s worth the price of entry. Also, they said the remastered original will be available separately for $20 at some future date, so don’t feel you need to get the ultimate version now or risk missing out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah the Ultimate gives you earlier access but no discount.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

It runs absolutely fine. Just about as good as SMPS4. It just is less shiny and has longer loading times (including a few areas where they are annoying because it clearly was designed with the insta-loading of the PS5 in mind.)

There were a couple times where I had to reload checkpoints because an interaction prompt wouldn't appear, but yeah it ran fine on my ps4. Ended up getting platinum on it the other day. What's really great is how different Miles palys compared to Peter. The basics are still there, but his venom abilities combined with being able to gently caress off and hide with camo meant there were bases where I stealth cleared the entire map they way I always wanted to instead of being auto spotted after one wave.

EDIT: Oh, i did have a couple crashes, but the auto save system is good enough that I didn't lose much, if any progress.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

catlord posted:

To be fair, it made a lot of bad choices. The basic stuff from City is all there, and that all feels good, and then you have things like certain upgrades being blocked off because you have to do something, and there's only a couple times you can do them in the entire game, or the story fizzling a bit (I thought it was... fine, but I do agree with basically every criticism of it). Of the four main games I'd personally say it's tied for the weakest (I felt that Knight's flaws dragged it down a bit), but I also feel that the worst Arkham game is still pretty drat good.

Yeah. I get why they blocked off some upgrades (to make it so that you couldn’t just buy the best upgrades straight up and to give an incentive for doing side quests.
And the challenge ladder stuff being possible to mess up and get locked out of was a poor design move.

But watching Slowbeef’s LP, I saw that the design for progression of the game (how the Riddler/Enigma stuff was unlocked) was better than how it appeared in City. (Making it Unlock Tower which gives you Relays which then give you informants which give you the Data Packs) seemed a better system.

It’s also got better boss fights. Yes it doesn’t have the Mr. Freeze fight from City, but Deathstroke is just the combat version of Freeze’s predator boss. And a load of the other boss fights (Copperhead, Firefly, Killer Croc, Bane) all work better than the other Arkham games boss fights.

Even the story flows better than City. Like it makes a logical sense and has emotional development for the main characters. While City is more “Batman get’s poisoned. Better go to these places and see if there is a cure.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

The Question IRL posted:

It’s also got better boss fights. Yes it doesn’t have the Mr. Freeze fight from City, but Deathstroke is just the combat version of Freeze’s predator boss. And a load of the other boss fights (Copperhead, Firefly, Killer Croc, Bane) all work better than the other Arkham games boss fights.

This is one part where Origins stands head and shoulders above Knight. I was pissed at Knight's Deathstroke fight. How could they mess that up that badly?