Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Its Rinaldo posted:

It doesn't even have a laser dick how shameful

This is the interwebs sir. You can be sure someone gave him at least THREE laser dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Arcsquad12 posted:

They look like Morrowind Silt Striders.

The whole planet gave me Morrowind vibes, complete with the low draw distance.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Kesper North posted:

This episode also contained a Lothcat.

They also had one last season, on the planet where Cara was Baby Yoda came face to face with one in the tavern.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm rewatching the episode, and I wonder if that charm Ahsoka wears on her right hip is her old padawan braid she somehow recovered. If so, :unsmith:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Thrawn name drop was given a lot of dramatic weight for something that a lot of people won't get. It's something they avoided with Asohka, Bo-Katan, and the Darksaber.

I've never watched Clone Wars or Rebels or anything but I did read a lot of the old EU books so I geeked out like crazy when they name dropped Thrawn. This show reminds me of when I was in middle school and playing the Decipher CCG and reading Tales of the Bounty Hunters and I love it. I'm aware of Ahsoka so it was cool seeing her become a "real" part of Star Wars. I have no idea who the Magistrate is or what their beef was all about but that's kind of what I love about Star Wars and all the EU bullshit, there's something more there and I can go find out about it if I want to, but if I don't it was still a good episode on its own merits.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Do any of the animated spin-offs offer any clues as to why Rey would know the name Luke Skywalker while Ahsoka wouldn't?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dick Jones posted:

Do any of the animated spin-offs offer any clues as to why Rey would know the name Luke Skywalker while Ahsoka wouldn't?

Nope. Rey is a fangirl and half of TFA is a metacommentary on what would happen if a star wars fan became the protagonist of a star wars movie.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Dick Jones posted:

She might she just might not trust a Skywalker.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Or she's just willing to trust The Force itself to guide the appropriate person, whoever it may be, to Grogu.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

teagone posted:

Where do Kyle Katarn, Dash Rendar, and Mara Jade fall on that dumb/aggressively terrible spectrum? Or are they in the 5% that's good?

I can't speak to Kyle Katarn. I have very vague memories of Shadows of the Empire that mostly center around some creepy crime dude trying to use his Sex Farts to seduce Leia. Dash Rendar was kind of the knockoff Han Solo because real Han Solo was stuck in carbonite, I think.

Mara Jade was pretty cool on the whole, but, honestly, I think a lot of what made her cool is already there in Ahsoka. I kind of look at Ahsoka as the Disney canon version of Mara Jade. Especially since Luke apparently ends up as a mildly incel depressed hermit in the end.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 28, 2020

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Baby Yoda is entirely a fan / media / production thing.

?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Most of us still call him the Mandalorian or Mando even though we know his name is Din I expect Baby yoda will be similar.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

So when they put Grogu on top of that beacon, Sith are going to find him too, right, not just Jedi?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
What Sith / Sith-adjacent people are around at this point?

Not sure of the current post-RotJ canon.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Thrawn name drop was given a lot of dramatic weight for something that a lot of people won't get. It's something they avoided with Asohka, Bo-Katan, and the Darksaber.

I think the idea was to drive home that Grand Admiral Thrawn is a significant name indicating somebody who will play an important part in the story.

That said, as cool as Bo-Katan and Ahsoka were when they showed up (and they were very cool), ultimately they have the same role as Dr. Mandible and Frog Lady's Husband - to send Din on to the next part of his quest. Part of the points of the Darksaber and Thrawn are as reasons why Bo-Katan and/or Ahsoka aren't joining Din - because they've got important goals of their own to pursue.

As for Thrawn, he's kind of a strange character because there's sort of a conflicting vision around him.

In Rebels Thrawn is a bad guy. He's not cartoonishly evil like Palpatine. He has positive, even admirable qualities. Even so, there's no doubt that his goal is to destroy the Rebellion utterly. He might regret the deaths of some of the Rebels he admires, but he'll kill them all the same.

Meanwhile, in the various Disney canon Thrawn books by Timothy Zahn Thrawn comes off somewhat differently. He is knowingly serving the Empire, certainly, but he generally does so as... non-destructively as circumstance allow - except when he's dealing with something he considers to be evil.

So you have this character portrayed one way in the more well-known media and in a very different way in the books written by his original creator.

At the same time, though, it's not like the books are some goofy fanfiction thing. They were produced at Disney's behest and presumably approved by Disney, so they're effectively "canon" as well.

FogHelmut posted:

So when they put Grogu on top of that beacon, Sith are going to find him too, right, not just Jedi?

Theoretically, but as far as Ahsoka knows, the Sith are all dead. The last of them went up when Death Star II went Ka-Boom.

One thing to consider is that Ahsoka had a secondary reason to send Din where she did. Per Rebels, Ahsoka knows of one other good Force-user, Ezra Bridger. She might be hoping that Din and son will send their message and get Ezra to reveal himself so she can find him. Meanwhile, she's got other leads to pursue and loving off to Jedi Mountain might let those leads get colder.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 28, 2020

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oh god Mando is gonna duel Gideon on the mountaintop on Typhon for Baby Yoda with the beskar spear and take the Dark Saber from his corpse

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Y'know, I could see Ezra Bridger growing up to look like Sam Witwer. He's not going to share a scene with Maul again.

Unless Lars is unavailable or turns it down I really see no reason he couldn't do Thawn in live action. But it sounds like Thrawn and Gideon have seperate agendas, after all these Thrawn-aligned guys could have informed Gideon who likely would be interested in Ahsoka either for her own blood or to bait Mando and Grogu.

Grogu responding to Mando saying his name was incredibly sweet. I hope they reveal he's spent time in stasis because even if his race lives to expire of old age at 800 as Yoda did 50 years is too long to not be able to talk.

Also since it seems the universe at large doesn't know how many Jedi survivors there are at this stage, it's worth noting that Cal Kestis Could survive to post-Imperial era depending on any sequels to Fallen Order, and his likeness is based on his actor so if they ever wanted him showing up that's an option.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BizarroAzrael posted:

Unless Lars is unavailable or turns it down I really see no reason he couldn't do Thawn in live action.
They have to have someone lined up if they're dropping his name like this.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Honestly they need to have Mando lose the armor as a stake raising act II/cliffhanger/whatever thing. At this point now that we know the stuff stops lightsabers he's pretty much playing in God Mode. He could have let Kylo Reese get off his little sneaky shot with the holdout blaster, walked up to him while he emptied the rest of it, and backhanded him.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Loved this episode. I liked how Ashoka's tactics in the very beginning were reminiscent of Anakin at times, and that last standoff between Dinn and the gunfighter was just so good. Baby Yoda's name seems on brand for whatever species he is supposed to be, so I'm on board with it. I also loved seeing the lightsaber vs. beskar steel, because that was something we hadn't ever explicitly been shown before.

Although I have to admit I got excited when Thrawn's name was dropped, so I'm eager to see where they go with that and if he somehow has something to do with the rise of the First Order, or he's doing Chiss Ascendency things. I never read the last book of his new trilogy because I hated Alliances so much, so I don't know if that Ascendency plot ever amounted to anything.

I also didn't mind that they name dropped major characters without any real context for casual viewers because that's pretty much exactly how the original trilogy introduced everything. But having read most of the new EU and watched everything except Resistance, it was exciting to see this stuff brought into a new medium.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
it would be good character development for mando to go from anti-droid racist to taking down a space phrenologist

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

Everyone posted:

I think the idea was to drive home that Grand Admiral Thrawn is a significant name indicating somebody who will play an important part in the story.

That said, as cool as Bo-Katan and Ahsoka were when they showed up (and they were very cool), ultimately they have the same role as Dr. Mandible and Frog Lady's Husband - to send Din on to the next part of his quest. Part of the points of the Darksaber and Thrawn are as reasons why Bo-Katan and/or Ahsoka aren't joining Din - because they've got important goals of their own to pursue.

As for Thrawn, he's kind of a strange character because there's sort of a conflicting vision around him.

In Rebels Thrawn is a bad guy. He's not cartoonishly evil like Palpatine. He has positive, even admirable qualities. Even so, there's no doubt that his goal is to destroy the Rebellion utterly. He might regret the deaths of some of the Rebels he admires, but he'll kill them all the same.[/spoilers]

Meanwhile, in the various Disney canon Thrawn books by Timothy Zahn Thrawn comes off somewhat differently. He is knowingly serving the Empire, certainly, but he generally does so as... non-destructively as circumstance allow - except when he's dealing with something he considers to be evil.

So you have this character portrayed one way in the more well-known media and in a very different way in the books written by his original creator.

At the same time, though, it's not like the books are some goofy fanfiction thing. They were produced at Disney's behest and presumably approved by Disney, so they're effectively "canon" as well.

Theoretically, but as far as Ahsoka knows, the Sith are all dead. The last of them went up when Death Star II went Ka-Boom.

One thing to consider is that Ahsoka had a secondary reason to send Din where she did. Per Rebels, Ahsoka knows of one other good Force-user, Ezra Bridger. She might be hoping that Din and son will send their message and get Ezra to reveal himself so she can find him. Meanwhile, she's got other leads to pursue and loving off to Jedi Mountain might let those leads get colder.

I may be wrong, but didn’t Thrawn agree to help the empire as a way of sparing the Chiss? It was not that he he was a true believer, but being in a position of power made it so he could pull strings to protect his planet. If that is the case, what would his motivation be after Yavin?

Also, I had the same thought about Ezra, Ashoka saw an opportunity to further her search for him.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Captain Snaps posted:

I may be wrong, but didn’t Thrawn agree to help the empire as a way of sparing the Chiss? It was not that he he was a true believer, but being in a position of power made it so he could pull strings to protect his planet. If that is the case, what would his motivation be after Yavin?

Also, I had the same thought about Ezra, Ashoka saw an opportunity to further her search for him.

Not really. The overall concept I got was that Thrawn was helping the Empire to turn their military might against various threats in the Unknown Regions in conjunction with the Chiss.

Basically when it came to Palpatine and the Empire vs. the stuff in the Unknown Region, Thrawn considered Palp and friends to be the lesser evil.

That's one reason I'm excited to hear Thrawn's name in conjunction with Ahsoka's search. I'd like to see Thrawn and Ezra again, but even more than that, I want to see the poo poo that could make him view the Emperor as a helpful ally.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Tomtrek posted:

Yeah so overall while this episode wasn't perfect, I think it's the best possible way we could have brought a very popular animated character like Ahsoka over to live action and do it justice. Seeing Rosario Dawson be Ashoka but not Ashley Eckstein's Ahsoka was interesting but it worked. I hope they give Ashley Eckstein a cameo somewhere though, like they did for Matt Lanter last season.

So it's the flute melody here that plays from 01:48-01:55:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMzWN0BXmUg&t=108s

It plays throughout Ahsoka's appearences in Clone Wars & Rebels, but two of it's easiest to spot appearances are at the end of Season 5 of Clone Wars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE3AMWnfVXM&t=109s

and at the very end of Season 2 of Rebels, here on the brass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z09ezfIQ_o&t=27s

In this episode it plays three times that I spotted: at 04:04, when we first see her properly, at 29:12 when she appears in the village, and then throughout the end scene starting at 40:04.

Nice. Thanks for this!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Captain Snaps posted:

Based on the recent books, Thrawn was kicked out of the Chiss for starting a conflict (the Chiss make a big deal about never "shooting first"), but most likely he (and possibly others in the Chiss) saw this as an opportunity for him to make contact with the wider Galaxy and gather intel/advance Chiss causes. How much Thrawn is on the side of the Chiss isn't clear: the Emperor certainly suspects he has a greater allegiance to the Chiss than the Empire, and although the Emperor shows a significant interest in the Unknown Regions (which the Chiss society is in) he doesn't really show any immediate interest in going to beat up the Chiss. Thrawn isn't shown to be sending back constant spy reports to the Chiss or anything, but he does send a pal of his who he kept along (basically Watson to his Sherlock) over to the Chiss as both a capable officer for them and a source of intelligence for them about the Empire.

The newer books definitely have you rooting for Thrawn a lot because he does try to minimize civilian casualties in an Empire that's always recommending massacres, and he's constantly surrounded by thoroughly incompetent military leaders who are varying levels of racist towards him. The classic EU stuff had him as more of a clear-cut villain than he was even in Rebels; I think his presentation as a more heroic figure in the newer books is a reaction to how popular he became with the fans.

At minimum I think it's safe to say that in the current canon Thrawn had no problem with how the Empire was set up and did a LOT of work to support a definitely evil regime. He likely was hoping to establish an alliance between the Empire and the Chiss to help keep the Chiss safe from the unmentioned "Crazy poo poo that's at the fringes of the Galaxy" and I wish they'd just stop teasing me and acknowledge that "crazy poo poo" as the Yuuzhan Vong already.

Everyone posted:

That's one reason I'm excited to hear Thrawn's name in conjunction with Ahsoka's search. I'd like to see Thrawn and Ezra again, but even more than that, I want to see the poo poo that could make him view the Emperor as a helpful ally.

I'm very much of that mindset as well. Even if that poo poo is not the 'Vong to please my EU fanboy nature, and based on what we know of the canon it can't be a gigantic threat like the 'Vong were in the EU where they took over huge swathes of the galaxy including Coruscant, I want to see what kind of weird/unique threat the Star Wars peeps could come up with. Zahn's writing kind of a prequel trilogy based on Thrawn's time in Chiss society, so maybe that poo poo will be explored in that.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 28, 2020

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
I interpreted Ashoka's sly smile after the Mandalorian referenced her laser swords less as a giggle at the term laser sword and more as a giggle at the idea that she couldn't solo the base.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ahsoka says someone took him from the Temple, so we might get a new, unknown Jedi survivor of order 66 in this series. I've seen some people suggest Jocasta Nu for that.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Man I’m so bummed I never finished watching the Star Wars cartoons to get all the awesome backstory on all this jazz. But now there’s no way I have the time to dedicate to a giant marathon watch of two series :[

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oh god Mando is gonna duel Gideon on the mountaintop on Typhon for Baby Yoda with the beskar spear and take the Dark Saber from his corpse

of course. and then the last scene is somebody showing up for baby Yoda probably.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Ahsoka says someone took him from the Temple, so we might get a new, unknown Jedi survivor of order 66 in this series. I've seen some people suggest Jocasta Nu for that.

The Marvel Star Wars comics show that Jocasta survived Order 66 and she became this badass gadgeteer granny in exile who Vader hunts down and personally kills rather than leaving it up to the Inquisitors.

E: I just looked her up on Wookiepedia and apparently there was some cut scenes from Episode II that explicitly states that her and Dooku were in love before Dooku hosed off and joined the Sith, which is kinda neat actually.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 28, 2020

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What about the Jedi from the recent video game, he's Canon right?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

gizmojumpjet posted:

I interpreted Ashoka's sly smile after the Mandalorian referenced her laser swords less as a giggle at the term laser sword and more as a giggle at the idea that she couldn't solo the base.

I think it was a little of both but leaning more toward the "laser swords." Could Ahsoka solo the base? Sure. Could she solo the base and capture the Magistrate without any civilian prisoners getting murdered? Almost certainly not.

I think prior to Din meeting her, she'd made a reluctant peace with that, but since he was there, he'd be very helpful in saving the civilians and maybe keeping some of the various minions from distracting her while she dealt with the Magistrate.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What about the Jedi from the recent video game, he's Canon right?

Yes. The post-Disney EA games are canon. So basically our list of Currently Existing Jedi as of The Mandalorian consists of:
  • Luke
  • Leia
  • Ahsoka
  • Ezra
  • Cal

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Just watched the episode with my kids and loved it. My son, who has seen all the cartoons, was able to fill the rest of us in on who was who in this episode.

So are they going to be meeting Luke Skywalker? I believe during this time period he was traveling the galaxy searching for force sensitives to train.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Give us Kligson, you cowards! I want to re-live my Star Wars read-along memories!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I think Gideon survives this season. His story seems like it’s gonna take three to resolve, especially given the Darktrooper plot.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

nine-gear crow posted:

Yes. The post-Disney EA games are canon. So basically our list of Currently Existing Jedi as of The Mandalorian consists of:
  • Luke
  • Leia
  • Ahsoka
  • Ezra
  • Cal

Does Cere canonically bite it at some point after the events of Fallen Order?

Also, hear me out: Sebastian Stan and Astronautalis as young Luke and Lor San Tekka.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
OK, I fanboyed entirely too much during the episode ("Whoa, Ahsoka right off the bat! And there's her theme! And her owl-thingy in the trees! She just did her 'bring the two sabers together and ignite them' thing like with Vader!") so I must now regrettably lose all right to pretend like I can discuss Star Wars in a cool rational manner under all circumstances. Ah well, entirely too many of those folks seem to exist to write long screeds about how Star Wars sucks because it's not like their childhood, so perhaps no big loss there. I will say watching this with my father (a movie fan with no extended universe knowledge) he seems to follow along just fine, though my previously mentioned fanboy-ism does seem to compel me to give brief synopses of all this stuff. Doesn't seem to mind, but given he introduced me to Star Wars in the first place as a kid maybe he's used to dealing with it from me :D.

As for the episode itself, I agree with the folks who mentioned Star Wars works great when it channels Westerns and samurai films and this managed to do both which made it extra great (the Mandolorian doing the gunfighter standoff while Ahsoka had the samurai duel was perfect). And while too much focus on Jedi/Force stuff seems to make Star Wars crawl up its own rear end, it did feel good to see some of it again, worked fairly well in TV show format too. Plotwise, in retrospect it makes perfect sense Grogu (betting "Baby Yoda" will still stick more than that name will though) would have grown up at the Jedi Temple, the purge was less than 50 years ago in Mando's timeline so he would certainly have been born well before it, and in all honesty you'd think some training would be required to do some of the telekinetic tricks he's pulled. The Jedi no attachment thing rears its ugly head again, though I hope at least the show is going to shoot some well-deserved holes in it rather than argue their central theme of Lone Mando and Cub is somehow bad. I will grant that plus lingering Vader issues makes for a good reason for Ahsoka to say no to the job of training the kid at least.

Also, considering the Dark Trooper stuff from Dark Forces seems to be getting a revival, I can't help but wonder if they're going to steal another thing from that series and put some variation on the Valley of the Jedi in with Tython. The bad guys in the game series found said Valley by secretly tracking the hero there and used its power to make knock-off Force wielders called the Reborn; maybe they're building towards merging the two things and getting Reborn Dark Troopers in effect. God knows Dark Forces is one of the better sources to steal with, and while I suspect if they do go that route actual Kyle Katarn is DOA for the new canon, I must admit swapping him for Mando isn't entirely a bad trade.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What Sith / Sith-adjacent people are around at this point?

Not sure of the current post-RotJ canon.

The Emperor for one thanks to the last sequel movie, and it would definitely blow my mind if the kid reaches out and we suddenly hear Ian McDiarmid's voice respond... :stare: For a less tied-to-the-movies option, nothing says all the Inquisitors are dead by the show's time, though Rebels reduced their numbers enough I could buy them all being dead, unless maybe the previous plotline of the Empire kidnapping force sensitives comes up. On reflection the Empire trying to turn those kids into Dark Trooper fuel might well explain where Moff Gideon got the project from in the first place though, something previously started he's trying to perfect.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Y'know, I could see Ezra Bridger growing up to look like Sam Witwer. He's not going to share a scene with Maul again.

Unless Lars is unavailable or turns it down I really see no reason he couldn't do Thawn in live action. But it sounds like Thrawn and Gideon have seperate agendas, after all these Thrawn-aligned guys could have informed Gideon who likely would be interested in Ahsoka either for her own blood or to bait Mando and Grogu.

Grogu responding to Mando saying his name was incredibly sweet. I hope they reveal he's spent time in stasis because even if his race lives to expire of old age at 800 as Yoda did 50 years is too long to not be able to talk.

Also since it seems the universe at large doesn't know how many Jedi survivors there are at this stage, it's worth noting that Cal Kestis Could survive to post-Imperial era depending on any sequels to Fallen Order, and his likeness is based on his actor so if they ever wanted him showing up that's an option.

Might really be better to leave Ezra/Thrawn/etc. to their own plotline and just be a quick reference in this show, I think it's working better the way it's just dipping into those things where they fit its storyline and having happy little easter eggs for us Star Wars spergs rather than complicating things by hauling in too much of the EU at this point. Cal Kestis could work I suppose, enough of a blank slate there to tweak as needed. As for Grogu not talking, Ahsoka seems to converse with him without needing words so between all the Jedi he was raised with doing that that and the loooong growth time him not speaking Basic at this point still works. Hell, Yoda himself makes a pretty compelling data point that his species has issues speaking with others if that was the best Yoda could do after 900 years of hearing everybody else speak.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Honestly they need to have Mando lose the armor as a stake raising act II/cliffhanger/whatever thing. At this point now that we know the stuff stops lightsabers he's pretty much playing in God Mode. He could have let Kylo Reese get off his little sneaky shot with the holdout blaster, walked up to him while he emptied the rest of it, and backhanded him.

Nah, it's kind of his look so I don't see that likely happening. It's not that bad for having risk in the plot anyway; beskar makes him tough but not invincible, the stormtroopers were able to knock him down with concentrated fire and Jango shows Jedi can still nail a Mando at the vulnerable parts which probably holds just as well with the kind of skilled blaster gunmen that Mando should have trouble with. Add in he's constantly protecting a robe-wearing baby and whatever innocent people he's been dragged into protecting each episode, and I don't think the armor removes all challenge and tension from the show. I admit losing his helmet in a fight, particularly if it was to protect Grogu, would be a good way to up the stakes if need be. I will say he seems much more competent this season compared to last, though at least the whole affair with transporting Frog Mom and then nearly drowning shows his REALLY bad luck is still a thing.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Phylodox posted:

Give us Kligson, you cowards! I want to re-live my Star Wars read-along memories!

Totally misread this and wondered just what kind of universe hopping we’re doing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner