Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean they didn't even let Cure Stan Hansen lariat a monster of the week. That right there is a huge misstep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think they were asking about the mid-season attack specifically

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If he is, the mid-season attack involved the girls putting on very thick, unappealing make-up to do it that made them look like clowns at best. The actual attack also had them singing, which at least made it feel like it went on for a lot longer than equivalent finishers.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Oh that? Parents probably just complained and they changed it. Not like it hasn't happened before (hello Pripara ending)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

If he is, the mid-season attack involved the girls putting on very thick, unappealing make-up to do it that made them look like clowns at best. The actual attack also had them singing, which at least made it feel like it went on for a lot longer than equivalent finishers.

Didn’t they eventually trim it down a bit though?

Though in terms of makeup in Precure, Ace’s lipstick weapon from DokiDoki wasn’t bad (she and the Smile crew technically also used makeup to transform).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 28, 2020

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They probably did, all the images I could find of Innocent Form weren't as bad as I remember. Hugtto also managed to do it the whole show okay anyway, so I was kinda being facetious.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I was indeed talking about the finisher. And as for Huggto that was a show that was firing on cylinders from minute one. I bought into Huggto instantly, I had to force myself through five episodes of HaCha before I dropped it.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I am an avid Hacha defender, but it has a lot of problems I think were outlined pretty well.

Hugttos first half is the best Precure has ever been, and as soon as they introduce the extra cures as cures and not just the best background characters, it tanks kinds hard.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I kinda liked HaCha (the first half anyway) but could not get into Hugtto in any way, shape, or form :shrug: Except for the big crossover episodes, they were gimmicky but fun.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I really liked Hugtto especially the mid-season Emiru/Ruru arc but the ending just kinda of really soured me on the show as a whole

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Hugtto ending is slightly better if you assume the guy we see running to the hospital after Hana goes into labor wasn’t George and whatever relationship they had in the original timeline was entirely one sided on his part, also Henri and Emiru’s older brother Masato were happily in a relationship with one another by the end which was nice. Still wasn’t a great finale though.

Anyway....

Healin Good 34: Healin' Good was once again essentially a sports anime tonight, with Chiyu having a rival who ended up encouraging her to aim bigger. I liked the small gag where Chiyu was running all over town to find Tsubasa, but Nodoka and Hinata weren't able to keep up with her. They just don't have that kind of stamina.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Larryb posted:

The Hugtto ending is slightly better if you assume the guy we see running to the hospital after Hana goes into labor wasn’t George and whatever relationship they had in the original timeline was entirely one sided on his part, also Henri and Emiru’s older brother Masato were happily in a relationship with one another by the end which was nice. Still wasn’t a great finale though.

I could probably do that and be okay with it if they didn't also Break up Emiru/Ruru and have Emiru make a replacement which came off creppy and not heart warming at all. I thought Zako learned from the ending of Fresh but nope

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I could probably do that and be okay with it if they didn't also Break up Emiru/Ruru and have Emiru make a replacement which came off creppy and not heart warming at all. I thought Zako learned from the ending of Fresh but nope

Good point, though didn’t they also show a child Ruru in a brief flashback earlier in the series(and the movie sort of foreshadowed it a little as well)? Meaning that technically was Ruru but just as she was when she was first created and therefore without most of her memories. Granted, that doesn’t really make it much better mind you.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 29, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Looks like Netflix Snatched the rights to Sailor Moon Crystal Season 4 Eternal offa Viz

Can only laugh at the incredibly silly ‘animation marketing’ title.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Why the name change? Pretty sure people still know what Sailor Moon is.

Anyway, apparently magazine scans showing the Tropical Rouge team have been leaked but Hibiki has chosen not to post them on her Twitter, know anywhere else I could possibly look?

If not, I imagine they’ll be up on the website before long at this rate.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

Why the name change? Pretty sure people still know what Sailor Moon is.

There’s two possibilities; One, this is a codename to disguise the license from the prying eyes of us mere mortals which, as noted, did not work because they put the original title in the billing.

Two: “Astro Girl” is a title used to shop the property around, like how Entoki Films had some utterly bizzare marketing titles for thier shows, most apropo here being Ursula’s Kiss for Revolutionary Girl Utena.
Its incredibly dumb (everyone knows what a Sailor Moon is in this context) but it is what it is.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kind of odd that Viz lost the license for some reason (if that’s the case and they’re not just changing where they show it) but if so hopefully the new cast will be decent.

I’m hoping that after they finally adapt the manga version of Stars they’ll either do something new with the brand, adapt Codename: Sailor V or just let the franchise die in peace already.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Toei might just prefer a company that's 100% up for kissing their asses as opposed to Viz who would at least insist that they get the masters and not what was dredged up from behind Dic’s couch.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 30, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Healin Good movie trailer:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=srBs-LBIPo4

I really like the fusion gimmick between the Cures and the Healing Animals, a pity we likely won’t see it in the series though.

Also the new girl’s name is apparently Kaguya.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 1, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Healin Good 35: That was a weird episode, but a great one. After watching a 70s/80s style volleyball anime, Latte asks Asumi to warp the girls to the beach to play beach volleyball. Everyone except Hinata is really into it. It's a ridiculous episode, but it was a lot of fun to watch. No idea why a beach episode happened in December, but I found that quite enjoyable.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They did the Goranger's finisher! Good episode.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

Healin Good 35: That was a weird episode, but a great one. After watching a 70s/80s style volleyball anime, Latte asks Asumi to warp the girls to the beach to play beach volleyball. Everyone except Hinata is really into it. It's a ridiculous episode, but it was a lot of fun to watch. No idea why a beach episode happened in December, but I found that quite enjoyable.

Might have someth’ to do with the hiatus, given they’re out, what two, three months?
Logic would state such an episode would make sense about then.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

Might have someth’ to do with the hiatus, given they’re out, what two, three months?
Logic would state such an episode would make sense about then.

That’d make sense, still a fun episode regardless though.

This is the kind of Precure filler I like (just balls to the wall insanity like Smile often did), more of this please (it was also funny to see Hinata of all people play the straight man this time).

Also Guaiwaru kind of sucks at making monsters I’ve found (his first Giga Byogen got beaten fairly easily and this time he just wound up using a mere Mega).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 6, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Healin Good 36: Hinata's not that bright, but she made up with her friend. Also, she has the nickname "Natasha." And we got to meet her dad. Fun little one-off episode. Next week is a fairy-focused episode.

Off the subject, are they just repurposing old scripts in Healin Good now? This is the second time in a row where the monster was just a normal Mega Byogen and they defeated it via the old methods.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 13, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tropical Rouge has been officially revealed:

YouTube user Magical Cinnamon (who typically breaks a lot of Precure news) posted a video earlier discussing the rumored names and after seeing the leaks, I think they might be true because they also mentioned the mascot being a sea lion or seal which seems to be true.

The names he said were Cure Summer, Cure Coral, Cure Papaya and Cure Flamingo.

As for the girl with the pink hair and the blue outfit, I think she might be the sea lion mascot. Not only is there a picture going around that has just the 2 of them on merchandise, they also look similar to each other.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dwoO0omc0Io

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Dec 13, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And another picture:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Definitely a bigger fan of the character designs in this one over the last couple of seasons. They come across as way more vibrant, especially with all the hair accessories and stylings. And yeah the pink haired, blue eyed girl doesn't have a matching shell accessory on her chest, so I think she is either the seal or another character closely related to it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Julias posted:

Definitely a bigger fan of the character designs in this one over the last couple of seasons. They come across as way more vibrant, especially with all the hair accessories and stylings. And yeah the pink haired, blue eyed girl doesn't have a matching shell accessory on her chest, so I think she is either the seal or another character closely related to it.

Yeah, the current rumor is that the pink haired girl isn’t a Cure but rather just the fairy of the season in human form (which I’m guessing means our inevitable Extra Cure will probably be green or blue).

Kind of a pity the rumors about this featuring a duo and a possible White Cure didn’t turn out to be true but we did get another Red at least.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As mentioned above it seems we’ve got some likely names as well:

Cure Summer - Pink
Cure Papaya - Yellow
Cure Coral - Purple
Cure Flamingo - Red

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Big fan of these designs especially Red's

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Big fan of these designs especially Red's

Pink and Red are my personal favorites so far yes, Yellow sort of reminds me of Cure Pine as well (she’s even named after fruit).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 13, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

An interesting thing to me is that the pink haired girl/possible fairy is front and center on all the merch alongside the actual Cures which I don’t think has ever happened before. I guess she must play a pretty important role then.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

These designs are great, I'm looking forward to this!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We’ve also got a shot of the fairy (check the bag on the lower left):

So either Pink Haired Girl literally is the fairy in human form or she’s connected to it in some fashion.

Either way, she must incredibly important to the story considering they’re promoting her just as much as they are the actual Cures.

Also I notice that Papaya (Yellow) and Coral (Purple) sort of have similar looking faces. I wonder if they’re sisters or otherwise related somehow.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 14, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Tropical Rouge names have now been conformed:

-Pink: Cure Summer

-Red: Cure Flamingo

-Yellow: Cure Papaya

-Purple: Cure Coral

-Pink Haired Girl: Laura

-Seal fairy: Ururun

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As for Healin Good, good episode this week and if her line at the end is to be taken at face value it seems Lady Teatine will be making a personal house call to Earth at some point.

Considering we now have less than 10 episodes to go I'm guessing the next 4 will be the obligatory character wrap-up episodes they do every season followed by a late Christmas special (should they feel like including it) and then immediately on to the final arc.

I forget, what week will this show be on break for again?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 20, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Tropical Rouge movie has been slated for Fall 2021, which likely means no crossover movie next year (though the Healin Good movie will be coming out in its place):

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/409846

Also the blog post about Healin Good being 46 episodes and ending in February seems to have been removed so I’m now not entirely sure whether it was legit or not (I hope so because otherwise we’re likely in for a pretty rushed finale),

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 22, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And finally, Tropical Rouge has been confirmed to be coming to Crunchyroll:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/12/22-1/crunchyroll-announces-winter-2021-anime-lineup

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Region locked, great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

Region locked, great.

Your region never got Healin Good either right? Well since there are still some fansub groups working on the former it stands to reason someone else will start subbing Tropical Rouge as well.