Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

When I finish this game, Norman Reedus will always be inside me and I will always be him, just a little bit.

Also finding myself suddenly far more cognizant of my own motions, the way I walk, my own center of gravity. I think that’s neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Robotnik Nudes posted:

When I finish this game, Norman Reedus will always be inside me and I will always be him, just a little bit.

Also finding myself suddenly far more cognizant of my own motions, the way I walk, my own center of gravity. I think that’s neat.

The Death Stranding Effect.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
Has this thread been named "Press 5 to Like the climbing piton" yet?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'd like it if music assigned to ziplines played the whole time you rode them. It would be a genuinely good thing imo, and also way funnier to perfectly place great ziplines that play the obnoxious industrial track that's in the selection. If for whatever reason people on your shard aren't upgrading their or your ziplines it's also a great way to incentivise them already which would be made more effective

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Yeah ziplines generally need more to do. Can't even look at the map while you're riding along.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

They should just get rid of the zip lines

And the roads :getin:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Two lane roads, no other traffic, with infinite motive power as long as you ride the center line, in the age of remote 3d printing, and this truck has no radio. It tracks with company trucks, but drat. Strap a boombox to the dash or something.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You'd think the mule trucks for sure would have a short wave fm transmitter that plugs into the 3.5 Jack on a Sony Discman

E: sorry realised I posted spoilers for the name of what I assume is the final boss (I haven't finished it yet)

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 28, 2020

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Sam. It's me, Deadman. Did you know? Human civilization's downfall was swiftly expedited by it's failure to get BT's to groove.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

You'd think the mule trucks for sure would have a short wave fm transmitter that plugs into the 3.5 Jack on a Sony Discman

E: sorry realised I posted spoilers for the name of what I assume is the final boss (I haven't finished it yet)

Knowing this game's themes it'd actually be spelled Sonny Discman

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Not bad at all, that could sit right alongside Princess Beach

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

CJacobs posted:

Rude of you to own me so badly by coming up with the perfect version of my joke and then quoting it so I can't edit it and claim it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Rude of you to own me so badly by coming up with the perfect version of my joke and then quoting it so I can't edit it and claim it

Hey, you built the PCC, I just provided the ceramics.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

CJacobs posted:

Hey, you built the PCC, I just provided the ceramics.

I'm not near my computer. Putting out a supply request for an audio sample from 'rollin' by limp bizkit embedded in this. Thanks.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I found Conan O'Brien living in a cave and he gave me an otter hat and keeps emailing me about it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It's actually a protective headpiece iirc. I dunno if I need to spoiler that. I keep forgetting I have it on

Do we have a specific thread somewhere to substantively argue the semantic quantifying differences between an email and a DM in the platonic style? It's this thread I'm pretty sure.

Ive already got 'so a Reddit private message is an email?' hot in the clipboard

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 29, 2020

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Would someone mind giving me the TL;DR on where PC modding with Death Stranding is? I platinum'd the game on the PS4 when it came out, and I've been looking for an excuse to play again on PC if there's some silly, extra bits of fun to be had

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Snackmar posted:

Would someone mind giving me the TL;DR on where PC modding with Death Stranding is? I platinum'd the game on the PS4 when it came out, and I've been looking for an excuse to play again on PC if there's some silly, extra bits of fun to be had

It's possible to extract many of the game's file types and read them, but sadly it's very hard at present to change things and import them back into the game in a generic way you can share with other people. The very first Decima engine model/mesh edit was posted in October so progress is a bit slow but it sure is progressing!

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Keeping on keeping on with the Katamari Music is still only possible with alt-tab. :(

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

CJacobs posted:

It's possible to extract many of the game's file types and read them, but sadly it's very hard at present to change things and import them back into the game in a generic way you can share with other people. The very first Decima engine model/mesh edit was posted in October so progress is a bit slow but it sure is progressing!

Thanks! I may still buy the game just because it's on sale, and wait to play it :D

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm still in episode 2, but I've just been tasked with hauling a shedload of aid from Capital to Port Knot City. How much farther before I can get/print new vehicles? I've only found the one trike at the distribution center, that I powered after getting back from the wind farm. I immediately lost it Skyrimming my way across the ridge to shortcut back to the incinerator area. :(

(I drat well made it, though. Sam must have calves of adamantine, him stopping a downhill rush looks insanely painful)

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...
This is the best game I've played all year, first equal with Control. I might pick up Horizon too, if this is what Decima delivers on PC.
Is there any reason whatsoever to use Ex grenades once you have haematic grenades/bloodguns etc. Where the hell is Conan? Is he the pizza guy?
I'm no Kojima fanboy, that guy is obviously batshit insane, but I've had some genuinely emotional experiences while out in the field playing this game.

Coming over the hill into Lake Knot, having just been dragged around by a BT. I don't know if it was scripted, but it felt like it was my fault. BB was so stressed he'd shut down completely, I couldn't even rock him any more. My poo poo was all broken, I was out of stamina and it was easily my longest trek up to that point. Crest the hill, city is in sight, Asylums for the Feelings start playing and I'm just so impressed.
:discourse:

Low point was interacting with the "Chiral Artist". Was Kojima doing an investor a favour by putting their daughter in the game? Holy christ that was painful.

Edit: Control was last year. Here's hoping this is first equal with cyberpunk.

Raithe fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 1, 2020

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Raithe posted:

This is the best game I've played all year, first equal with Control. I might pick up Horizon too, if this is what Decima delivers on PC.
Is there any reason whatsoever to use Ex grenades once you have haematic grenades/bloodguns etc. Where the hell is Conan? Is he the pizza guy?
I'm no Kojima fanboy, that guy is obviously batshit insane, but I've had some genuinely emotional experiences while out in the field playing this game.

Coming over the hill into Lake Knot, having just been dragged around by a BT. I don't know if it was scripted, but it felt like it was my fault. BB was so stressed he'd shut down completely, I couldn't even rock him any more. My poo poo was all broken, I was out of stamina and it was easily my longest trek up to that point. Crest the hill, city is in sight, Asylums for the Feelings start playing and I'm just so impressed.
:discourse:

Low point was interacting with the "Chiral Artist". Was Kojima doing an investor a favour by putting their daughter in the game? Holy christ that was painful.

Edit: Control was last year. Here's hoping this is first equal with cyberpunk.

You'll find Conan in the second big area of the game, just keep delivering stuff you find out in the world. I was a bit put off by the whole chiral artist stuff initially but their little story wound up being pretty enjoyable overall.

That "Asylums For The Feeling" moment though, it's been a long time since I was so taken aback by a game. And then the musical moments just keep coming (ugh, pun) and they're all fantastic.

Personally I never used poo poo/piss grenades after I got the blood stuff though I doubt they're useless or anything. What a sentence to write. I love this game.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

You can throw the pee and poo grenades at MULEs for a fun interaction but yeah, hematic stuff is better against BTs in all cases.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Re: survive, i don't know how you can like this game but not like survive at least a little bit. Like, if you played survive for a few hours and then proclaimed it bad, that would be like playing death stranding long enough to get the tutorial on piss nades, doing one mule battle using only the strand, and then deciding you've seen the entirety of the gameplay and giving up

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

Personally I never used poo poo/piss grenades after I got the blood stuff though I doubt they're useless or anything. What a sentence to write. I love this game.

The best part of Death Stranding is it's a great game but if you try to stan it to people who haven't played you end up sounding 100% mentally unhinged.

On that note, I'm honestly surprised this game hasn't ask me to toss my cum at a ghost yet.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mrmcd posted:

The best part of Death Stranding is it's a great game but if you try to stan it to people who haven't played you end up sounding 100% mentally unhinged.

On that note, I'm honestly surprised this game hasn't ask me to toss my cum at a ghost yet.

:cumpolice:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I do it all the time. I don't know exactly where they are but if they exist they're bound to get hit sooner or later

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Don't cross the skeets! You'll cause a voidout!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

So the wiki claims you can toss a poo poo grenade to lure BTs toward the cloud (and away from you or a path you want to go through) but the nice side effect of you can get a bunch all in one spot for a hematic grenade multikill.

Haven't actually tried it yet though

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Assuming I don't actually need the chiral crystals, is it worth my time to take out BTs to keep the route clear, or do they just respawn anyways?

(thinking in particular of the godawful walk to the wind farm in the eastern region, here)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Assuming I don't actually need the chiral crystals, is it worth my time to take out BTs to keep the route clear, or do they just respawn anyways?

(thinking in particular of the godawful walk to the wind farm in the eastern region, here)

they respawn, and fairly quickly too. luckily they're not always around in the wind farm woods

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

drat. well, at least bloodbombs get rid of em quick enough so far, and they're not terribly hard to get hold of. Even if the BTs just come back, that's a drat sight easier than laboriously sneaking around (and inevitably loving up right at the end and losing unsecured cargo as I struggle out :argh:)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

drat. well, at least bloodbombs get rid of em quick enough so far, and they're not terribly hard to get hold of. Even if the BTs just come back, that's a drat sight easier than laboriously sneaking around (and inevitably loving up right at the end and losing unsecured cargo as I struggle out :argh:)

oh, that's what you meant. yeah, clearing out individual BT's is even more pointless

if you let yourself get snatched and then kill the Chaser that comes after you then it'll make the zone totally BT-free for a period, but you won't have the tools to effectively do that until a little later

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Also during the endgame there are areas where the BTs will respawn instantly after you turn your back at them after killing the midboss. I guess it is to make a strategic cleaning of certain choke points impossible. That one made me a bit angry.

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Cautionary tale.

Last night I decided to complete the road between South Knot and the Distro center so I wouldn't have to run back and forth over those horrible rocks. I swear no-one is helping build the roads.

I'm doing runs in a truck all over the region to pick up metal and ceramics. Last little bit for the night and I've got the truck 3/4 full at the Craftsmans Bunker. Just need 320 Ceramics from the Engineer. Decide to leave the truck and hop on a bike to go and grab them because the bike is way faster. Get to engineer and the system informs me my truckload of goods have despawned and have been given to other porters. :stonklol:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

There is also a big message beforehand telling you they're about to despawn if you get too far away, and the individual packages scream in blink if you leave them behind.

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

The notifications must have been lost in the spam of signs on the road.

I think it's time for me to move on because the landscape is just littered with purple trucks in rivers, bikes on the road, bridges every ten feet. All of those resources could have been put into roads guys.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

roads are for chodes, I’d rather crash all the pretty trucks into ravines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I did a playthrough where I intentionally never built any roads and sadly it seems if you go online the game will start populating them, just to get you started. That little stretch outside Lake Knot City as well as the three-way intersection near the Craftsman seem to always get built once you hook up that section of the game world. I managed to get around it by disabling my ethernet when finishing 'main' deliveries but still a bummer. My dream patch would include accessibility options to tweak the frequency of specific structures spawning in your world- jacking the number of ziplines to the max and everything else to minimum would be a fun experiment.