Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Which episode was Roger getting mad about someone saying his ideas were actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Milo and POTUS posted:

Which episode was Roger getting mad about someone saying his ideas were actually good

Gift Me Liberty

"I am by FAR the most creative person in the family!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A great angry Roger is from when Stan is telling his Columbia story and mentions how the fruit seller said he didn't like El Narco (who Stan doesn't realize is Roger)

Steve: How does that make you feel Roger?

Roger: INDIFFERENT!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

https://twitter.com/HugoGordon1/status/1321576598576025601?s=20

you can't convince me this isn't Roger

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"...wait, he was grey?"

"Yeah. Real weird-looking dude."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Welp, Halloween is over, time to switch from having The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes on in the background while I'm doing chores and cooking to playing The American Dad Christmas episodes.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Bob's Burgers Thanksgiving episodes are nice and undistracting for a November background for me

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The subplot of Stan and Steve trying to hug Francine's hot sister Gwen is really great. "I don't know poo poo about hugs!"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6vdhWS4I3w

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Brawnfire posted:

Bob's Burgers Thanksgiving episodes are nice and undistracting for a November background for me

They're never nice for bob

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're never nice for bob

He found that hot guy one time and contemplated a life together with him.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

In the words of President Joe Biden, "You do not have permission to use my name on your dōjō."

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I wish I were a better artist not enough to practice :effort: so I could draw fanart of Roger's personas as actual humans, how people outside the family see him.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I just randomly realized that the show called "American Dad" never made any references to Trump, iirc.

Probably because the writers on this show are smart.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheFattestPat posted:

I just randomly realized that the show called "American Dad" never made any references to Trump, iirc.

Probably because the writers on this show are smart.

Well, no direct references, but in season 13 we got "Railroaded" which is a full episode dedicated to satirizing Trump's election and administration (which they managed to make both obvious and hilarious despite not mentioning Trump even once during the whole thing).

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Other than a couple episodes in the early seasons thins show seems to stay away from current politics. Even the Obama episode was just about him being president and had nothing to do with political views.

The political episodes I can think of were the Bush and the Log Cabin Republicans episode. Maybe the Saudi Arabia one?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The one with the Oliver North song

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The show was all about politics until they figured out Roger's personas.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean you also have the fact that Stan still works at the CIA and he's usually doing coups or something else

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A thing I read said that basically Seth was the one pushing the politics but once Family Guy got brought back his attention moved over to it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cartoon cia + costumed weirdo really did give the writers so much versatility. The rest of the family doesn't lag too far behind either. Haley's a pothead with convenient reserves of spite and ambition, Steve's the best singer of the bunch and Francine is the best tv mom period, rivaled only by Linda Belcher. I bet this show is pretty fun to write for considering how weird you can get with it and it still not be too convoluted

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You didn't even mention Klaus.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Klaus doesn't deserve mention

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The last couple of seasons have been really good for Klaus, honestly. And his boys in Tampa!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

The last couple of seasons have been really good for Klaus, honestly. And his boys in Tampa!

Yeah, the Klaus episodes from the past few seasons have been incredible.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

limp_cheese posted:

Even the Obama episode was just about him being president and had nothing to do with political views.

I love that Stan has a book of people that gave him bad advice in extended fantasy sequences.

quote:

The political episodes I can think of were the Bush and the Log Cabin Republicans episode. Maybe the Saudi Arabia one?

FlamingLiberal posted:

The one with the Oliver North song

Aaaaayy yoooouuu! Get it? Because Au is the chemical symbol for gold! :haw:

Anyway, there's also the episode where W gets drunk & makes a fool of himself.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Maybe this could actually be... his season?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I saw Top Of The Steve for the first time yesterday. What an odd episode. Still good though. :v:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I watched pretty much all of the last season over the last week, and I think the hardest I laughed was Klaus screaming at Omar that he was wrong about his height. I love how weird this show's B plots get.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

I just had to collect it all in one spot.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I think the most surprising celebrity voice was Mariah Carey as the wife of the tailgating Cowboys couple in the Thanksgiving episode.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
As a top athlete in the GDR born in the 60s Klaus really should have been ocasionally nostalgic of East Germany rather than Nazi Germany.

I mean he is a German cartoon fish, makes sense to draw on more well-known stereotypes and the backstory to his nationality is not important, but him as a crypto-tankie would be a good fit too.

Falukorv fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 28, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Gaunab posted:

I think the most surprising celebrity voice was Mariah Carey as the wife of the tailgating Cowboys couple in the Thanksgiving episode.

Agreed, but also Lucy Lawless as Stan's acting partner.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This week’s Mandalorian made me laugh.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

This week’s Mandalorian made me laugh.

:same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiEG_6N0QTA

Please redo this scene Mandalorian

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 28, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm starting to worry that I know too much about American Dad.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm starting to worry that I know too much about American Dad.

Impossible, it's all 100% vital information.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Impossible, it's all 100% vital information.

While this is true, I'm not sure that I should be able to easily name several episodes with specific themes on request.

I've never seen The Mandalorian, and I find Baby Yoda ugly & creepy, but this is hilarious. :haw: