Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

7 is pretty incredible so far. closest feels i've got to when i played 0 for the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

machine gun kiss next

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Been making my way through 0 and really enjoying it. In Chapter 10 now, gonna do some property management and make some cash before leaving Kamurocho

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Been making my way through 0 and really enjoying it. In Chapter 10 now, gonna do some property management and make some cash before leaving Kamurocho

That segment takes forever but unlocks some of the best substories

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yakuza games ftw. Think I'm going to go back and clear the remaining stuff I didn't do in Yakuza 0 before going to kiwami finally

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
synthy must've speedrun the story or been playing 20 hours a day cuz he's 3 chapters ahead of me and i've been playing for months. anyway yakuza is hype as balls op probably the best game i've played in years

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I play like 2-3 hours a night, uninterrupted. You're probably distracted by Justin Trudeau hunting your ballseam.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

heehee posted:

synthy must've speedrun the story or been playing 20 hours a day cuz he's 3 chapters ahead of me and i've been playing for months. anyway yakuza is hype as balls op probably the best game i've played in years

heehee posted:

wasnt worth it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
7 is a masterpiece and I'm currently working my way through a NG+ Legend playthrough to pick up all the stuff I missed the first time through.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

American McGay posted:

7 is a masterpiece and I'm currently working my way through a NG+ Legend playthrough to pick up all the stuff I missed the first time through.

ah. thanks to the imp zone, I know this to be an example of Japanese HD Surrealism.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

tawal posted:

ah. thanks to the imp zone, I know this to be an example of Japanese HD Surrealism.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tawal posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

tawal posted:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

tawal posted:

lol

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Been learning how bad I am at OutRun. I don't remember being this bad at it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tawal posted:

Lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
tfw you go out with riichi ippatsu

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Been learning how bad I am at OutRun. I don't remember being this bad at it

this, except for all of the arcade games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

reloaded the electronics king OutRun battle twice, and won. it wasn't that hard once i realized there was a Hi Gear mode lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

now i can easily become superfriends with the sega arcade girl and buy the property. after that i think i'm good & will continue the story

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
A not explained tip- in yakuza 7 cab drop off spots only appear if youve interacted with the cab there before. You don't need to take the cab for a ride though. Just click on the cab and cancel the ride and it'll then be on the map. I did a lot of unnecessary running because I didn't know what gave you new drop off spots at first.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 28, 2020

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

reloaded the electronics king OutRun battle twice, and won. it wasn't that hard once i realized there was a Hi Gear mode lol

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

:wtc:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm drunk.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

drunk synthy casually cruising around in low gear and wondering why he keeps running out of time is cracking me up

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yeah that's real funny. I'm actually laughing too.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lmao

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I’m enjoying the subplot of Ichiban owning Bleach Japan on the reg in Y7

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I know 7 plays completely differently and it's a new protag but how much am I going to miss jumping to it from kiwami? Instinct is telling me to wait until I finish the rest of them but if it's not that big of a deal then I may give in

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's easter eggs and references that you'll only appreciate if you've played all of them, but as a storyline it stands fully on its own.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Sleng Teng posted:

I know 7 plays completely differently and it's a new protag but how much am I going to miss jumping to it from kiwami? Instinct is telling me to wait until I finish the rest of them but if it's not that big of a deal then I may give in

You'd be fine, but it's also worth considering that Kiwami 2 has a brand new engine/combat system and for me it was enough of a shakeup to feel fresh playing it next. It's not going to be like going from 0 to Kiwami 1 where the gameplay barely changes

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Thanks imps, think I'm going to stay strong and just play them in order so I can get the Full Experience when I get there

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sleng Teng posted:

Thanks imps, think I'm going to stay strong and just play them in order so I can get the Full Experience when I get there

This is probably what I'm gonna do too. I need 4-6 on pc first tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah that's real funny. I'm actually laughing too.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

think I'm gonna finally play Kiwami 1/2. 0 is fuggin amazing and made good on what the PS2 games we're trying to accomplish, can't wait to see how the remakes expand the world.