Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Sleepy Princess and its the :siren: 200th chapter :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Huzzah! posted:

new Interrogation Princess
ah yeah, its a Hell-Lord focused chapter.

This is why this manga deserves to be here in this thread instead of the "Generic Real Life vs Fantasy" one. Because of stuff like this. :allears:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I will never, EVER, get tired of the juxtaposition of an evil demon lord character with nonsense mundane daily life stuff

GEH gEH GEH staying healthy is important GEH

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The official release of Mieruko is out now.

Thank you authors wife for making the right choice

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

sinky posted:

Author has a very good wife.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

sinky posted:

Yep, already showed up! The cover is great, it's not just her being scared, you can see a monster in her eyes and then on the inside of the cover is the monster itself. Good stuff.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shadow House 59

last two pages, I'm dying lmao

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Shadow House 59

last two pages, I'm dying lmao

Yeah, Shadows House is the last manga I would expect to see a Buster Keaton joke from.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

With the Hell Lord out of action, the gang go have a relaxing time at the bowling alley.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
For some reason I hadn't been reading Shadows house until today. Just got to chapter 45 and of course it's the loving Fae kidnapping children. I thought the hedge mazes were leaning in that direction. This is a really good story and I absolutely love that sinister feeling that comes from knowing something is so obviously wrong and then the hammer drops shattering the facade entirely. Interested how Kate is going to handle eventually realizing that her existence might not continue unless she bonds with a human. Granted she obviously has a strong life force so she won't go the way of Shirley and there was also the hooded soot figure from earlier that seemed more indeterminate in appearance and not the usual shadow. Still doesn't mean that she still isn't on a timer but that can be revealed later. I know she wouldn't want to strip Emilyko of her personality and individuality when that's what she desired in the first place.

Thanks for recommending this one.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I certainly liked Kuro but SH really snuck up on me, the world building and cast rules and it's a god drat sidesplitter when it needs to be despite the fairly unsettling setting. Still lolin' good at the end of the latest chapter.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Brought To You By posted:

For some reason I hadn't been reading Shadows house until today. Just got to chapter 45 and of course it's the loving Fae kidnapping children. I thought the hedge mazes were leaning in that direction. This is a really good story and I absolutely love that sinister feeling that comes from knowing something is so obviously wrong and then the hammer drops shattering the facade entirely. Interested how Kate is going to handle eventually realizing that her existence might not continue unless she bonds with a human. Granted she obviously has a strong life force so she won't go the way of Shirley and there was also the hooded soot figure from earlier that seemed more indeterminate in appearance and not the usual shadow. Still doesn't mean that she still isn't on a timer but that can be revealed later. I know she wouldn't want to strip Emilyko of her personality and individuality when that's what she desired in the first place.

Thanks for recommending this one.

Same and... same.

I'm glad they didn't save [the spoilered stuff] for a late-game reveal, that would have been lame.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
BIBLIOMANIA

Not quite daily life, but definitely surreal.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess
Princess learns what happens when you change the timeline.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Shimeji Simulation
I mean, what else was gonna happen when you dig a very deep hole.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Interesting that among Oliver's crew he and Anne wear glasses. Given how odd it would be for John to wear them because Shaun's vision isn't perfect I'm curious what mixture of "wearing glasses because that's what smart people wear" and "Wearing glasses because my human slave needs them" we're looking at. Oliver so far seems the least antagonistic of the Star Bearers which is fitting since he's a zany scientist. Now we can also add Anthony to the list of previous star bearers with a history.

The next chapter where Kate channels her inner Emilyko was also nice because it's not like it's a result of the empathic link the shadows have with their humans that amounts to brainwashing. But rather her honestly just trying to be spontaneous and emulating Emilyko's personality. Their faces still don't match up a lot of the time, like when they are celebrating leaving the room, but they are still very close.

Glad it was a double release.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
All the different shadow/face relationships are interesting. Early on it seemed like the face was supposed to act identically to the shadow in public, but that doesn't seem to have been borne out. The Olivers have a teacher/student thing going for example, and Barbie seems to be a genuine confidant for Barbara. (The other two star bearers to seem to have the clone thing going, though.)

The "merger" process sounded hostile to the face, but I wonder if that's necessary or true. The bit earlier where one of the "complete beings" shows their face when they're emotional is interesting. Given that the shadows clearly aren't necessarily evil despite being magical parasites, maybe there could be a more equitable way to become a "complete being"? A "complete being" with Kate's cunning and decisiveness and Emilyko's positivity and strength sounds pretty hard to beat.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

~This time~ Princess has a plan to not talk.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Huzzah! posted:

new Sleepy Princess
Princess learns what happens when you change the timeline.

LOL, they are both so used to the princess' thievery that it doesn't even register as an unusual thing for a whole chapter

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
New Mizore-chan but uh...

Well, the mermaid became awful real quick

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

New Mizore-chan but uh...

Well, the mermaid became awful real quick

I wonder if that's the reason the story was cut short? Because I do not like Shoujo Fish at all.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I dunno, the shopkeeper being two tanukis standing on each other's shoulders is pretty great
EDIT: Oh, I'm chapters behind. NM.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Eldritch Senpai
Thats a hell of a last page.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

a new series Sakamoto Days

Legendary hitman falls in love and retires from the underworld to run a small convenience store. Can he keep his family safe all the while maintaining his normal life.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Extremely good family lore chapter of Flying Witch.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Pharmacist's Monologue.
We learn the backstory of the Man Who Brains in Chess Pieces

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So BIBLIOMANIA's last two updates made me realize the following things. Book Satan here was late to the apocalypse, and he's not the head bitch on this planet either. Almost makes me feel bad for him that he's facing his mother down with no hope of victory on a dead earth :confuoot: This is a weird party.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

So BIBLIOMANIA's last two updates made me realize the following things. Book Satan here was late to the apocalypse, and he's not the head bitch on this planet either. Almost makes me feel bad for him that he's facing his mother down with no hope of victory on a dead earth :confuoot: This is a weird party.

Yeah I have no idea where this story is going but i'm enjoying the ride I think? It's certainly visually lavish

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Last chapter also just came out. Wild ride of a story.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Last chapter also just came out. Wild ride of a story.

:wtc:
So I have to correct myself here. It's the Big sister bullying her younger brother before assimilating him into the endless library that is her being. God help the universe if she ever makes it off the planet

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Tonari no Seki-kun... Junior????

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Twitter plays a visual novel

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

pro-click

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Sushi is on the menu.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's okay, I guess

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Oh that ending sucked, twitter cowards

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fellis posted:

Oh that ending sucked, twitter cowards

You're right. That half voted against her wishes showed great weakness

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
If you were curious how the other route would have gone for Twitter Plays a Visual Novel, the final update that just went up is that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Its been a while, new Nicola's Leisurely Demon World Travelogue
Simon and Nicola just found out Nicola's mom is alive somewhere in the demon world. Simon hits up the best info broker to get any leads on her whereabouts.