Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jesus what are the WWE makeup artists are doing to her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i had assumed the makeup was a gimmick but i don't trust them to have that level of self-awareness

Lid posted:

Warning: You will learn that Billie Kay's accent is entirely a gimmick.

magic is dead but also: calling all casting agents: she's got it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Orange Carlisle posted:

Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode called out Smackdown Tag Team Champions The Street Profits.
Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode defeated The Street Profits in a non-title match.

loving lol

Also for some reason Montez made a joke about Roode only being able to grow a mustache despite Roode currently having a full beard

I have no idea why

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

https://i.imgur.com/RK7U1Eu.mp4

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

two versions of monopoly, fantastic commitment to heeling

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Benne posted:

Rey's dipshit, uncharismatic kids are all TV every single week while they can't find anything to do with Aleister Black and Andrade

Rey loyally worked for them for 2 months without a contract.

We knew there'd be consequences

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Rey's dipshit, uncharismatic kids are all TV every single week while they can't find anything to do with Aleister Black and Andrade

If this is what it took to sign Rey, I'm super fuckin' glad he stayed in WWE. I've never checked out on a wrestler faster (besides for fash/crime reasons) than when Rey's lovely family showed up.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Rarity posted:

Vince and Dunn can't get off to women who don't look like party clowns. Notice how every woman who left WWE, like Kelly Kelly, Summer Rae, hell, even Eva Marie is way more attractive when they can, for the lack of a better term, express their beauty themselves.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Forceholy posted:

Vince and Dunn can't get off to women who don't look like party clowns. Notice how every woman who left WWE, like Kelly Kelly, Summer Rae, hell, even Eva Marie is way more attractive when they can, for the lack of a better term, express their beauty themselves.

It used to be pretty blatant even within the company. Can't judge the difference these days, but back when Vince didn't care about NXT, all the women like Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte, Becky, etc, you knew they had make-up on, but it looked natural. Then they got called up to the main roster and it looked like the first thing Vince and Dunn did was personally slam them facefirst into a make-up table to get their looks up to their "Gotta look pretty in HD, pal" antiquated standards.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Y'all being very unfair, Vince just still really really misses Ultimate Warrior.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

jesus WEP posted:

two versions of monopoly, fantastic commitment to heeling

"love a good board game" DOUBT

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i remember after rousey signed her deal the makeup lady had her looking like she had conjunctivitis

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

JOHN CENA posted:

i remember after rousey signed her deal the makeup lady had her looking like she had conjunctivitis

That was her personal make up artist, sorry.

The documentary when Bayley had to be taught what was expected on the main roster for makeup while she was shocked and questioning if it was good for her character.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I have a vague memory of even Baszler getting extra makeup and a bit of a changed up look when she hit the main roster. Either way the change in their look was often the worst part of women being called up. One of the best parts of NXT was when they didn't have all of Vince's hangups on what a wrestler looks like.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Intruder posted:

Also for some reason Montez made a joke about Roode only being able to grow a mustache despite Roode currently having a full beard

I have no idea why

Vince McMahon probably has weak facial hair genetics and is old and forgets who has facial hair and who doesn't

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I just looked to see if Vince had ever actually had facial hair and lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I bet they demanded Ruby Riott grow her hair out as soon as she got to the main roster as well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I bet they demanded Ruby Riott grow her hair out as soon as she got to the main roster as well.
What are the chances that at some point Shotzi and Ruby become interchangeable because Vince can't tell them apart

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

What are the chances that at some point Shotzi and Ruby become interchangeable because Vince can't tell them apart

You can accuse Vince McMahon of a lot of things but he can definitely identify when someone isn't white.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Alverez had a funny point that the only person under 25 that they’re pushing is Dominic. You won’t win 18 to 34 if you don’t have any characters or 18 to 34. (and that survivor series, they had miz beat Dominic in the battle royal to get HEAAAAAAt).

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Golden Bee posted:

Alverez had a funny point that the only person under 25 that they’re pushing is Dominic. You won’t win 18 to 34 if you don’t have any characters or 18 to 34. (and that survivor series, they had miz beat Dominic in the battle royal to get HEAAAAAAt).

Main roster under 30:

Angel Garza
Humberto Carrillo
MACE
Omos (?)
Tucker
Alexa Bliss
Lacey Evans
Mandy Rose
Peyton Royce
Bo Dallas
Dominick Mysterio
Otis
Chelsea Green
Liv Morgan
Ruby Riott
Sasha Banks
Street Profits

So that makes 10 men and 8 women under 30.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Of that group, they’re pushing Sasha Banks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they're absolutely pushing Street Profits and Lacey Evans

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They could all be 20 and getting pushed and would still be working a 75 year old man's idea of "good poo poo"

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m not going to look up the ages of the NXT roster because they have about 80 people assigned to that brand, but it’s surprising how many guys there are in their Mid to late 30s already. There’s some young guys to be fair, but lots of guys that they should have pulled the trigger on by now too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

but lots of guys that they should have pulled the trigger on by now too.

in a few senses of that phrase

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I’m not going to look up the ages of the NXT roster because they have about 80 people assigned to that brand, but it’s surprising how many guys there are in their Mid to late 30s already. There’s some young guys to be fair, but lots of guys that they should have pulled the trigger on by now too.

blue lives ciampa is just a year or two from finally learning how to work the hardcam and making it big on the main roster

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

WWE's stranglehold for so long on wrestling is probably responsible for so many what ifs. So many people with real potential who just never got used.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Remember when triple H had to go off the gas so he and Stephanie could have a kid and he looked like the pill yet doughboy

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

blue lives ciampa is just a year or two from finally learning how to work the hardcam and making it big on the main roster
Ciampa is trying to call the bluff that he'll retire the second he gets called to the main roster again.

Worked well for New Day claiming they'd all quit if they got broken up

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WWE does stage makeup. Larger and overly done to be seen from a distance. For the live audience instead of the TV audience.

Who knows why besides Vince, but the people doing the makeup are probably (like everyone else there except Kevin Dunn) really good at their jobs but forced to stick to the desires of a crazy old man.

Lid posted:

Warning: You will learn that Billie Kay's accent is entirely a gimmick.

I mean, not that much. It's speaking louder, and faster.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

And even though it sucks the Alexa/Fiend thing is probably seen as a big deal for them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bo Dallas is under 30 what :psypop:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rarity posted:

Bo Dallas is under 30 what :psypop:

Yes and he is clearly just too bad for TV. Just not as good as Dana Brooke or Lana or the 50 year olds.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ICR posted:

Yes and he is clearly just too bad for TV. Just not as good as Dana Brooke or Lana or the 50 year olds.

I'm not sure if you're being facetious but yes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

And Alexa Bliss

Though I wish they weren't with her current gimmick

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
He clearly missed out on the main event wrestler genes his brother got

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He should have been huskier.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Heel NXT Champion Bo Dallas ruled and you are all cowards

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yaya posted:

Heel NXT Champion Bo Dallas ruled and you are all cowards

Bo Dallas was the best NXT Champ after PAC and it's not particularly close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Wazzu posted:

That was her personal make up artist, sorry.

The documentary when Bayley had to be taught what was expected on the main roster for makeup while she was shocked and questioning if it was good for her character.

On this weeks New Day Podcast Bayley mentions having to go into Vince's office after cutting her hair because he had to approve it before they'd put her on TV.