Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

The slaughterhouse 9 have come to Brockton Bay. Heroes and villains alike have joined forced to defend the city, but though bio-tinkering the slaughterhouse 9 have hidden themselves within the locals. It is now up to the group to root out the killers in their midst and send them to the Birdcage before they are killed.

Basic information:

Days will be 48-72 hours in length. Nights will be roughly 24 hours. These are flexible based on when I want to be up and doing things.
This is a role madness game is for 16 people.
We’ll be using Discord to manage everything, so please make sure you have access to those for the game. https://discord.gg/NPYtqRdGaX
Alignment changes are not part of this game.

The game will not start until after Dec 1, regardless of sign-up status because I'm going on vacation.

General Mafia Rules (That have been stolen from Natural 20 who stole them from Somberero):

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is a game, part of the game is having people react, but if you think you’re reacting badly, walk away, calm down, come back later.
2. For the lurker mechanic for this game, any player with less than 10 posts on a game day will be killed at the end of the day (if the day ends with an early hammer, than this rule will only apply if the hammer was within 12 hours of the deadline).
3. Don't edit your posts.
4. Don't talk after you're dead. I'll send you a PM to a Dead doc if you want to chat poo poo.
5. Feel free to post after the hammer/during twilight about non-game stuff.
6. Flavor is flavor, you’re welcome to pursue arguments on it if you want. However, scum are backed by elaborate fake claims. Additionally whilst I try to retain flavor justification for many abilities, they will not always match expectations.
7. No replacements after D2.
8. Don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. If you have OOT communication with another player, the rule still applies.
9. Don't fake day actions.
10. If you are affected by a Day Action, do not post under any circumstances until I post the result of the Action. Everyone else is good to keep going.
11. The game will use plurality execution mechanics. This means if no player ever has a majority of players voting for them when the day ends, than the player with the *most* votes on them at deadline will be executed.
12. This game will be run on the beta votefinder site(https://beta.votefinder.org/game/worm-2#votecount). Probably won't have any impact for you as players, but putting it out there as an FYI for anyone that cares.
A note about result language:

1. A result that successfully targets will yield the result. "You successfully x your target"
2. A result that does not successfully target will yield the result. "Your action fails."
3. If a player name is ever mentioned as part of a result other than those that require it, this is a mod error.
4. A "successful" target is defined as an ability resolving on someone. This does not have to be the intended target, so a redirected result will yield the same language as a result that has not been redirected.

Signups:

1. apostateCourier
  2. b-minus1
  3. Bifauxnen (she/her but I don't care if you gently caress it up )
  4. CapitalistPig (He/Him)
  5. Gumball Gumption
  6. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  7. Idle Amalgam
  8. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  9. ObamaAkbar.
  10. Referee (He/him)
  11. Retro Futurist (He/him/opop)
  12. sandnavyguy
  13. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  14. Squiggly
  15. t a s t e
  16. Yami Fenrir

End of Day 1
End of Day 2

Amnistar fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Yes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yes please

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Ready for part 2 baby

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sure I want to be in on the whole worm series

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Hello I am a scion of lovely posts

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
This is a preemptive gently caress you to Hal

Do you even know what my town posts look like

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

This is a preemptive gently caress you to Hal

Do you even know what my town posts look like

Lol

Please make me and squiggly unconfirmed masons in this game

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not a signup but please note that per the OP, this game is being run on Beta Votefinder (https://beta.votefinder.org/game/worm-2#votecount) to help test if Alli managed to fix automatic posting on majority hammers. Amni, you may wanna put this link in the OP?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Podima posted:

Not a signup but please note that per the OP, this game is being run on Beta Votefinder (https://beta.votefinder.org/game/worm-2#votecount) to help test if Alli managed to fix automatic posting on majority hammers. Amni, you may wanna put this link in the OP?

Done!. Though the image link is also to there, which is what most people click on to get to votefinder :D.

Also, join discord players.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sure I want to be in on the whole worm series

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

How closely is this following to the original plot and/or at what point do I need to have read up to do as to not have spoilers?

(I’ve made it through 12.8 so far).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Podima posted:

I will be quite disappointed if there isn’t a D1 turbo to “test” this functionality.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Referee posted:

How closely is this following to the original plot and/or at what point do I need to have read up to do as to not have spoilers?

(I’ve made it through 12.8 so far).

Uhh....thematically kinda sorta? The spoilers you'd get from this are going to be the fact that this happens, and who is canonically alive when it happens. Other than that, this will have nothing related to the story that happens.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Amnistar posted:

Uhh....thematically kinda sorta? The spoilers you'd get from this are going to be the fact that this happens, and who is canonically alive when it happens. Other than that, this will have nothing related to the story that happens.

Cool, just thought it was worth checking :)

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Is this like some sort of fan fiction

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
The Scion of Squiggly huddles in a corner, gestating a beautiful child in his sexily distended torso. Soon, he whispers as he feels a discomfort in the region of his anus. His pulsating starfish whispers in tandem.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ooh distended torso. Hot

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Squiggly posted:

The Scion of Squiggly huddles in a corner, gestating a beautiful child in his sexily distended torso. Soon, he whispers as he feels a discomfort in the region of his anus. His pulsating starfish whispers in tandem.

:allbuttons:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Yes

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:agreed:

Oh lord is this the pr this game

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Bifauxnen posted:

:agreed:

Oh lord is this the pr this game

It depends. How old is this Taylor character supposed to be

Follow-up question, if she's under 18 is there any chance she's a 4,000 year old demon in disguise

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If you’ll have me!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Squiggly posted:

It depends. How old is this Taylor character supposed to be

Follow-up question, if she's under 18 is there any chance she's a 4,000 year old demon in disguise

15/16. And not in the core material.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I suppose I should get back to reading more of this

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Okay well I need a ship for my baby daddy

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I will play in this game of mafia.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

I will play in this game of mafia.

Excellent

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'll play, I know nothing about this flavor.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Signing up to be lunched day 1 or killed night 1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Brocktony Bay? Brocktony Bay?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I've added both Hal and GG. Make sure you join the discord since all mod stuff will happen there.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress it I'm down to clown

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

3 more and I'll be able to set things up to start on the 1st.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Im down!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Sure, this is fun.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008