Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3949036&perpage=40&noseen=1

I’m glad you were ultimately town this game taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Also to answer something in deadchat:

The reason why I trusted SNG so much was the following:

We already had 3 dead scum at the time, and then AA and Hawke basically self destructed.

With 5 dead scum and everyone hammering the whole "freya would be town flavor, and freya is flavor confirmed" issue, I thought it unlikely that SNG would be another scum.

I was mainly focused on the SK and guessed correctly that scum and SK would probably be worried about the PGO, so I was trying to draw the NK away from SNG and onto me instead. It was basically just a gambit to buy SNG another night that worked better than I thought.

Since I thought as one of the most confirmed town, I'd be the next best target. It just didn't end up working that way.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yeah, sure, it worked out, but the thing most of us were saying is that this:

Yami Fenrir posted:

freya would be town flavor

Is an extremely bad place to hang your hat. Trusting that before the IA/Hawke misplay was wild. Made more sense after, kinda.

Like, obviously all the flips to that point had been bad guys, but what would you expect the scum team to be, all good guys? No, of course not. If there is going to be a good guy on the scum team (and there usually is, but this is not an absolute of course which is why flavor-alignment arguments are bad), using the 3 bad guy flips as "it doesn't make sense for a good guy to also be scum" is offkilter.

Similarly I can't believe Chic didn't get more heat down the stretch. SNG having a lot of kills made it less likely for them to be scum, so I can follow "I dont think scum would get a traditional NK + poison every night in a game with a 2 shot doctor and a bunch of VT", but scum getting a 2 shot vig would not really have been crazy. Scum get 1-shot vigs here and there and I think in Chic's TWEWY Scum ended up with a 2 or 3 shot Vig that we rode to a nice victory iirc.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

chaoslord posted:

Yeah, sure, it worked out, but the thing most of us were saying is that this:

Is an extremely bad place to hang your hat. Trusting that before the IA/Hawke misplay was wild. Made more sense after, kinda.

Like, obviously all the flips to that point had been bad guys, but what would you expect the scum team to be, all good guys? No, of course not. If there is going to be a good guy on the scum team (and there usually is, but this is not an absolute of course which is why flavor-alignment arguments are bad), using the 3 bad guy flips as "it doesn't make sense for a good guy to also be scum" is offkilter.

Similarly I can't believe Chic didn't get more heat down the stretch. SNG having a lot of kills made it less likely for them to be scum, so I can follow "I dont think scum would get a traditional NK + poison every night in a game with a 2 shot doctor and a bunch of VT", but scum getting a 2 shot vig would not really have been crazy. Scum get 1-shot vigs here and there and I think in Chic's TWEWY Scum ended up with a 2 or 3 shot Vig that we rode to a nice victory iirc.

Yeah I didn't believe it entirely at first but the entire thread hammered it into me. I remember even saying that the amount of kills town supposedly had would be insane at some point.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

As for chic, I honestly don't know. Part of my issue this game was that I basically constantly felt like I was playing from behind as my sadbrains took basically an entire game day of getting reads away from me. I was mostly playing by gut at the the time until Sandwolf died and I rallied behind avenging his murder. Which didn't mean much because I was basically entirely wrong anyway...

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yami Fenrir posted:

As for chic, I honestly don't know. Part of my issue this game was that I basically constantly felt like I was playing from behind as my sadbrains took basically an entire game day of getting reads away from me. I was mostly playing by gut at the the time until Sandwolf died and I rallied behind avenging his murder. Which didn't mean much because I was basically entirely wrong anyway...

You led the town to a win. You did a good job trusting your gut and being right, even if I was saying "wow yami is right for the wrong reasons". It's a fun party game, if we really all cared about being right for the right reasons all the time we would play more Resistance lol. It just gave obs something to talk about, you pulled the right stuff in the end.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

chaoslord posted:

You led the town to a win. You did a good job trusting your gut and being right, even if I was saying "wow yami is right for the wrong reasons". It's a fun party game, if we really all cared about being right for the right reasons all the time we would play more Resistance lol. It just gave obs something to talk about, you pulled the right stuff in the end.

:thumbsup:

Appreciated.

Anyway I'm sad SNG didn't have a confessional, I wanted to see their reaction to the PGO gambit.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

:thumbsup:

Appreciated.

Anyway I'm sad SNG didn't have a confessional, I wanted to see their reaction to the PGO gambit.

I didn’t realize it was an option!

But yeah my entire thought process in this game required you to be town lol.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
IA you did a really good job holding out as long as you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Thank you for the game.