Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
So GIP i've actually grown some balls (i've always had them according to wifey) to the point i want to build my own house with a king bathroom the ladies will dig and a kitten hotel under my stairs supported by a strap on reinforced drywall device that has yet to be invented.

However, i'm more curious about the abstract mistakes one has made in their career path. I really wanted to share the experience in the chapter of life of who really made a mistake to take a stand. when they hate those that made a new decision to further their career. It could possibly help carve a different path of success within the DoD organization of confusion and knife wielding cherry fucks that are absolutely clueless.

as previously stated, this post is literally out of anger because i'm out of pizza rolls.

My starters for this topic are have you done the entire combat arms route or were you a sapper? Doesn't even matter if you did or didn't! also did your dumb rear end join special operations at the prime age of 27? and has been down hill ever since? which was the topic of your apparently blight cherry fucks that were in charge of anything that managed to hold a pencil? Please share the blunders of anything that you thought was a career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
this post is reserved. because gently caress you

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:wtc:

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

This is the only response.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The worst mistake in my military career was enlisting.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

OP, there is only one GIPper who has the answers that you seek. You must travel to Virginia and search its exurban enclaves. Quest for the white haus with the insulated stairs and unnecessary windows, inhabited by the one who predicted the outcome of the second Iraq war. Once you stand amongst its load-bearing drywall glory, lift your head up high and shout ”GROVER!” and he shall appear to bless you with the truths that you crave.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
I promise you I've traveled through Virginia. I even hung two 1 liter coke bottles off my genitalia while crab walking in the street, I believe someone posted me on rva meets. However there's one thing that stand all apart, everyone around knows the smell of this fart. It's kinda of funny and laughable since you know a majority of us k ow the actual magnitude.

Should I rename the op? To. Hey, its reminiscing about that one of that couldn't even get a shot off in that dark or complains that laurels and Rippets were from alien art

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Munkeylord posted:

I promise you I've traveled through Virginia. I even hung two 1 liter coke bottles off my genitalia while crab walking in the street, I believe someone posted me on rva meets. However there's one thing that stand all apart, everyone around knows the smell of this fart. It's kinda of funny and laughable since you know a majority of us k ow the actual magnitude.

Should I rename the op? To. Hey, its reminiscing about that one of that couldn't even get a shot off in that dark or complains that laurels and Rippets were from alien art

Even your explanation reads like a stream of consciousness.

Are you stroking out? Drunk/high?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

uh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Only Grover can deliver you what you seek.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
It's me. I'm grover

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
did shim do shrooms again?

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

ded posted:

did shim do shrooms again?

Speaking of shrooms. There is a certain humvee in the motorpool, apparently it is the most ideal environment for shrooms to literally grow inside the vehicle.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

ASAPI posted:

Even your explanation reads like a stream of consciousness.

Are you stroking out? Drunk/high?

i mean, it's virtually impossible for me to not be drunk/high. Or to take anyone seriously without a rap sheet history. Was a pretty good response though right? RIGHT? post count < rap sheet.

Back to the topic of the actual op (pizza rolls were purchased). Seriously has anyone changed a job (within the DoD or contracted) 2 or 3 times and just couldn't ever progress from their attempt? Besides the old in haus engineer. i was hoping for a more smooth transition from the advert op to shared poo poo posting among us, but i only have one hand available and there isn't any honey or wishes.

some of the things i would have done differently when i transitioned from my first mos to my second. I should have tried to not call people out so much that were from a different expertise on how one regiment did it differently than the other. also drunk texting. i probably shouldn't have directly drunk texted several csm's on how i think or believe they hosed up.

some of the things i would have changed when i was force re-classed from my 2nd mos to my 3rd. saying, referring, or directly insinuating that someone is a bitch to their face. drunk texting again, degrading field grade officers while the microphone is unmuted for at minimum pacom/socom/southcom (all seperate instances btw) cocoms to hear in detail every word i said. which also i may or may not have said, go suck a fat baby dick; by name.

that's all i'm looking for, has anyone else really done this poo poo or am i just a loving insane person?

Munkeylord fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 1, 2020

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Munkeylord posted:

i mean, it's virtually impossible for me to not be drunk/high. Or to take anyone seriously without a rap sheet history. Was a pretty good response though right? RIGHT? post count < rap sheet.

Back to the topic of the actual op (pizza rolls were purchased). Seriously has anyone changed a job (within the DoD or contracted) 2 or 3 times and just couldn't ever progress from their attempt? Besides the old in haus engineer. i was hoping for a more smooth transition from the advert op to shared poo poo posting among us, but i only have one hand available and there isn't any honey or wishes.

some of the things i would have done differently when i transitioned from my first mos to my second. I should have tried to not call people out so much that were from a different expertise on how one regiment did it differently than the other. also drunk texting. i probably shouldn't have directly drunk texted several csm's on how i think or believe they hosed up.

some of the things i would have changed when i was force re-classed from my 2nd mos to my 3rd. saying, referring, or directly insinuating that someone is a bitch to their face. drunk texting again, degrading field grade officers while the microphone is unmuted for at minimum pacom/socom/southcom (all seperate instances btw) cocoms to hear in detail every word i said. which also i may or may not have said, go suck a fat baby dick; by name.

that's all i'm looking for, has anyone else really done this poo poo or am i just a loving insane person?

Now that I understand what you are talking about, I may be able to help.

When you are job swapping, does your field have a clearly (or at least somewhat clear) path for advancement?

Some fields will have a "path" for advancement, many fork multiple times. Some of your issue may come from going to positions along the wrong "path" and your resume doesn't match. Very important for any federal/contracting job.

Over how many years are these swaps taking place?

If you are staying more than 3 years without advancement it might be time to get out. Either dip your toes in the civilian market or try something adjacent.

When you apply for the next position, does it have the same or similar title?

NEVER apply for the same title you currently have. You should always try for the NEXT level in your progression.

When applying for the "higher" title/position, are you just not getting callbacks?

I noticed that tweaking my resume helps with this. For some reason people think you can only be a manager if you previously had management experience. Which doesn't work, since we would run out of people with those skills based on that mentality. Change your title on your most recent entry on the resume to be the same as what you want. Add experience to support that you were actually doing that job.

Does you resume/interview skills match your posting?

I know this is a dying comedy forum and we are all shitposters, but drat dude. NO ONE will give you a second look or another interview based on this thread. Take the search seriously, ALL the time. You don't realise it, but even when blowing off steam, your attitude bleads through in what you write, say, and do while searching.

Is there a specific skill/task/contract that you have been sticking to with DOD/Contracting?

There are likely some that may already have the "in" you are looking for. At least they may be able to point you in the correct direction.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
For the record, Shim is clean and sober except for a little weed at the end of a lovely day.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

ASAPI posted:

read and will reread it again and again

Wow, very nicely painted picture. You really gave me an epiphany on what I really should be thinking about, was not expecting this at all. So, I'm still active. Due to retire in 2023. I'm going to take some time to digest your post. Thank you.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Munkeylord posted:

Wow, very nicely painted picture. You really gave me an epiphany on what I really should be thinking about, was not expecting this at all. So, I'm still active. Due to retire in 2023. I'm going to take some time to digest your post. Thank you.

Basically everything the transition guys told me was a lie when I got out. Hands down the hardest transition I have ever done. Shoot me a PM if you need anyone to bounce ideas off of.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

ASAPI posted:

Basically everything the transition guys told me was a lie when I got out. Hands down the hardest transition I have ever done. Shoot me a PM if you need anyone to bounce ideas off of.

pretty much i'm experiencing an expected outcome, once i've determined i have reached the end of this chapter in life (8 years ago) with what i was, who i am now, and have done during and prior is quite a normal experience. i still have some years to prep. Mentally though, completely checked the gently caress out. This i assume is a normal thing.

i've rewrote this sentence like 27 times. and every time i deleted it because it really doesn't mean or make anything better or it just doesn't matter at all. Ready to go home again, ready to live with my family. have been married 16 years. I can say i've spend 7 years at home. it's not fair. and i'm out of pizza rolls again.

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018

pantslesswithwolves posted:

OP, there is only one GIPper who has the answers that you seek. You must travel to Virginia and search its exurban enclaves. Quest for the white haus with the insulated stairs and unnecessary windows, inhabited by the one who predicted the outcome of the second Iraq war. Once you stand amongst its load-bearing drywall glory, lift your head up high and shout ”GROVER!” and he shall appear to bless you with the truths that you crave.

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018
For the record that’s a low res copy of my own photo.

Yes I did waste an entire day finding out where his house was from a picture in flight simulator and then drive there.

It’s actually in a very nice neighborhood, his former house is a overgrown eyesore.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Yes I did waste an entire day finding out where his house was from a picture in flight simulator and then drive there.

It’s actually in a very nice neighborhood, his former house is a overgrown eyesore.

That's awesome - all of it.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

i wouldn't call it a waste, it's definitely an iconic place. thank you for not sharing PII even though 80% of us know where to find this place

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
You went and snapped your own photos of grovers house? After spending a whole day tracking it down and driving to it? Like with your free time?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grover's old house. He sold it.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Grover's old house. He sold it.

Wonder who the house inspector was....hhhhmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Munkeylord posted:

Wonder who the house inspector was....hhhhmmmmmmm

Surprised its not a superfund site, really.