Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think it’s the risk of having a hypo that bans ya. Or even maybe it’s just a aryan purity thing.

qirex posted:

It has been reported that roughly 100 U.S. firefighters are convicted of arson each year.[3][4]

I have this weird suspicion that these kinds of numbers don’t translate in other countries but I could be wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

spankmeister posted:

the fire department attracts people who like fire.

you’d think it would be the opposite

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
people who hate fire

when I was in the church I was taught sex was like fire and that when it was in the place it was meant to be like a fireplace (marriage) then it was good but when it was in the middle of the living room (out of marriage) it was less good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

people who hate fire

when I was in the church I was taught sex was like fire and that when it was in the place it was meant to be like a fireplace (marriage) then it was good but when it was in the middle of the living room (out of marriage) it was less good

well, is that accurate?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Accurate as I have never had sex in a fireplace (yet) but have done so in the living room several times.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
depends if you think setting a house on fire is more exciting, memorable, and lifechanging than just watching a boring fireplace burn for a bit and then go out

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i hate fire. it’s hot and burns everything and gets everywhere.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Accurate as I have never had sex in a fireplace (yet) but have done so in the living room several times.
Don't knock it till you try it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

echinopsis posted:

I have this weird suspicion that these kinds of numbers don’t translate in other countries but I could be wrong

it's people with a saviour complex

some firefighters get a real kick out of busting in, putting out a fire, and being labelled a hero. a small number get so much of a kick it that when things get slow, they start jonesing for a fire to happen so that they can get their fix. an even smaller number get so worked up that they end up taking things into their own hands to make that happen.

those people exist everywhere. it really comes down to whether other countries do a better job of weeding them out or otherwise keeping them under control.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

President Beep posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it's over, anakin! i have the high temperature!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

it's over, anakin! i have the high temperature!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Please don't bring Star Wars into this thread, it's bad enough already here.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Please don't bring Star Wars into this thread, it's bad enough already here.

never tell me the odds lol!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

never tell me the odds lol!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jabor posted:

it's people with a saviour complex

some firefighters get a real kick out of busting in, putting out a fire, and being labelled a hero. a small number get so much of a kick it that when things get slow, they start jonesing for a fire to happen so that they can get their fix. an even smaller number get so worked up that they end up taking things into their own hands to make that happen.

those people exist everywhere. it really comes down to whether other countries do a better job of weeding them out or otherwise keeping them under control.

so what you're saying is that we'd have a better time if we collectively decided to treat firemen like poo poo?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
beep for yosposter of the year imo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

kitten emergency posted:

beep for yosposter of the year imo
seconded

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55119428

lol this is good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

:hai:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

wait trump actually went through with drug reimportation?

drat he actually did something good

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Sagebrush posted:

You have to actually be in shape to be a firefighter. Not to be a cop.

There were a lot of firefighters at my old gym. They'd train there in general and to practice for their fitness test, which involved them shouldering a 60 pound hose and climbing a million stares... you'd see them working out on the stair master with this giant hose the gym had for that exact purpose, it was nuts.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

theres a good reason no one wants a sexy cop calendar

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the lovely little town i come from had a largely volunteer fire department that was full of human blobs. it was just a way to get a cool lightbar on your pickup truck.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ADINSX posted:

north american hellworld containment zone: sexy GOP calendar

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

President Beep posted:

north american hellworld containment zone: sexy GOP calendar

its about time they brought it back... ngl regan was a good looking guy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ADINSX posted:

its about time they brought it back... ngl regan was a good looking guy

this but bonzo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

the lovely little town i come from had a largely volunteer fire department that was full of human blobs. it was just a way to get a cool lightbar on your pickup truck.

the ham radio dudes that are really into justifying "but we're an essential emergency communications service!" loving love playing volunteer firefighter

can i just enjoy my drat hobby without cosplaying? we don't make people into rally driving promise they'll drive women in labor to the ER through a twisty, snow covered forest road

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

after my wife and i separated, i slept with the fire chief's ex-wife from a nearby town :clint:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/d_shep1111/status/1332823289983430661

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

the ham radio dudes that are really into justifying "but we're an essential emergency communications service!" loving love playing volunteer firefighter

can i just enjoy my drat hobby without cosplaying? we don't make people into rally driving promise they'll drive women in labor to the ER through a twisty, snow covered forest road

the best ones are the ones who build whacker cars replete with 10 antennas, as many obnoxious light bars as will fit/are legal and something on the side like "SAFETY PATROL" or "STORM CHASER"

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Jonny 290 posted:

i always liked the story of the schiit audio company (they make desktop DACs and amps), where the owner of the company was working out of his garage. they had an HOA that was complaining they were running a business from the garage and it wasn't allowed. the guy told them that he was going to erect a giant antenna for his ham radio setup and they couldn't block him because it was part of essential emergency comm service. they quickly backed down and let him go back to working in his garage.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

The_Franz posted:

"SAFETY PATROL"

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Somehow that's even more cringey than the ones that say ZOMBIE PATROL

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

wait trump actually went through with drug reimportation?

drat he actually did something good
you do not, under any circumstances, “gotta hand it to him”

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ADINSX posted:

My wife and I took her 96 year old grandma out to breakfast a few years back. Grandma saw some cops at the next table, shook her head, and said "they're all so fat now." scared the poo poo out of me lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The_Franz posted:

the best ones are the ones who build whacker cars replete with 10 antennas, as many obnoxious light bars as will fit/are legal and something on the side like "SAFETY PATROL" or "STORM CHASER"

well now i gotta

(they're just offroad LEDs, and i never turn them on except if i'm in the woods, and I definitely never play cop)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
for some reason people do seem to change out of my lane a lot