Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

I heard Sheamus on a radio show several years ago and it was like, "Where has this guy been??". Likeable, funny, cool.

My friend worked with Sheamus for a few promotional videos around Royal Rumble and said he was absolutely great to work with. He even got Sheamus to cut a promo on all the guys in our whatsapp group :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

I heard Sheamus on a radio show several years ago and it was like, "Where has this guy been??". Likeable, funny, cool.

scripted to death and somewhat sad about it.

My posting history won't let me say sheamus is good but he is

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

1glitch0 posted:

He's done Celtic Warrior Workouts on youtube where he does the workouts of various WWE superstars. He comes off as pretty charismatic in them and his struggles to keep up is charming.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The Xia one is great because she was a fitness trainer in China and absolutely destroys Sheamus

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1AzHdJ_cEhc

Imagine not having anything for her other than orientalism

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sheamus has always been cool. Like when the speaking out stuff was coming out and someone brought up how he stuck up for one of the women and called out some shitbags.

WWE is just constantly proving that their scripted stuff holds back the talent on their roster.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He did want Sheamus.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i was saying boo-rogue kick

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
:fella:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Sheamus is cool and good and he and Cesaro had literally the only good moment of last year's Wrestlemania with the swing/club combo.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Bar was good when they're weren't being embarrassed for being in the tag division

I kinda liked how they didn't really fit or have a theme other than being buddies

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I liked Shaemus in the TMNT movie :colbert:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Purple camo though?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I've been a fan of Sheamus since that time he yelled, "We aren't watching that shite!" in response to Rusev saying they were going to watch Total Divas.

I think that was Rusev anyway.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheKingslayer posted:

I've been a fan of Sheamus since that time he yelled, "We aren't watching that shite!" in response to Rusev saying they were going to watch Total Divas.

I think that was Rusev anyway.
It was Rusev wanting to watch it again

https://twitter.com/bornthisrich/status/1042597820212174848

It's in here, loving twitter links

Sheamus owns

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hahahahah legend

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

gently caress yeah. That and Celtic Warrior Workout videos were really entertaining.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1174281374787952640

My friend's the guy getting kicked by Sheamus

His first bump :')

e: i hate paddy power as a company just fyi before someone @s me!!!

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Sheamus did a meet & greet at a FCW show I went to once. He went above and beyond to make sure everyone who wanted to chat, take a photo or get an autograph got one. I asked him how many lies are too many lies and he said seven. I have always liked Sheamus and I am happy to see him get love in this thread.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’s good but like every other wrestler he gets used like poo poo. Remember the never ending Alberto/Sheamus matches? Yea...

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

That was eight years ago

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

the best of 7 series that ended in a draw. lmao.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Procrastinator posted:

It ended with DA BAR, WHO SET DA BAR, WE ARE BAR, ARMBAR, something I forget.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

one of my nicest memories from the one WWE house show I got to attend was the Bar/New Day match. The whole show was fantastic, in ways that made the television product even more unwatchable than it already was to me

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Procrastinator posted:

Yeah but it led to THA BAR and THA BAR was awesome as gently caress so in the end it all worked out. :colbert:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jeff didn't want to let Matt hog all the head trauma for himself: https://streamable.com/3b6t13

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dimebags Brain posted:

Jeff didn't want to let Matt hog all the head trauma for himself: https://streamable.com/3b6t13

loving ow. Also lol at everyone on the TV screens simultaneously start cheering when the producer tells them to.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Dimebags Brain posted:

Ouch that's real gnarly.

Also why was Elias electrocuted by sticking a wooden guitar neck inside of a speaker? How is that supposed to work?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The sparks shot out and electrocuted him, what’s the problem?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Do those thunder dome shmucks get a live stream of the show?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

1. I have no clue how he's not dead.
2. They seem unable to have a feud without some mcgoo gimmick match.
3. The Thunderdome looks like an audience of doomed souls watching as King Minos decides what ring of hell you will spend eternity in.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Invalid Validation posted:

Do those thunder dome shmucks get a live stream of the show?
I believe they did, yes, but rumor is/was they collected enough recordings to just replay earlier thunderdomes.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Looking at Jeff Hardy makes me really sad now. I mean, not just that he really hosed himself up, but he's like 50 and still dressing exactly like he was in 1999.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Spiderdrake posted:

I believe they did, yes, but rumor is/was they collected enough recordings to just replay earlier thunderdomes.

I don't think it's a rumor, plenty of people have posted on twitter that their old selfs are watching the thunderdome, sometimes multiple copies of themselves. Plus there's a whole bunch of "looping" videos like in "Speed" so it's kinda obvious at this point

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Watching WWE have to re-adjust to a crowd that won't do exactly what they want is going to be loving hilarious.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Pylons posted:

Watching WWE have to re-adjust to a crowd that won't do exactly what they want is going to be loving hilarious.

Maybe this will happen sometime down the road, but I can only imagine that the first people willing to pay to be part of the first "post-pandemic (fingers crossed)" WWE shows are going to be 100% drinking the Kool-Aid and eating up everything Vince throws at them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Defiance Industries posted:

Looking at Jeff Hardy makes me really sad now. I mean, not just that he really hosed himself up, but he's like 50 and still dressing exactly like he was in 1999.

He's older now than Michael Hayes was in this picture

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nipponophile posted:

Maybe this will happen sometime down the road, but I can only imagine that the first people willing to pay to be part of the first "post-pandemic (fingers crossed)" WWE shows are going to be 100% drinking the Kool-Aid and eating up everything Vince throws at them.

I wonder if they will keep a crowd coordinator regardless and instruct people in the crowd how to act and kick them out if they don't.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Jerusalem posted:

I wonder if they will keep a crowd coordinator regardless and instruct people in the crowd how to act and kick them out if they don't.

They probably have their muting technology / piping in noise down now - I can't not see Rapist chants at Riddle not being muted changed to cheers if live crowds ever come back

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results 11/30:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Alexa Bliss interviewed Randy Orton. The Fiend showed up, Orton passed Alexa to him then left the ring and asked,"Who's laughing now." Nobody was laughing at any point during the entire segment.
  • A recap of Drew McIntyre winning the Royal Rumble aired. Ricochet's part in Brock Lesnar's elimination was edited out.
  • Jeff Hardy defeated Elias in a Symphony of Destruction match (no DQ, musical instruments as weapons). The 24/7 jobbers ran through and got beat up during the match. Elias got electrocuted via wood during the match. Yes I wrote that.
  • Literal accused rapist Matt Riddle chatted to Keith Lee backstage, Keith Lee just walked away off-screen while Riddle was talking.
  • Ricochet and Mustafa Ali both did promos about each other.
  • Slapjack defeated Ricochet in a singles match after multiple interference/distractions including Dana Brooke slapping Mustafa Ali.
  • Sheamus was a guest on MizTV, and came to blows with Miz and Morrison over their shittalk. Miz took out Sheamus with the Money in the Bank briefcase.
  • Lana & Asuka defeated Raw Tag Team Champions Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler in a non-title match. Lana pinned Shayna after Asuka hit a running knee on Shayna while she was choking out Lana.
  • Drew McIntyre chatted to Sheamus backstage. They will tag against Miz & Morrison.
  • New Day did a promo about how they were done with the Hurt Business, the Hurt Business came out and said they wanted another title shot.
  • Cedric Alexander defeated Xavier Woods in a singles match. Alexander celebrated without MVP or Shelton Benjamin post-match.
  • Literal accused rapist Matt Riddle chatted to AJ Styles and his giant bodyguard backstage.
  • AJ Styles defeated Keith Lee and Matt Riddle in a Triple Threat match to earn a title shot against Drew McIntyre. Styles pinned Riddle, but NOT after a cool spot where Keith Lee kicked out and sent AJ flying on top of Riddle. :mad:
  • John Morrison told Miz that he had a plan for their tag match.
  • Dana Brooke defeated Mia Yim in a singles match, in spite of a distraction by Mustafa Ali. Ali shouted at Mia post-match,"There is no failure in Retribution!", but was somehow not struck by lightning.
  • Morrison's plan was to try and bribe AJ Styles with a pie. AJ said he would be on guest commentary and maybe help them because it would be easier for him to beat Miz than Drew McIntyre at TLC (Morrison could see the logic in that).
  • Bobby Lashley attacked Matt Riddle backstage while he was being confronted by MVP.
  • Sheamus and Keith Lee spoke backstage.
  • Drew McIntyre was interviewed in the ring.
  • Drew McIntyre and Sheamus defeated The Miz and Morrison by DQ when AJ Styles hit the Phenomenal Forearm, then directed the others to assault Drew while he gave the ref the MITB briefcase.
  • Miz argued with AJ, realized he should cash in, then got Claymore Kicked by a recovered Drew before he could.
  • AJ panicked until his bodyguard carried him away over his shoulder, and AJ talked mad poo poo at Drew while being carried out like a toddler.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
they're still going to be able to pump in WWE video game fake cheers even when they have an audience again

and since the audience will be more tarps than people (like we saw before covid), it's going to be easy to drown the people out