Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
unfortunately, i have learned that i am nintendocore. i'll see myself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Soricidus posted:

I have rarely been so disappointed as when reading that and finding that there is not yet a genre called Grover House

lol

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3Oj-Dq-MM

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

i do now

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

prefect posted:

there's got to be a genre of music that only has one song in it. or maybe a theoretical genre, that has zero songs

in ishkur’s previous version of that guide he actually did hypothesize the existence of a theoretical music genre called “booty trance” that, tragically, did not yet exist

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The murder of human beings for their body parts is a crime in all countries.

fankey
Aug 31, 2001

prefect posted:

there's got to be a genre of music that only has one song in it. or maybe a theoretical genre, that has zero songs

elements included bagpipes, cowboy music, an opera singer rapping, and a children's choir that urged listeners to go shopping at Walmart

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://youtu.be/-gPuH1yeZ08

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The word is derived from the terms tsun tsun (ツンツン) ('to turn away in disgust or anger') and dere dere (デレデレ) ('to become affectionate').[1] Originally found in Japanese bishōjo games,[2] the word is now part of the otaku moe phenomenon,[3] reaching into other media such as maid cafés,[3] anime, manga, novels, and even mass media. The term was made popular in the visual novel Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.[1]

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

prefect posted:

Primus is the only band with its own ID3 genre tag, 'Primus', as introduced by Winamp.[80]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Primus is the only band with its own ID3 genre tag, 'Primus', as introduced by Winamp.[80]

Primus Sucks

Why isn't this mentioned at all? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 216.211.242.197 (talk) 03:37, 26 October 2012 (UTC)

Good question. Probably lack of reliable sources, since the heyday of this phrase was pre-web, and folks generally don't save their alternative weeklies for two decades. But yeah, it was arguably a great and perverse marketing move to have their fans spreading the phrase all over, stoking curiosity in the then-cult band. Calbaer (talk) 06:07, 4 March 2013 (UTC)

:corsair:

When the song was performed on Top of the Pops on its initial release, the BBC requested that MacColl's singing of "arse" be replaced with the less offensive "rear end".[20]

prefect fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 24, 2020

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

ultravoices posted:

sounds like an alternate history ethnic slur

fuckin' goozers

i feel like there's a rule 34 for ethnic slurs and that at one point this was one, now thankfully lost to time

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Being categorized as part of the "North" implies development as opposed to belonging to the "South", which implies a lack thereof.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
When Heinlein's editor required him to make substantial cuts in the original Stranger manuscript, the bulk of the material cut was said to be lengthy monologues by Harshaw.[6]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
To keep his sanity, Joel crafts sentient robot companions, including Tom Servo, Crow T. Robot, and Gypsy, to keep him company and help him humorously comment on each movie as it plays, a process known as riffing.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

quote:

Adams began working on Dwarf Fortress in October 2002, estimating that the project would take two months

lmao

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

raminasi posted:

in ishkur’s previous version of that guide he actually did hypothesize the existence of a theoretical music genre called “booty trance” that, tragically, did not yet exist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BzUPoGCd4

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Soricidus posted:

I have rarely been so disappointed as when reading that and finding that there is not yet a genre called Grover House

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJ6anurfuw

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lool

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart displayed scatological humour in his letters and a few recreational compositions. This material has long been a puzzle for Mozart scholarship. Some scholars try to understand it in terms of its role in Mozart's family, his society and his times; others attempt to understand it as a result of an "impressive list"[2] of psychiatric conditions from which Mozart is claimed to have suffered.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Victory Position posted:

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart displayed scatological humour in his letters and a few recreational compositions. This material has long been a puzzle for Mozart scholarship. Some scholars try to understand it in terms of its role in Mozart's family, his society and his times; others attempt to understand it as a result of an "impressive list"[2] of psychiatric conditions from which Mozart is claimed to have suffered.

lmao scholars can be dumb as hell sometimes

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
writing a hundred-page dissertation investigating the plethora of mental illnesses involved in the psychological condition called "humor" for my doctorate in musicology

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

Sham bam bamina! posted:

writing a hundred-page dissertation investigating the plethora of mental illnesses involved in the psychological condition called "humor" for my doctorate in musicology

"geniuses can't make poop jokes: correspondences between mozart's clarinet concerto in A major and tonal flatulence "

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ultravoices posted:

"geniuses can't make poop jokes: correspondences between mozart's clarinet concerto in A major and tonal flatulence "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b305CaQvQ44

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

description: Wilhelm Reich and his son peter at Orgonon, experimenting with portable cloudbuster (1948, colorized)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Victory Position posted:

lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Thirty Years' War is briefly referenced in the survival horror game Amnesia: The Dark Descent. The common enemies in the game are former soldiers of the war that abandoned their duty, died and became cursed to roam the woods they died in.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
A persistent myth holds that it is impossible to eat quail every day for a month. This has been the subject of a number of proposition bets; however, it has been achieved on several occasions.[2]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
With the evolution of the genre it has come to be known by a number of names, including spiral tekno, hardtek, tribetek, tribe and lately evolved in many other subgenres like pumping tek, hardfloor and French core which is a sort of mixture between mainstream Hardcore and Hardtekno, with funny and pumping samples taken from different media supports.

Jungletek and Raggatek is a subgenres derived directly from Hardtek. These well known genres collide to create fast energetic 190 BPM dance floor smashers. Kicked of around 2008 here in the UK Mandidextrous & Vandal were among the first producers to start writing this genre of music. It breathed new life into the underground rave scene not only here in the UK but also picking up a strong following in Italy, Spain and Austria to mention a few. Massive influence for this music also came from the Techno scene in Europe where some of the first underground music lovers started to up the bpm and add variations in structure thus becoming Tekno. Techno in the UK in the early 1990s was based on a bpm of 130-140. By the 2000s music on its never ending journey of progression had gained more speed and Hardtek was starting to dominate UK raves especially in the South and London.. Even Trance had progressed from sweeping delicate melody's to whats now known as Hardtrance a faster, harder more bouncy music to its predecessor. Music all over the underground was getting harder and faster. In today's world the most recent and noticeable evaluation in music is the progression of DnB into Neuro Funk, very similar to DnB but with grittier and harsher bass and synth sounds often using masses of compression to get those tearing bass line which is now worlds apart from one of the original DnB genres pioneered by Carl Cox Jungletechno.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

With the evolution of the genre it has come to be known by a number of names, including spiral tekno, hardtek, tribetek, tribe and lately evolved in many other subgenres like pumping tek, hardfloor and French core which is a sort of mixture between mainstream Hardcore and Hardtekno, with funny and pumping samples taken from different media supports.

Jungletek and Raggatek is a subgenres derived directly from Hardtek. These well known genres collide to create fast energetic 190 BPM dance floor smashers. Kicked of around 2008 here in the UK Mandidextrous & Vandal were among the first producers to start writing this genre of music. It breathed new life into the underground rave scene not only here in the UK but also picking up a strong following in Italy, Spain and Austria to mention a few. Massive influence for this music also came from the Techno scene in Europe where some of the first underground music lovers started to up the bpm and add variations in structure thus becoming Tekno. Techno in the UK in the early 1990s was based on a bpm of 130-140. By the 2000s music on its never ending journey of progression had gained more speed and Hardtek was starting to dominate UK raves especially in the South and London.. Even Trance had progressed from sweeping delicate melody's to whats now known as Hardtrance a faster, harder more bouncy music to its predecessor. Music all over the underground was getting harder and faster. In today's world the most recent and noticeable evaluation in music is the progression of DnB into Neuro Funk, very similar to DnB but with grittier and harsher bass and synth sounds often using masses of compression to get those tearing bass line which is now worlds apart from one of the original DnB genres pioneered by Carl Cox Jungletechno.

alright in my book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QTU1-k2LZE

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The fuselage of Howard Hughes' personal 307 (NX-19904) also survives, although it has been converted into a houseboat.[53]

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
have we done

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DoggoLingo

yet?

quote:

DoggoLingo, also referred to as doggotalk, woof, bork, and dog-speak, is an Internet language that is created from word conversion, meme lexicon, and onomatopoeia. DoggoLingo is implied to be a dog's own idiom, and is presented as what humans have long believed goes on in the canine brain. Elyse Graham, assistant professor at Stony Brook University, describes DoggoLingo as "upbeat, joyful, and clueless in a relentlessly friendly way".[1]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Prior to the release of 24 Japan, doubts were expressed by the viewing public about the potential of a Japanese take on the concept of 24. A commonly expressed concern mentioned by one reviewer was that the type of gun-related violence and terrorism portrayed in the American series would not be realistic in a Japanese setting, since a major terror attack had not occurred in Japan since the Tokyo subway sarin attack on 20 March 1995.[7] There was also concern that Karasawa was not the best choice to fill the role of Genba Shidō due to the age difference between him and Kiefer Sutherland at the onset of 24 in 2001 (Karasawa was 57 at time of filming; Sutherland was 34 when he started on 24).[8]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Victory Position posted:

Prior to the release of 24 Japan, doubts were expressed by the viewing public about the potential of a Japanese take on the concept of 24. A commonly expressed concern mentioned by one reviewer was that the type of gun-related violence and terrorism portrayed in the American series would not be realistic in a Japanese setting, since a major terror attack had not occurred in Japan since the Tokyo subway sarin attack on 20 March 1995.[7] There was also concern that Karasawa was not the best choice to fill the role of Genba Shidō due to the age difference between him and Kiefer Sutherland at the onset of 24 in 2001 (Karasawa was 57 at time of filming; Sutherland was 34 when he started on 24).[8]

:psyduck: who was that moron reviewer

"the inscrutable japanese won't be able to comprehend this american show about terrorism, as their only recent experience with the concept is" (checks notes) "the nerve gas attack on the tokyo subway system"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

A man smokes at a shop selling cigarettes