Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

hey guess what the government is involved no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I didn't say anything about kids.

I was talking about marriage. You love your wife so much you want to go to court over it.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zH9Zca1vRM

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
a few years back I was fresh off a divorce (10 years with that horrible woman... yikes) and had an appt to get a vasectomy because I never wanted kids, but then I met an amazing person who suggested maybe I hold off. now I’m married again with a beautiful kid.

sometimes life just be that way, but I definitely wouldn’t have planned a kid during pandemic times. mine was born in the early lockdown days and let me just recommend not doing that

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
if people want to have kids, they should have them; if they don't, they shouldn't. there's always going to be a good reason not to do it. i'm definitely not going to chastise or judge someone for giving birth to the nurse that gets to change my diaper when i'm drooling at 95

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

are we actually expecting a baby boom or is that just speculation? i could definitely see a boom happening once this poo poo circus is finally over

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PIZZA.BAT posted:

are we actually expecting a baby boom or is that just speculation? i could definitely see a boom happening once this poo poo circus is finally over

i personally know three couples with target delivery dates in december and early january. anecdote not data but it’s more than i usually see in my environment.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There's a show my wife is binging on Amazon called "90 Day Fiancee - The Other Way" which includes a bunch of Americans who met people in foreign countries and immediately knocked them up so yeah, I guess some people are.

The 'best' part of the show is when the Americans' parents come visit them in Ecuador, Brazil, South Korea, etc and spend the entire trip talking about what a shithole their mate's country is. Just the nicest people.

90 day fiance is my favorite garbage TV show.

In the first season there is a hardcore mormon dude who goes to Brazil to do missionary work, and ends up meeting some very rural Brazilian lady when he was 18 and she was 16. His whole storyline is how he wants to "civilize" her. The first comment he makes about her is "they didn't even have washer/dryers in her village!".

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i'm sure it won't be a "boom" because most of the people of childbearing age are still locked in their tiny apartments and too depressed and anxious to have sex. it's not like post-ww2 when people were celebrating in the streets and everyone was horned up and rich off the spoils of war.

but there will be a blip like there was in june 2002, yes

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm kinda looking forward to the post-pandemic period. Gonna party my rear end off and get me some.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i'm looking forward to elective procedures being okay again so i can get the snip

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
also to the day when my buddies and i are all vaccinated so we can hang out together again

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i'm looking forward to elective procedures being okay again so i can get the snip

Better wait til we know that the NCAA tournament is for sure happening

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

also to the day when my buddies and i are all vaccinated so we can hang out together again

im gonna go blast everyone with so many aerosolized particles u have no fuckin idea

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm gonna give so many people hugs I'm gonna start a new pandemic

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

kitten emergency posted:

im gonna go blast everyone with so many aerosolized particles u have no fuckin idea
:yossame:

spankmeister posted:

I'm gonna give so many people hugs I'm gonna start a new pandemic
:same:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I'm gonna post up at bars and swap stories with everyone for hours on end

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Fortaleza posted:

I'm gonna post up at bars and swap stories with everyone for hours on end

Yeah all those stories about all the cool stuff we all did during the pandemic.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Methanar posted:

I was talking about marriage. You love your wife so much you want to go to court over it.

now tell me how to not get the government involved you want to be able to manage each others health and financial issues in the case of someone being seriously ill, otherwise incapacitated, or dying.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'll have my kids in a forest shack and keep them away from society until they have no chance of having a normal life, thank you very much

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

spankmeister posted:

Yeah all those stories about all the cool stuff we all did during the pandemic.

I've been doing a ton of cool stuff!

Next year when stuff is open you'll be able to go up to just about any dude here and ask "how did your first woodworking/homebrewing project go?" and get a long answer.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

it's the people actively looking to get pregnant during a pandemic that are most baffling to me. yeah let's plan to undergo a process that can cause major, sometimes life-threatening complications requiring medical care, during a time when the healthcare system will be overstrained and where going to a hospital will be even more hazardous than usual!

hell, depending on where you live and how bad this poo poo gets in the next few weeks, it might not be possible to get medical care!

and yeah you can plan on delivering at home or w/e but sometimes the human body isn't so cooperative.

as of today every hospital in sacramento is full

they are now turning people away

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

spankmeister posted:

In developed countries we have things like civil union which is all the legal benefits of getting married without getting married.

and in shithole states they have covenant marriage where you get to shackle your wife to you with unbreakable legal paperwork

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Asleep Style posted:

heh

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

PIZZA.BAT posted:

isn’t that happening just based on simple demographics? echo boomers / millennials are prime baby making right now

Asleep Style posted:

lol, I know 3 people who have done this

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Asleep Style posted:

Hed posted:

lol, I know 3 people who have done this

i don't get it :negative:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

the most popular time to get snipped is the day before march madness because the recovery is sitting on your rear end for 5 days or whatever, so why not do it during an extremely exciting and entertaining tournament that is on from 11am to 7pm for a week

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
ohhhhhhhhhh

thank you :unsmith:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Hed posted:

isn’t that happening just based on simple demographics? echo boomers / millennials are prime baby making right now

millennials are aged 24 to 40

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i wouldn't have a baby even if you paid me $100k

a million, i guess i might consider it, still probably not though

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Probably would hurt having one come out of your dick, yeah

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
10 million and it can come out wherever it likes

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

having a kid actually rules

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
calolfornia

https://twitter.com/loisbeckett/status/1333635934303125505

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
oh yeah and in thanksgiving news today was the last day you could safely eat anything cooked on turkey day

so i'm staying up late converting the last couple pounds of turducken (and about 3x that of onion) into french onion soup

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Methanar posted:

i was in the church and marriage is just what you aim for early

was it because we wanted to have sex

maybe idk. we had 69rs regardless and then one person would come and then start to cry and the other person was horny and now hanging out with a guilt ridden case asking to pray about sinning

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh yeah and in thanksgiving news today was the last day you could safely eat anything cooked on turkey day

so i'm staying up late converting the last couple pounds of turducken (and about 3x that of onion) into french onion soup

what is going on with the tiles on the wall, do you have some sort of tile mosaic window?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the backsplash there is a vineyard, the previous owners had a hardcore wine fetish and had their own label or something, idk they went bankrupt renovating the place and getting divorced. all the neighbors keep telling us how awful they were lol

e: here you go

and this kinda thing is all over the place too

old white people here are just bananas for wine. it's kinda down on the list of stuff that's getting replaced

H.P. Hovercraft fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 1, 2020

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

That’s an incredibly californian backsplash. How many accents on the house would be described by a realtor as “mission style”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the neighbors who have lived here "since all this was orchards" 50 years ago have the spanish tile and horse chains across their front porch so they handily claim that

this place was just renovated about a decade ago by rich wine snobs. one of those wine label tiles (there's like a dozen) had their actual family last name label on it, added in sharpie since i guess they couldn't decide on whose name to use (maybe the divorce had something to do with this). the rest of it is laquered tile as i suppose it was meant to appear on the bottle, but the name itself was sharpied on. hoverwife obliterated it immediately with acetone since it looked like poo poo lol